• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST16 Jan 2023| Team Famuary Stays Winning

What are you looking forward to doing in 2023?

• Playing video games

Votes: 82 65.6%
  • Talking about video games

Votes: 43 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
if I never successfully played Goldeneye as a kid, is there any hope for me? or should I run my fingers through the pasta maker now and get it over with?

Last edited:
I can feel it, Direct in the air tonight, oh lord
And I've been waiting for this moment, for all this year, oh lord
Can you feel it, Direct in the air tonight, oh lord, oh lord

I actually watched a vtuber (Elira Pendora) for the first time last night, and I was like, well, this is quite wholesome.
I love wholesome vtubers

if I never successfully played Goldeneye as a kid, is there any hope for me? or should I run my fingers through the past maker now and get it over with?

I think it's best to think of Goldeneye as a puzzle game with shooting rather than a traditional first person shooter. In each, you need to figure out specific objectives with there being more at higher diffulties. The game has a pretty generous auto-aim so you don't really need to aim well ton of the time. At higher skll levels, playing Goldeneye is all about knowing where the objectives are, knowing where the enemies are, and speeding through the level to get better times and unlock cheats.

Totally random, but was 1997/1998 the best two year for one hit wonders? β€œYou Get What You Give” by the New Radicals came on and had me thinking how good this years was:

β€œBittersweet Symphony” β€œTorn” β€œTubthumping” β€œStay the Night” β€œSex and Candy” β€œClosing Time” β€œGhetto Superstar” β€œMmmBop” β€œBarbie Girl” β€œReturn of the Mack”

I could keep going too. Don’t really get one hit wonders anymore (or at least I don’t know because I’m not paying attention to pop music) since radio is basically controlled by 3 companies and the labels are heavily involved in spin rate.

I think it's best to think of Goldeneye as a puzzle game with shooting rather than a traditional first person shooter. In each, you need to figure out specific objectives with there being more at higher diffulties. The game has a pretty generous auto-aim so you don't really need to aim well ton of the time. At higher skll levels, playing Goldeneye is all about knowing where the objectives are, knowing where the enemies are, and speeding through the level to get better times and unlock cheats.
Ooooh kinda like how the early Halos were more like first-person exploration/adventure games with FPS-style combat more than they were fully FPS games

That's honestly a great way to put it.

And even though the shooting isn't that great compared to what you get nowadays, the enemy reactions are still impressive to this day IMO.

I have never played a Fire Emblem game and the genre doesn't really interest me... But man this clip almost convinced me to get engage

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

this is all great advice

I think I mean more practically, I cannot move the character or gun in a way that makes sense and I feel like I’m piloting a car wash brush by playing the harp

I don't know if anyone here has any unreal engine knowledge but I am no longer able to open my project. It crashes on startup every time. I think the reason is because I duplicated a material from the engine content (default text render material) to make a new text render material but I left it in the engine content folder, and I didn't realize that I'm not supposed to put stuff there.

But now I have no idea how to remove it or move it since the editor won't open, and deleting stuff from windows usually will corrupt your entire project.

Asked my son if he was done eating lunch, he looked me dead in the eyes and said "I'm done asshole".

I've never been more proud in my entire life.

I have never played a Fire Emblem game and the genre doesn't really interest me... But man this clip almost convinced me to get engage

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

Just FYI, this clip technically contains lategame character spoilers, though they are fairly obvious.

It's amazing how more annoying they made Anna in Fire Emblem Engage. No one else talks more shit while getting their butt stomped in training and in battles.
Speaking of which:

I should play this game...

...is what I would say if I wasn't playing 3 games more-or-less every day.

HOW DO GAMERS DO IT?!?!?!?!

Hey now, every JRPG merchant is a capitalist. Can't be handing out those world saving items and weapons for free.
If I happened to hold an item that could save the world's ass but I couldn't properly wield it myself, you better believe I'd leverage that to be able to afford a home

Anyone bought something from Firstpressgames ?

I really want Chained Echoes, but they dont answer on emails and they havnt enabled DMs on twitter so I'm getting some weird vibes..

Anyone bought something from Firstpressgames ?

I really want Chained Echoes, but they dont answer on emails and they havnt enabled DMs on twitter so I'm getting some weird vibes..
You’ll get your stuff with them. The only issue is you don’t know when you’ll get it. They had huge delays in the past, up to six months. Maybe they sorted that out, but it’s hard to know before they send the Chained Echoes preorders. With that said, iirc they accept PayPal so you don’t risk anything by preordering with them (if you can afford to have 60€ in limbo for like a year)

This is full circle, watching a video of a Famiboards post on Famiboards, lol.
They say time is a flat circle.

time-is-a-flat-circle-gif-6.gif

Update: I still cannot access my project. I've tried deleting all my cache files, uninstalling and reinstalling the editor, all sorts of other nonsense.

Getting a bit worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom