• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST Oct. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I have two extra Sw/Sh codes (one for each dog). I can't use them because I already got Shiny Zacian and I don't have Sword for Shiny Zama. Does anyone want them?

Edit: Shield code gone, I only have Sword/Shiny Zama left
oooh I’d like that if no one else took it!

i never expected all games to be on the cart anyway. requiring a download is better than what capcom does which is having one game on the cart and the others be one-use download codes. at least this way you can buy used copies or lend the game to someone else.

Do we have any idea when the NSO Expansion will launch or do I just sit here twiddling my thumbs until infinity
If I were you I would try standing between your router and your Switch and scream "NSO EXPANSION" as loud as you can and see if anything changes.

i never expected all games to be on the cart anyway. requiring a download is better than what capcom does which is having one game on the cart and the others be one-use download codes. at least this way you can buy used copies or lend the game to someone else.

Square Enix did it an even worse way. FFX-2 is a redeemable code... for DLC, so it's not playable if you don't have the cart inserted.

Square Enix did it an even worse way. FFX-2 is a redeemable code... for DLC, so it's not playable if you don't have the cart inserted.
lmao, i forgot about that. leave it to SE to take capcom's example and make it even worse.

us in a few hours

Exw5SPI.jpg

it's kind of a neat coincidence that this thread was made on october 1st, lol
I think we’re gonna need a mod to change the title of this thread to ”Nintendo General Discussion |ST Oct. ’21|” for consistency‘s sake hahaha

(I’m not kidding)

What the heck does "Picked" mean in the orders of my account? Does that mean I'm also getting a controller shipped to me shortly?

Vote is in for Montly threads, although it seems that it has won in a landslide. : p

I hope the controller comes back in stock in the future
Honestly I have a good feeling that it should restock by the end of the year.

Hell, if this isn't the darkest timeline we might even see more colours spring up by H2 2022.

That would be hilarious if Nintendo just randomly shipped everyone whatever color they felt like.
Nothing says 90s like trading cards controllers

"I got the '96 Gray Rookie debut!"

My N64 controller shipped too! Expected delivery in 4-9 business days but that's honestly what I was expecting so I'm not too bothered.

I'm so jealous of everyone who managed to nab an N64 controller. When they first went up, the website kept logging me in and out over and over again and I never managed to swipe one before they sold out :(

Please don't drag me to the marketplace and pelt me with rotting vegetables, but: would you be so kind and explain to me why some of you are getting so excited to buy one of the worst controllers that has ever been conceived in the history of poorly designed things.

Do N64 games play like crap on a regular controller? Is it nostalgia? Is it humanity having a soft spot for misshapen things? Do some of you have three hands? Is it a combination of all or some of the above? Do I fail to see beauty where others can?

Help me.

Please don't drag me to the marketplace and pelt me with rotting vegetables, but: would you be so kind and explain to me why some of you are getting so excited to buy one of the worst controllers that has ever been conceived in the history of poorly designed things.

Do N64 games play like crap on a regular controller? Is it nostalgia? Is it humanity having a soft spot for misshapen things? Do some of you have three hands? Is it a combination of all or some of the above? Do I fail to see beauty where others can?

Help me.

giphy.gif

Help me.
The main reason for me is that the N64 controller is extremely unique. Six action-focused face buttons, 4 of which are sorta “camera” buttons (the C buttons), three shoulder buttons (only 2 of which are ever immediately accessible but the third isn’t IMPOSSIBLE to access) a WEIRD stick and an OK D-Pad. A lot of N64 games are designed to play with that controller. Is that controller good? No! But those games were meant to be played with it, by design, so to get the ideal experience you need it.

Though I would be lying if I didn’t say there was an element of nostalgia at play, too. I grew up with that three-pronged nightmare.

The N64 controller might be a monstrosity but Sin & Punishment was designed around it.

I haven't ordered an N64 controller

Help me.
My brother's fiancé said the same thing and I threatened to kick her out of our NSO family plan.

I wasn't kidding either.

Playing through AI: The Somnium Files and how the hell is Ota 24 years old? I thought he was like 15

Also these psynch missions stink. It's like they were designed for people to explore and puzzle solve and then someone came in said "But how we do make it more game like and shit?". So they added the six minute limit gimmick.

Playing through AI: The Somnium Files and how the hell is Ota 24 years old? I thought he was like 15

Also these psynch missions stink. It's like they were designed for people to explore and puzzle solve and then someone came in said "But how we do make it more game like and shit?". So they added the six minute limit gimmick.

I just finished it but to be honest I just ended up using guides for them. Some of the later ones are unbeatable if you don't.

Help me.
As someone who spent five years daily driving a sports car from the 1970s with no a/c, barely any heater, no defroster, manual windows, no power steering, no sound deadening insulation, rock-hard suspension, and an engine that filled the cabin with the slight smell of unburned fuel, and loved it, allow me to say: old, stupid, crappy things are rad as shit.

That's why.

This is why I imported FFX and X-2. The Asian territories got both games on cart.

I just finished it but to be honest I just ended up using guides for them. Some of the later ones are unbeatable if you don't.

I've been watching the later ones on Youtube just to get through them. The early ones I easy enough but later psyncs have solutions like "Pull the knife out of the wall so Ai accidentally tosses it all of the way across to room to cut in half the television". Like how would anyone reasonably think of that? So it really just becomes a game of trial and error.

Confession time: I don’t like a single NES, SNES, N64 game. I’ve never bought a VC game and I played the NSO titles for a combined 5 minutes since they launched.
Wow and I thought I didn't like older games, but I guess I have you beat by like, one title (Super Metroid). I've played and loved Ocarina but that was on 3DS so I'm not sure it counts. I also played a bunch of the N64 mulitplayer titles like Smash, Mario Party, Goldeneye, Mario Tennis, and such back in the day but I was super young so I'm also not sure that counts because young me might have had awful taste.

You ar the bravest souls in the universe, buying the N64 controller without any reviews. I am really exited for the impressions. I want a good new N64 controller and hope it's at least not bad. (^_^)/)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom