• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST16 Jan 2023| Team Famuary Stays Winning

What are you looking forward to doing in 2023?

• Playing video games

Votes: 82 65.6%
  • Talking about video games

Votes: 43 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
DP7KTTMUIAM-4wW.jpg

Nothing but the finest hard pour corn
I cannot overstate how nervous this image makes me

pouring out of a glass bottle? which appears to be barely gripped by a slim edge of finger?? into porcelain bowls that are stacked?? and wait, why are they pouring the kernels from a vessel to another tiny bowl?? it’s about to overflow, too??! what the fuck is happening here?!?! AAAAAAAGH

I cannot overstate how nervous this image makes me

pouring out of a glass bottle? which appears to be barely gripped by a slim edge of finger?? into porcelain bowls that are stacked?? and wait, why are they pouring the kernels from a vessel to another tiny bowl?? it’s about to overflow, too??! what the fuck is happening here?!?! AAAAAAAGH
It's the magic of alamy marketing.

a a a a a
a a a a
a a a a

a a
a a a

a a a a a

Someone has to eat the half of a quesadilla that was left on my son's plate, and it sure as hell won't be him.
My kid ate like 1/3 of her grilled cheese at a restaurant a couple weeks ago and I had the rest over the next few days, gourmet grilled cheese is so damn good.

My kid ate like 1/3 of her grilled cheese at a restaurant a couple weeks ago and I had the rest over the next few days, gourmet grilled cheese is so damn good.
You have more restraint than me. I would have just finished it in the restaurant to show my dominance over the melted cheese.

Gourmet grilled cheese is great, though, no lies detected here.

Just thinking about Robin Williams today. I can't even say I've come close to watching his entire filmography or stand up specials but damn, I miss him.

I saw a dude today that looked EXACTLY like robin williams that shit was crazy

You have more restraint than me. I would have just finished it in the restaurant to show my dominance over the melted cheese.

Gourmet grilled cheese is great, though, no lies detected here.
I had to get it boxed to at least pretend she'd have it for her lunch the next day.

Someone has to eat the half of a quesadilla that was left on my son's plate, and it sure as hell won't be him.

I had to get it boxed to at least pretend she'd have it for her lunch the next day.
I usually split something with the wife since I know one of the kids isn’t going to finish something. Much easier this way to have a full meal without going overboard

GOTY 2022 Power Wash Simulator is dropping on Switch in 19 hours and I am so stoked to double dip on this absolute gem again

Since I follow games/sports/news the "For You" twitter is a dumpster fire of fanboys arguing over games instead of playing, Betting sites running amok and the government being the government. So it works as intended? Not a fan of the feature.

If someone is still on the fence about Engage, I'm managing a giveway (download code, EU eShop):
FE Engage

Btw the game is SOOO GOOD, while the plot is SOOOO BLAND
haha

Just saw on Twitter - apparently one of my favorite YouTubers, Schaffrillas, is in critical condition from a car crash yesterday that killed his brother and a friend. Here’s hoping he pulls through…

Just saw on Twitter - apparently one of my favorite YouTubers, Schaffrillas, is in critical condition from a car crash yesterday that killed his brother and a friend. Here’s hoping he pulls through…
Yeah, I saw that too. Crazy, recently I watched a bunch of his videos since YouTube had been recommending to me. He's got great analysis and can be genuinely funny. Really hope he makes it.

Oh wait what?? He's one of my favorites as well, and his brother and a lot of his friends were pretty involved in his channel. Even if he makes it out (and I hope he does) the channel itself is probably done for (which is, yeah, pretty minor in the scope of things since two people's lives were lost, but still sad)

That's pretty awful news to hear on all fronts

You know those relevatory moments in gaming you never forget, like playing Mario 64 for the first time?
I was just thinking about those and realized while I enjoy a wide range of games including from Playstation and Xbox, so many of those magic moments for me are from Nintendo, and I think that ability to create wonder is one of the things I love most about them.

Breath of the Wild was one such experience, and the thought of experiencing something similar soon with TOTK makes me feel like a kid again.

I think Geoff tweeting whenever there's bad E3 news is funny, but it'd funnier if his shows didn't utterly suck (except for the one that finally revealed Elden Ring, that one gets a pass)

Weirdest fanboy rant ever. No reason to worry about a product losing "market leader" status unless you own the freaking company. I'm not even talking about how false that statement is.
wait for it....

holy shit she is the EVP Corporate Affairs and CCO, Activision Blizzard

tyjklasdf i simply cannot
aaaaand πŸ‘† there it is.

holy shit she is the EVP Corporate Affairs and CCO, Activision Blizzard

tyjklasdf i simply cannot
Makes it even weirder. If I were an Activision Blizzard employee I'd pray that MS acquires the company I work for for plethora of reasons, including getting rid off that asshole Kotick. But she doesn't want that to happen because... she's rooting for the rival of the buyer? Does she expects Sony to buy Actvision instead or something?

Makes it even weirder. If I were an Activision Blizzard employee I'd pray that MS acquires the company I work for for plethora of reasons, including getting rid off that asshole Kotick. But she doesn't want that to happen because... she's rooting for the rival of the buyer? Does she expects Sony to buy Actvision instead or something?
? she does want it to happen

It's not clear, She's trying to say "Sony is fine without us" or anything? Because everything she says is a lie, they're not the market leader AND that show won't help them pretty much.
Nonsensical sure, but I don't find it unclear. She's saying: Hey FTC, you opposed the acquisition on these terms. I see these terms to not be true, as proven by recent event.

It's so funny seeing MS and Sony both trying so hard to twist facts to proclaim the other is the best. This whole situation is bizarro world.

It's so funny seeing MS and Sony both trying so hard to twist facts to proclaim the other is the best. This whole situation is bizarro world.
Hi @FTC. Did you see The Last of Us on HBO? It's incredible.

Did you also see Halo on Paramount+? It's shit.

Please make HBO help Microsoft out so I don't have to see Master Chief's Master Cheeks again.

xoxo, gossip girl.

It's not clear, She's trying to say "Sony is fine without us" or anything? Because everything she says is a lie, they're not the market leader AND that show won't help them pretty much.
Nothing unclear about it. She finds the FTC's objections to be baseless given the successes of Sony, i.e. "it doesn't need the FTC to protect it".

Nonsensical sure, but I don't find it unclear. She's saying: Hey FTC, you opposed the acquisition on these terms. I see these terms to not be true, as proven by recent event.
Unclear part is that she's actually trying to beg FTC to drop the case by praising Sony's accomplishments. Why? Lawsuit is hardly about Sony. "They're fine without us" is such an amateurish thing t say.

Unclear part is that she's actually trying to beg FTC to drop the case by praising Sony's accomplishments. Why? Lawsuit is hardly about Sony. "They're fine without us" is such an amateurish thing t say.
That's the part I find nonsensical. Her attempted point is clear but yeah, it holds noooo water lolol

Nothing unclear about it. She finds the FTC's objections to be baseless given the successes of Sony, i.e. "it doesn't need the FTC to protect it".
That's the unclear part. FTC is not protecting Sony at all, Activision games are still on the platform and still selling the best on PS as of 2022 entry of the CoD franchise. There's nothing to give an example of, the "market leader" Playstation she praised is PlayStation with Call of Duty. There's no PS console breaking sales records with zero CoD games. There's no Sony success without Activision to point a finger to. What she's saying is absolutely nonsense.

man y’all implied that there would be both Nick Offerman and gay content in the latest episode of The Last of Us but none of you warned me it was going to carve out my fucking insides

my partner and I have just been bawling on the couch for an hour, thanks a lot jackasses!!!!!!

jk yr not jackasses ily take care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom