• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually forgot that Pikmin 4 was announced for 2023, I thought it was TBA, MP4 style, and I was kinda expecting it for 2024.

With all the remasters the 3 party and Nintendo seems to have prepared for this year it really looks like that the next direct can really be like 30 minutes of remasters/port

I mean even wuthout leaks it seems that basically all companies have some kind of remasters or port for this year

Forspoken is going to "flop" anyway no matter what if SQEX keeps their attitude about how these types of games ought to perform from the days of their TR reboot.

Not gonna buy it myself unless I can turn off the bloody in-game dialogue or have it trimmed down to the necessary bits, the world and gameplay look interesting but ffs I cannot stand how "late aughts Western AAA" the dialogue sounds.
If it makes any difference, there is an option you can toggle that affects how much the chars are chatty.

Can't help but hope the Baten Kaitos thing is true, even though I'd never heard from that website before.

I do hope Nintendo also gives The Last Story another chance one day. Such a good little game with a tight battle system and a really likeable cast.
Come on, Nintendo, release the Gooch

Supposing new HW is due FY2024/25, here is a new prediction of FY2023/24 first party releases:

April: Advance Wars 1+2 (West Only), Everybody’s 1 2 Switch, Metroid Prime 1 HD
May: Zelda TOTK
June: F-Zero GX HD
July: New 2D Mario
August: Baten Kaitos HD
September: Punch Out Wii! HD
October: Pikmin 4
November: Metroid Prime 4
December: Style Saavy 5
January: Kirby Air Ride HD
February: DK 3D Country
March: Kid Icarus Uprising HD

FY2024/25 will start Switch 2 titles like new Mario Kart or Mario 3D but also feature cross gen original games like a new 2D Zelda or Pokémon RPG, in addition to new remasters/remakes.

Arlo is the worst if you want to hear logical predictions.

(Or pretty much everything else).
Arlo is only good imo when he talks about the hyper-specific things that interest him. His 4-hour review of Pikmin 1 was actually very enjoyable. He has a few select, niche things that he really loves and it can be fun to hear him talk about those things, but when he tries to speak about Nintendo as a whole or the industry or anything else, you realize he really doesn't know what he's talking about at all.

Alright folks it's Wednesday. We have 3 hours to see if we have to wait 'till next week or not. This is the release week of Fire Emblem, but there've been times in the past where a Direct was announced extremely close to a major release (and they'd have like a 30 second blurb on it to say go buy it). Here's hoping this is one of those times!

Arlo is only good imo when he talks about the hyper-specific things that interest him. His 4-hour review of Pikmin 1 was actually very enjoyable. He has a few select, niche things that he really loves and it can be fun to hear him talk about those things, but when he tries to speak about Nintendo as a whole or the industry or anything else, you realize he really doesn't know what he's talking about at all.
I've said before, and stand by, the only reason Arlo got big was due to the puppet gimmick. Don't get me wrong it's a great gimmick, but his actual content almost always comes across amateur hour. His insights often feel like Arlo went to gamefaqs and made a thread like "why do people like/dislike ___" and then argues those points in a video.

I've said before, and stand by, the only reason Arlo got big was due to the puppet gimmick. Don't get me wrong it's a great gimmick, but his actual content almost always comes across amateur hour. His insights often feel like Arlo went to gamefaqs and made a thread like "why do people like/dislike ___" and then argues those points in a video.
Oh absolutely. I also think the puppet is the main reason why people are so nice and forgiving to him even when he is blatantly wrong about something. They don't see the man behind the channel, they see a cute puppet, and they don't want to be mean to something that reminds them of their childhood.

We’re talking about Arlo again huh

I like Arlo. Mostly cause of the puppet for sure, I’m a sucker for Muppets, but his tastes align with mine pretty well and it’s fun to feel validated when he likes or doesn’t like something.

Supposing new HW is due FY2024/25, here is a new prediction of FY2023/24 first party releases:

FY2024/25 will start Switch 2 titles like new Mario Kart or Mario 3D but also feature cross gen original games like a new 2D Zelda or Pokémon RPG, in addition to new remasters/remakes.
That would be a great line-up and it seems quite realistic. Maybe I would swap 2D Mario with Pikmin 4. Based on rumors 2D Mario is a big "?" since it is huge and supposedly no other huge release is planned this year.
I really hope MP4 is indeed still a switch game and releasing this year would be great but 2 MP games the same year seems a bit much. My guess is it will be one or the other but not both the same year (if mp1 still exists/is not cancelled)

No new IP's? This late in a console life is the perfect timeframe to do some. Immense install base will help no name games gain traction quickly. Maybe not directly from Nintendo but through some partner studios. Nintendo x Team Ninja? Nintendo x Soleil? Nintendo x CyberConnect2? Nintendo x Sandlot?

I have a question, if the Direct isnt soon then do you guys think it will it be before the next earnings call? I would think they´d want to do it before since Switch sales started slowing down some time ago and they want to have strong news behind them

I hope someday we will see Cruis'n Trilogy HD.
I was so happy to see Cruis'n Blast during a Nintendo e3 Direct (and I love the game).
I’d like Nintendo to form/buy/dedicate a team to their arcade racers. Have them always working on Cruis’n or Wave Race or 1080° or Excite!! _____ or something.

I thought Monster Games would have been perfect.

This isn’t a smoking gun or anything but I feel it’s worth thinking about. Capcom should be announcing a Resident Evil showcase fairly soon due to the Resident Evil 4 remake coming in March. I think there’s a chance this may help with identifying when the Direct is coming due to the following:

“Masachika Kawata added that the team is preparing several promotions for Resident Evil 4 remake before release and also speaks in the announcement of several Capcom games for 2023, including more Resident Evil games.”

It’s too early for Resident Evil 9 I reckon, so there’s a chance this could be in regards to the potential Outbreak remaster (which you’d assume would get a switch port) or the “Revelations 3” Rebecca Chambers game that was meant to be a RE switch. Although it did seem like that project had been canned. It also could be something completely different.

IF there’s something RE coming this year for Switch then I think we’d likely see it at a Direct first. Capcom did this last year with the Cloud ports of RE2,3,7&8. First appeared at a direct, then covered again at the Resident Evil showcase. The showcase will mainly be about RE4 so I think having the official reveal at a Direct then just touching on it during the RE showcase would make the most sense.

Like I said, nothing huge here but if we get an RE showcase announcement date before a direct date I think we’d at least know the latest date that the direct would be.

Or I could be completely wrong about it all! That’s the game, baby 😎.

Can't help but hope the Baten Kaitos thing is true, even though I'd never heard from that website before.

I do hope Nintendo also gives The Last Story another chance one day. Such a good little game with a tight battle system and a really likeable cast.
Come on, Nintendo, release the Gooch
+1 for the Last Story remake.

Also I believe in the Baten Kairos thing. Why? Because I really want it to be true.

I’ve never played Baten Kaitos. But it looks like my type of game.

Card base and Monolith Soft style? I’m in.

Make both available. I heard the Prequel is better

I’ve never played Baten Kaitos. But it looks like my type of game.

Card base and Monolith Soft style? I’m in.

Make both available. I heard the Prequel is better

Baten Kaitos is great. It's chefkiss.

Origins is stellar. Chefkiss with sugar on it

This isn’t a smoking gun or anything but I feel it’s worth thinking about. Capcom should be announcing a Resident Evil showcase fairly soon due to the Resident Evil 4 remake coming in March. I think there’s a chance this may help with identifying when the Direct is coming due to the following:

“Masachika Kawata added that the team is preparing several promotions for Resident Evil 4 remake before release and also speaks in the announcement of several Capcom games for 2023, including more Resident Evil games.”

It’s too early for Resident Evil 9 I reckon, so there’s a chance this could be in regards to the potential Outbreak remaster (which you’d assume would get a switch port) or the “Revelations 3” Rebecca Chambers game that was meant to be a RE switch. Although it did seem like that project had been canned. It also could be something completely different.

IF there’s something RE coming this year for Switch then I think we’d likely see it at a Direct first. Capcom did this last year with the Cloud ports of RE2,3,7&8. First appeared at a direct, then covered again at the Resident Evil showcase. The showcase will mainly be about RE4 so I think having the official reveal at a Direct then just touching on it during the RE showcase would make the most sense.

Like I said, nothing huge here but if we get an RE showcase announcement date before a direct date I think we’d at least know the latest date that the direct would be.

Or I could be completely wrong about it all! That’s the game, baby 😎.
I'm sorry, but Capcom doesn't have any big games planned for Switch. The most you can expect is a new Mega Man or Ace Attorney and that's it.
Pretty sure the rumours about a Switch-bound RE were all debunked after the hack.

I'm sorry, but Capcom doesn't have any big games planned for Switch. The most you can expect is a new Mega Man or Ace Attorney and that's it.
Pretty sure the rumours about a Switch-bound RE were all debunked after the hack.

I wouldn’t expect the Outbreak project to be a big game to be honest. It seems like a smaller deal, especially when anything RE releasing the same year as RE4 is going to be overshadowed by it. Regardless I was just spitballing. I’m sure more RE will end up on switch eventually - even if that’s after new hardware.

nintendogs mobile for ios/android... (?)

I say this with the utmost love to pikmin

but if pikmin can get a mobile title, so can nintendogs lol

it's such a good fit for translating the planned "walks" to your IRL neighborhood, I can't wait

I wouldn’t expect the Outbreak project to be a big game to be honest. It seems like a smaller deal, especially when anything RE releasing the same year as RE4 is going to be overshadowed by it. Regardless I was just spitballing. I’m sure more RE will end up on switch eventually - even if that’s after new hardware.
If you are referring to the rumoured RE "Outrage", the Capcom leak apparently showed that it was some kind of multiplayer spinoff for PS4/XB1 and not the Switch exclusive that DuskGolem was originally claiming it would be.

As for more RE games coming, if it's on new hardware then it's not on Switch and the next gen console will most likely just receive ports of 7,8 and 2,3,4 remakes - maybe it could receive 9 together with the other consoles, but who knows.

Arlo is the worst if you want to hear logical predictions.

(Or pretty much everything else).
While true, I think this statement / the general hate on him misses the point of his channel being entertainment focused

For eg. I have plenty of other sources I go to for "quality" predictions and sources, but still revisit arlo for the year end/start videos to capture that classic Nintendo fan hype childlike hype that we all have inside us. Gives me hope for those crazy megaton moments that Ninty still manages to pull even when we think we know their plans to a tee.

While true, I think this statement / the general hate on him misses the point of his channel being entertainment focused

For eg. I have plenty of other sources I go to for "quality" predictions and sources, but still revisit arlo for the year end/start videos to capture that classic Nintendo fan hype childlike hype that we all have inside us. Gives me hope for those crazy megaton moments that Ninty still manages to pull even when we think we know their plans to a tee.
I think the enjoyable thing for me is that, even keeping track of leaks and rumours and hiring calls and development chat, there absolutely still are complete surprises. Advance Wars, for example, was completely out of the blue. Just a shame we don't have it yet.

I have plenty of other sources I go to for "quality" predictions and sources, but still revisit arlo for the year end/start videos to capture that classic Nintendo fan hype childlike hype that we all have inside us. Gives me hope for those crazy megaton moments that Ninty still manages to pull even when we think we know their plans to a tee.
This is 100% correct, although is predictions this time around are REALLY tame, like, only TWO games are releasing after Zelda FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR?? If he was someone from here being pessimistic cuz we’re winding down, I’d get it, but he literally says we’re still getting the Switch Pro this year (although this was recorded before Digital Foundry said anything)

Don't threaten me with a good time

This is 100% correct, although is predictions this time around are REALLY tame, like, only TWO games are releasing after Zelda FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR?? If he was someone from here being pessimistic cuz we’re winding down, I’d get it, but he literally says we’re still getting the Switch Pro this year (although this was recorded before Digital Foundry said anything)
That's the big reason why I stopped watching arlo, he's extremely pessimistic on nintendo every time he wants to predict something, it almost feels like he thinks nintendo doesn't want to make games.
I think one of his worst prediction was a luigi's mansion multiplayer spin off for 2019 which didn't make any sense other than just being negative for the sake of it.
It just gets tiring and then I just stopped watching.

Looks like Arlo is on Team January😅

Love Arlo's content, but, uh...oof. Setting aside that he outright forgot multiple things, this would straight up be the worst year for the console yet, even with Zelda. Only two games in H2, and they're Tomodachi Life and Mario & Luigi? That would be brutal, and I love both of those franchises.

That's the big reason why I stopped watching arlo, he's extremely pessimistic on nintendo every time he wants to predict something, it almost feels like he thinks nintendo doesn't want to make games.
I think one of his worst prediction was a luigi's mansion multiplayer spin off for 2019 which didn't make any sense other than just being negative for the sake of it.
It just gets tiring and then I just stopped watching.
I totally feel this

predictions here are always a cut above but sometimes I'm still convinced sometimes people say things because they think nintendo sucks

I'm not saying those are bad games, but let's be honest in terms of scope, budget and sales they are far below series like Resident Evil, Street Fighter, etc.
Imagine caring about scope and budget, couldn't be me.

I want both my shooty and pointy man.

I'm not saying those are bad games, but let's be honest in terms of scope, budget and sales they are far below series like Resident Evil, Street Fighter, etc.
That's what "Taisen", whatever it may be, seeks to change. What little we know is that Capcom will be spending the most they've ever had on the brand (granted, that's still around what they did for something like MH Stories), which makes me think they're ready to try something a bit different. And as much as I want a X9/ZX3/new 2D/12/etc. too, it's actually pretty exciting to know they want to do something more ambitious with the brand than what they've done in the last decade and some change.

Of course, we're not likely going to hear anything about that much until the MMBN collection is released, at the earliest. Capcom is still playing catchup after the pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom