• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo First Party Software Development |ST| Nintendo Party Superstars

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-developer-talks-about-the-graphical-effects-in-bowsers-fury/

From their recruitment page, Nintendo Everything did a translation of it.

Sugimoto joined in 2019 and he was in charge of the effects of Bowser's Fury (his first credit). Man being thrown in Mario game as your first project has to be amazing and stressful lol.

More on the recruitment page: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/jobs/keyword/88.html
Props to him, I still think Bowser's Fury with Bowser appearing and all the visual stuff going on is the closest we've seen of a next gen Nintendo game. Put it in 4K/60 and we're there. Though it's wild that they were ok with releasing a game like this running this inconsistently. Going through the later stages in handheld mode was borderline unplayable to me.

That's exactly what it is. Azuda Tajima started it up a few years back.
When was the last time Nintendo even collaborated with a Western third party studio? The only recent examples I can think of are indie games like The Stretchers and Good Job!, and Next Level Games before they were bought out. I hope this means that we'll see more of those in the future.

When was the last time Nintendo even collaborated with a Western third party studio? The only recent examples I can think of are indie games like The Stretchers and Good Job!, and Next Level Games before they were bought out. I hope this means that we'll see more of those in the future.
mercury steam? y know, super major stuff lol. Or Ubisoft Milan and Paris

mercury steam? y know, super major stuff lol. Or Ubisoft Milan and Paris
Oh right, completely forgot that Metroid Dread was made by a Spanish developer and that Nintendo collaborated with Ubisoft multiple for Mario+Rabbids (and ZombiU if you go back far enough). Guess what I wanted already happened. I should amend my previous statement to say "I hope this means that we'll see even more of those in the future".

Oh right, completely forgot that Metroid Dread was made by a Spanish developer and that Nintendo collaborated with Ubisoft multiple for Mario+Rabbids (and ZombiU if you go back far enough). Guess what I wanted already happened. I should amend my previous statement to say "I hope this means that we'll see even more of those in the future".
ZombiU was not a Nintendo collab. Starlink's Starfox content was, though. If you want to go back to Wii U days you can go to LEGO CITY Undercover.

Also, Mario Kart Home Circuit (Velan Studios).

Three months late, but I went through the credits for One Piece Odyssey and there was very little crossover between it and BDSP when comparing the design and programming staff. Only two planners and four programmers. I didn't go through the art staff because they're much more likely to be moved onto outsource and non-gaming projects, considering ILCA's history.

Planning
Naoki Kawai
Rikita Saito

Programming
Misuteru Ozawa
Itaru Sato
Koichi Ishikawa
Ryoma Yoda

The other staff could have been moved over to Bandai Namco Aces, but considering how well BDSP sold and that ILCA also assisted on Scarlet/Violet, I'd now be even less surprised to see another Pokemon project in the future.

pretty cool imo:

screenshot2023-04-232opfam.jpg

Three months late, but I went through the credits for One Piece Odyssey and there was very little crossover between it and BDSP when comparing the design and programming staff. Only two planners and four programmers. I didn't go through the art staff because they're much more likely to be moved onto outsource and non-gaming projects, considering ILCA's history.

The other staff could have been moved over to Bandai Namco Aces, but considering how well BDSP sold and that ILCA also assisted on Scarlet/Violet, I'd now be even less surprised to see another Pokemon project in the future.
gen 5 remakes as the next Pokemon project? hopefully is not a disapointing like the gen 4 remakes

gen 5 remakes as the next Pokemon project? hopefully is not a disapointing like the gen 4 remakes
Pokémon remakes don't take more than two years to develop, I wouldn't draw any specific conclusions from this

ZombiU was not a Nintendo collab. Starlink's Starfox content was, though. If you want to go back to Wii U days you can go to LEGO CITY Undercover.

Also, Mario Kart Home Circuit (Velan Studios).
I seem to recall an interview about ZombiU where Nintendo staff were involved in the testing. One of the testers made it through the game on a single life, which the Ubisoft staff weren't able to. This doesn't make it a proper collaboration but, unless I'm misremembering, it did have some Nintendo involvement.

I seem to recall an interview about ZombiU where Nintendo staff were involved in the testing. One of the testers made it through the game on a single life, which the Ubisoft staff weren't able to. This doesn't make it a proper collaboration but, unless I'm misremembering, it did have some Nintendo involvement.
They probably got Mario Club staffs from the sound of it. They got some master gamers lol.

They probably got Mario Club staffs from the sound of it. They got some master gamers lol.
couldn't find any source of this, they're at the very least not at all in the credits. if there was any involvement, it was so minor it wasn't worth any sort of credit.

what we do know is that back when they made Red Steel 2 they got to talk to Retro Studios about FPS Wiimote controls

couldn't find any source of this, they're at the very least not at all in the credits. if there was any involvement, it was so minor it wasn't worth any sort of credit.

what we do know is that back when they made Red Steel 2 they got to talk to Retro Studios about FPS Wiimote controls
I think I've misremembered and mixed up the "impossible" one life mode mentioned in the ZombiU Iwata Asks with one of the testers for Conker's Bad Fur Day that finished the game without dying.

I think I've misremembered and mixed up the "impossible" one life mode mentioned in the ZombiU Iwata Asks with one of the testers for Conker's Bad Fur Day that finished the game without dying.
that is a wild mix up :D

Much like Nintendo let’s some of these western studios play around with some of their franchises (Retro Studios, Next Level Games, Mercury Steam), I wish they would let some of their Japanese 1st Party teams make a new game in a franchise.

Like what if the 3D Mario team made a new Zelda or if the Zelda team made a new Fire Emblem or Kirby team made a Metroid.

It’d be fun!

Much like Nintendo let’s some of these western studios play around with some of their franchises (Retro Studios, Next Level Games, Mercury Steam), I wish they would let some of their Japanese 1st Party teams make a new game in a franchise.

Like what if the 3D Mario team made a new Zelda or if the Zelda team made a new Fire Emblem or Kirby team made a Metroid.

It’d be fun!
Nah. Make a new IP not some other teams IP.

You right, I’d love to see what Next Level could come up with brand new IP with the help and guidance of Nintendo in Japan.
nlg is very happy being a mario factory, thank you.

No, really. With Retro its easy to see that retro will always try to finally make their new ip a reality, but NLG seems to be fuckin chill in making budget mario spin offs forever and then after.

It’d be fun!

I don't think there's any hard rule in place stopping EPD Tokyo from taking on a different EPD series from Mario or Donkey Kong (Captain Toad was initially pitched as a Zelda game for example); but my main question would be what the point is. It'd be most efficient for each producer / group to keep working on what they are most familiar with.

There is an internally developed Kirby game too (Tilt 'n Tumble, and the cancelled sequel) but likewise I especially don't see a point when you're dealing with external studios and IPs Nintendo only co-own. HAL know Kirby best; IntSys know Fire Emblem best.

I don't think there's any hard rule in place stopping EPD Tokyo from taking on a different EPD series from Mario or Donkey Kong (Captain Toad was initially pitched as a Zelda game for example); but my main question would be what the point is. It'd be most efficient for each producer / group to keep working on what they are most familiar with.
yeah, Nintendo would never do it because of they want to lean on the experience of the teams already tackling the franchises. BUT I think there could be some advantages of bringing in a fresh perspective to the game. The point would be to have some new ideas.

yeah, Nintendo would never do it because of they want to lean on the experience of the teams already tackling the franchises. BUT I think there could be some advantages of bringing in a fresh perspective to the game. The point would be to have some new ideas.
It does not make much sense at all. And I can argue that it's already happening to some degree as EPD staff isn't fixed and go from group to group, judt not on lead positions, that would not work.

Anyone here going to try to avoid the TotK previews dropping this week?

I can’t decide what I want to do. I don’t need to see them, I’m buying it no matter what, but I’m so hungry for more!
I've been on media blackout since the E3 2021 trailer, sans the 3 seconds of footage in March 2022. It's been tough at times but it's going to be worth it. I've accidentally seen a couple minor things but mostly I think I've stayed unspoiled. So yep I'll be avoiding the previews and you definitely can too!

I can’t decide what I want to do. I don’t need to see them, I’m buying it no matter what, but I’m so hungry for more!
Avoiding. Don't want to see how it actually starts, what the towers are for etc.

Any idea on when they drop so I know when to go offline 🫣

I've been on media blackout since the E3 2021 trailer, sans the 3 seconds of footage in March 2022. It's been tough at times but it's going to be worth it. I've accidentally seen a couple minor things but mostly I think I've stayed unspoiled. So yep I'll be avoiding the previews and you definitely can too!
Same last thing I saw was the trailer when they revealed the title in last year. Been spoiled a couple times on here and on twitter but overall i‘m unspoiled too. 17 more days!

Same last thing I saw was the trailer when they revealed the title in last year. Been spoiled a couple times on here and on twitter but overall i‘m unspoiled too. 17 more days!
Yes! Awesome! Let's hit that media blackout finish line strong!! Time to catch up on my 300 tabs, lol!

no a want to see if this previews confirm or deny we gonna have tradicionals Dungeons in Tears of the Kingdom, or we gonna have Divine Beast like Dungeons(i hoping for the former, i hated the Divine Beasts)

Nagamatsu going ham. Yumi Takahashi composed the new Squid Sisters songs with Fujii only composing the singleplayer credits song. Minegishi did more on the SP side this time.

There's a new Splat 3 dev interview coming out from Famitsu today too.

Xenoblade Chronicles: Future Redeemed credits (no voice actors/localization/cutscene/music production)

Directors were Masahiro Iwamoto from Monolith and Yuki Sakamoto from EPD. As was already known, series director Koh Kojima was not involved (even as a producer) and has only received a Special Thanks credit alongside Shigekazu Yamada (Xenoblade DE Producer/Planning Lead). Koji Hayashi has seemingly been promoted to producer.

Some other notable staff absences from the base game include Mamoru Ohta (Scenario/Cinematics), Makoto Shimamoto (Planner), Yuichiro Sumita (Planner), and Kanae Nakayama (Planner). There are probably more.

Last edited:
Xenoblade Chronicles: Future Redeemed credits (no voice actors/localization/cutscene/music production)

Directors were Masahiro Iwamoto from Monolith and Yuki Sakamoto from EPD. As was already known, series director Koh Kojima was not involved (even as a producer) and has only received a Special Thanks credit alongside Shigekazu Yamada (Xenoblade DE Producer/Planning Lead). Koji Hayashi has seemingly been promoted to producer.

Some other notable staff absences from the base game include Mamoru Ohta (Scenario/Cinematics), Makoto Shimamoto (Planner), Yuichiro Sumita (Planner), and Kanae Nakayama (Planner). There are probably more.
Can't wait to cross reference this with Zelda TOTK. Hopefully none of the absent people are working on it...(not in a bad way I just need more monolith)

A big reason why BDSP was so disappointing was that they were based on DP, there's no Pokemon Grey that totally outclasses the OG, BW with Fairy types and 3d models sounds fine, admittedly Gen 5's sprite art is godly so I hesitate to say improved graphics but for what it is.

But historically it seems every other gen is remakes, Gen 5 will be in like 26 or 27 I'd wager, but at the same time I don't know what the stop gap for next year or even next 2 years (26 gen 10 cause 30 years? If so I hope 25 at least is a break year but realistically...) I mean ideally we can just wait after DLC but again realistically... Let's Go Pichu and Togepi...?

Dae MP4 literally Other m2? Retro hiring for another storyboarder.

For real, this stuff makes me conviction even stronger that MP4 wont release this year. If Retro is still storyboarding the game that doesnt helps the case that its a 2023 game at all.
Not really sure on whether not Prime 4 is a 2023 game, but there's no indication this is for Prime 4. They're hiring for multiple positions, which has been the case for a while, and we know they work on more than one game at a time because Prime Remastered overlapped with Prime 4. If Prime 4 is at an advanced stage of development (as is likely), then it makes sense to staff up for other projects or prototyping.

it's in the description of Retro Studios. it's not about whatever game the job listing is for
I mean, what else can i say? Chances are its for mp4 because that is what we know they have been working on and it is a huge gwme that demands several positions.

It could be for the reboot of startropics too but until thqt is announced ofc im gonna assume its for mp4.

I mean, what else can i say? Chances are its for mp4 because that is what we know they have been working on and it is a huge gwme that demands several positions.

It could be for the reboot of startropics too but until thqt is announced ofc im gonna assume its for mp4.
the game has been in development since 2019 (possibly earlier). any storyboarding role for this now would be very minor and not affecting the actual release date. they're most likely in the planning stages for a new game and need people to help flesh out aspects like a vertical slice or something. occam's razor and all that

Back
Top Bottom