• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is 420 slang for weed, anyway

Am I in the minority here or does it actually look bad?
I think it looks fine?

I would kill to have a full priced game instead of the gacha system
I kinda wish there was an option to make a one-time purchase, too. Or at least have characters be directly purchasable instead of having to go through lootbox bullcrap. Seriously I await the day that kind of shit is regulated.

I'm playing Genshin Impact with my girlfriend to fill the void in my heart before the release of TotK and it sure is a nice game. I would kill to have a full priced game instead of the gacha system we have here but it doesn't seem too restrictive for F2P players for the moment.
My understanding is that you can beat the majority of the game content as f2p. But yeah, the game is so beautiful.

You definitely can. You can spend money to gamble for specific characters, but you can play through the main story without them.

Not sure about the character-specific story content though.

In such cases the question "Is it actually fun playing through the content with the F2P characters?" is somehow more important. ;D

Hey, anyone else think this year’s slate has been strong as far as first halves go?

Been having 1-2 releases pretty much every month.
Hmmmmm, yeah:

• Lunistice, Dorfromantik, A Space for the Unbound and Chained Echoes as indie pick ups (though not all of these released this year)
  • Fire Emblem Engage, Metroid Prime Remastered, Advance Wars, and Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom from Nintendo
  • Octopath Traveler 2 and Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters from Square Enix (who knows when I'll play any of these, though)

Plus I've completed a few GB games and Minish Cap from the GBA selection, and I bought the Xenoblade 3 expansion pass last year so I've got Wave 3 plus Future Renewed still to play. Also sank more time into Kart thanks to the latest DLC there.

"Is it actually fun playing through the content with the F2P characters?"
For main story, yes. For endgame/postgame content with high-level enemies and stuff, hell no.

Also most people I know roll for characters because they like the design/personality/VA.

It's not awful, but it looks like a Flash version of the new Mickey Mouse cartoons and it's a bit off-putting to me

I have ADHD and autism.

That's something you don't want to have when you have both of those.

Dunno what i have, went to a doc back in college after i almost fell asleep while driving after drinking two energy drinks during the middle of the day and after a good nights rest before.

Doc said i have a certain condition that makes all these substances work the opposite for me, so for example caffeine makes me extremely tired.
It's also apparently something inheritable, 'cause as it turned out my mother has it and all of my three kids have it, too.

My SO is basically THE target audience for Disney Illusion Island, but I haven't shown it to her because it looks so bad to me. Drab and sparse levels, with characters that look too small.

Yeah, the backgrounds aren't sufficiently detailed for the camera they went with. It's no Rayman Origins/Legends, that's for sure.

Been listening to the full TTYD soundtrack as I work this morning. I really hope this rumored remaster is real.

Hey, anyone else think this year’s slate has been strong as far as first halves go?

Been having 1-2 releases pretty much every month.
I've only purchased Prime Remastered so far, but I beat Minish Cap, I'm playing through ALttP right now for the first time, I'm close to halfway through Mario and Luigi, and I'll happily play the Oracle games once they drop. Plus, no denying Fire Emblem: Engage was a major release, and I'm really looking forward to picking up Bayonetta Origins and Advance Wars during a slow Switch season and on sale, so yeah, this is probably the strongest H1 I can remember from Nintendo - especially with TotK looking like an out-and-out masterpiece.

My SO is basically THE target audience for Disney Illusion Island, but I haven't shown it to her because it looks so bad to me. Drab and sparse levels, with characters that look too small.

I'm actually mildly excited for it. I've always been a fan of the classic Disney characters though.

You ever see a meme that's so red hot that it could probably burn a hole through the sun?
7BjGIAQ.gif

We have had one of our coldest Aprils on record and it’s been super gloomy and rainy. Only one day that I would say was sunny here. Does make you tired for sure.
Meanwhile we'll be in the high 80s this week and touching the 90s a couple days next week. In April.

Can't wait for summer!! 🫠🫠🫠
that last bit was sarcasm

Yep. This.

Can't remember the last time I felt like I was fully 'refreshed and awake.'

Must be nice to go to sleep and actually recharge :(
Do you exercise regularly?

Although if you have kids then it doesn't matter what you do hah

Must be nice to have free time at 4:20 pm
I never got weed culture.

But then again, the 2000s for me were weird in general, where it seemed to be really ubiquitous. I remember hearing "It's not a drug, it's a plant" during my younger and arguably more formative days. Honestly, though, the 2000s in general were a weird decade.

Nope, but I have a relatively active job and walk the dogs most days. Even when I do exercise it doesn't change much.
It may be that you're practicing poor sleep hygiene, whether you realize it or not.

How often do you take sleeping pills?

Super annoyed about Advance Wars Reboot Camp not being playable today because, today, it is precisely the game I want to play.

Stupid linear time

Do you know if you snore?
...probably tbh. But I'm rarely in a situation for someone to tell me. I know that I can barely ever breath out my nose, no matter if I have a cold or not.

Know any good sleep apps or something?

It may be that you're practicing poor sleep hygiene, whether you realize it or not.

How often do you take sleeping pills?
Never taken sleeping pills, but I probably don't sleep very well lol

Square wants you to forget this existed.

Life Square Enix is Strange

Sat here ignoring Chained Echoes like it's an ex in a nightclub all because Advance Wars Reboot Camp isn't out yet

...probably tbh. But I'm rarely in a situation for someone to tell me. I know that I can barely ever breath out my nose, no matter if I have a cold or not.

Know any good sleep apps or something?
You can record yourself with your phone, you either find out that you snore or that you live in Luigi's Mansion. If you own an Apple Watch IIRC it can give you some pointers on that.

I used to be a bad sleeper until I realized I snore. I dropped a few pounds and I'm doing much better, but more extreme cases might require a CPAP mask.

Never taken sleeping pills, but I probably don't sleep very well lol
If you take too many like I recently did, it can ruin your sleep quality.

However, in your case, you might need sleeping pills (just one, such as MidNite Melatonin, every now and then).

One thing to realize is this: you're on a gaming forum. You play lots of video games. So you may be getting too much blue light, which you can deal with by using screen protectors for your laptop, like I do, and, I believe, your Steam Deck as well (which admittedly I don't do).

Otherwise, this article came out 8 hours ago from now (I searched "sleep hygiene" on Google News); try it out:

These two articles might be of use to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom