• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
FamiBoards' favorite game of all time, Monolith Soft's Xenoblade Chronicles 2, just turned 4 years old 4 minutes ago!

congratulations-omedetou.gif

Let me tell a personal anecdote.

A few years ago I was living in a city where I knew precious few people. Some of the people I did know were my cousin, who even then I barely knew because she always lived pretty far away from where I lived, and her husband. They had me over for dinner a few times, but we didn't see each other that often. They knew I loved video games, because I always had.

The husband would chat with me via text every so often. I don't remember how the topic came up but we got onto video games. He waxed nostalgic about playing Goldeneye in his youth (he was older than me but not by that much). I remember telling him something along the lines of "yeah, a lot of N64 games were good at the time but wow they aged like milk." He kept going on about how much he enjoyed it, giving me "nah man those games were awesome! True classics!"

I got a message a little bit later on that day:

"Someone on [local buy/sell advertising website] has an N64 and goldeneye for [too much money] and I'm gonna go get it from him now!"

I feel like, by me bringing up old games, I indirectly sent him on this path. I knew I had messed up. This was my fault.

I got a message about 2 days later:

"hey man, want to buy an N64 and Goldeneye?? I got it for [too much money] but I'll give it to you for [slightly less but still too much money] hahaha"

"Nah man, I think I'm ok!"

"Come on man, you love these old games"

"Yeah, I think I'm OK then!"

"ah, well, whatever"

I don't think I've had a conversation with him since.
N64 continuing its legacy of destroying relationships even when mario party/kart aren’t involved.

Everybody's looking forward Triangle Strategy when the chad Strategy Game is definitely Midnight Suns, coming day one natively on the Nintendo Switch Family of systems.

FamiBoards' favorite game of all time, Monolith Soft's Xenoblade Chronicles 2, just turned 4 years old 4 minutes ago!

congratulations-omedetou.gif

Lets celebrate in advance of Xenoblade 3's reveal at the TGAs.

Also did y'all see Riverdale referencing NGE?

On the road again to 10k posts. I hope our ten thousandth post in this thread will be something of substance I dare it be something dumb like bütts

Self replicating microscopic robots has always ended well in fiction, what a great idea.
fd8044eb10485c24ff3d2f71888b0a718214e9a764b774d74971f9ab7c9ccf9d_1.jpg

Speaking of card games

:(
On the one hand a bummer, though honestly for some reason I thought it was always scheduled for 2022 and thought it was weird it was announced so far out for an indie title

I thought Ramanas Park was such a neat concept until I realized you have to spend hours upon hours searching for mysterious shards in the underground, something that is wholly random, as far as I'm aware, to even get one slate to catch 1 of the 13 available legendaries.

Even worse, you need to catch all of them (Which means who knows how many hours of repetition) to experience the distortion world and the level 100 super-boss :/

Literally why.
The rest of the slates seem to unlock after you clear two rooms. Catching Giratina in Turnback Cave might be required for the DIstortion Room, though.

Why are people so convinced about Goldeneye NSO? I feel like I missed something.
Nintendo seemingly went out of their way to clear the game for release in Germany when the banned status apparently would have expired by itself fairly soon regardless.

Goldeneye I found his weakness
Goldeneye he'll do what I please
Goldeneye no time for sweetness
But a bitter kiss will bring him to his knees

Why are people so convinced about Goldeneye NSO? I feel like I missed something.
Germany has an index for games considered harmful to youth, and after 25 years have passed from their initial release they are reviewed and deemed acceptable or kept on the list. Nintendo, as publisher, opted to pay a fee to have the game reviewed two years earlier and have it cleared for release. Additionally, 2021 is the 60th anniversary of the James Bond franchise.

(Semi-related, being an N64 Rare game?) Shpeshal_Nick at some point teased [Perfect Dark] coming to Switch NSO by the end of the year.

Goldeneye I found his weakness
Goldeneye he'll do what I please
Goldeneye no time for sweetness
But a bitter kiss will bring him to his knees
Is it bad that this is the only Tina Turner song I actually know of off the top of my head?

As of this post, I'm five away from hitting 500 posts on this site since I started September 30th.

Time flies when you shitpost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom