• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing like your Gamestop order arriving only to discover your "new" copy of Xenoblade 3 is not in shrinkwrap and they slapped the retail sticker directly onto the case 😱 I feel like I shouldn't complain because I got the game for $30 via that BOGO deal last week but I'm still going to curse them under my breath. Never change Gamestop.

This was my first console ever, good times: I still remember my parents hating it because of the batteries
My parents or grandparents were real quick to get us one of the battery packs that had a clip on it :D

Also, it's the GB anniversary!

This was my first console ever, good times: I still remember my parents hating it because of the batteries

First time I heard about the GB I asked my friend (who had actually held one) what it was, and he described it as a "Nintendo with its own screen" so in my head I pictured it like a CRT screen embedded into an actual NES case (instead of, you know, something more reasonable like a Tiger Electronics handheld which were very common back then) and I remember thinking "that seems like it'd be too bulky to lug around..."

Nothing like your Gamestop order arriving only to discover your "new" copy of Xenoblade 3 is not in shrinkwrap and they slapped the retail sticker directly onto the case 😱 I feel like I shouldn't complain because I got the game for $30 via that BOGO deal last week but I'm still going to curse them under my breath. Never change Gamestop.

My parents or grandparents were real quick to get us one of the battery packs that had a clip on it :D
A yes, this bad boy. My parents also gave me this one later once they knew they wouldn't need to buy anymore batteries

ZZxPvH5.jpg

A yes, this bad boy. My parents also gave me this one later once they knew they wouldn't need to buy anymore batteries

ZZxPvH5.jpg
That's the one! We abused ours and the jack for it so much that the connection got pretty dicey at times.

With all the horror stories about swollen batteries I legit wish it was still possible to just toss 4 AA batteries in things.

First time I heard about the GB I asked my friend (who had actually held one) what it was, and he described it as a "Nintendo with its own screen" so in my head I pictured it like a CRT screen embedded into an actual NES case (instead of, you know, something more reasonable like a Tiger Electronics handheld which were very common back then) and I remember thinking "that seems like it'd be too bulky to lug around..."

I remember as a kid being a little confused about the design of the SNES with the top loading slot in the pictures of the SFC. It looked so foreign to me and I remmeber this blurry early picture of Super Mario World and I thought that maybe the top loading slot was a display or something. I was kinda dumb and clueless then.

We had more choices to carry them

1. You could go for the "cool kid" with real pants with REAL pockets and put your gameboy with your walkman in there

1Kb2eyQ.jpg

2. You could go for the profesional "the wizard" kid with your gameboy briefcase

oA0l7qe.jpg

Either way, YOU WERE PLAYING WITH POWER, PORTABLE POWER

But have you tried to swallow an alive doctor?
No but I assume they taste better fresh than dead

Tears of the kingdom comes out on a day I get paid.

Coincidence? I think not!
Well why the hell aren’t you getting paid sooner

And hey happy anniversary to the GameBoy! The first system that I legitimately owned and not just borrowed from a cousin or something. Pokemon Red was a revelation.

But Miyamoto says he’s not a real Doctor

Packaging my game took around 5-8 hours on my old computer.

Took less than 3 minutes on this one. Holy mazoly!

As always when I upload a new version of the demo I will beg and plead into the ether for people to try it and give me feedback

I really love the new artifact system I put in, I need to expand that so there's a ton more variety. But you can now wear a propeller cap on your head, a tortoise shell on your chest and a pair of boxer briefs on your legs while wielding a laser sword in one hand and a wok in the other. While wearing boxing gloves.

But you can now wear a propeller cap on your head, a tortoise shell on your chest and a pair of boxer briefs on your legs while wielding a laser sword in one hand and a wok in the other. While wearing boxing gloves.
Some serious Strong Bad energy there

Looks like Nintendo NY is working on something, any guesses?

Is that where the counter with all the amiibo is? And I think there was maybe a TV or some sort of standing area around there as well? I suspect it could just be a general store space update. If not, it would make a lot of sense to me right now to be prepping for a massive Tears of the Kingdom push, so it could be a Zelda-themed display. Do we know where the statue of Tears of the Kingdom Link with the outstretched hand is currently? I believe it was recently at PAX East, so I could see that getting installed at the store.

Last edited:
it would make a lot of sense to me right now to be prepping for a massive Tears of the Kingdom push, so it's could be a Zelda-themed display. Do we know where the statue of Tears of the Kingdom Link with the outstretched hand is currently? I believe it was recently at PAX East, so I could see that getting installed at the store.
You may be on to something:

Been listening to the full TTYD soundtrack as I work this morning. I really hope this rumored remaster is real.

I've only purchased Prime Remastered so far, but I beat Minish Cap, I'm playing through ALttP right now for the first time, I'm close to halfway through Mario and Luigi, and I'll happily play the Oracle games once they drop. Plus, no denying Fire Emblem: Engage was a major release, and I'm really looking forward to picking up Bayonetta Origins and Advance Wars during a slow Switch season and on sale, so yeah, this is probably the strongest H1 I can remember from Nintendo - especially with TotK looking like an out-and-out masterpiece.

Can't believe someone in the rumor thread said the soundtrack should be completely redone for the remaster by the Post Sticker Star composers and in that jazzy style (as in new songs, not arrangements). X-Naut Fortress clears the entire TOK OST

same. Sealed with a round sticker with the most sticky adhesive residue I’ve ever seen. My Octopath was sealed at least.

I didn’t know this existed because it wasn’t advertised. There were 12 of these showing tons of art assets for various Namco arcade games. Really well done.

For its Japanese release, the Cuphead soundtrack is getting cover art by Yoshitaka Amano.

I've heard around the grapevine that Cuphead is surprisingly popular in Japan. Maybe not huge but I remember someone with more awareness of that stuff told me I was thinking in the wrong direction when after Sans and Cuphead I predicted a Freddy Fazbear Mii outfit, those 2 have some decent Japan audience and FNAF very much lacks it (Undertale more then decent tbh). In 2020 itself I'd say maybe a true third would be Among Us but I feel like that game is purely a meme now and I doubt that spreads overseas. But uh smash ramble aside like yeah I think Cuphead has a decent audience there, interesting to see.

Sad breaking news in Australia. Aussie comedy legend Barry Humphries has passed away at the age of 89.

RIP Barry, Dame Edna and Sir Les Patterson.

Crazy thought but I was thinking about that Sony companion device that was rumored and sorta wondering how many sales Nintendo would get if they dropped the Switch Lite to $100. My reasoning is that the Lite is a lot easier to travel with due to the smaller form factor / weight, and with NSO Cloud Saves it becomes a nice companion device for OG or OLED owners. And at $100 that gets it closer to "why not" territory.

Actually now that I think more about it, I could easily see when the next system gets unveiled Nintendo cuts production of the OG and OLED models, drops the price on the Lite and lets that ride out for a couple more years as the budget/entry-level option and just lets it passively pull in cash via eShop and a Nintendo Selects line (or whatever evergreens retail is trying to clear out).

Speaking of which... it's totally whack we don't have a Nintendo Selects line for Switch after 6 full years.

same. Sealed with a round sticker with the most sticky adhesive residue I’ve ever seen. My Octopath was sealed at least.
I don't know if it's standard practice for them to ship out items that were clearly in stores at one point or if this sale was an overstock caused by closing some stores recently (which is what it feels like to me).

Looks like Nintendo NY is working on something, any guesses?

Guess it tracks that the store is doing something, when I was there last week it felt...barren.

I haven't been in like 6 or 7 years, but they had very little variety in terms of apparel and plush toys. They're Pokemon section was still so Sword and Shield focused you'd think Scarlet and Violet weren't officially announced, the only Pokemon plush they had (that wasn't Pikachu in some cultish white and red robe) was just three shelves of Empoleon, the Zelda shirts were either the OoT logo or a mural from Windwaker, a handful of Metroid shirts (none referencing Dread), and even Splatoon had less merch than Animal Crossing

Good morning Fami! I'm recovering from an exhausting week, but it's nice to have a weekend. And some nice chill, snowy vibes are out this morning. Hope everyone is playing something good! I might start Paranormasight this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom