• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST16 Jan 2023| Team Famuary Stays Winning

What are you looking forward to doing in 2023?

• Playing video games

Votes: 82 65.6%
  • Talking about video games

Votes: 43 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a chill day for me hopefully. Need to catch up on some anime and was thinking of either returning to FEWTH or starting Nier Automa. Maybe try hifi rush but doubt I have the feel for it

what the fuck

what is this

:eek:
please refer to my previous post, now unhidden as punishment upon humankind

secret susfact:

I once did a (bad but funny) cover of “When You Were Young” by the Killers using a very fucked up edit of SpongeBob theme song as the intro

and it’s been stuck in my head all morning because of this!

the “this” being Team January getting a SpongeBob tweet instead of a Direct announcement and breaking the whole site this morning!

please refer to my previous post, now unhidden as punishment upon humankind

the “this” being Team January getting a SpongeBob tweet instead of a Direct announcement and breaking the whole site this morning!
Suswave is an angry and jealous God.

Says so right here in the Bible.

What about us ageless abyss dwellers with bad knees?

I can't describe what this makes me feel but I know it's good
ageless abyss dweller with bad bones made worse by COVID here to chime in

also it makes me feel manic and squelchy but in a good way and I always sing along (esp because my melodic line for it is slightly different and I only use like half the lyrics)

the intro makes me feel like I’m getting peeled

Suswave is an angry and jealous God.

Says so right here in the Bible.
oh god that’s not a bible merp, put it down it’s gonna OH NO IT’S EATING MERP SOMEBODY HELP

I’m more of a “Book of the Dead on Sale” entity

Especially when filler is used to label parts of the story that are decidedly not. Still remember the hubbub over MHA’s school festival arc.

Ultimately a show just has to be interesting, really. Regardless if it’s plot advancement, character-based sitcom or worldbuilding.

How anyone can complain about those episodes is beyond me, those were a fun times

And holy crap Steven Universe is turning TEN this year, in my mind it’s still a new cartoon
It boogles my mind that the school festival arc made so many people mad. After the heavy, horrific things that happened in the Overhaul arc the show badly needed something lighter with lower stakes as a pallet cleanser.it had some great character moments for the cast, in particular Jirou and Eri. This arc also introduced my favorite MHA villain, Gentle.

Somebody call Ash Williams.

groovy-ash.gif

Been slammed all morning and missed the Spongebobpocalypse, RIP to January. Oh well, new month incoming with lots of great stuff to look forward to!

Nintendo’s 7AM tweet was about the new Spongebob game which also coincided with the site sort-of crashing briefly and the Direct thread coming to terms with TeamJanuary’s defeat
Oh, I see. Minor correction: Team January never loses. They simply postpone their victory!

So is Multiversus still a thing? I remember people were hyped about that and then discussion about the game just evaporated.
Like every Smash clone, it gets a ton of hype and discussion prior to and just after launch then it fizzles away. Remember Nickelodeon AllStars?

Been slammed all morning and missed the Spongebobpocalypse, RIP to January. Oh well, new month incoming with lots of great stuff to look forward to!
Eh, to hell with January 2023.

This month was not a good month for me, though it seems that I'm rebounding quite fast.

It's only a month though so I'm ready to move on.

spongebocalypse
That single word reminds me of a horrific webcomic on Imgur with Patrick Starr being some eldritch abomination taking on the true form of a starfish that consumes and digests everything.

Good read, though

Multiversus should had been CN focused since the beginning. The game had a PSASBR problem where characters like Arya Stark felt out of place and didn't had a relation to the rest of the roster. Smash avoided this problem because even the gritty characters like Snake, Kazuya, etc. were subjected to goofy stuff in their own games, but that isn't the case for a GoT character lol

I don't know if GAAS was the right approach for Multiversus. Smash games are hugely popular because they offer a lot of content in the base game in addition to DLC. But also it doesn't seem like the game was that great either, which is a shame because platform fighters are fun in their own right.

Got around to playing Call of Juarez Gunslinger. For some ingenious reason the game also inverts the motion controls if you invert the Y-axis aim, which makes it absolutely impossible for me. Onto the next game I guess 😅

Ugh having two preschoolers in the winter means everyone in this house is constantly sick.

I miss having a clear nostril or two.

Goodbye thread!

Thanks again to @chocolate_supra for the OP! Hopefully the next thread brings us a Direct announcement as well as a return of Dardan (really hoping he’s okay).

WAKE THE FUCK UP
It’s funny you said this because I seriously fell asleep lol

my favorite MHA villain, Gentle.
Gentle might be my favorite MHA villain too. People hated him for being a petty criminal and a goofball but he had such a realistic and relatable villain backstory. Plus (manga spoilers here) ISPOILER]His triumphant return in the latest chapter was such a perfect continuation of his character arc.[/ISPOILER])

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I'm glad yall got a kick out of my elaborate shitpost and it's been a blast being the host for this month. Looking forward to what @SammyJ9 brings us in t minus a few!

Edit: t minus negative a few, okay. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom