• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST Oct. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have there been any Canadians who bought the N64 controller from the first batch and have since received the email that it shipped?

If yes, are you also currently subscribed to the NSO Expansion?
Itโ€™s shipped! andโ€ฆ stuck in a sorting facility in Vancouver since Monday according to Parcel

Itโ€™s shipped! andโ€ฆ stuck in a sorting facility in Vancouver since Monday according to Parcel
Have there been any Canadians who bought the N64 controller from the first batch and have since received the email that it shipped?

If yes, are you also currently subscribed to the NSO Expansion?

PARCEL GANG WE OUT HERE

Mine was the same until earlier today, when it was in sort in Toronto.

The N64 and Genesis controllers were delivered today but at work until who knows when and I'm sure the controllers need to be charged too so I probably won't be able to use them until tomorrow but at least I have tomorrow off so I can play a whole bunch of games I beat before. Hopefully I can finish my 100% run on Dread tonight. Just need this last puzzle that is a pain in the ass and can't help but feel would be easier with the d pad.

Alien Isolation is scary as hell. I saw a let's play before where they hid under the table and the alien looked under the table and grabbed them and I'm like nope nope nope.

Mods! Someone is posting age-restricted videos! This is a fucking family friendly forum! Fami is right in the damn name!
Refuse to watch, are they h*lding h*nds? If so, I wish to request account deletion for being subject to such lewdity.

PARCEL GANG WE OUT HERE

Mine was the same until earlier today, when it was in sort in Toronto.
But it's for sure at least somewhere in the cogs of Canada Post's delivery system, yeah? And you're both currently subscribed to the NSO Expansion?

I'm asking earnestly because I haven't yet upgraded my sub, and I really am about to be cheesed if Nintendo is withholding from me just because I don't want to pay extra yet until Paper Mario is added to the system.

IMPORTANT BULLETIN

Pikmin Bloomโ€ฆ is fun!! A much wider range of commitment levels. You can press โ€œgo,โ€ throw your phone into your pocket, go for a walk, and not touch it until you get home. Or you can have it in your hand the whole time, constantly checking on it. Itโ€™s up to you how you want to play it, and I like that!
This sounds suspiciously like you're actually playing a game.

But it's for sure at least somewhere in the cogs of Canada Post's delivery system, yeah? And you're both currently subscribed to the NSO Expansion?

I'm asking earnestly because I haven't yet upgraded my sub, and I really am about to be cheesed if Nintendo is withholding from me just because I don't want to pay extra yet until Paper Mario is added to the system.
Yep, specifically Purolator. Mine specifically says itโ€™s gonna be delivered tomorrow. Itโ€™s currently in Toronto, Iโ€™m a few hours away. And yeah, Iโ€™m on the Expansion Pack. I donโ€™t think it would be worth it to them for their warehouse staff to have to sort shipping priority by subscription status. I think thatโ€™d be done at check out. If you checked out, then I think youโ€™re in the same shipping boat as the rest of us.

This sounds suspiciously like you're actually playing a game.
Donโ€™t rat me out

Mine specifically says itโ€™s gonna be delivered tomorrow. Itโ€™s currently in Toronto, Iโ€™m a few hours away. And yeah, Iโ€™m on the Expansion Pack. I donโ€™t think it would be worth it to them for their warehouse staff to have to sort shipping priority by subscription status. I think thatโ€™d be done at check out. If you checked out, then I think youโ€™re in the same shipping boat as the rest of us.

Nintendo should do a deal with Sony to get PS1 games on NSO. Iโ€™m not kidding.
Hmm, maybe I'm just impatient. It makes sense though they wouldn't sit on inventory based on subscription status at least. I suppose if I still don't hear anything by the second week of November I'll reach out and ask what's going on (and maybe politely uggest it's upped to an expedite mailing for having waited this long).

And I am onboard with this idea if it means the revitalization of Ape Escape after so many moons.

Hmm, maybe I'm just impatient. It makes sense though they wouldn't sit on inventory based on subscription status at least. I suppose if I still don't hear anything by the second week of November I'll reach out and ask what's going on (and maybe politely uggest it's upped to an expedite mailing for having waited this long).

And I am onboard with this idea if it means the revitalization of Ape Escape after so many moons.
Hey, question: did you have a different shipping/billing address?

Refuse to watch, are they h*lding h*nds? If so, I wish to request account deletion for being subject to such lewdity.

I know all the literature says you absolutely do not need the fancy spanchy

but it could be a very personal vendetta against you specifically

I also ordered mine pretty early in the day when they were made available

Hey, question: did you have a different shipping/billing address?
I know all the literature says you absolutely do not need the fancy spanchy

but it could be a very personal vendetta against you specifically

I also ordered mine pretty early in the day when they were made available
Okay, that's actually a relief to hear you did not need the Expansion pass to order the N64 controller. I couldn't find it anywhere so I assumed it was fine seeing as the order processed, but with passing days I just got paranoid lol. I guess that only leaves a personal vendetta because I talked shit about their online prior ๐Ÿ™ƒ In which case if NoA Treehouse devs are lurking this forum; I love y'all but tell NCL to get their online shit together ๐Ÿ˜˜

Just doublechecked, for sure used the same billing/shipping address, and it was early on October 15th within ten minutes of the Direct ending because I think that's when it first sold out.

My N64 controller is so close!!! Only a few cities away. Not expecting it til tomorrow, though.

I was mowing the lawn and for some odd reason remembered that at one point in my life I actually attempted to write a fantasy/scifi novel. I have no idea how I forgot about that. And I have no idea why mowing the lawn reminded me.

Brains are weird.

I was mowing the lawn and for some odd reason remembered that at one point in my life I actually attempted to write a fantasy/scifi novel. I have no idea how I forgot about that. And I have no idea why mowing the lawn reminded me.

Brains are weird.
Mowing the lawn is much like taking a long hot shower late at night. Your brain just goes to WEIRD places. (often in the best ways)

Next month, I return to my high school days when I was heavily addicted to the Gen 4 games. Hundreds of hours in D/P, Platinum and HG/SS while also getting together friends to play during lunch.

Using Action Replays to get all the unobtainable Pokemon XD

Nintendo might have made some decent coin off desperate Metroid fans but tomorrow is where the big money is at

WarlikeAffectionateAntarcticfurseal-size_restricted.gif

oh hell yeah my nixty sixty hit Toronto

Nintendo might have made some decent coin off desperate Metroid fans but tomorrow is where the big money is at

WarlikeAffectionateAntarcticfurseal-size_restricted.gif

Think about how much bank Nintendo is making this week over a new service plan, overpriced wireless retro controllers, and a new freakin Mario Party.

not me making the Parcel app map showing my N64 controller arrival in Toronto dance by zooming in and out as I blast โ€œWhat Planet Is This?!โ€ by the Seatbelts

not me making the Parcel app map showing my N64 controller arrival in Toronto dance by zooming in and out as I blast โ€œWhat Planet Is This?!โ€ by the Seatbelts
GTA or literally Toronto? (I ask because I used to live in Thornhill and shipments have been wildly dif
So much fun in Toronto :coffee:

(Used to live in Simcoe Muskoka and being back in Toronto has been euphoric)

Think about how much bank Nintendo is making this week over a new service plan, overpriced wireless retro controllers, and a new freakin Mario Party.

Mario Party games are always weird. They are usually announced with not a whole of lot of fanfare. It's never the opener or closure of a Direct. The games media treats it at just another game. But by sales alone, Super Mario Party was a blockbuster game, easily outselling the majority of high budget AAA games.

Itโ€™s 8:30am and Amazon AU havenโ€™t even shipped Mario Party yet. Iโ€™m gonna get this mid next week lol.

BUT, my gf bought almond croissants so Iโ€™m eating one with my morning coffee and all is good โ˜•๏ธ

the driving force of Scott Pilgrim may have aged like sweaty milk but you canโ€™t say they didnโ€™t really do some wild stuff with the movie

and also the books are extremely heartfelt if you accept that Scott is an idiot / asshole and all the interesting things are happening to his friends in the background details

Iโ€™m in the sixth book

and one of my professors (in a comics class no less) really believed I could get cast in the role if I just auditioned, visibly non-binary or not, and when Cera got it he went on a tirade about how Iโ€™m the only flesh and blood Scott Pilgrim heโ€™ll accept as canonโ€ฆ to which I replied โ€œdo you really think Iโ€™m that much of a dick?โ€ and he said โ€œwe all have our crosses to bearโ€

which was both hilarious and haunting

so uh that (plus add medication) made me become a better person by brute force

(he also followed it up with a โ€œno Iโ€™m just kidding youโ€™re very kind and considerate, but your presence is hard to ignoreโ€ which is probably better but was also a haunting thing to say)

If so, I wish to request account deletion for being subject to such lewdity.
On it.

Okay, that's actually a relief to hear you did not need the Expansion pass to order the N64 controller. I couldn't find it anywhere so I assumed it was fine seeing as the order processed, but with passing days I just got paranoid lol. I guess that only leaves a personal vendetta because I talked shit about their online prior ๐Ÿ™ƒ In which case if NoA Treehouse devs are lurking this forum; I love y'all but tell NCL to get their online shit together ๐Ÿ˜˜

Just doublechecked, for sure used the same billing/shipping address, and it was early on October 15th within ten minutes of the Direct ending because I think that's when it first sold out.
Oh, if you just wanted an official source for that, here you go:
First question/answer lol

Last edited:
the driving force of Scott Pilgrim may have aged like sweaty milk but you canโ€™t say they didnโ€™t really do some wild stuff with the movie

and also the books are extremely heartfelt if you accept that Scott is an idiot / asshole and all the interesting things are happening to his friends in the background details

Iโ€™m in the sixth book

and one of my professors (in a comics class no less) really believed I could get cast in the role if I just auditioned, visibly non-binary or not, and when Cera got it he went on a tirade about how Iโ€™m the only flesh and blood Scott Pilgrim heโ€™ll accept as canonโ€ฆ to which I replied โ€œdo you really think Iโ€™m that much of a dick?โ€ and he said โ€œwe all have our crosses to bearโ€

which was both hilarious and haunting

so uh that (plus add medication) made me become a better person by brute force

(he also followed it up with a โ€œno Iโ€™m just kidding youโ€™re very kind and considerate, but your presence is hard to ignoreโ€ which is probably better but was also a haunting thing to say)
THAT is an amazing story (and what an interesting professor that sounds like, wow), and now in my headcanon there's a seventh book called "Scott Pilgrim and the Shitpost Abyss."

My dumb relationship history actually had me strongly relating to Scott in my 20s when the comics and movie were new (except for the cheating part, bleh) and years later when I looked back and realized what an inconsiderate asshole he actually was (and that it was kinda the point) I was like "oh no" and I've been working on myself ever since.
But I will say the anxiety and horror of having an equivalent to Envy Adams and Todd Ingram in one's life is some real shit.

Random post but one of my biggest JRPG disappointments in recent memory is Blue Reflection. Stupid silly me saw it and was like "Oh, awesome, a magical girl JRPG!" thinking it was like the sanitised version of Sailor Moon from my memories with the lesbian subtext and text restored and then I saw the screenshots and saw swimsuits and wet shirts and was like RUH ROH I am on a list now this is what I get for forgetting about Gust.

Random post but one of my biggest JRPG disappointments in recent memory is Blue Reflection. Stupid silly me saw it and was like "Oh, awesome, a magical girl JRPG!" thinking it was like the sanitised version of Sailor Moon from my memories with the lesbian subtext and text restored and then I saw the screenshots and saw swimsuits and wet shirts and was like RUH ROH I am on a list now this is what I get for forgetting about Gust.
Who does horniness gotta ruin things, man?

THAT is an amazing story (and what an interesting professor that sounds like, wow), and now in my headcanon there's a seventh book called "Scott Pilgrim and the Shitpost Abyss."

My dumb relationship history actually had me strongly relating to Scott in my 20s when the comics and movie were new (except for the cheating part, bleh) and years later when I looked back and realized what an inconsiderate asshole he actually was (and that it was kinda the point) I was like "oh no" and I've been working on myself ever since.
But I will say the anxiety and horror of having an equivalent to Envy Adams and Todd Ingram in one's life is some real shit.
Scott Pilgrim is infinitely better if youโ€™ve read Lost At Sea.

I feel like if you donโ€™t know that Bryan is capable of that coming-of-age pain and weirdness from a more femme perspective, then Scott Pilgrim is only the 2000s deeply flawed indie white boy power fantasy turned failing upward into personal growth. But with that context, everything happening around him with the more likeable characters becomes a lot more clear.

I drifted off just now and dreamt Nintendo added button mapping to the NSO apps.

Patch the damn apps, NERD.

I feel like if you donโ€™t know that Bryan is capable of that coming-of-age pain and weirdness from a more femme perspective, then Scott Pilgrim is only the 2000s deeply flawed indie white boy power fantasy turned failing upward into personal growth. But with that context, everything happening around him with the more likeable characters becomes a lot more clear.
I just realized I can't remember if I've read Lost At Sea or not. My gut reaction is "no, I have not" but my memory can be quite fuzzy regarding books, graphic novels included. At the very least I know I've read (and quite enjoyed) Seconds.

I suppose if I can't remember anything about it I may as well consider it not read and put it on my "to read" list.

I haven't read his other works but I feel like I need to. I only started to realize Scott was a dick because of reading about Michael Cera's casting where, I think Edgar Wright was saying they had to cast someone sweet and likeable to balance out what a jerk he is in the story and I was like "he's a jerk..?" and only after looking back on a lot of it did I really realize it's seriously a story about the stereotypical "I'm the hero of my own story!" type of reader/fan, actually in his own story.
Unfortunately I am part of the demographic the typical comic or game stories try so hard to pander to, so sometimes the problematic aspects don't register for me without some hard looking. ๐Ÿ˜…

I know that Bryan Lee Oโ€™Malley has really mixed feelings about it being so focused on a white dude being a jerk, since some of it was him wanting to fit in more as a 2000s indie Asian-Canadian 20-something, so if you havenโ€™t read his other books, I definitely recommend them. His range and perspective operates really well outside of the confines of Pilgrimdom.

so this is uh a video game forum, right?

crossposting from the Pikmin Bloom thread; I'm greatly enjoying it
I went on my usual walk and it ended up being in the neighborhood of 15,000 steps

I've planted 1,000 flowers on my college campus, and I have 17 Pikmin

not bad for day 1, but I'm not going to be satisfied until I have an absolute fuckload of Pikmin

the current 300 cap will not be satisfactory

I had to accept a long time ago that one of my favourite genres comes with a lot of bullshit that I have to actively overlook. But some stuff is just too difficult to ignore and I'm not willing to do it for every game.
Yeah, definitely. I was reminded of this again recently when I was talking about Labyrinth of Refrain with someone and they brought up the very hard turns it takes into some weird territory, both horny and otherwise, most of which I had blocked from my memory. Still a fun game, but you have to look past a lot here and there. Although it also goes to some unexpectedly tender and sweet places later in the story, too, which makes it quite the rollercoaster of a game, tonally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom