• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok here's a direct prediction, TOTK will only get a few seconds game play clip with announcement of a TOTK dedicated direct in late February or early march

How does that work? I mean, is there some kind of "contest" between several third party developers so then Nintendo decides who is in the Direct (like an emperor with gladiators), or does Nintendo contact just the exact developers they want for each Direct?
Edit: Nvm. Poster not fluent in English so they mistranslated what they meant.

Last edited:
How does that work? I mean, is there some kind of "contest" between several third party developers so then Nintendo decides who is in the Direct (like an emperor with gladiators), or does Nintendo contact just the exact developers they want for each Direct?
Are you asking how does a company get selected to be part of a Direct presentation?

Tbh I lost track of the patterns. Last one was in September which was a while ago so January makes sense but at the same time they might drop it after Engage, but didn’t they have directs during the same month of major releases in the past? Either way I’m honestly not itching for a direct right now, the last few months have been very stacked and next week we’ll finally get Persona 4 Golden, I’ve waited years for this to be on a console that’s not the Vita. Now the one game I need to know about though is Silksong, whether it’s in January or February I don’t care, I just hope it shadowdrops at least two months before Zelda releases but even that game might show up in the Xbox event instead

Honestly… I’m not really excited for a Direct at the moment. It’s why I’ve been barely participating in this thread, cause I just can’t feel any hype toward it. Especially with new hardware being so, so far off into the horizon (and honestly with all the snide and hyperbolic remarks regarding anyone who wants new hardware).

Also doesn’t help that I legit can’t remember the last time Nintendo truly ‘surprised’ me. Both in a literal sense and in a ‘they did more than I would have expected from them’ sense. Seems like literally everything they do nowadays has to come with some caveat, or some tempering of expectations, or some massive wait, and all that really hurts my excitement for future Nintendo stuff. Even Pikmin 4 felt a bit meh, and that’s bloody Pikmin!

Sorry to be a downer but I’m just not having a great day and I wanted to vent a little.

Last edited:
Tbh I lost track of the patterns. Last one was in September which was a while ago so January makes sense but at the same time they might drop it after Engage, but didn’t they have directs during the same month of major releases in the past? Either way I’m honestly not itching for a direct right now, the last few months have been very stacked and next week we’ll finally get Persona 4 Golden, I’ve waited years for this to be on a console that’s not the Vita. Now the one game I need to know about though is Silksong, whether it’s in January or February I don’t care, I just hope it shadowdrops at least two months before Zelda releases but even that game might show up in the Xbox event instead
patterns got shook a little last year. Still a 1st Q direct but nothing during E3. Indie directs occurred at different times. With that said the September direct remained true. Nintendo is a little harder to predict using trends nowadays.
Honestly… I’m not really excited for a Direct at the moment. It’s why I’ve been barely participating in this thread, cause I just can’t feel any hype toward it. Especially with new hardware being so, so far off into the horizon (and honestly with all the snide and hyperbolic remarks regarding anyone who wants new hardware).

Also doesn’t help that I legit can’t remember the last time Nintendo truly ‘surprised’ me. Both in a literal sense and in a ‘they did more than I would have expected from them’ sense. Seems like literally everything they do nowadays has to come with some caveat, or some tempering of expectations, or some massive wait, and all that really hurts my excitement. Even Pikmin 4 felt a bit meh, and that’s bloody Pikmin!

Sorry to be a downer but I’m just not having a great day and I wanted to vent a little.
I feel you there.

Also doesn’t help that I legit can’t remember the last time Nintendo truly ‘surprised’ me. Both in a literal sense and in a ‘they did more than I would have expected from them’ sense. Seems like literally everything they do nowadays has to come with some caveat, or some tempering of expectations, or some massive wait, and all that really hurts my excitement. Even Pikmin 4 felt a bit meh, and that’s bloody Pikmin!

I can understand this. Unfortunately it might continue to be in this vein for a bit in the leadup to new hardware, but IMO new hardware time is when things are the most interesting (the Switch reveal event is still my favorite thing in recent memory). And we know that's coming at least sort of somewhat soon? And at the very least we have a ginormous Zelda game coming to fill a big gap. Zelda news and anticipation will do a lot for the Nintendo community once they finally start to talk about it.

Since 2015, it's a little known secret that someone on your development team has to complete Champions Road in 3D World before Nintendo will acknowledge your submission for a Direct.

It's why Retro Studios hasn't shown anything in 8 years.

I can understand this. Unfortunately it might continue to be in this vein for a bit in the leadup to new hardware, but IMO new hardware time is when things are the most interesting (the Switch reveal event is still my favorite thing in recent memory). And we know that's coming at least sort of somewhat soon? And at the very least we have a ginormous Zelda game coming to fill a big gap. Zelda news and anticipation will do a lot for the Nintendo community once they finally start to talk about it.
I dunno, TotK is weird for me because - after BotW’s trailers spoiled soooo much - I’m not sure I want to get that involved in the hype this time. The issue is, TotK has not had that ‘This is the reason we made this game’ (well, outside of it being BotW2 lol) trailer yet, and I fear that when it does the spoilers will come with it. I’m 100% excited for the game, but not so much for the marketing materials before it.

And with new hardware, I think it does hurt especially here cause - honestly - my trust in Nintendo to make that transition exciting is at an all time low. The likelihood that it comes out at the latest possible moment only makes that worse. Frankly right now I’m just hoping we don’t have to argue about “Whether Nintendo was right to arbitrarily limit Backwards Compatability and not give any of their older games upgrades.”

People are gonna come for ur head if there’s nothing in June 😬

If there's an E3 this year, Nintendo will do a Direct for it.

The only reason we didn't get one last year is because there wasn't an E3 and Nintendo doesn't do that Summer Game Fest thing Geoff has.

EDIT: Actually, I take that back, E3 is organized by a different group from now on so this might change things.

I dunno, TotK is weird for me because - after BotW’s trailers spoiled soooo much - I’m not sure I want to get that involved in the hype this time. The issue is, TotK has not had that ‘This is the reason we made this game’ (well, outside of it being BotW2 lol) trailer yet, and I fear that when it does the spoilers will come with it. I’m 100% excited for the game, but not so much for the marketing materials before it.

And with new hardware, I think it does hurt especially here cause - honestly - my trust in Nintendo to make that transition exciting is at an all time low. The likelihood that it comes out at the latest possible moment only makes that worse. Frankly right now I’m just hoping we don’t have to argue about “Whether Nintendo was right to arbitrarily limit Backwards Compatability and not give any of their older games upgrades.”
I personally wouldn't worry about the backwards compatibility bit, since we have some inkling of Nintendo integrating their current software to next gen. Plus, it wouldn't make sense for them to limit BC, when they're very likely to carry over the Switch's form factor.
nintendo-future-hardware-scaled.jpg

If there's an E3 this year, Nintendo will do a Direct for it.

The only reason we didn't get one last year is because there wasn't an E3 and Nintendo doesn't do that Summer Game Fest thing Geoff has.

EDIT: Actually, I take that back, E3 is organized by a different group from now on so this might change things.
Yo,I didn’t actually think about that.

Since 2015, it's a little known secret that someone on your development team has to complete Champions Road in 3D World before Nintendo will acknowledge your submission for a Direct.

Nowadays, you only need to complete breath of the wild without armor and with a stick.

I personally wouldn't worry about the backwards compatibility bit, since we have some inkling of Nintendo integrating their current software to next gen. Plus, it wouldn't make sense for them to limit BC, when they're very likely to carry over the Switch's form factor.
nintendo-future-hardware-scaled.jpg
Oh, I’m not worrying too much about BC itself. That would be a gargantuan fail if they didn’t include it.

I’m mainly just not confident that they’ll do anything more than the bare minimum. That being ‘it runs Switch games but with no automatic boosts to variable resolutions/ framerates, and no patched upgrades.”

So basically making it so that the only real reason to buy a Switch 2 software-wise would be Switch 2 software. It’d really suck in the era of free upgrade patches and the like.

Oh, I’m not worrying too much about BC itself. That would be a gargantuan fail if they didn’t include it.

I’m mainly just not confident that they’ll do anything more than the bare minimum. That being ‘it runs Switch games but with no automatic boosts to variable resolutions/ framerates, and no patched upgrades.”

So basically making it so that the only real reason to buy a Switch 2 software-wise would be Switch 2 software. It’d really suck in the era of free upgrade patches and the like.
Ohhhhhh, gotcha. I've been holding out for a performance boost since Age of Calamity and I've been wanting it more with games like Persona 5 Strikers, really wanna play it in 60fps without starting over on my PS4.

Do I need to submit proof that I beat it like 9 years ago or will they take my word for it?

Also doesn’t help that I legit can’t remember the last time Nintendo truly ‘surprised’ me. Both in a literal sense and in a ‘they did more than I would have expected from them’ sense. Seems like literally everything they do nowadays has to come with some caveat, or some tempering of expectations, or some massive wait, and all that really hurts my excitement for future Nintendo stuff. Even Pikmin 4 felt a bit meh, and that’s bloody Pikmin!

People that make these comments are living in the real world. Wanting new hardware is valid but constantly complaining about current hardware is a fools quest. It doesn't change anything. When nintendo decides to release hardware is out of our control. Go out and buy or play the games you like and don't let others I fluence your decision.

First time this year I've seen Nintendo Direct trend on Twitter with no actual announcement. I'm sure it won't be the last.

Irrelevant to the thread, but I kinda like that you can't "Yeah" your own posts like on social media. It's probably insignificant, but it's nice that users can't fellate themselves.

Gamexplain was my favorite of the communist YouTube channels. Nothing says communist like the owner stiffing the workers on their payments and requiring them to work insane hours to meet deadlines all while aggrandizing themselves.

Irrelevant to the thread, but I kinda like that you can't "Yeah" your own posts like on social media. It's probably insignificant, but it's nice that users can't fellate themselves.
Even more prescient considering you get FamiCoins for a certain number of “yeahs”. Could unfairly put yourself over the top and maybe be able to pay Wario his fee for the gold banner.

Even more prescient considering you get FamiCoins for a certain number of “yeahs”. Could unfairly put yourself over the top and maybe be able to pay Wario his fee for the gold banner.
So that's where they come from; what are they even used for?

So that's where they come from; what are they even used for?
They come from getting yeahs on posts and posting 200 character comments or 500 character threads. There is an admin post in R&D section. Basically you can use them to get colored fonts for your name right now. It might expand to other rewards but not sure when/if that is happening. It’s mainly a fun engagement tool for longer, more thought out posts.

They come from getting yeahs on posts and posting 200 character comments or 500 character threads. There is an admin post in R&D section. Basically you can use them to get colored fonts for your name right now. It might expand to other rewards but not sure when/if that is happening. It’s mainly a fun engagement tool for longer, more thought out posts.
Neat.

Yeah I don't understand why it's trending. I saw a few people posting their YouTube speculation videos under the trend trying to capitalize on it but it doesn't seem like there's any real basis to any rumors

Direct trending on Shitter right now is basically a flying hot hopium (instead of air) balloon.
Is it, though? I mean, it IS Direct season, even if that means it'll come out next month. We tend to get two to three presentations around this time with Pokemon and Indies coming first, so as annoying as it's going to get, the hype is somewhat warranted. Sorry if that was a little wordy.

Yeah I don't understand why it's trending. I saw a few people posting their YouTube speculation videos under the trend trying to capitalize on it but it doesn't seem like there's any real basis to any rumors
Eh, just the nature of the beast at this point.

Gamexplain was my favorite of the communist YouTube channels. Nothing says communist like the owner stiffing the workers on their payments and requiring them to work insane hours to meet deadlines all while aggrandizing themselves.

🔥Vocabulary 🔥

Twitter trending is customized to your profiled interests, most of the "trends" are just shit it thinks you care about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom