• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo First Party Software Development |ST| Nintendo Party Superstars

I am currently playing the Starfox game developed by Rare on GameCube and I think that with the evolution of the Zelda franchise, a sequel to Starfox Adventures could really make sense. Do you think it’s completely unrealistic to expect Nintendo to consider some kind of Star Fox Adventures Returns? (not necessarily with Retro).
Highly unlikely. Not impossible I'd say, but Star Fox as an IP is all about space shooting and dogfights, not a Zelda-like action adventure.

Better to get the next game in line with 64 before going with experiment spin-off.

I can imagine a remaster of Star Fox Assault before the end of life of the current switch, in the same spirit as possible remasters of F-zero or Kid Icarus Uprising. But I really think there’s a bigger potential audience that might be interested in a more traditional Zelda like.

With Tears of the Kingdom almost coming out and a lot of rumoured titles already being out we are out steering a blind ship looking for a new island to explore.
After TotK we have Pikmin 4 and only we know of Metroid Prime 4 and potentially a DK and FE4 game. I think it is quite exciting to see what games some of the franchises will get but also which franchises will be brought back to life and which new franchises will be found on the new islands of Nintendo :D

Not really convinced that Zero being a retread of 64 storywise had much impact on its sales. It was a late Wii U release with a controversial control scheme. 64 3D didn't get much further than a million sales, so it's not like the world got its fill of that style.

Super Mario Maker 3 baby!
In 2026 maybe, altough the director of first 2 Maker games left Nintendo after release of Maker 2. If they are doing another Maker game on next system (which, let's be real, they will do that) they need to figure out what else to add, they will not add 3D since that's not that intuitive but they will certainly add new style that the 2D Mario introduces). It would be cool if Maker 3 had a long term support like Splatoon (even if it's slower paced) because adding world map builder 10 months after release and that's it, was weird.

This is an interview about FE:Engage
Engage was developed around the same time as Three Houses.

The developers deliberately went for a complete opposite direction in tone compared to Three Houses, for experimentation and exploration's sake as far what Fire Emblem could be.

Engage's release was meant to coincide with the franchise's 30th anniversary and release in 2020, meaning the leak from last year was indeed accurate on that.

It's confirmed COVID-19 tore those plans apart.

The silver lining is that the delay is that it allowed the devs to polish the gameplay (and mainly, the Engage mechanic) further.

Engage originally had a CERO C rating (as in, for players of 15 years old and more) before it was later lowered to B (12 and up) so the game could be marketed to a younger demographic.

This issue only contains the first half of the interview. The next one is coming next month.

I think the next Star Fox game needs to be like Awakening in terms of mentality. Look at the series past & throw in lots of the things that worked while also putting in newish mechanics to breathe in some life.

Last edited:
This is an interview about FE:Engage
Engage was developed around the same time as Three Houses.

The developers deliberately went for a complete opposite direction in tone compared to Three Houses, for experimentation and exploration's sake as far what Fire Emblem could be.

Engage's release was meant to coincide with the franchise's 30th anniversary and release in 2020, meaning the leak from last year was indeed accurate on that.

It's confirmed COVID-19 tore those plans apart.

The silver lining is that the delay is that it allowed the devs to polish the gameplay (and mainly, the Engage mechanic) further.

Engage originally had a CERO C rating (as in, for players of 15 years old and more) before it was later lowered to B (12 and up) so the game could be marketed to a younger demographic.

This issue only contains the first half of the interview. The next one is coming next month.

I think the next Star Fox game needs to be like Awakening in terms of mentality. Look at the series past & throw in lots of the things that worked while also putting in Jewish mechanics to breathe in some life.
Wtf is a Jewish mechanic?

I hope you are right. But, silly question, since Adventures was initially Dinosaur Planet, wouln't it be complicated to release a remaster, knowing that Rare probably still owns some of the characters?
really depends on what exactly they own. if they can intercept the assets, then they can always replace them if need be

I hope you are right. But, silly question, since Adventures was initially Dinosaur Planet, wouln't it be complicated to release a remaster, knowing that Rare probably still owns some of the characters?
As far as I remember, unlike Diddy Kong Racing, in Starfox adventures there is no indication that there are characters that belong to Rare

Nintendo wholly owns SFA. Krystal and Tricky, as well as the planet (now called Sauria) appear in Star Fox Assault, completely without Rare and MS' involvement.

Is it confirmed that MS is working on the Baten Kaitos remasters?
Pretty sure it's confirmed it's effectively a third party release? Definitely published by Namco around the world and not developed by Monolith Soft, though Nintendo still have some copyright ownership with Baten Kaitos (which might just be because of BK Origins).

Pretty sure it's confirmed it's effectively a third party release? Definitely published by Namco around the world and not developed by Monolith Soft, though Nintendo still have some copyright ownership with Baten Kaitos (which might just be because of BK Origins).

Oh yeah it's definitely a third party release, I was just refering to the OP where it's mentioned that Monolith Soft current project among others is the Katen Baitos Remasters.

Which I think was weird, that's why I asked.

The interview in this month's Nintendo Dream confirms that Engage was originally planned as an anniversary release.

So Emily's post about the game was spot-on except for Koei/Gust working on it.

I wonder if there were some wires crossed and this piece of info was about the next FE game. We also know that Engage was being developed alongside Three Houses, and the director of the latter hasn't worked on anything since outside of character design for Three Hopes. Or maybe it was just an assumption based on the game looking noticeably cleaner than Three Houses.

Last edited:
The interview in this month's Nintendo Dream confirms that Engage was originally planned as an anniversary release.

I wonder if there were some wires crossed and this piece of info was about the next FE game. We also know that Engage was being developed alongside Three Houses, and the director of the latter hasn't worked on anything since outside of character design for Three Hopes. Or maybe it was just an assumption based on the game looking noticeably cleaner than Three Houses.
I feel like further collaboration between IS and KT makes a great deal of sense given the demands of contemporary development and the success of Three Houses, so it wouldn't surprise me to see that come about. Presumably Nintendo will want IS to remain on Paper Mario and probably WarioWare as well as FE, so working with Koei is an easy way to keep games coming on a regular basis.

My guess is Koei Tecmo/Gust were assumptions made by the source

Koei Tecmo because of Three Houses and Gust because Engage looks "more anime"

My guess is Koei Tecmo/Gust were assumptions made by the source

Koei Tecmo because of Three Houses and Gust because Engage looks "more anime"
The game also has a vaguely similar artstyle to Atelier, which could've further fueled the assumption. Vaguely similar, though. Engage honestly doesn't even really look like Gust's games tbh lol.

This just in from other thread and Takumi Kawagoe attended Mario Movie premiere, planner at EPD who specializes in camera programming and cinematics..

special-screening-of-universal-pictures-the-super-mario-bros-movie-arrivals.jpg

This already shows what was brought up earlier, that Nintendo is involved more than some might think. So as for some credits predictions before the movie, it's no brainer to think 3D Mario leads like Koizumi, Motokura, Hayashida will appear in the credits, maybe even with 2D guys like Tezuka and Kimura. And in the last Mario Movie Direct they said "we worked closely with team at Nintendo to create some new karts for Mario Kart section in the movie" so appearance of Mario Kart leads like Konno, Yabuki, Morimoto, Shiraiwa, Ishikawa is I would say also almost guaranteed.

For it to have been planned for 2020 and developed around the same time as TH the development must've started by, what, late 2017/very early 2018 at the latest?? Puts in perspective how long of a development it got compared to TH(which was like 2.5 years only), considering it probably was content complete by summer 2021 and gone gold by early 2022.

I'm very excited to see where Fire Emblem will go next. The FE4 remake shouldn't be that far away, at most spring 2024, so I think we'll see it by June or September Direct. I think Koei Tecmo/GUST might be involved with that one, that's probably where it came from.

A similar logo to Nintendo Pictures! Wonder if we'll be seeing that style more often?

A similar logo to Nintendo Pictures! Wonder if we'll be seeing that style more often?

Yeag, maybe we'll see NERD and NST eventually update their logos to match this new style. They're still stuck in the grey Nintendo logo era (at least NERD are; I don't think NST's site uses any logo at all anymore).

nerd-logo.svg
Nintendo_Software_Technology_logo.png

logo_footer.svg
logo-nintendo-systems.svg

The staff behind Nintendo Systems, translated from their website using DeepL:

Company Profile

Company Name
Nintendo Systems, Inc.
Description of Business

Development and operation of systems related to the digital part of Nintendo's business
Planning, development and operation of new services

Representative
Tetsuya Sasaki, President and Representative Director
Shinya Takahashi, Director
Director Yusuke Beppu
Director Kenji Yamamoto
Director Kotaro Fukawa
Director Keigo Watanabe
Director Kenta Sugawara
Takeshi Masuda, Auditor
Establishment
April 3, 2023
Paid-in Capital
5,000,000,000 yen
Shareholder
Nintendo Corporation (80% stake)
DeNA Co.
Location of head office

Tokyo Headquarters
24-12, Shibuya 2-chome, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-6140
Shibuya Scramble Square, 24-12, Shibuya 2-chome, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-6140, Japan
Shibuya Scramble Square

Kyoto Development Office
2-1, Higashi-Kujo-Minami-Matsudacho, Minami-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto 601-8502
2-1, Higashi-Kujo Minami-Matsudacho, Minami-ku, Kyoto
Nintendo Headquarters Development Bldg.

Yeag, maybe we'll see NERD and NST eventually update their logos to match this new style. They're still stuck in the grey Nintendo logo era (at least NERD are; I don't think NST's site uses any logo at all anymore).

nerd-logo.svg
Nintendo_Software_Technology_logo.png

logo_footer.svg
logo-nintendo-systems.svg

The grey Nintendo logo is so ugly and dull! While the red one is plain, at least there's SOME color.

Nintendo has a wide range of developers under its belt, whether as its own studios or as close partners.

Nintendo Entertainment Planning & Development​

Nintendo's main development force is the Entertainment Planning & Development Division. It is the conglomeration of Nintendo's Entertainment Analysis & Development Division and Software Planning & Development and formed in 2015, occupying Nintendo's R&D plants in Kyoto & Tokyo. It consists of over 800 developers that range from pioneers of the original Famicom to fresh recruits that will lead the games of the future. The internal R&D developers primarily work on Nintendo's largest franchises such as The Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing and Mario as well as Nintendo's major series of the future like Splatoon and Ring Fit Adventure.

Nintendo EPD Management​

General Manager - Shinya Takahashi
Deputy General Managers - Katsuya Eguchi, Yoshiaki Koizumi, Keisuke Terasaki, Eiji Aonuma, Hisashi Nogami
Executive Officer - Takashi Tezuka, Yoshiaki Koizumi
Senior Officer - Yoshio Sakamoto, Takashi Tezuka, Kensuke Tanabe

Nintendo EPD Production Group No. 1 (External R&D) (May be combined with Group 2)
Manager / Producer - Hitoshi Yamagami (former), Akira Kinashi
Project Leads - Genki Yokota, Kaori Ando, Makoto Okazaki, Tomoko Nakayama, Ryuichi Nakada
Series - Fire Emblem, Pokémon, Kirby, Xenoblade
Recent Titles - Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Kirby's Dream Buffet
Current - Bayonetta 3, Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, Fire Emblem Engage, Kirby's Return to Dream Land DX

Nintendo EPD Production Group No. 2 (External R&D)
Manager / Producer - Toyokazu Nonaka, Shinya Saito
Project Leads - Tomohiro Yamamura, Yoshiaki Onishi, Nobuo Matsumiya
Series - Mario & Luigi, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Party, Yoshi
Recent Titles - Good Job!, Clubhouse Games, DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power, Mario Golf: Super Rush, Mario Party Superstars
Current - TBA

Nintendo EPD Production Group No. 3
Manager / Producer - Eiji Aonuma, Daiki Iwamoto, Makoto Miyanaga
Project Leads - Hidemaro Fujibayashi
Series - The Legend of Zelda
Recent Titles - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (w/ Grezzo), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD (w/ Tantalus)
Current - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Nintendo EPD Production Group No. 4
Manager / Producer - Kouichi Kawamoto, Takayuki Shimamura
Project Leads - Norihiro Ito, Tsubasa Sakaguchi, Naoki Masuda
Series - Brain Age, Miitopia, Nintendo Labo
Recent Titles - Ring Fit Adventure, Jump Rope Challenge, Miitopia (w/Grezzo), Game Builder Garage, Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain (w/Indieszero), Nintendo Switch Sports
Current - Nintendo Switch Sports updates, 1-2 Switch sequel?

Nintendo EPD Production Group No. 5
Manager / Producer - Hisashi Nogami, Aya Kyogoku
Project Leads - Aya Kyogoku, Yusuke Amano
Series - Animal Crossing, Splatoon
Recent Titles - Splatoon 2, Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Current - Splatoon 3

Nintendo EPD Production Group No. 6 (External R&D)
Manager / Producer - Kensuke Tanabe
Project Leads - Goro Abe, Akiya Sakamoto, Risa Tabata
Series - Metroid Prime, Donkey Kong Country, Luigi's Mansion, WarioWare, Paper Mario
Recent Titles - WarioWare: Get It Together, Mario Strikers; Battle League, Metroid Prime Remasterd
Current - Metroid Prime 4, Mario Strikers; Battle League updates

Nintendo EPD Production Group No. 7
Manager / Producer - Katsuya Yamano, Yoshio Sakamoto
Project Leads - Takehiko Hosokawa, Ryutaro Takahashi, Masami Yone
Series - Metroid (2D), Rhythm Heaven, Tomodachi Life
Recent Titles - Miitomo, Metroid: Samus Returns, Famicom Detective Club (w/MAGES), Metroid Dread (w/ MercurySteam)
Current: TBA

Nintendo EPD Production Group No. 8
Manager / Producer - Koichi Hayashida
Project Leads - Kenta Motokura, Futoshi Shirai
Series - 3D Mario, NES Remix
Recent Titles - Super Mario Odyssey, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (w/NST), Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (w/NST)
Current: TBA (2D Project)

Nintendo EPD Production Group No. 9
Manager / Producer - Kosuke Yabuki
Project Leads - Masaaki Iwasaki, Kenta Sato, Kentaro Nishimura
Series - Mario Kart, ARMS, Nintendogs
Recent Titles - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, Mario Kart Tour, Mario Kart: Home Circuit
Current: Mario Kart Tour, Mario Kart 8 Booster Course Pass

Nintendo EPD Production Group No. 10
Manager / Producer - Hiroyuki Kimura
Project Leads - Shigefumi Hino, Yosuke Oshino, Yuji Kando
Series - Super Mario Bros. (2D), Pikmin, Big Brain Academy
Recent Titles - New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Super Mario Maker 2, Pikmin 3 Deluxe (w/Eighting)
Current - Pikmin 4

Nintendo EPD - Smart Device Production Group (External R&D)
Manager / Producer - Hideki Konno
Project Leads:?
Recent: Fire Emblem Heroes, Dragalia Lost, Dr. Mario World, Mario Kart Tour
Current: Fire Emblem Heroes, Dragalia Lost, Mario Kart Tour

Nintendo Subsidiaries​

Monolith Soft
Monolith Soft Co., Ltd. is a subsidiary development company of Nintendo Co., Ltd, acquired in 2007. Its main Japan-based offices are located in Tokyo and Kyoto . The developer is mainly responsible for the Xenoblade series, but has also dedicated several resources to produce art assets in cooperation with main Nintendo Co., Ltd in-house titles.

President - Hirohide Sugiura
Releases -Production Group 1 (Tetsuya Takahashi) - Xenoblade Chronicles X, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
Production Group 2 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Expansion Pass​
Current - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Expansion Pass, Baiten Kaitos I + II HD Remaster

Monolith Soft Development and Speculation Thread

Retro Studios
Retro Studios Inc. is an American video game developer and subsidiary of Nintendo based in Austin, Texas. Retro was founded on September 21, 1998 as an alliance between Nintendo and former Iguana Entertainment founder Jeff Spangenberg, hoping to create titles for the then-upcoming GameCube aiming at an older demographic. The studio has established itself as a powerhouse with the Metroid Prime series and their revival of Donkey Kong Country.

President - Michael Kelbaugh
Releases - Donkey Kong Country Returns, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Metroid Prime Remastered
Current - Metroid Prime 4

Nd Cube
Nd Cube is a subsidiary originally established as a collaboration between Nintendo and Dentsu. The studio had a resurgence after Hudson Soft was absorbed by Konami so, the Mario Party team joined the studio with a former Hudson Soft president leading the studio. The studio has done various minigame compilations such as Wii Party, the Mario Party series starting with 9 and Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics.

President - Shuichiro Nishiya
Releases - Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics, Mario Party Superstars
Current - TBA

Next Level Games
Next Level Games is a game development studio founded in 2002 in Vancouver, Canada from former EA Black Box staff. Nintendo acquired the studio in 2021. Next Level is best known for their work with Nintendo including their work on the Luigi's Mansion series.

President - Douglas Tronsgard
Releases - Punch-Out!!, Metroid Prime: Federation Force, Luigi's Mansion 3, Mario Strikers: Battle League
Current - TBA

Nintendo Software Technology
The studio was established in 1998 as a collaboration with the university, DigiPen Institute of Technology. The studio is largely taken from DigiPen graduatates and creates mostly smaller titles. More recently, they have assisted EPD in porting titles to new hardware.

President - Shigeki Yamashiro
Releases - Mario vs. Donkey Kong series, Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS, Snipperclips, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (3DS/ Switch), Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Current - TBA

Nintendo European Research & Development
Nintendo European Research & Development (NERD) is a European subsidiary based in Paris, France. It was formerly known as Mobiclip. It specializes in hardware middleware and classic game emulation.

Managing Director - Alexandre Delattre
Projects - Nintendo DS Virtual Console on Wii U, Wii-DL software on Wii U, "Super-stable 3D" on New Nintendo 3DS, NES & SNES Classic, Labo VR Kit, Super Mario 3D All-Stars (Sunshine/Galaxy emulation), Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, Brain Training for Nintendo Switch (deep learning middleware for RPS game), Ring Fit Adventure (heart rate IR detection)
Current - Nintendo Switch Online - NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBA Online

iQue
iQue is a Chinese subsidiary based in Suzhou, China. They used to distribute Nintendo products in China such as the iQue Player. The brand was dropped in 2018 when, Tencent became the official distributor. As of 2017, iQue's main role is localization for China. They have recently hired developers to help with Nintendo EPD games and their first project is work on Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Nintendo Affiliates​

Game Freak
Game Freak is the main developer for the Pokémon franchise, developing the main entries since the beginning of the franchise. The studio has also been attempting to develop some independent games with their younger developers. The company as of 2020 now shares a building with HAL Laboratory and Nintendo EPD in Tokyo

President - Satoshi Tajiri
Releases - Pokémon Quest, Little Town Hero, Pokémon Sword/Shield, Pokémon Legends: Arceus
Current - Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

HAL Laboratory
HAL Laboratory is a long-time contracted developer for Nintendo since the Famicom. They are mainly known for being the studio behind Kirby. They operate out of Tokyo, Japan. They also develop some system tools for Nintendo hardware.

President - Shigefumi Kawase
Releases - Pasocom Mini (not with Nintendo), Kirby Fighters 2, Part Time UFO, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Kirby's Dream Buffet
Current - Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe

Intelligent Systems
Intelligent Systems is a long-time contracted developer for Nintendo since the Famicom. It's main office is in Kyoto, Japan. They are the developers responsible for Fire Emblem, Paper Mario and WarioWare. They also develop some system tools for Nintendo hardware.

President - Toshiyuki Nakamura
Releases - Paper Mario: The Origami King, WarioWare: Get It Together, Fire Emblem Engage
Current - Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp (supervision), Fire Emblem Engage Expansion Pass

Grezzo
Grezzo is a developer found in 2006 by former Mana series director, Koichi Ishii. They have mostly established themselves as a remake studio though they still have capable designers with their original work on Tri Force Heroes and Ever Oasis.

President - Koichi Ishii
Releases - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, Ever Oasis, Luigi's Mansion 3DS, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Miitopia
Current - TBA

Genius Sonority
Genius Sonority is developer established in 2002 as a part of Yamauchi's Q Fund and made from former developers on the Dragon Quest series, Heartbeat. They were formed largely to support the Pokémon franchise

President - Manabu Yamana
Releases - Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, 100 Classic Book Collection, Pokémon Battle Trozei, The Denpa Men RPG, Pokémon Shuffle
Current - Pokémon Café Remix

Frequent Collaboration Studios​

• Arika - Endless Ocean series, 3D Classics series, Dr. Luigi, Tetris 99, Super Mario 35
  • Arzest - Yoshi's New Island, Hey! Pikmin
  • Camelot Software Planning - Mario Tennis series, Mario Golf series, Mario Sports Superstars (w/ Bandai Namco), Golden Sun
  • Creatures Inc, - Pokemon Assist Studio
  • Eighting - Kururin series, Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo, Kirby Star Allies, Pikmin 3 Deluxe
  • Good Feel - Kirby's Epic Yarn, Yoshi's Woolly World, Yoshi's Crafted World
  • ILCA - Pokémon subseries - Pokémon Home, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl
  • indieszero - NES Remix series, Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido, Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch, Big Brain Academy
  • MercurySteam - Metroid: Samus Returns, Metroid Dread
  • PlatinumGames - Astral Chain, Bayonetta, Star Fox Zero
  • Spike Chunsoft - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
  • Syn Sophia Co. Ltd. - Style Savvy series,
  • Tantalus - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD
  • Vanpool - Dillon's Rolling Western, Super Kirby Clash, Kirby Fighters 2

Major Publisher Collaboration​

• Bandai Namco - Super Smash Bros. series, Mario Kart 8, ARMS, Mario Kart Tour, Pokkén Tournament, New Pokémon Snap
  • Koei Tecmo - Fatal Frame series, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Buddy Mission BOND
  • SEGA - Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Tokyo Mirage Sessions (Atlus)

First Party-IP licensing collaborations:

• Brace Yourself Games/Spike Chunsoft - Cadence of Hyrule
  • Ubisoft - Starlink: Battle for Atlas, Mario+Rabbids
  • Koei Tecmo - Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
  • Hamster - Arcade Archives - Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, Sky Skipper, etc.
  • Jupiter Co. - Picross

Former Collaborators​

• Ganbarion (Jump Ultimate Stars, Pandora's Tower, Wii Fit U)
  • Mistwalker (ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat, The Last Story)
  • Monster Games (Excite Truck, Excitebots, Excitebike World Rally, Pilotwings Resort, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D)
  • ParityBit (Nintendo Pocket Football Club)
  • Vitei Inc. (Rock N' Roll Climber, Theta, Steel Diver-series, Tank Troopers)

Defunct Collaborators​

• AlphaDream (Mario & Luigi series, Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics)
  • Artoon (later reformed as Arzest) (Yoshi's Island DS, FlingSmash, The Last Story)
  • CiNG (Another Code/Trace Memory/Hotel Dusk/The Last Window)
  • Headstrong Games (Art Academy series, Batallion Wars series)
  • Skip Ltd. (Chibi-Robo! series)

Games​

Nintendo 3DS (from 2017 onwards) (Developed and/or Produced)

1. Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 2 / Good-Feel)
  2. Tank Troopers (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD ? / Vitei)
  3. Miitopia (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 4)
  4. Metroid: Samus Returns (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 7 / MercurySteam)
  5. Fire Emblem Warriors (Nintendo / Koei Tecmo / Omega Force / Team Ninja)
  6. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 2 / Alpha Dream)
  7. Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 6 / Vanpool)
  8. Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / indieszero)
  9. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 8 / NST)
  10. WarioWare Gold (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 6 / Intelligent Systems)
  11. Luigi's Mansion (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / GREZZO)
  12. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 2 / Alpha Dream)
  13. Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 2 / Good-Feel)

Mobile

1. Miitomo (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 7)
  2. Super Mario Run (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD SG)
  3. Fire Emblem Heroes (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG SD / Intelligent Systems)
  4. Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG SD / Nintendo EPD PG No.5 / ND Cube)
  5. Dragalia Lost (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD SG / Cy Games)
  6. Dr. Mario World (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD SG / Line / NH Entertainment)
  7. Mario Kart Tour (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD SG)

Nintendo Switch (Developed, and/or Produced, and/or Published**)

[~~~2017~~~]

1. 1-2 Switch (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 4)
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 3 / MonolithSoft)
  3. Snipperclips (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 2 / Nintendo Software Technology / SFB Games)
  4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 9)
  5. ARMS (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 9)
  6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Expansion Pass (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 3 / MonolithSoft)
  7. Splatoon 2 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 5)
  8. Fire Emblem Warriors (Nintendo / Tecmo-Koei / Omega Force / Team Ninja)
  9. Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 8)
  10. Fire Emblem Warriors - Season Pass (Nintendo / Tecmo-Koei / Omega Force / Team Ninja)
  11. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / Monolith Soft)
[~~~2018~~~]

1. Bayonetta 1+2 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / Platinum Games)
  2. Nintendo Labo: Toy Con 01 - Variety Kit (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 4)
  3. Nintendo Labo: Toy Con 02 - Robot Kit (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 4)
  4. Kirby Star Allies (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / HAL Laboratory)
  5. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 6 / Retro Studios)
  6. Hyrule Warriors Deluxe (Nintendo / Tecmo-Koei / Omega Force / Team Ninja)
  7. Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / indieszero)
  8. Mario Tennis Aces (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 2 / Camelot Software)
  9. Flip Wars (Nintendo / Over The Fence)
  10. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 8 / NST)
  11. Go Vacation (Nintendo / Bandai Namco Games)
  12. Octopath Traveler (Nintendo / Square Enix Team Asano / Acquire)
  13. Nintendo Labo: Toy Con 03 - Vehicle Kit (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 4)
  14. Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / Monolith Soft)
  15. Super Mario Party (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 2 / ND Cube)
  16. Pokémon: Let's Go (Nintendo / The Pokémon Company / Nintendo EPD 1 / Game Freak)
  17. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 2 / Sora / Namco-Bandai Games)
[~~~2019~~~]

1. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 10)
  2. Fitness Boxing (Nintendo / Imagineer)
  3. Tetris 99 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / Arika)
  4. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Special Episode (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 8 / NST)
  5. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Fighters Pass (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 2 / Sora / Namco-Bandai Games)
  6. Yoshi's Crafted World (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 2 / Good-Feel)
  7. Nintendo Labo: Toy Con 04 - VR Kit (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 4)
  8. BoxBoy! + BoxGirl! (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / HAL Laboratory)
  9. Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo / Brace Yourself Games)
  10. Super Mario Maker 2 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 10)
  11. Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Nintendo / Square Enix / Bird Studio / Armor Project/Koei Tecmo)
  12. Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / Intelligent Systems / Koei Tecmo)
  13. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: Black Order (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 2 / Team Ninja)
  14. Astral Chain (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / PlatinumGames)
  15. Super Kirby Clash (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / HAL Laboratory / Vanpool)
  16. Daemon X Machina (Nintendo / Marvelous / Marvelous First Studio)
  17. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 3)
  18. Dragon Quest XI S ~ Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition (Nintendo / Square Enix / Bird Studio / Armor Project)
  19. Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 4)
  20. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Expansion Pass (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / Intelligent Systems / Koei Tecmo)
  21. Luigi's Mansion 3 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 6 / Next Level Games)
  22. The Stretchers (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 2 / Tarsier Studios)
  23. Pokémon: Sword / Pokémon: Shield (Nintendo / The Pokémon Company / Nintendo EPD 1 / Game Freak)
  24. Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 4 / indieszero)
[~~~2020~~~]

1. Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE Encore (Nintendo/ Nintendo EPD 1 / ATLUS Co. Ltd)
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Fighters Pass Vol. 2 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 2 / Sora / Namco-Bandai Games)
  3. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD1/ Spike Chunsoft)
  4. Luigi's Mansion 3 Multiplayer Pack (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 6 / Next Level Games)
  5. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 5)
  6. Good Job! (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 2 / Paladin Studios)
  7. Xenoblade: Definitive Edition (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / MonolithSoft)
  8. Clubhouse Games / 51 Worldwide Games (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 2 / ND Cube)
  9. Pokémon: Sword / Pokémon: Shield Expansion Pass (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / Game Freak)
  10. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Fighters Pass Vol. 2 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 2 / Sora / Namco-Bandai Games)
  11. Jump Rope Challenge (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 4)
  12. Paper Mario: The Origami King (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 6 / Intelligent Systems)
  13. Super Mario 3D All-Stars (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 8 / 1-UP Studio / iQue / NERD)
  14. Kirby Fighters 2 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD1/ HAL Laboratory/Vanpool)
  15. Super Mario 35 (Nintendo / Arika)
  16. Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 4/9? / NERD / Velan Studios)
  17. Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda [Complete Edition] (Nintendo / Brace Yourself Games)
  18. Part Time UFO (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1/ HAL Laboratory)
  19. Pikmin 3 Deluxe (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 10 / Eighting)
  20. Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros (Nintendo / NERD?)
  21. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (Nintendo / Koei-Tecmo / Omega Force)
  22. Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm & Exercise (Nintendo / Imagineer)
[~~~2021~~~]

1. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 8 / 1-UP Studio / NST)
  2. Bravely Default II (Nintendo / Square Enix Team Asano / Claytechworks)
  3. New Pokémon Snap (Nintendo / The Pokémon Company / Nintendo EPD 1 / Bandai Namco Studios)
  4. Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir & Famicom Detective Club: The Girl Who Stands Behind (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 7 / Mages Inc.)
  5. Miitopia (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 4 / Grezzo)
  6. Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity: Expansion Pass (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 3 / Koei Tecmo / Omega Force)
  7. DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 2 / Toybox / appci)
  8. Game Builder Garage (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 4)
  9. Mario Golf: Super Rush (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 2 / Camelot)
  10. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 3 / Tantalus Media)
  11. WarioWare: Get it Together! (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 6 / Intelligent Systems)
  12. Metroid Dread (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 7 / MercurySteam)
  13. Mario Party Superstars (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 2 / NDCube)
  14. Animal Crossing: New Horizons Expansion (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 5)
  15. Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 3/NERD?)
  16. Shin Megami Tensei V (Nintendo / ATLUS)
  17. Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl (Nintendo / The Pokémon Company / Nintendo EPD 1 / ILCA)
  18. Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 4 / indieszero)

[~~~2022~~~]

1. Pokémon Legends: Arceus (Nintendo / The Pokémon Company / Nintendo EPD 1 / GameFreak)
  2. Triangle Strategy (Nintendo / Square Enix Team Asano)
  3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass - Wave 1 -3 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 9/Bandai Namco)
  4. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / HAL Laboratory)
  5. Nintendo Switch Sports (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD4)
  6. Mario Strikers: Battle League (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD6/Next Level Games)
  7. Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (Nintendo / Tecmo-Koei / Omega Force)
  8. Live A Live (Nintendo / Square Enix)
  9. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / MonolithSoft)
  10. Kirby's Dream Buffet (Nintendo / HAL Laboratory)
  11. Splatoon 3 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 5)
  12. Bayonetta 3 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / PlatinumGames)
  13. Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope (Ubisoft / Ubisoft Milan)
  14. Pokémon Scarlet & Violet (Nintendo / The Pokémon Company / Nintendo EPD 1 / GameFreak)
[~~~2023~~~]
  1. Fire Emblem Engage (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD1 / Intelligent Systems)
  2. Metroid Prime Remastered (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 6 / Retro Studios)
  3. Kirby's Return to Dream Land DX (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD1 / HAL Laboratory / Vanpool?)
  4. Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon (Nintendo/ Nintendo EPD1/PlatinumGames)
  5. Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / Intelligent Systems / WayForward)
  6. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 3 / MonolithSoft)
  7. Pikmin 4 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 10)
  8. Baiten Kaitos I + II HD Remaster (Bandai Namco / Monolift Soft)
  9. Fire Emblem Engage Expansion Pass (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD1 / Intelligent Systems)
  10. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Expansion Pass (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 1 / MonolithSoft)
  11. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass - Waves 4 - 6 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 9/Bandai Namco)
  12. Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 5)
[~~~TBA~~~]

1. Metroid Prime 4 (working title) (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 6 / Retro Studios)
Other threads

Ask the Developer OT
Should we add Nintendo Systems here now as the new division? And also include SRD and Nintendo Pictures?

Or are we waiting for them to be officially credited somewhere first? : )

So what is the goal of the new division? Online/OS work?
This is from initial announcement back in November:

"The objective of the new venture company is to focus on research and development to strengthen the digitization of Nintendo’s business and create “value-added services to further reinforce Nintendo’s relationship with customers.”

“With the integrated hardware-software model at the core of its business, Nintendo also strives to provide enhanced experience and service outside of its dedicated gaming system,” the company said in a statement. “In order to provide this experience in a holistic manner, Nintendo is working to maintain and expand its relationship with consumers primarily through Nintendo Account.”

Should we add Nintendo Systems here now as the new division? And also include SRD and Nintendo Pictures?

Or are we waiting for them to be officially credited somewhere first? : )

SRD and Nintendo Pictures have both already been credited post-acquisition, so there’s nothing to wait for.

This project was announced in 2015 when the two companies began their partnership. I wonder why it took eight years to create this type of joint venture, which seemed to be one of the major objectives of their collaboration. I’m curious to know exactly what they’re going to be working on. A single multiplatform Nintendo account already exists but there are tons of marketing opportunities around the Nintendo community.

This project was announced in 2015 when the two companies began their partnership. I wonder why it took eight years to create this type of joint venture, which seemed to be one of the major objectives of their collaboration. I’m curious to know exactly what they’re going to be working on. A single multiplatform Nintendo account already exists but there are tons of marketing opportunities around the Nintendo community.
Was it in 2015 though? Out of curiosity I read the whole thing and I can't see it mentioned anywhere, they only talked about developing new membership service together which I assume became MyNintendo.

Was it in 2015 though? Out of curiosity I read the whole thing and I can't see it mentioned anywhere, they only talked about developing new membership service together which I assume became MyNintendo.
Nintendo and Dena first collaborated in 2015. this is just an expansion of that collaboration

Given DeNA helped established and manage the Nintendo Account system it only makes sense to strengthen that relationship, as Nintendo begin to emphasize more and more to investors that Nintendo Account services will continue to carry-over onto future hardware.

Yes, it is but this expansion was announced in 2022, not in 2015 as boodream implies.
What I wonder is why it is not already a joint venture that implemented the transition to a centralized Nintendo account. At the time of the formalization of the partnership between Nintendo and DeNa, a lot of people focused on mobile games because that was the big announcement, but Nintendo also already mentioned digital development and multiplatform experiences. When I read the Nintendo Systems presentation, I find that the creation of My Nintendo is already exactly in line with the stated objectives, at least as a first step.

Nintendo Account stuff iirc.
This is from initial announcement back in November:

"The objective of the new venture company is to focus on research and development to strengthen the digitization of Nintendo’s business and create “value-added services to further reinforce Nintendo’s relationship with customers.”

“With the integrated hardware-software model at the core of its business, Nintendo also strives to provide enhanced experience and service outside of its dedicated gaming system,” the company said in a statement. “In order to provide this experience in a holistic manner, Nintendo is working to maintain and expand its relationship with consumers primarily through Nintendo Account.”
Maybe I'm just tired but I'm left questioning what it will actually result in? More reward perks? More NSO game releases through the NES/SNES/N64/GB/GBA, etc? More stable online infrastructure for gaming?

Maybe I'm just tired but I'm left questioning what it will actually result in? More reward perks? More NSO game releases through the NES/SNES/N64/GB/GBA, etc? More stable online infrastructure for gaming?
I suspect we won't explicitly see the results but more feel them subtly

Back
Top Bottom