• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to bring back RE:Switch around the table but according to biohazardcast they have a "semi-reliable" source, who was right about mostly everything regarding Village, who said that Re:Switch was in playtest last year.

Imagining that the project has debuted in 2017 and was playtested in 2020, isn't it weird to cancel the game this late ?

Additionally, according to DuskGolem the game would be developed by the devs behing the other revelation games whose are know for their secrecy.

I don't know where this is leading us but I think we will know very soon what is going on with this game.

The big takeaway of "Resident Evil Switch" is that multiple people with decent track records have talked about various disjointed (and sometimes conflicting) details. We believed for a long time that Village used to be Rev3 but then someone else told Dusk that wasn't the case. Dusk himself has mentioned Outrage and Rev3 in the same breath, Nate seems to believe they're separate projects but both have admitted that information on either has been nebulous. From the sounds of it there is or was a project called Outrage but we 1) don't know if it still exists 2) don't know exactly what it is (single player, multiplayer, both?) 3) don't know if it's still coming to the Switch or even if it was planned for the system in the first place.

Self replicating microscopic robots has always ended well in fiction, what a great idea.
To be fair pretty much anything turns into a terrible idea in science fiction.

Vaccines -> Zombies
Diseases -> Zombies
AI -> War against robots
nanobots -> War against robots or zombies
Democracy -> Fascism
Electric voting -> War against fascist robots

And yet here I am perfectly capable of a) Fighting against zombies b) living in post-civilization world c) equipped with skills useful in most science fiction dystopias.

Living in time of luxury and uncertainty. Bah Humbug.

@NateDrake, I’ve been out of the loop the last few days, so forgive me if you already covered this (and someone else chime in if this has been covered).

Have you heard anything about the Chrono Cross re-release being a remake or a remaster? The rumored Another Eden collaboration feels like the game will be more than a FF VIII scenario, but perhaps that’s simply fortuitous and nothing more.

Solar Ash is releasing this week, I'm super interested in it but I guess it's too demanding for the Switch.. plus the PlayStation exclusivity.

The work is done. Nintendo is sitting on finished GB/GBC games for NSO for some reason. The emulator of GB/GBC entered and finished QA months ahead of N64. They must have a reason for the hold.
Thanks Nate!
Could be both or they have intent to bring GB/N64 features via the Transfer Pack and are waiting to bring GB to NSO with a game that supports the feature -- like Pokemon Stadium. Launch GB/GBC with the Pokemon games and have Stadium hit N64 NSO at the same time with Transfer features. Would be pretty big announcement.
I agree, that would be a pretty monumental announcement. I find they often push NSO in September/October (NES, SNES, N64, Animal Crossing DLC) and March/April (Tetris 99, Pac-Man 99, AC launch, etc) so maybe a big Pokémon dump of the Game Boy games and Stadium for 64 is their March-ish update?

I can't stop thinking about Paper Mario Color Splash and how I'm 100% convinced it could have been a great game if they had just made it more like Slay the Spire or Baten Kaitos.

What? Why wouldnt they come to ps4 and ps5 as well?
You're right and I was being cheeky since I don't have access to a PS4/PS5 and my PS2 is slowly dying.

Here we go again... Trailer looks nice but just slightly a little too much 'paint-by-numbers' with some of the sequences shown. That said, it looks promising and they've said there's no returning characters (I assume outside of Mr. Saturn) so if they get concerned about a C&D they could easily go the Oddity route and rebrand it.

Mobile/Pc free to play directed by Chrono Cross director Masato Kato, yup.
There were references to multiple Chrono Cross characters found in the files of the game.
Mitsuda also worked on the OST, and Square-Enix has also published a couple of books for it:

It'd be funny if this is why there was that tweet about Mitsuda being back in the studio with one of his collaborators a few months back and not because of the Cross remaster.

Question for Fami: are we expecting the December NSO update announcement for the Game Awards or before TGA?

I am wanting Golden Sun remake shown at TGA. I think the game is just midtier enough to be an excuse for an announcement to be there.

I think people should maaaybe keep their TGA expectations for Nintendo low. I think Goldeneye on NSO is as high as I'm keeping my expectations. That way, if there's anything else, I can be pleasantly surprised.

I think people should maaaybe keep their TGA expectations for Nintendo low. I think Goldeneye on NSO is as high as I'm keeping my expectations. That way, if there's anything else, I can be pleasantly surprised.
Yeah and even that I wouldn't exactly say I'm expecting. Just keeping that as high as my hopes will go.

while having expectations low is always to be advised , idk, there’s been notable stuff at the tga in some shape or form for the last 3-4 years . The thing I would advise more is don’t have expectations set on a specific thing, like folks expecting metroid prime remake one year, or the one year folks were expecting a new smash reveal and it didn’t happen (lol) . It could be anything and even “just” them throwing their support behind a notable third party release .

It won't just be Goldeneye, that'd be daft. They're consistently attached to a handful of smaller third party exclusive announcements and the like. I agree with the spirit of this post though

Yeah and even that I wouldn't exactly say I'm expecting. Just keeping that as high as my hopes will go.
Yeah, I shouldn't even say I'm EXPECTING that, per se. That's just about where my hype level is at: Maybe we get a port of a monumentally terrible game like Goldeneye.

I'm not expecting anything super major or anything. No Metroid, no Zelda, etc.

100% agree, Not keeping my hopes high on anything major being shown off, If it is then cool. Im saving my hype for the direct in Q1

while having expectations low is always to be advised , idk, there’s been notable stuff at the tga in some shape or form for the last 3-4 years . The thing I would advise more is don’t have expectations set on a specific thing, like folks expecting metroid prime remake one year, or the one year folks were expecting a new smash reveal and it didn’t happen (lol) . It could be anything and even “just” them throwing their support behind a notable third party release .
Amen. I expect them to have a notable presence one way or another, even if it's mostly in ensuring that some third party exclusives for Switch get highlighted at TGA (Mario + Rabbids, Triangle Strategy). It wouldn't surprise me to see a new game announcement but I don't expect it to be a major first-party title - more along the lines of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (no offense, I enjoyed it) than Bayonetta 3 in terms of how much online hype and excitement it generates.

Let me tell a personal anecdote.

A few years ago I was living in a city where I knew precious few people. Some of the people I did know were my cousin, who even then I barely knew because she always lived pretty far away from where I lived, and her husband. They had me over for dinner a few times, but we didn't see each other that often. They knew I loved video games, because I always had.

The husband would chat with me via text every so often. I don't remember how the topic came up but we got onto video games. He waxed nostalgic about playing Goldeneye in his youth (he was older than me but not by that much). I remember telling him something along the lines of "yeah, a lot of N64 games were good at the time but wow they aged like milk." He kept going on about how much he enjoyed it, giving me "nah man those games were awesome! True classics!"

I got a message a little bit later on that day:

"Someone on [local buy/sell advertising website] has an N64 and goldeneye for [too much money] and I'm gonna go get it from him now!"

I feel like, by me bringing up old games, I indirectly sent him on this path. I knew I had messed up. This was my fault.

I got a message about 2 days later:

"hey man, want to buy an N64 and Goldeneye?? I got it for [too much money] but I'll give it to you for [slightly less but still too much money] hahaha"

"Nah man, I think I'm ok!"

"Come on man, you love these old games"

"Yeah, I think I'm OK then!"

"ah, well, whatever"

I don't think I've had a conversation with him since.

My thought too frankly, I mean as scientific tech demo its fascinating but my danger sensors immediately went off at the thought of something like this escaping the lab or going rogue and becoming a mechanical plague.
The possibilities are terrifying.
What's sad is "self-replicating nanobot plague" even sounds like a fantastical hoax, meaning... once again... half the world will assume it's all * deep breath * FAEK NEUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Back
Top Bottom