• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST16 Jan 2023| Team Famuary Stays Winning

What are you looking forward to doing in 2023?

• Playing video games

Votes: 82 65.6%
  • Talking about video games

Votes: 43 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adele singing the main vocal theme for the game..
10/10
Watch it get nominated for an Oscar and then people complain because Oscars aren't for video games and then Oscar gets on the mic and goes "yall the song is that fuckin good tho"

Dropped off my 2016 Kia Soul for repairs and Enterprise gave me a fucking 2022 Dodge Challenger.
Wait'll some car nerd comes along and tells you the Challenger is just a re-skinned Charger, which itself is a re-skin of an old Daimler-Benz platform that underpinned the E-Class from the 1990s

the insinuation being that your Kia is still the newer, more advanced car 😅

image.png

OH NO THE 89 CURSE GOT DEAD SPACE AS WELL

"The year is 20XX, every game receives an 89 on Metacritic. There are no bad games, but there are no great games. The planet weeps."

It's a 90 now 😇 Probably gonna dip again but gotta say I was not expecting reviews this effusive lol
After starting the last of us part 2, I realize it’s going to be harder to play many horror/horror-adjacent games this Gen. Graphical fidelity is way too realistic and audio tech is so much more immersive. Gonna scare the shit out of myself. I will give this a try on day though as Dead Space 1 was one of the best games of the 360/ps3 era.

So I was so excited for Michelle and Stephanie and Ke and Brendan being nominated for the acting Oscars that I totally didn't consider what it means that Top Gun got nominated for best song.

Because win or lose, the nominees all still perform their songs at the ceremony.

Which means Her Majesty The Eternal Lady Gaga will be blowing the fucking roof off the Dolby Theater.

This might be my most hyped Oscars yet, yall.

So I was so excited for Michelle and Stephanie and Ke and Brendan being nominated for the acting Oscars that I totally didn't consider what it means that Top Gun got nominated for best song.

Because win or lose, the nominees all still perform their songs at the ceremony.

Which means Her Majesty The Eternal Lady Gaga will be blowing the fucking roof off the Dolby Theater.

This might be my most hyped Oscars yet, yall.
They need to bring the soundtrack legend, my hometown boy, Kenny Loggins to do some sort of mashup of danger zone and hold my hand. I know it can be done.

Parenthood has me kinda out of the loop, what are the biggest Nintendo news other than Goldeneye on NSO?

Are there even any other big Nintendo news?

Parenthood has me kinda out of the loop, what are the biggest Nintendo news other than Goldeneye on NSO?

Are there even any other big Nintendo news?
Scrolling through this thread when I woke up, it seems like the closest thing we have to news is that @Suswave thought Silksong was imminent and then decided it was not. Then everyone was sad.

That does look good. These are some Indies I'm interested in next month:

Daily Dadish is interesting. 365 levels with a new one released every day.

How is this the first I'm hearing about a Switch port of Fashion Police Squad?

And it's out next week! Definitely gonna have to pick that up.

So because of fomo since the store will be closing soon I have been getting games from the 3DS eshop that I'd skipped previously, and Mario vs. DK Tipping Stars came with a download code for the WiiU, but I don't have a WiiU, so I'm giving away the code to someone who can actually use it:

A07NVTLA0G2AXTJR

Actually a duet between Gaga and Loggins would kick ass

Xrb0myr.gif
If that mash up does happen the next season will have the joke "Call Loggins and Gaga because you're holding my danger zone"
Well now I'm very excited for the next season of Archer

Obligatory Cherlene cover of Danger Zone with K-Loggs. Hell I think I should just rewatch the whole thing

Scrolling through this thread when I woke up, it seems like the closest thing we have to news is that @Suswave thought Silksong was imminent and then decided it was not. Then everyone was sad.
I’m so sorry for punishing everyone by not reading closely enough!!!!! penance!!!!!!!

• I have (completely divorced from concrete reality) reason to believe Team Cherry “rounded a corner” last week and something changed
  • yesterday the Silksong thread found that “Hollow Knight: Silksong” had been rated on January 15th
  • rating was IARC — which is only happens when an app is submitted to a digital storefront
  • this meshed perfectly with other parts of my chaotic little theory so I RAN WITH IT LIKE A DAMN FOOL
  • a closer read of the application revealed that Team Cherry wasn’t the submitter
  • turns out the app is a SCAM with the same name by a company that makes exclusively scam apps
  • I had assumed the IARC partner digital storefronts didn’t include loose Android APK shops, like a fool
  • so I figured if it was an “app” fakeout, it would have needed to go through the iOS App Store / Google Play (or whatever replaced it) — both of which would have likely rejected it
  • APKs strike again
  • hubris hubris hubris hubris

in summary: I am so sorry

HOWEVER, if anyone spies an official IARC game rating submission for Silksong, then EVERYTHING I SAID IS BACK ON BAYBEEEEEE

The Special edition of Tales of Symphonia remastered is just 3€ more expensive in my local store than the game on the eShop. Easy choice. I know this remaster could've been a lot better, but i've also been wanting to play this game for long years. It's getting close

It's crazy that we don't get Sailor Moon games anymore. Why isn't there a cute turn based RPG set in the Sailor Moon universe?

another thing I got 100% wrong — not that I think anyone was wondering — but Korea joined IARC in 2017 and are no longer outliers that require a separate application

in my hubriswave era

Last call for Game of the Year nominations or favorite Fami thread. A lot of good picks so far.

Game of the Year:
  • AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Elden Ring
  • God of War: Ragnarok
  • Horizon: Forbidden West
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
  • Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet
  • SIGNALIS
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Vampire Survivors
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

The full ballot comes out tonight!

the devil's crush-inspired DEMON'S TILT is getting an alien crush-inspired sequel "XENOTILT":

looks amazing, wouldn't be surprised if it ends up on switch at some point but it looks like just PC has been announced for now

How is this the first I'm hearing about a Switch port of Fashion Police Squad?

And it's out next week! Definitely gonna have to pick that up.
I’m anti anything cop adjacent, even as a gag, but I mean… this seems moderately self-aware and also fun??

dammit

I’m anti anything cop adjacent, even as a gag, but I mean… this seems moderately self-aware and also fun??

dammit
Based on the bit of the PC version I played, it's very self-aware and silly, and also very fun. But I completely understand the anti-cop stance.

I think my favorite part is you can charge a super meter that lets you slap fashion into people.

I was confused why people were hyped for Goldeneye coming out at the end of the month then I looked at the calendar and realized what day it was.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

New music from The Midnight and confirmation of a prequel to Road 96??? Hot DAYUM

That's why I spent $7 on Marvis Pro, which is an incredible app. Scrobbling, smart playlists, a customizable home screen, etc.
What's your Last.FM name? I'll give you a follow.
putting it in hide tags because it's like, my real name and shit

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

First tune on your list. "Daft Punk Is Playing At My House". Hell yeah.
It's not my favorite LCD Soundsystem song (that's Dance Yrself Clean), but it is a banger.

... what the hell is scrobbling
A verb which essentially means syncing the music you listen to to last.fm, which is like Letterboxd for music. Only it's been around for way longer than Letterboxd.

It's not my favorite LCD Soundsystem song (that's Dance Yrself Clean), but it is a banger.

A verb which essentially means syncing the music you listen to to last.fm, which is like Letterboxd for music. Only it's been around for way longer than Letterboxd.
Hey, I'm always down to learn new verbs! That makes sense, just not something I've ever messed with or thought to play with before.

the devil's crush-inspired DEMON'S TILT is getting an alien crush-inspired sequel "XENOTILT":

looks amazing, wouldn't be surprised if it ends up on switch at some point but it looks like just PC has been announced for now

Yes please! Need this on switch to use with flip grip like the first game.

I’m partial to All My Friends, but that came out in a period of big transition in life so sort of encapsulates what it was like to have this profound freedom from change but also how you miss what you left behind. Now the song is pure nostalgia because it was heavily in the rotation at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom