• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's the thing. Makes me wonder why they did not make this NSO Expansion Pack release as rumored, that would make better sense. Or just scrap it all together, this type of game did not likely cost huge amount of money. There are bunch of projects in EPD that did not make light of the day. It's even funnier when report from Fanbyte mentions that trusted employees from Nintendo were raising alarms that if it releases as it is , it would demage Nintendo's reputation as a software developer.
Maybe they felt like it would be harmful for people to associate this game with NSO

It sounds like they already printed the physical copies, so this "sent to die" release is really just an attempt to liquidate inventory.

Maybe they felt like it would be harmful for people to associate this game with NSO
Yeah, there could've been a lot of "we're paying 50 dollars a year for this?!" reactions had they offered it as part of the Expansion Pack.

If this month does not have updates for DECAPOLICE and Fantasy Life i, I'm gonna assume they're both delayed to 2024. L5 always gives plenty of updates for their upcoming games months prior their release, as they did with Yokai Watch 4 and 3DS Inazuma games. Both game are supposed to be 2023 releases but still not dates or further details. Fantasy Life i could be 4 months away but we know just a little about it.

Regarding the poll, I guess everyone can agree on the latest option because of the terminus ante quem framing. Maybe I should change my vote from June 23rd/July 7th to September 29! :p

Swinging back around to the Persona 3 Remake rumors, I look forward to it being announced for the XBOX/PlayStation at the XBOX event and then we spend the next month or two going "but what about the Switch?" until Atlus finally confirms it for the Switch.

Swinging back around to the Persona 3 Remake rumors, I look forward to it being announced for the XBOX/PlayStation at the XBOX event and then we spend the next month or two going "but what about the Switch?" until Atlus finally confirms it for the Switch.
I feel it’s gonna be an MGSΔ situation where it’ll get announced at the Xbox thing, and then immediately after Atlus will tweet the more generic “Coming to Xbox, Playstaion, Switch and PC!”

I feel it’s gonna be an MGSΔ situation where it’ll get announced at the Xbox thing, and then immediately after Atlus will tweet the more generic “Coming to Xbox, Playstaion, Switch and PC!”
I sure hope so. I don't wanna be teased for a few months like they did with 3/4/5. 😅

I sure hope so. I don't wanna be teased for a few months like they did with 3/4/5. 😅

Maybe Sony is petty and does the same kind of tweet that MS has done after their Showcase. You know, the one showing all the games from the other's event that are coming to their console too.

It was very nice to have those multiplatform confirmations handily in a single image!

It would have been nice if the Persona announcements last year were all done at the same time. I think Xbox showed it first, then the whole "is it coming to switch" drama dragged out for a couple weeks.

I agree. I don't care which presentation it's in, just announce all the platforms at once! Unfortunately, Atlus is probably gonna do what you described.

And now just imagine, someone at Atlus actually gets paid to come up with these "marketing" plans.

Regarding the poll, I guess everyone can agree on the latest option because of the terminus ante quem framing. Maybe I should change my vote from June 23rd/July 7th to September 29! :p
I thought about phrasing it differently but the poll was clunky enough as is. There are worse things than people technically being right

in fact, thanks to stinky horse everyone who voted was technically right! congratulations everyone

I thought about phrasing it differently but the poll was clunky enough as is. There are worse things than people technically being right

in fact, thanks to stinky horse everyone who voted was technically right! congratulations everyone
A rare across the board FamiBoards win

Poll is good, I'm just messing!

Legend of the Stinky Horse being the thing which unites us is only fitting. It's basically our foundational myth.

Maybe it's time for the "when is the Direct?" poll
Yeah, even when it sounds boring. It's time. I would probably go by x week options. Easiest and most straight forward. The last few options could be something like no Direct until August or September (you know this is not gonna happen but just in case some horse want to vote for this).

Stinky Hoss, the new herald of the coming Direct. Move over Chibi Robo and Elmo. There’s a new director of chaos moseying into town.

If this month does not have updates for DECAPOLICE and Fantasy Life i, I'm gonna assume they're both delayed to 2024. L5 always gives plenty of updates for their upcoming games months prior their release, as they did with Yokai Watch 4 and 3DS Inazuma games. Both game are supposed to be 2023 releases but still not dates or further details. Fantasy Life i could be 4 months away but we know just a little about it.

It's not even 3 months since they had Level 5 vision, which seems like a new channel for them to announce and report on games. So I'm not sure if past ways are any indicator on what's up for Level 5. I'd give them a bit more time than a month myself.

But it's also level 5 we're talking about so delays wouldnt be weird no matter :p

Losing track as these summer events begin being announced, what’s the chance of @frog doing another of their amazing mega threads? I’d pay actual real money

Losing track as these summer events begin being announced, what’s the chance of @frog doing another of their amazing mega threads? I’d pay actual real money
The summer events thread was a lot of work to maintain

This site does largely the same thing it seems

FxaQybtWwAE_kpa

O good people of Famiboards,

far too long have we lived under the tyranny of the Direct, its presence lurking like a spectre in the corners of our humble message board, waiting to strike at our hearts and fill them with despair and dismay. Look around you, to your fellow gamers. Look into their eyes and behold the power that the Direct exerts over their spirit. Every facet of our lives has been taken over, every month of the year, every second of the day the cruel finger of the Direct is pressing down on the scale of our fates. We must not turn a blind eye to this despicable state of affairs.

And I ask you, my fellow members of this community: How many of you have ignored the blessings you have received over the course of this generation? Every game you acquired with your heard earned funds only to put it aside into your repository of shame, this "backlog" you speak of. And for what? The prospect of seeing more of these games that will meet the same fate? And is it not the Directs that make us resent our neighbours and suspect them of ill intent? What kind of life is this? No life at all, I say. For a gamer who waits with bated breath to be told what to purchase, what to enjoy... is no gamer at all. They are but a worm, only fit to be crushed under the iron boot of the Direct.

So hear my plea, my brothers and sisters and enby family. It is time for us to break free from the shackles that bind us, these chains that suffocate us, this prison of the heart and the mind. Join me and reject the Direct! And when the Direct comes for you, stand next to your fellow gamers and meet its savage gaze. Say no to this false prophet and its deceitful promises of a better future when we have the opportunity to grasp the present, together, now!

3dcg57u5prg11.png

far too long have we lived under the tyranny of the Direct, its presence lurking like a spectre in the corners of our humble message board, waiting to strike at our hearts and fill them with despair and dismay. Look around you, to your fellow gamers. Look into their eyes and behold the power that the Direct exerts over their spirit. Every facet of our lives has been taken over, every month of the year, every second of the day the cruel finger of the Direct is pressing down on the scale of our fates. We must not turn a blind eye to this despicable state of affairs.

And I ask you, my fellow members of this community: How many of you have ignored the blessings you have received over the course of this generation? Every game you acquired with your heard earned funds only to put it aside into your repository of shame, this "backlog" you speak of. And for what? The prospect of seeing more of these games that will meet the same fate? And is it not the Directs that make us resent our neighbours and suspect them of ill intent? What kind of life is this? No life at all, I say. For a gamer who waits with bated breath to be told what to purchase, what to enjoy... is no gamer at all. They are but a worm, only fit to be crushed under the iron boot of the Direct.

So hear my plea, my brothers and sisters and enby family. It is time for us to break free from the shackles that bind us, these chains that suffocate us, this prison of the heart and the mind. Join me and reject the Direct! And when the Direct comes for you, stand next to your fellow gamers and meet its savage gaze. Say no to this false prophet and its deceitful promises of a better future when we have the opportunity to grasp the present, together, now!

3dcg57u5prg11.png
I literally screamed fuck you at my screen Waluigi

3dcg57u5prg11.png
If Mario can ride in on Yoshi, Waluigi can ride in on Stinky Horse.

Lmao I can't believe they announced a June first party game after all.

Until the moment I checked it was just a promotional image, no trailer right?

I believe they must've made several changes to the game ever since the first time we heard about it, since QA testers weren't really happy with what it was back then.

I hope it ends up being a fun game to play with friends and that highlights the Switch features because it's 30$.

Also, the game absolutely wouldn't be a Direct announcement(nor were Ring Fit, Labo, Gamer Builder Garage, etc), so June is still very much possible and we still don't have games dated after Pikmin 4, and I don't think they're gonna announce their holiday game just like this.

3dcg57u5prg11.png
Brilliant meme aside, this does echo a sentiment that I’ve been harboring for a while. I feel like as a Nintendo fan (and honestly a fan of media in general) I’m always looking for what’s next, even though at any given moment, there’s usually great content for me to consume right then and there. Even now, the long-awaited sequel to one of the greatest video games I’ve ever played is finally in my hands, and I still find myself sucked into the Directmongering cycle yet again. Don’t get me wrong, I love the speculation and shitposting, but I just don’t understand why I’m so hungry for a Direct when I’m less than 15 hours into a game that could last me the rest of this generation.

Brilliant meme aside, this does echo a sentiment that I’ve been harboring for a while. I feel like as a Nintendo fan (and honestly a fan of media in general) I’m always looking for what’s next, even though at any given moment, there’s usually great content for me to consume right then and there. Even now, the long-awaited sequel to one of the greatest video games I’ve ever played is finally in my hands, and I still find myself sucked into the Directmongering cycle yet again. Don’t get me wrong, I love the speculation and shitposting, but I just don’t understand why I’m so hungry for a Direct when I’m less than 15 hours into a game that could last me the rest of this generation.
Yeah, I feel like engaging in Direct speculation for speculation's sake is pretty fun but I treat it as almost a separate thing from how I enjoy games. It's not worth it to expect something that might or might not happen in the hopes that you might see something that appeals to you.

did anyone checkout Gubbs latest gamemess if there was any new insite on Nintendo for the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom