• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, i know it won't happen because games take time to develop, but I would really laugh if we managed to get another 2D Metroid before Prime 4 comes out.

Also, it's obvious why Prime 4 has been stuck in development hell: 4 isn't a PRIME number!

I'm sorry I'll leave now.

Didn’t Hidden once claim to be an insider and then made a post on Reddit about his posts on this site but forgot to sign out of his main Reddit account when doing so?

news-are-you-serious.gif

OK, I did NOT know sharing hidden text was/is a temp or perm ban. I do not share anything on FamiBoards anywhere, but I had no clue about that rule. This should be very explicit.

Last edited:
that was definitely a vibes-based moderation decision but I don't think it'll be controversial

edit: put another way, not posting hidden content should be in the rules

While I'd agree that it should be stated in the rules so there's no question (and while I don't mean to sound like I'm speaking for the mods here) that user does have a history of trying to crosspost Fami conversations on Reddit to try and position themselves as a leaker, so that context might have sorta pushed the needle in this case.

Edit:
Didn’t Hidden once claim to be an insider and then made a post on Reddit about his posts on this site but forgot to sign out of his main Reddit account when doing so?
yeah this exactly, actually

It should kinda be obvious though. I'm not an insider or anything like that, but sometimes I post personal stories in hidden. If that left the site I'd be devastated.
While it may be obvious, the fact remains: this wasn't the first nor will it be the last time something posted in hidden will be shared outside the site. I recall info teases given last summer via hidden that ended up on twitter and in YT videos. If sharing hidden content is to be an enforceable rule, it needs to be marked clearly in the rules and, perhaps, in the OP.

I'm confused, did that poster actually spread that info to another site, or did they edit the text so it's visible to non-members

It should kinda be obvious though. I'm not an insider or anything like that, but sometimes I post personal stories in hidden. If that left the site I'd be devastated.
I agree that it’s implied not to share text in a hidden text box, but it should take very little time to update the rules that this is an action that gets you temporarily or permanently banned. I honestly never knew it was a ban slap, I’m sure I’m not alone.

Last edited:
Personally don’t agree with the Perm ban since it’s not in the rules.

Yeah. Perhaps it’s should be logical. But at this point it’s rather unfair/harsh.

Edit: I hadn't read the last couple of pages before posting so I interrupted a more serious conversation with a non-sequitir post. I apologize for that.

Last edited:
It should be obvious it wasn’t ok. The blatant history of it and lack of real apologies and change along the way can speak for the rest of it.
This user has a history of it? And they were scrutinized for it before? That, in my opinion, makes it pretty clear.

If you scroll to the bottom of the page there is a catch all for any behavior not listed. Rule 0.

It should be obvious it wasn’t ok. The blatant history of it and lack of real apologies and change along the way can speak for the rest of it.

The rules should be as explicit as possible though. It should only take a couple minutes to type out the conduct/moderation surrounding hidden text. Moderation regarding the sharing of information in a hidden text box is not situational, and can be easily, explicitly written.

Last edited:
I agree that it should be an explicit rule, but given that this has been an issue in the past, I think the ban is fine too. It doesn’t have to be one or the other here.

Can't say I'm happy for someone getting permabanned for something not clearly stated in the rules, even if I think posting hidden text stuff is bad manners and disrespects certain people here.

Rules update time?

Any way that hidden text header can display different things depending on when logged in or not? Likely less accidents that way.

Something like…

Logged Out:
“Hidden content is only viewable by registered users”

Logged In:
“Sharing of this hidden content outside of the forum is a bannable offense”

If you scroll to the bottom of the page there is a catch all for any behavior not listed. Rule 0.

I didn't say that specific ban was wrong because there was no rule for it. The point is, something that specific should have a rule associated with it to dissuade people from doing it in the first place.

To be clear, when/if the rule is written, it’s obviously the mods’ decision with what to do with Hidden’s ban, if anything, since they know his past offences better.

People are writing that we believe the rule and its moderation should be explicitly written. Rules should be explicit wherever possible, they cannot cover every situation obviously, but it is very easy to write this as a rule that applies regardless of the situation or the kind text in the box.

Last edited:
Lmao that Hidden person has done stuff like this before. I swear they even pretended to have info on another site then quote themselves there and posted it here like it was inside info. This isn’t new for them.

I could see a Mini Direct, Indie World or Partner Showcase in January but nothing major. No Zelda coverage or anything like that. I feel like the hope at this point is something big in February. I really do wonder how long Nintendo will hold out on NOT showing anything for Tears of the Kingdom. Game is out in a 4 months and 5 days and more or less not even a peep or hint as to when we can expect any information on that title at all.

I didn't say that specific ban was wrong because there was no rule for it. The point is, something that specific should have a rule associated with it to dissuade people from doing it in the first place.
I read your post as reason to excuse the behavior or be lenient. They can add a rule/guidance to make it explicit at the same too sure. That’s helpful for people who genuinely don’t know why that can be a bad idea or harmful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom