• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely asking, how many horror games out there actually show the protagonist being afraid of the situation they are in? Of the few I played (which is really just Dead Space and Resident Evil 4...I don't do well with the horror genre in general) or watched gameplay snippets about...the protagonists are usually pretty non-fussed about their situation all things considered. It's like only the actual player is allowed to express any sort of fear about what is happening in the game. Given this, I declare that Luigi is most definitely the bravest protagonist in all of gaming. There is no doubt that little guy is fighting a heart attack with every step he takes across three games and still manages to overcome adversity every time.

Last edited:
These four games are such an amazing set for me personally that I feel like this has to be false somehow. Like, we can't really be getting remasters of all of these on Switch in the near future, right? Someone's going to jump out of the bushes and tell us it was all a prank?

I'd be thrilled to get just ONE of these. All four would be ridiculously good.
Switch is secretly becoming the backwards compatibility option for PS4/PS5. Or at least so for Squaresoft's PS1/PS2 catalogs.

FF Pixel Remasters will come to consoles next year.
I was thinking about this recently. I'm wondering too if they didn't include the GBA content because they needed the redone boss sprites from the full set for the bonus dungeons, and that'll get patched in for the console release or made available as optional DLC so the purists don't get mad.

I'm really excited to revisit the Danganronpa series with Danganronpa Decadence since it has been a while. The first game had the misfortune of being played during my brief obsession with trophies and my opinion on the game grew sour back then as I went for the platinum, fortunately by the time I got to the second game I got over trophies and had a blast playing that one. Finally when the third game came around my Vita's memory card began showing signs of dying and I lost my interest in playing on the system after losing so many save files to corruption.

Hunk is something I know very little about.

Outrage I'm reasonably confident no longer remains in active development.

Revelations 3/RE Switch... maybe is an external project & that has made info more challenging. As it stands, I side with the project having been canned given the lack of info in recent weeks.
Nobody i've talked to really knows much specific about Hunk beyond it no longer being a thing. They had no idea it existed before the ransomware attack in the first place, and it was projected to launch so far into the future (early 2025) that I can't really see it as much of a loss.

There's a lot more being shared around on RE4make and RE9 than there ever has been about Rev 3 or Outrage; makes following them very difficult, so i'm throwing my hands up there.

Nobody i've talked to really knows much specific about Hunk beyond it no longer being a thing. They had no idea it existed before the ransomware attack in the first place, and it was projected to launch so far into the future (early 2025) that I can't really see it as much of a loss.

There's a lot more being shared around on RE4make and RE9 than there ever has been about Rev 3 or Outrage; makes following them very difficult, so i'm throwing my hands up there.
Yup. RE9 and RE4R info is far easier to come by vs. Outrage or RE Switch -- meaning they either have been canned (I side with this) or are externally developed and info access has extra obstacles.

I thought someone already "claimed" Mother 4 as the title for their fangame reads NintendoLife article aha! I knew I wasn't misremembering.

Genuinely asking, how many horror games out there actually show the protagonist being afraid of the situation they are in? Of the few I played (which is really just Dead Space and Resident Evil 4...I don't do well with the horror genre in general) or watched gameplay snippets about...the protagonists are usually pretty non-fussed about their situation all things considered. It's like only the actual player is allowed to express any sort of fear about what is happening in the game. Given this, I declare that Luigi is most definitely the bravest protagonist in all of gaming. There is no doubt that little guy is fighting a heart attack with every step he takes across three games and still manages to overcome adversity every time.
Wait. Is Resident Evil 4 a horror game? Didn't know that. Thought it was only a shooter. Kii

Anyways, yeah, Luigi the real MVP. Luigi's Mansion is the one true survival horror franchise.

Surely RE4R wouldn't skip the Switch/Switch Dane/Switch 2, right? The original was a Gamecube exclusive at first.

Last edited:
I’ve never heard of Another Eden… which probably means it’s a mobile game, I assume?
Mobile/Pc free to play directed by Chrono Cross director Masato Kato, yup.
There were references to multiple Chrono Cross characters found in the files of the game.

I also like Re Zero

hero
Re-Zero is pretty good. The anime, I haven't played the game, nor do I want to lol

Surely RE4R wouldn't skip the Switch/Switch Dane/Switch 2, right? The original was a Gamecube exclusive originally.
Wouldn't get your hopes up for it; definitely not a native port on the base Switch model at least.

On that note, RE3make Cloud Version is still absent despite being leaked via multiple sources a year ago. Gotta wonder what the hold up is there.

Also isn’t it a little weird they keep making those Game & Watch units when all of those components could go into a Game Boy Classic and sell infinitely better than the Game & Watch units?!?

I have defeated Outrage
Wouldn't get your hopes up for it; definitely not a native port on the base Switch model at least.

On that note, RE3make Cloud Version is still absent despite being leaked via multiple sources a year ago. Gotta wonder what the hold up is there.
Gotta assume it was canned

We're about to have an insane year for Square on Switch.

We have already announced games:
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
  • Chocobo GP
  • Life is Strange Remastered

And the rumored stuff:
  • Chrono Cross remaster
  • Final Fantasy Tactics
  • Tactics Ogre
  • Final Fantasy IX remake (most likely next years AA Switch RPG)
  • Nier Replicant

Other than those, we might get more Feral x Square Europe games. And there's a tiny chance that Dragon Quest III remake could make it to next year, though I'm not hopeful.

Another "tiny chance" for Square changing their mind about Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 for a native port. Better never say never.
Let's not forget DQ X offline. It is Japan only right now (and out in less than 3 months) but hopefully it will make its way to the west. For many people it will be a brand new mainline DQ.
Given the 2.0 followup story is already planned next year in Japan, I wonder if the lack of localization has to do with how big this game will be.

I thought Ramanas Park was such a neat concept until I realized you have to spend hours upon hours searching for mysterious shards in the underground, something that is wholly random, as far as I'm aware, to even get one slate to catch 1 of the 13 available legendaries.

Even worse, you need to catch all of them (Which means who knows how many hours of repetition) to experience the distortion world and the level 100 super-boss :/

Literally why.

speaking of rumored games, I wonder what's the status of that rumored Donkey Kong game. Is it still a thing? could we expect to see something next year? Is one of my favorite series, I would be exstatic to play a brand new game.

Good lord yall. I can't remember the last time I got to the near-end of a game and just deliberately kept looking around for things to do. DQXI is apparently really good because I'm over 110 hours in and I could probably kick the final boss' ass now but I don't want this shit to end so I just keep finding recipe books to booster my builds because the crafting has finally gotten so damn satisfying and I wanna be op af.
To think at one point I was considering stopping after Act 2.

The work is done. Nintendo is sitting on finished GB/GBC games for NSO for some reason. The emulator of GB/GBC entered and finished QA months ahead of N64. They must have a reason for the hold.
Hazarding a guess.

Probably got late approval for Pokémon being on service. Would feel weird to have those consoles and no Pokémon

Or more logically thinking. An expansion pass was something Nintendo wanted now and GB wasn’t enticing enough. Will probably add GB to expansion pass now to add value.

Hazarding a guess.

Probably got approval for Pokémon being on service

Or more logically thinking. An expansion pass was something Nintendo wanted now and GB wasn’t enticing enough. Will probably add GB to expansion pass now to add value.
Could be both or they have intent to bring GB/N64 features via the Transfer Pack and are waiting to bring GB to NSO with a game that supports the feature -- like Pokemon Stadium. Launch GB/GBC with the Pokemon games and have Stadium hit N64 NSO at the same time with Transfer features. Would be pretty big announcement.

Good lord yall. I can't remember the last time I got to the near-end of a game and just deliberately kept looking around for things to do. DQXI is apparently really good because I'm over 110 hours in and I could probably kick the final boss' ass now but I don't want this shit to end so I just keep finding recipe books to booster my builds because the crafting has finally gotten so damn satisfying and I wanna be op af.
Yeah, DQ11 is an amazing experience from start to finish, imo. It makes me want to go back and play some of the older DQ games like 8 and 9 one day.

Honestly this is making me half want to go back to it and do Act 3, since I previously just got bored a bit of the way through it

I've believed in GB NSO's launch timing revolving around Pokemon Stadium's launch for the N64 app since the Expansion Pack was first revealed. Might be too obvious, but that's how I expect it to play out.

There's the basis for Transfer Pak emulation in the N64 app already (as in, the controller can be set to have a Transfer Pak "attached" instead of the Rumble Pak or Controller Pak) but it doesn't seem like the full functionality (being able to read an "inserted" Game Boy cart and its save data) is implemented in the launch iteration of the app.

The work is done. Nintendo is sitting on finished GB/GBC games for NSO for some reason. The emulator of GB/GBC entered and finished QA months ahead of N64. They must have a reason for the hold.
Saving it for Expansion Pak 2 which is $150 AUD a year no doubt.

FF Pixel Remasters will come to consoles next year.
Wahey. I assumed as much, but good to know. Hopefully Square listen to my psyche and produce a ridiculous physical release with a vinyl soundtrack, black mage hat, statue of Terra Branford, and an art book.
Yeah, the N64 stuff seems rushed to me and as Mondo points out, transfer pak compatibility is there in the emulator though not finished. Presumably Nintendo felt N64 would be a bigger motivation for people to upgrade over to the expansion pack and so pushed to launch that first.

Can’t wait for GB games and Pokemon Stadium to come to NSO so I can play an emulator within an emulator.

Like I’ve ever used NSO outside of the free trials

The cross-over update for Dead Cells is here! Time to return to this wonderful game.
Well, loading times between zones are rather unacceptable now. Took well over a minute and a half to load from the starting area to the second one.

Hopefully they can optimise this to some extent. Loading times were not that atrocious on previous versions of the game from my recollection.

Self replicating microscopic robots has always ended well in fiction, what a great idea.
My thought too frankly, I mean as scientific tech demo its fascinating but my danger sensors immediately went off at the thought of something like this escaping the lab or going rogue and becoming a mechanical plague.
The possibilities are terrifying.

Sorry to bring back RE:Switch around the table but according to biohazardcast they have a "semi-reliable" source, who was right about mostly everything regarding Village, who said that Re:Switch was in playtest last year.

Imagining that the project has debuted in 2017 and was playtested in 2020, isn't it weird to cancel the game this late ?

Additionally, according to DuskGolem the game would be developed by the devs behing the other revelation games whose are known for their secrecy.

I don't know where this is leading us but I think we will know very soon what is going on with this game.

Last edited:
When Nintendo acquire TOSE to keep for themselves the rest of the Japanese video game industry will fall apart.

They're the backbone that keeps everything together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom