• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST18 March 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused by this trailer. The royals from the main game are evil now? And the Four Hounds are back, but with partially different cloth/armor colors and different names?

I’m gonna finish engage in time for the expansion?

Neat-o

Also I should’ve predicted the DLC! I had a feeling it would be out April 😞

I was guessing Fire Emblem Wave 4 DLC was in June for a good while. Really curious what’s the first DLC after Zelda is. We still have Xenoblade, Mario Kart, Splatoon, and Rabbids with DLC to come. Guessing Rabbids in June, Mario Kart in July, Xenoblade for August, and Splatoon for September.

Fire Emblem Engage getting all DLC out in less then 3 months is pretty cool.

Kept the game more interesting as someone who’s only just getting to endgame.

But also fascinating to discuss how Nintendo keeps hold of certain titles.

They've indeed turned them into good games again, but they could've been even BETTER than just good. The untapped potential is an infuriating sight in each of the titles.
To each their own. Map selection aside I'm very satisfied.

I think it's a little better having the content out quickly like this, but I also still have zero interest in the Expansion Pass for FE Engage. Bored stiff by the story and the structure of the narrative in Engage and I see very little appeal in an alternate reality DLC for this particular game; not least when there are so many other options on Switch.

Still, it's cool for people who were really engaged with the game and it's vindication of something Emily suggested ages ago, so that's neat.

It only regens if its the same colour as the small piranha plants, which then fill 10 hp/turn. It has a egg shell helmet on which means it resists jump style attacks, so focus on using Hammer/Fire/Lightning bros attacks. Only use Fire/Lightning when the colour doesn't match (i.e. don't hit the red version with Fire) because it will heal.
Thanks. I've been doing all of that, but I guess what I'm struggling with is knowing when to focus on the babies versus the mom. Is it only worth killing baby piranhas when they're the same color as mom, since that's when she can heal? I figured out the fire and lightning attacks, but I don't have any bros attacks for those yet.

It just feels pretty tough considering Mom Piranha is able to heal almost every turn, even if I kill her babies, because they just respawn at the start of the next turn and she heals anyway. Is there a way I can control which color they become?

I hope that new Lego racing game runs well on Switch. I played a ton of the OG Lego Racers on N64.
It's Visual concepts. Their NBA games look good and run good on Switch. I trust them.

What I don't trust is 2K. Zelnick loves microtransactions so much, only a few 2K games don't feature them nowadays.

I'm just going to be stubborn and wait for the Engage DLC to come to the Expansion Pack, which I am 99% sure will never happen.

Last edited:
I'm patiently waiting for a FF Remastered Switch release date and an announcement of DQX Offline for the West. Square Enix, get to it!

Oh hell yeah!

I think the thing I like most about this is that it’s not trying to be something it isn’t. It’s not a gritty reboot, it’s not trying to be overly dramatic. It feels, from what I can tell here, like it is confidently being 100% unapologetically Power Rangers. I love that

I hope that new Lego racing game runs well on Switch. I played a ton of the OG Lego Racers on N64.
I played it on a shitty Windows 95 PC. It has to run bad, otherwise it doesn‘t feel like a Lego Racers game to me.

I’m listening to some music while working and the Smash 4 theme came up, and I think I have a lot of fondness for that game still. It’s quite possibly the Smash I’ve put the longest amount of playtime into. And that theme is just so optimistic and sporty, it might be my favorite of the game themes.

I’m listening to some music while working and the Smash 4 theme came up, and I think I have a lot of fondness for that game still. It’s quite possibly the Smash I’ve put the longest amount of playtime into. And that theme is just so optimistic and sporty, it might be my favorite of the game themes.
It is a great Smash and the foundation for an even better game. It's a shame it is doomed to be a footnote in history because I played a ton of the 3DS version.

I’m trying to figure out which jrpg I’m focusing on FFVIII or Ryza. And trying to resist starting Nier Replicant

Crushers_-_Made_with_Clipchamp_1.gif
I'm beginning to understand why some game developers take pleasure in torturing the player

My game platform priority:

1.) is it on Switch? If yes, get it there.
2.) not on Switch, but does it run on Steam Deck? If yes, get it there.
3.) Runs on Steam Deck, but has ray tracing on console? Get it on Xbox.
4.) Exclusive to PS5? Get it there.

Pretty much the same here. I bought an LG C1 last year to play Switch on it lmao

Close to mine.

1.) Is it on Switch? If yes, get it there.
2.) Not on Switch, but is it on Steam/PC? If yes, get it there.
3.) Not on Switch or PC, but it's on PS4/Xbox One? Then get it on either of those, whichever runs it better.
4.) Current gen (PS5/Xbox Series) exclusive? Put it on the "to buy on current gen consoles once I feel there's enough current gen exclusive content to justify getting a current gen console" list.

I bought Warioware Gold and Pokémon Gen 2 VC games. Probably the only thing I really want.

Maybe bowser’s inside story as well. But I might just get it physical

I found the backpack I used in kindergarten. I want to buy another one for my little cousin but I can’t seem to find it anywhere online, weird.
Look at this chonker

I think getting films or series may be a blessing for certain series that havent been too popular with the public like star fox. With something quality it could do wonders for the ip.

Hell Sonic is much much stronger in other media than its games where Frontiers is basically selling as much as Metroid Dread (idk if thats huge praise for Metroid or terrible for sonic)

I just really wish Nintendo releases all their soundtracks somewhere online like AppleMusic & Spotify. Or even on NSO as a perk..
ATLUS has been doing an amazing job in that term, that Persona 3/4/5 soundtracks are available on AM/Spotify.
Buying & storing CDs in 2023 just to rip it to files is depressing. I just don't understand why Nintendo isn't doing anything.

Tomorrow Imma see John Wick 4 and I'm so looking forward to it. Love that series!

Ugh my nerves are a mess today for some reason. Which sucks as I was going to work on RG God. Got the feet done but well it was time for a lunch break anyways. Sigh if I’m not feeling better after that I may just sink into a game this afternoon. Least I actually have a hobby space now so I can work on whatever project I want at my own pace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom