• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST16 Jan 2023| Team Famuary Stays Winning

What are you looking forward to doing in 2023?

• Playing video games

Votes: 82 65.6%
  • Talking about video games

Votes: 43 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And at least a decade of reaction videos.
I mean sure but I avoid reaction videos completely, I’m just pulling up my lawn chair and popcorn to the threads as we head into a February of chaos

I mean sure but I avoid reaction videos completely, I’m just pulling up my lawn chair and popcorn to the threads as we head into a February of chaos
I've decided to stop keeping up with the "gaming news" heading into February so I wouldn't know much about that, tbh.

I'm trying to focus on slowly completing:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elden Ring

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

without looking at yet another YouTube video of the "Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of February" or "Most Hype Games of 2023"

Having those videos playing in a separate tab while you do other things eventually gets to you and gives me FOMO or something like it. :cautious:

maybe I should clarify that I’m not talking about video dissections, I’m talking about watching the tears of this kingdom in real time (while I join in as abyssmonger)

I've decided to stop keeping up with the "gaming news" heading into February so I wouldn't know much about that, tbh.

I'm trying to focus on slowly completing:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elden Ring

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

without looking at yet another YouTube video of the "Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of February" or "Most Hype Games of 2023"

Having those videos playing in a separate tab while you do other things eventually gets to you and gives me FOMO or something like it. :cautious:
like by β€œbreakdowns” I just mean the tenuous unreality created between people’s expectations and possibility

not based on any β€œgaming news” or anything, just because now that we’re almost at February, expectations are higher again since Nintendo has held several February directs

I enjoy the wild fever pitch (unless it gets too hostile) and it makes for an interesting ride

I am not informed and I hate watching 99.9% of YouTube videos, so I just mean that though that sounds interesting, it’s not at all what I meant in my post

like by β€œbreakdowns” I just mean the tenuous unreality created between people’s expectations and possibility

not based on any β€œgaming news” or anything, just because now that we’re almost at February, expectations are higher again since Nintendo has held several February directs

I enjoy the wild fever pitch (unless it gets too hostile) and it makes for an interesting ride

I am not informed and I hate watching 99.9% of YouTube videos, so I just mean that though that sounds interesting, it’s not at all what I meant in my post
Oh! Right. I see.

I've watched YouTube videos every day, but I'm a bit sick of it now; checking the my subscriptions and going through them gets rather tedious after a while. It was fun for, like, the first week, but frankly, a YouTube video is only good every now and then (when there's actually something to say).

I think it's why I'm slowly starting to prefer TikTok now, but that has more to do with the community itself there than the short videos.

Oh! Right. I see.

I've watched YouTube videos every day, but I'm a bit sick of it now; checking the my subscriptions and going through them gets rather tedious after a while. It was fun for, like, the first week, but frankly, a YouTube video is only good every now and then (when there's actually something to say).

I think it's why I'm slowly starting to prefer TikTok now, but that has more to do with the community itself there than the short videos.
pivot to video on the whole has made me wanna ralph. can’t do it. so tired.

the only place where the pace is synced enough with my capabilities and intents is literally right here, this forum

It's a bootleg but apparently a high quality one and I'm so fucking tempted but I'm posting this here in case anyone else wants to get it for themselves

Now that's what I call music a hot take!
now that’s what I call gross!

…sorry for going ham against yr popcorn @Skittzo, I’m glad there’s a wildly strange flavor you like

I hate ranch dressing

and I also feel like garbage right now so I think any flavor of popcorn you mentioned would have nauseated me

now that’s what I call gross!

…sorry for going ham against yr popcorn @Skittzo, I’m glad there’s a wildly strange flavor you like

I hate ranch dressing

and I also feel like garbage right now so I think any flavor of popcorn you mentioned would have nauseated me
Ranch seasoning is not the same thing as ranch dressing. I'm talking about the same stuff that goes on cool ranch Doritos.

I apologize if that makes you nauseous but it makes me the opposite of nauseous. It makes me want to go to there

It's a bootleg but apparently a high quality one and I'm so fucking tempted but I'm posting this here in case anyone else wants to get it for themselves

awwwwww yeaaaaaah

wait, if it’s a bootleg… does that mean they have the ludicrous N64 edits??

I would love to have β€œALL, HWEH, can’t stop us NYOWL” blasting in the most jagged little adjusted loops ever

Ranch seasoning is not the same thing as ranch dressing. I'm talking about the same stuff that goes on cool ranch Doritos.

I appreciate if that makes you nauseous but it makes me the opposite of nauseous. It makes me want to go to there
go to there?

I don’t know why but my brain tried to fill in the blanks and came up with β€œSkittzo’s going to the moon, where cool ranch powder comes from”

I’m delighted that you enjoy things my friend

go to there?

I don’t know why but my brain tried to fill in the blanks and came up with β€œSkittzo’s going to the moon, where cool ranch powder comes from”

I’m delighted that you enjoy things my friend
Don't mind me, I've just been watching a lot of 30 Rock lately

I apologize if that makes you nauseous but it makes me the opposite of nauseous. It makes me want to go to there
...I one hundred and one percent believed you were pouring liquid ranch dressing onto your popcorn. This does make a lot more sense now, carry on πŸ˜…

awwwwww yeaaaaaah

wait, if it’s a bootleg… does that mean they have the ludicrous N64 edits??

I would love to have β€œALL, HWEH, can’t stop us NYOWL” blasting in the most jagged little adjusted loops ever
God honestly that would be ideal πŸ˜‚ Fortunately I've had mostly good luck with bootleg vinyl, Samurai Champloo soundtrack on 3LP and Beyonce's Lemonade I got for my sister years ago before the official release

for anyone unfamiliar with the brilliant and hilarious N64 edits of THPS songs:

people cite this all the time as a β€œlook how bad Nintendo sucks” gotcha but I think it’s this perfect liminal thing

someone had to create a chopped up and edited bit of the song to fit in the memory, and that in and of itself becomes this beautiful creation that immediately outlives its purpose

there’s so much β€œweird magic” in hardware limitations and I do miss that about the era

wow that’s a lotta rocks

...I one hundred and one percent believed you were pouring liquid ranch dressing onto your popcorn. This does make a lot more sense now, carry on πŸ˜…
I'm not an animal, gosh.

514FUTu4PML._AC_SY580_.jpg

If you haven't tried this shit you need to ASAP

One look at the Going Merry and i already lost all hope for this.
It looks like a real masthead so that’s fine. They all have their comic outfits which are all real clothing so that’s fun. As long as they don’t mute the colors on regular people clothing they’ll be fine

Incidentally I've been rereading some early One Piece arcs and I'm still guffawing and ugly crying over them. If the live action series can even capture a tenth of those feels I'd be willing to call it a success. Of course I'm also looking forward to how the CGI Luffy's rubber body haha.

People be like Direct this Direct this while I’m over here like NEW KHORNE BERSERKERS MODELS AFTER 84 YEARS

Started up Sakuna of Rice and Ruin today

2 hours in - Not sure what I was expecting, but the rice growin mechanic is so deep that I'm all lost. Cant say the game tells you how to do it either.. Maybe the game leads me in the right direction soon.

But the game otherwise seems really fun, pretty looking, runs nice. Just hoping they explain it more as time pass by.

My analogue arrived this weekend while I was away and I haven't even had time to open it. I got home, finished Y4, and went to bed. Hoping I can tinker with it and play some Mario Land 2 this week.

I'm not an animal, gosh.

514FUTu4PML._AC_SY580_.jpg

If you haven't tried this shit you need to ASAP

I’ve never even heard of this, but I love cool ranch Doritos so I’m game!

I also saw β€œKernel Season’s” and my brain jumped to β€œColonel”, and now I’m imagining a cute mascot popcorn kernal dressed in a military outfit named Colonel Kernel

I’ve never even heard of this, but I love cool ranch Doritos so I’m game!

I also saw β€œKernel Season’s” and my brain jumped to β€œColonel”, and now I’m imagining a cute mascot popcorn kernal dressed in a military outfit named Colonel Kernel
That's why he has that little hat. I appreciate a good food pun.

Ranch seasoning is the best topping for popcorn change my mind
I used to put ranch seasoning in my mac and cheese so I know what you mean ❀️

Finally give us a look and it’s just the back shot

But without the wildly inhuman proportions is it still even One Piece..?

Started up Sakuna of Rice and Ruin today

2 hours in - Not sure what I was expecting, but the rice growin mechanic is so deep that I'm all lost. Cant say the game tells you how to do it either.. Maybe the game leads me in the right direction soon.

But the game otherwise seems really fun, pretty looking, runs nice. Just hoping they explain it more as time pass by.
Don't be deterred. In the early game the rice stuff sucks but it gets better as the characters in the story would presumably get better after a season or two. I think the biggest bit of trouble I had was keeping the water levels right, which I just used a guide for because I know nothing of farming irl πŸ˜…

But seriously, don't let the rice stuff put you off early on. When it starts to flow it flows, and the game as a whole is so damn good.

Hard to go wrong with popcorn. Salty and buttery, or caramel corn…

But the best might be fresh, from-the-kettle kettle corn. Nothing better when you’re walking around like a small-town trade show or carnival than fresh kettle corn (although fresh hot candied almonds are right there with it)

I like it so far! The first episode felt a little too close to the game where it felt redundant, but it thankfully deviates in a cool way for episode 2. I also really enjoy the end of episode puppet shows. Just know it is on indefinite hiatus due to Covid / production collapse at the moment (two other Aniplex shows also got hit) so the three episodes are all we have for a while.

Saw it. I really dig the episodes, though I can really agree about Ep. 1 more or less being 1:1 to the game. I guess they had to establish the world and premise for newcomers, so that makes sense. Such about the indefinite hiatus though :(

the β€œwhat kind of corn soldiers are you?” recurring joke from the original The Tick lives rent-free in my brain

also I’m p sure that’s what’s going on with the bottle! cheeky bastards

Call it a fool's errand, but I started up a Master Mode game of Breath of the Wild thinking "Maybe I can be done before Tears of the Kingdom!" And I got to say, it's made me fall right back in love with the game. I've also told myself I absolutely do -not- need to find or do everything in the game.

Hard to go wrong with popcorn. Salty and buttery, or caramel corn…

But the best might be fresh, from-the-kettle kettle corn. Nothing better when you’re walking around like a small-town trade show or carnival than fresh kettle corn (although fresh hot candied almonds are right there with it)
My farmers market used to have it made right there. Had to stop years ago for legal reasons sadly

Just thinking about Robin Williams today. I can't even say I've come close to watching his entire filmography or stand up specials but damn, I miss him.

FamiCorn? You mean like a place to discuss corn related subjects? Like a sort of corn… hub?
DP7KTTMUIAM-4wW.jpg

Nothing but the finest hard pour corn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom