• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God, please not Zippo being right about anything ever.
I feel like it was Emily that opened that door. She didn't say it was happening iirc but that Nintendo knows fans want it. Then something else happened after that someone smarter will remember. So it's not Zippo knowing anything or having an original thought.

There’s too much smoke for TTYD remaster to not be real. TTYD was an obvious choice to remaster. It’s one of the most requested from the GameCube

Honestly, I think that if nothing else we’re getting something for Pikmin 4. Probably the final trailer and/or a showcase, even if Nintendo goes silent for the rest of the month.

If Nintendo ever does a Super Mario MMA game, they should get Islam Makhachev to promote the game. Pay him to even announce the game at the Direct.

That would be a welcome surprise, a brand new Mario sports game they haven’t done before. (Nintendo rarely tries new sports, often sticking to the ones they’ve already done. But who knows.)

Speaking of the possible June Direct, I'm definitely waiting for it to see what Nintendo is actually planning for the latter part of the year.

However, and despite of how much I have been asking for a new more powerful Switch for more than 2 years now, is funny how 2023 is already one of the best years in the Switch lifetime. We got 90 Metacritic score games right from the beginning with the long-awaited remaster of Persona 4 Golden (story-wise better than the overrated P5), a great remake of the great Metroid Prime that dropped out of nowhere, Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed (that also dropped out of nowhere) that perfectly closes the full game and trilogy by pushing the whole package into masterpiece levels and of course, that little jewel called TOTK. Add a few other solid games like Fire Emblem Engage, Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe, Bayonetta Origins, Advance Wars Reboot Camp and yeah, this whole year has been packed and we're not even halfway yet.

If Nintendo drops a few more surprises later this might actually match 2017 in terms of quality.

BOOOOO! If it happens before the superior PM64 remaster.

Where are my Golden Sun remakes anyway Nintendo?
I agree that 64 is better but its easier to remaster TTYD, 64 would require a remake and TBH it really doesn't need it. Actually I would rather have TTYD remade but this time without the blatant padding that exists from the game being rushed (although that would also probably mean the character/enemy designs would be scrubbed like the M&L remakes so...)

Nintendo direct is coming… right fami??? Right …

arnold-schwarzenegger-laughs.gif

We have really come a long way since 2020, at least. Even just in the last year. It'd usually be chaos and panic at this point if we were going into June with this little smoke but it seems like most have just accepted the possibility that we might just get something more low key.

We have really come a long way since 2020, at least. Even just in the last year. It'd usually be chaos and panic at this point if we were going into June with this little smoke but it seems like most have just accepted the possibility that we might just get something more low key.
Zelda being out is definitely helping. It's that good.

I'm shocked that there is a sizable amount of people who think Nintendo would hold back TotK dlc to launch it with a Switch 2 version, the brain rot is real.

That's what happens when you're used to disappointment :)

we've had two summers without shows that led to pretty good software years. plus, Directs as a medium have kind of gone downhill. I think these in conjunction have tempered the enthusiasm, both positive and negative

we've had two summers without shows that led to pretty good software years. plus, Directs as a medium have kind of gone downhill. I think these in conjunction have tempered the enthusiasm, both positive and negative
The last two directs were stellar with tons of great games announced or shown off.

I'm just hoping for Rhythm Heaven Switch to be announced in the next Direct, whenever it will be (hopefully June) 🥺

oh and a new Tomodachi game would be great too!

Only one I can find is a Reddit post from September 2022 quoting a now deleted tweet about "Gamecube fans eating good" which was corroborating what Nate and Emily had said at the time. I don't think he's said or even alluded to anything like that since.

Which...also links right back here to Direct Speculation ST3. If this isn't confirmed by September then it must have just been some echoing feedback loop that led us all to erroneously believe Nintendo actually cares about Gamecube games at all (Metroid Prime Remastered was a one off fluke because MP4 is sooner to getting a release date with every passing day...until it comes to the point it gets rebooted again).

Only one I can find is a Reddit post from September 2022 quoting a now deleted tweet about "Gamecube fans eating good" which was corroborating what Nate and Emily had said at the time. I don't think he's said or even alluded to anything like that since.

Which...also links right back here to Direct Speculation ST3. If this isn't confirmed by September then it must have just been some echoing feedback loop that led us all to erroneously believe Nintendo actually cares about Gamecube games at all (Metroid Prime Remastered was a one off fluke because MP4 is sooner to getting a release date with every passing day...until it comes to the point it gets rebooted again).

It’s not that Nintendo specifically “cares” about Gamecube games, it’s that they need some kind of easy ports to fill up the schedule now that they’ve drained the Wii U library.

Yeah, the last couple general directs were kind of disappointing from a first party standpoint (even being a die hard Pikmin fan). I think the only new first party games announced in the past year have been Pikmin 4 and Fire Emblem? Not to knock the revisiting of old games via ports/remasters/NSO. And maybe I'm blanking on something. But it's also not surprising given the age of the system and that'll surely start changing once we get into the next gen stuff. I think they'll manage fine with 2 general directs a year either way. The overall software lineup will end up solid regardless.

It’s not that Nintendo specifically “cares” about Gamecube games, it’s that they need some kind of easy ports to fill up the schedule now that they’ve drained the Wii U library.
They can still drop Devil's Third on us

I've just been waiting for that era of games to get their chance to shine again since 2011 when the Wii U should have had Gamecube VC that it feels immensely overdue. On the outset I agree it makes sense that after Wii U Games have all been ported to Switch, most Wii games need to update the controls before the graphics are even brought into the HD era so Gamecube is the next safest bet. Even in spite of Super Mario Sunshine (for sale all of six months) and Metroid Prime Remaster, these rumours of F-Zero GX and Paper Mario and WW/TP feels like a pipe dream like people are intentionally fucking with me specifically.

Which is incredibly unrealistic as if I'm the only Gamecube fan on Earth (but some days it do feel like it outside of internet spheres and I'm sure other coobers would agree with that feeling). I've just gotten got too many times before and I don't want my hopes dashed yet again. I'm too old for that.

The last two directs were stellar with tons of great games announced or shown off.
They were still good overall but they didn’t feel as special as a lot of Directs in the past. I think partially that’s due to pacing and style, and partially due to Zelda eating all the “last reveals” which as good as TOTK is took away some of that big surprise feeling. I’d definitely still rate them well, but not what I would call stellar.

The 83rd Annual General Meeting of Shareholders​

Date and Time: Friday, June 23, 2023 at 10 a.m. Japan time
(reception will open at 9 a.m.) Place: Exhibition Hall 3, Kyoto International Exhibition Hall “Miyako Messe”, Floor 3
9-1, Okazaki Seishojicho, Sakyo-ku Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, Japan

Lol, they are even doing Shareholders meeting a week earlier than usually this time. I talked about this earlier that it means nothing for new announcements since when they are doing earnings they can do Direct literally week after that or day after. But the idea that they are going to speak to their investors, dodging questions about hardware and saying "we have more titles later this year" while only having 2 games on their schedule, one releasing month from that point and other just .png logo with TBA on it it's the funniest copypasta ever made.

General Nintendo Direct - June 15th
Pikmin 4 Direct - June 21st

More confident than ever. It's literally impossible for them to have only 1 game dated game and talk to them like it's normal, while saying that they want to sell 15M Switches this FY. It does not matter how great Tears sold, they can't have only two games in their pipeline, even Wii U had 3.

People talk about how "Nintendo's marketing still focuses on Zelda" and that is not especially true, for example NOA account last tweeted about Zelda on May 20th. Only Nintendo UK/Europe are tweeting about Zelda, while their biggest account is not. Mid-June, month after the game is out is a lot of time to focus on something else, Zelda does not need time to breathe, like Animal Crossing.

Last edited:
I also feel confident we are getting the Direct before the shareholders meeting. People will be getting out of the Zelda black hole over the next two weeks and will soon be asking more loudly what's next. I adore Pikmin, but it can't get us to 15 million Switches alone. We need to start filling in the back half of the year.

I have the feeling Prime 4 will be like System Shock, after years of hell the game comes out and it is awesome because they make the decsion of redo the game from Zero instead of triyng to use something from the the og project

(reception will open at 9 a.m.) Place: Exhibition Hall 3, Kyoto International Exhibition Hall “Miyako Messe”, Floor 3

Lol, they are even doing Shareholders meeting a week earlier than usually this time. I talked about this earlier that it means nothing for new announcements since when they are doing earnings they can do Direct literally week after that or day after. But the idea that they are going to speak to their investors, dodging questions about hardware and saying "we have more titles later this year" while only having 2 games on their schedule, one releasing month from that point and other just .png logo with TBA on it it's the funniest copypasta ever made.

More confident than ever. It's literally impossible for them to have only 1 game dated game and talk to them like it's normal, while saying that they want to sell 15M Switches this FY. It does not matter how great Tears sold, they can't have only two games in their pipeline, even Wii U had 3.

People talk about how "Nintendo's marketing still focuses on Zelda" and that is not especially true, for example NOA account last tweeted about Zelda on May 20th. Only Nintendo UK/Europe are tweeting about Zelda, while their biggest account is not. Mid-June, month after the game is out is a lot of time to focus on something else, Zelda does not need time to breathe, like Animal Crossing.
Yup, this is exactly what I expect now. Also, I think 1 whole month is plenty of time to let Zelda breathe. Note that that is just the marketing breathe and not the actual game breathe, because Pikmin 4 won't be out for another month at the time of the direct so anyone looking to pick up a shiny new game at the start of summer still has Zelda as their primary option.

I have a feeling the people who think the next direct will finally be the one that doesn't end in Zelda will be disappointed. I can see a world where TotK DLC closes the June direct.

They've kept everything around the idea of TotK DLC very quiet so far.

You say that thing now about the enthusiasm, but all it takes is one little tease from Nate or Grubb and we're back in full frenzy mode

Yup, this basically makes me 100% confident that a General Direct or some sort will happen in June before the meeting.

I'm also predicting to see FE4 remake announced too.

Another prediction: Persona 3 Remake which has been leaked is going to be announced at Xbox show 11th June. Atlus will not confirm it will be coming to Switch until Nintendo's Direct like last year with P3-5.

I'M BEGINNING TO BELIEVE.

As seen from the sales update this month, Nintendo also counts DLC as new software. So lineup they'd present would be:
Pikmin 4
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass 2 waves of DLC
Splatoon 3 DLC 1 wave
Pokemon Scarlet/Violet 2 waves of DLC
Hell, they could even throw in Mario + Rabbids SoH DLC
And of course Metroid Prime 4

That's not as bad as 2 games.

https://i.postimg.cc/G2qjQzP4/image.png

As seen from the sales update this month, Nintendo also counts DLC as new software. So lineup they'd present would be:
Pikmin 4
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass 2 waves of DLC
Splatoon 3 DLC 1 wave
Pokemon Scarlet/Violet 2 waves of DLC
Hell, they could even throw in Mario + Rabbids SoH DLC
And of course Metroid Prime 4

That's not as bad as 2 games.

https://i.postimg.cc/G2qjQzP4/image.png
There’s a separate text only release calendar they’ve published for years that only lists full games they publish broken down by region. It’s generally more important than the slides since it always shows every full game, not just highlights like the powerpoint slide here. That calendar will be just Pikmin 4 and Metroid Prime 4 as things stand.

My uncle who works at Nintendo explaining to investors next month how Stinky Horse will sell 15 million Switches and carry H2:

MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom