• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Suswave I just put 2 + 2 together and realized "Souplover's Pizza" is a reference to "meatlover's pizza"

A meatlover's pizza is a pizza covered in various meats

So a souplover's pizza must be a pizza covered in various soups

I am... bothered
and impressed

Yes. I blame your love for sonic

friendly banter
*pictures a Sonic-shaped PS5*
🤔
CTJPi8h_d.webp

Am I the only one who thinks the PS5 looks fuckin rad..?
I think the PS5 design is, in a word, “confident.” It wants to stand out in your entertainment centre, Sony wants people to notice it.

I’m not necessarily opposed to it, I think that confidence says a lot. But also, I’m not a huge fan of form-over-function design. I feel like the PS5’s design necessitating that cumbersome stand is a huge miss for me. I get that, ideally, you’d set it up once and forget it, but things are hardly ever ideal.

Should we expect any notable new reveals of some sort, in the coming few weeks? I have not kept up with rumors or so lately.
I know we just got a Direct
Buuuut
New reveals? Doubtful, unless you think Metroid Prime Remastered still has a shot for this year.

We do need dates for Goldeneye and Alan Wake Remastered though; the latter especially if it's still coming out this autumn like Remedy said year (Remedy did not specify a timeframe, just news in the coming months since May of this year lol)

I think the PS5 design is, in a word, “confident.” It wants to stand out in your entertainment centre, Sony wants people to notice it.
For similar reasons I prefer the Series X design to the Series S if I ever upgrade from my Xbone I'll probably go with a used Series X, even though I don't need the crazy power, just for the look of that thing. Might be childish but I want my consoles to look cool, not to blend in.

I feel like the PS5’s design necessitating that cumbersome stand is a huge miss for me.
Wait that fucking behemoth requires a stand..?

The goddamn Tower of Isengard needs a stand??

For similar reasons I prefer the Series X design to the Series S if I ever upgrade from my Xbone I'll probably go with a used Series X, even though I don't need the crazy power, just for the look of that thing. Might be childish but I want my consoles to look cool, not to blend in.

Wait that fucking behemoth requires a stand..?

The goddamn Tower of Isengard needs a stand??

Maybe it wouldn't have fallen when the Trees attacked when it had a stand?

I’m not necessarily opposed to it, I think that confidence says a lot. But also, I’m not a huge fan of form-over-function design. I feel like the PS5’s design necessitating that cumbersome stand is a huge miss for me. I get that, ideally, you’d set it up once and forget it, but things are hardly ever ideal.
I don’t think I’d mind the design quite so much if it was significantly smaller. But having a busy, gamer-y design and being huge is a pretty big miss for me. Especially when the thing is less powerful than the Series X, which looks positively compact in comparison. It feels like Sony just got out-engineered, in the same way the original Xbox One felt out-engineered by the smaller, more powerful, cheaper PS4.

I really hope the rumors of a PlayStation revision around next September are true, and that the revision is both smaller and has a simpler design.

New reveals? Doubtful, unless you think Metroid Prime Remastered still has a shot for this year.

We do need dates for Goldeneye and Alan Wake Remastered though; the latter especially if it's still coming out this autumn like Remedy said year (Remedy did not specify a timeframe, just news in the coming months since May of this year lol)
Yeah kinda lost hope for Prime releasing this year. Tho maybe they can reveal it this year, for a release early next year. That would still be nice.
Alan Wake Remaster I already have for PS5, and never been huge on Goldeneye, so those reveals are not huge for me sadly.
But it's ok, there is enough nice games to play for this year (Rabbids alone will be fantastic) just a bit bummed so I'm being greedy for news, haha

Pro: The Last of Us is getting a good TV show

Con: The Last of Us 2 is probably getting a TV show

Killing Joel off (and like THAT) is probably my most hated gaming plot point ever. I get why they did it. It makes narrative sense. But god fucking dammit you don't kill off one of the most beloved video game protagonists like that. Not that sudden, not that brutal, not that early in the game. Hell no.

Killing Joel off (and like THAT) is probably my most hated gaming plot point ever. I get why they did it. It makes narrative sense. But god fucking dammit you don't kill off one of the most beloved video game protagonists like that. Not that sudden, not that brutal, not that early in the game. Hell no.
but like

that's what stories are for? things happening?

The world of The Last of Us is cruel and brutal. Joel was never going to survive, let alone get a happy ending. Not after what he did at the end of the first game.

the 2 TB external HDD I used for my PS4 stopped working and it was old so I bought a new 2TB HDD one week ago and that one stopped working too

🤡
You gotta sit your PS4 down for a good long talk. Why is it bullying your hard drives like that?

Actually I kinda hope TLoU2 gets a TV show so either the story can be improved or I can see how a bigger audience reacts to its story.

But yeah, The Last of Us 2 was actively awful story-wise. And I’m not even a big fan of the first game.

The funny thing is, it doesn't only need a stand when you, well, stand it upright.

It also needs a stand when you put it horizontally, because of the chassis' curvature.
TIL the PS5 can’t even stand by itself

In Mario Movie trailer next week there will be Mario playing a game on the Switch, that game will be a new 3D Mario from EPD Tokyo, a small glimpse of it.

My favourite current-gen design is the Series S, especially if you have it stand vertically with the fan facing towards you. I do also like how the Switch looks next to a TV.

PS5 is certainly bold, which I respect; but not a fan personally. Series X I've never actually seen in the flesh.

I mean, yeah, PS5 looks ugly, "bold", whatever, but never forget the prototype Microsoft built for the announcement of the first Xbox.

HnH1Xg6.jpg
If that was the design they went with, my original XBOX would be hanging on one of my walls somewhere, for sure, instead of being in a box in the basement.

I also absolutely hate Joel dying as early as he did, which is exact why I love TLOU2 so much. Very few games have made me feel that emotional so quickly.

He 100% deserved what was coming to him though. Fantastic character, terrible person.

From the perspective of an outsider who only played the first and discussed the second A LOT, I had no issue with that. It makes sense from every angle I can imagine. My issue was more with the pacing and thematic content. The cycle of violence is hardly groundbreaking material and it feels like they just kept hammering that single point home without having much to say. But, again, I didn't play it, so my perspective is probably worthless.

Apologies if this has been discussed but anyone tried Tunic on Switch yet? Heard the resolution can be fuzzy but I’ll be playing handheld on a SwOLED model so wonder if it looks and runs fine thanks to the OLED screen?

Almost finished Cuphead, only 2 bosses to go. First phase of the robot was the weirdest and hardest for me probably. For some reason the run 'n' gun stages took me the longest tho I'm pretty sure.

TLOU2 is like BotW in that everything that’s narratively interesting happens before the game begins.

/s

maybe

The last cool looking video game ever released was the Zeebo in 2009

Too bad for being digital only though...

In terms of home console designs, I am incredibly partial towards the PS2 Slim. That thing was tiny. Mine still works to this day, even though it takes a couple of attempts for it to boot up.

Gotta be honest: I think my favourite home console design maybe ever was the Wii. It could blend right into an entertainment unit by simply placing it on it’s side, OR it could be a statement piece by placing it vertically into that cool silver stand.

I do wish it had launched in the multitude of colours it was initially revealed in

Not sure my favorite home console design, never thought much about it.

Honestly, it very well might be the GameCube:

81waV+C0+9L._SL1500_.jpg

The purple cube is instantly recognizable and iconic, and well, it's a cube, which no Nintendo console before or after looked like. Plus that logo loading screen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom