• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST16 Jan 2023| Team Famuary Stays Winning

What are you looking forward to doing in 2023?

• Playing video games

Votes: 82 65.6%
  • Talking about video games

Votes: 43 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite interested.

I don't know what vector drafted means. I want simple. Just a font that doesn't suck basically.
Vector lines, as opposed to raster graphics (pixels). So that when you make them bigger they retain their crispness instead of getting pixely.

You must be fun at parties.
I am, actually! You know how chaotically and rapid-fire I tend to shitpost here? Imagine that, but out loud. And with gestures.

Granted whether or not that's fun depends entirely on the crowd so like 😅

"Adults" are social constructs and the entire adulting culture is a ploy to make us all more productive and more miserable.

Free your mind. Be silly. Do things that make you happy, spend time with people you appreciate, and disregard any societal convention that makes you sad.
I would, but I kinda got bills and a job to worry about lol

The fact that these two things preclude people from doing what should be basic things like "doing things that make you happy" and "spending time with people you appreciate" says a lot about society under late capitalism.
It's also other things, like friends being so busy with their jobs that I can't see them nearly as often as I used to, or car problems taking away the money I planned to use on a vacation. It's a lot. It wears you down after a while.

I just beat the last boss in Hades in 28 runs! Faster arrow shot, Demeter chill for normal attack, extra distant shot, ares special, Zeus cast, Aphrodite dash, and Artemis’ aid were my my main boons. Think my attack was level 3 or 4 and Ares doom as level 2. The charm makes you invincible for 1 second after getting damage helped against the stupid laser beam.

I don’t know if I should do another run to get more story or start Persona 4 since gamepass ends in a month for me.

It's also other things, like friends being so busy with their jobs that I can't see them nearly as often as I used to, or car problems taking away the money I planned to use on a vacation. It's a lot. It wears you down after a while.
It's rough (and also late-stage capitalism to an extent, but I think you get the point). Sorry to hear it, friend!

You can do both.

It's free, and the police can't stop you.
FIGHT THE SYSTEM!!!

That sounds like a lot of fun actually. Can someone throw a party and invite @chocolate_supra and I?
One day we'll have an IRL Fami Party.

...or like, a Discord call or something, I dunno.

How do I learn how to draw?
71ozudrvGmL._SY679_.jpg

Happy birthday MP4, may your announcement video get to 4 million before the first trailer gets posted.

(Its at 3,9 million right now)

Can't wait for @Suswave to conscript us all to sing the Latin chorus of Grögol Bonanza's final boss fight theme via Discord microphone's of varying quality
DON’T GIVE ME ANY IDEAS

wait no GIVE ME THIS IDEA

uhhhhh shit I guess I better write something and get y’all to record gang vocals

Time to put my 3 years of high school Latin to good use!
there’s no Latin in Grögol Bonanza canon

jk there probably is, but the music will reflect that no alive humans are present in the world of Grögol Bonanza

what weirdly specific phrasing…

however, “AAAAHs” have a lot of ambiguity, especially with some audio shenanigans, and I will DEFINITELY be collecting your howls (if y’all are into this idea)

I'm quite interested.

I don't know what vector drafted means. I want simple. Just a font that doesn't suck basically.
wow, I’m a mad genius, I did not paste the link in

it used to be a normal, free, full-feature situation, but alas

however I did get all my Grögol fonts out of it

there’s no Latin in Grögol Bonanza canon

jk there probably is, but the music will reflect that no alive humans are present in the world of Grögol Bonanza

what weirdly specific phrasing…

however, “AAAAHs” have a lot of ambiguity, especially with some audio shenanigans, and I will DEFINITELY be collecting your howls (if y’all are into this idea)
Oh good, now I don't have to suddenly reveal that I remember very little of my three years of high school Latin and thus embarass myself trying to pronounce even basic phrases.

...wait.

...so, uh, for those "AAAAHs," are we talking ominous chants, guttural yells, high-pitched screams, all of the above?

wow, I’m a mad genius, I did not paste the link in

it used to be a normal, free, full-feature situation, but alas

however I did get all my Grögol fonts out of it
Awesome!! Thank you! I'll try that out later tonight!

Oh good, now I don't have to suddenly reveal that I remember very little of my three years of high school Latin and thus embarass myself trying to pronounce even basic phrases.

...wait.

...so, uh, for those "AAAAHs," are we talking ominous chants, guttural yells, high-pitched screams, all of the above?
I’m thinking I’ll write some rough harmony / melody lines for everyone to aah to — with an emphasis on not needing to be perfect

like make a “call and response” track for capturing

and then a few crescendos, a few “scream and wail” spots, and then mix it all up in a big stew

Damn, Microsoft is gonna have a better first party lineup than Sony this year. Feels pretty weird. Bethesda is coming in clutch already.

Damn, Microsoft is gonna have a better first party lineup than Sony this year. Feels pretty weird. Bethesda is coming in clutch already.

Everything hinges on Starfield though. The inevitable review threads for that game are going to be beyond stressful. Anything less than in the 90s on Metacritic and it'll be nasty.

Alright, I really really suck at determining what is a good font so I'll ask you, fami:

JwGqSxR.png

#1 is what I'm using now, #6 is not in serious contention since it's my handwriting and it's awful. I think 2 and 3 are each decent, 3 will need to be updated to have quotation marks of course but that isn't hard. What say ya'll?

@Suswave I appreciate the font help but good lord is my handwriting not suited to a supposedly medieval RPG, no matter how goofy it may be.
if you find a semiclose font and like… use it as a reference point and heavily adjust to where you’re aiming… you can probably get close?

this is probably nonsense advice if you’re not planning to illustrate each letter but like

hmm

Alright, I really really suck at determining what is a good font so I'll ask you, fami:

JwGqSxR.png

#1 is what I'm using now, #6 is not in serious contention since it's my handwriting and it's awful. I think 2 and 3 are each decent, 3 will need to be updated to have quotation marks of course but that isn't hard. What say ya'll?
mmmmmm maybe 3? maybe 1? all-caps is a lot harder to read, so I’d avoid it if possible

I’m also not sure if the outline is helping with readability here

my eyes are also really tired right now so my advice is sloppy at best

mmmmmm maybe 3? maybe 1? all-caps is a lot harder to read, so I’d avoid it if possible

I’m also not sure if the outline is helping with readability here

my eyes are also really tired right now so my advice is sloppy at best
Yeah the outline worked well for the current font but of course that can change if I switch it out. I really have an awful eye for fonts though so I genuinely have no idea what looks good. I can tell what's readable and that's about it.

Can't wait for @Suswave to conscript us all to sing the Latin chorus of Grögol Bonanza's final boss fight theme via Discord microphone's of varying quality
I can't sing for shit so count me the fuck in

I think One Winged Angel is overrated and (especially the orchestral version of) Dancing Mad deserves all the love that OWA gets instead

Does this hot take qualify me for JRPG boss theme bullshit?

JwGqSxR.png

3 is the easiest on my eyes so far, with 1 being next.

before anyone takes any graphic design advice from me tonight, please be aware that I’m not in peak form right now

for example:

f9RnLb3.jpg

this is the “simplified” album-cover-in-progress

which needs about 700% more simplifying and 500% better placement

so grains of salt, I’m in extra messy hermit mode and all over the place tonight

I'm late here but Redfall looks great. Deathloop was a lot of fun too, so definitely one I'm looking forward to

Am I the only one who's super excited about this?

They specifically said NIS focused announcements, so ı at least expect Disgaea 7 localization news and more NIS Classics releases. I want a Guided Fate Paradox and Awakened Fate Ultimatum collection, please!
I'll watch it, but I'm satisfied with the upcoming Labyrinth of Galleria and GrimGrimoire releases. If this weren't NIS focused it would have been great if we got a release date for R-Type Tactics I•II.

JwGqSxR.png

I think #2 would look best because I enjoy a good italicized font for anything vaguely medieval, but yeah it would probably help more if the outline was removed so it was just white font.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom