• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gifs you can hear

AnotherMixedAnemone-size_restricted.gif

Would You Rather: Remaining Wii U Ports Edition

Xenoblade Chronicles X, but all the music has been replaced by the New LA - Day theme. All of it.

Or

WWHD and TPHD, but the cel-shading has been completely removed from the former, and the bloom has been turned up 10x in the latter

Choose one, or neither will happen :devilish:

Tomorrow is a holiday in Japan we already talked about this so shaddup. Maybe we get something at 8PM EST, and we could also get the English Engage overview trailer, but don’t wake up tomorrow expecting F-Zero news (actually don’t wake up any day expecting absurd things like that)

This guy mean anything to anyone? I feel stupid even point to some newbie “source” but I saw this on my YT recommended and was curious

I’ve seen ‘Paul Gale’ pop up for ages but not as a source for anything. Just a dude eager to promote his brand.

If there's a game specific Nintendo Direct this month just what game would it be? Fire Emblem was already promoted enough and there's not much to be marketed as of now, I think? Bayo spin off seems Twitter related stuff and Kirby doesn't really need much more as it's a remake.

If there's a game specific Nintendo Direct this month just what game would it be? Fire Emblem was already promoted enough and there's not much to be marketed as of now, I think? Bayo spin off seems Twitter related stuff and Kirby doesn't really need much more as it's a remake.
Zelda

let's all partake in the japanese "coming of age day" holiday on monday by not doing any word searches or mazes

It's the 9th already in Japan so why are we saying "tomorrow". Timezones, people!

Anyway, I think a game-specific direct is well out of the question for January; especially for something as big as Zelda. They've put out like 20 overview trailers for Fire Emblem already so that doesn't need one, and there's no motivation to distract from the game's launch by showing off something that might take attention away from the product that needs the eyes most. Maybe The Pokemon Company will decide they don't care about the marketing plans for other games and do a Pokemon Presents like in 2020; but those technically aren't Directs so my thoughts still stand.

Maybe the only plausible outcome would be a Metroid Direct; that'd be small enough to sneak by without taking the spotlight away from the bigger launch (Engage).

This guy mean anything to anyone? I feel stupid even point to some newbie “source” but I saw this on my YT recommended and was curious

Idk I feel if Nate has said recently (think he said yesterday) that so far he hasn’t heard anything about a January direct, I don’t see why I should believe anything otherwise. Never heard of this guy before, personally wouldn’t put any value into him saying there will be something in January.

In saying that, I think a dedicated direct (Pokémon, or whatever) to drop in January is likely, you don’t really need an inside source to predict that.

I thought we were due for a Hollow Knight sequel release date soon ?
Supposedly before June. As Microsoft's 'E3' show last year said everything shown that day would come out before the next show. Even xbox ads still show Silksong for gamepass. So, unless Team Cherry just needs more time, then it should be between now and June. Either way, I do think it will come out in 2023.

Pokémon needs a DLC announcement. Pokémon day in February is likely, but they announced the SwSh DLC in early January in 2020

Pokémon needs a DLC announcement. Pokémon day in February is likely, but they announced the SwSh DLC in early January in 2020

I thought about that Pokémon Direct early January 2020 too, but I wonder if this time around they will just wait until Pokémon Day, indeed.

It's the 9th already in Japan so why are we saying "tomorrow". Timezones, people!

Anyway, I think a game-specific direct is well out of the question for January; especially for something as big as Zelda. They've put out like 20 overview trailers for Fire Emblem already so that doesn't need one, and there's no motivation to distract from the game's launch by showing off something that might take attention away from the product that needs the eyes most. Maybe The Pokemon Company will decide they don't care about the marketing plans for other games and do a Pokemon Presents like in 2020; but those technically aren't Directs so my thoughts still stand.

Maybe the only plausible outcome would be a Metroid Direct; that'd be small enough to sneak by without taking the spotlight away from the bigger launch (Engage).

There are two recent 8-minute Fire Emblem japanese trailers that weren't translated yet. One was posted two weeks ago, the other two days ago. I wouldn't be surprised if NoA posts at least one of them this week

Uh oh uh oh funny man alert

Funny man has entered the premises uh oh

Eh, what bugs me a little is that people post jokes like this almost looking down on us. Like “oh how foolish of them to expect a direct this week, because i am a nintendo expert i am much smarter than the hapless masses.” But if there was a rumor of a direct this week they would be all over this thread and r/gamingleaksandrumors.

Eh, what bugs me a little is that people post jokes like this almost looking down on us. Like “oh how foolish of them to expect a direct this week, because i am a nintendo expert i am much smarter than the hapless masses.” But if there was a rumor of a direct this week they would be all over this thread and r/gamingleaksandrumors.
The rumor has to start somewhere :p

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Yeah thats maybe my least favorite part of nintendo’s consistent silence. Its paved the way for a lot of bad artists who know that people are hungry for any crumb of news from the company, they use this to build their brands.
LOL it's like a power vacuum but for marketing 🤣

Have you call considered that Direct Speculation STs are just one giant scam to trick people into making Famiboards accounts?

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Lol those 8 headlines can easily be a very good 20 minute mini direct

• We Love Katamari remaster
  • Tomb Raider, already confirmed titles + reboot trilogy (dream right?)
  • New wave of Final Fantasy coming to Switch!: Tactics, Dissidia 012, XIII Trilogy, XIV Cloud and XV Cloud
  • Batman Arkham trilogy
  • New Goemon
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV Remaster
  • F-Zero GX Remaster
  • Metroid Prime 1 HD + 4 teaser

i know some people hate it but wii rainbow road possibly being the very last booster pack course is amazing to me since MK wii was my first mario kart and the most i spent time on so it;s rainbow road being what ends the biggest Mario kart of all time is just great to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom