• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if this is the new Donkey Kong game we have been waiting for:

Donkey_Kong_Barrel_Blast.JPG
Who has been waiting for, exactly?

They've really got options: existing HD ports of 2 Zelda games that are now actually a full console cycle behind us; existing graphics and assets for GB/GBC Zelda which could be used for Oracle remakes; Hyrule Warriors 3 using TotK characters and maps if that makes sense to do so.
and none of those options are a brand new 2D Zelda game 🥲

You asked what game came before Aces and I said Ultra Smash. I can’t explain it any simpler than that 😭
I was talking strictly about switch mario sports, per my first post. my asking what came before aces in this context was asking which switch game I was forgetting

I was talking strictly about switch mario sports, per my first post. my asking what came before aces in this context was asking which switch game I was forgetting
I think both of us replying to you thought you meant which switch entry wasn’t worse than the entry in the series that preceded it, not which Switch Mario sports came before it.

Anyways back on topic, I’ve been team February for the past 4 years so I’m gonna switch it up and be team January this time. I just have a bunch they’re gonna give us something this month. Even if it isn’t a general direct.

I'm thinking...
  • 2D Mario game at the end of the year. That's the perfect holiday game, every other system selling title will be saved for Switch 2
  • Super Mario Sluggers. We get a Mario spin-off every summer
  • Tomodachi Life. Grezzo has experience with 3DS Mii titles and they've been absent since Miitopia
  • Detective Pikachu 2. Yearly Pokemon game
  • Everybody's 1-2 Switch. It's alive. Sadly.
  • Kid Icarus Uprising HD. This is the Bandai Namco remake
Grezzo is making a medieval action game according to their website

can I dream and summon a new Trauma Center game? Man, the HD era really hit Atlus hard.
I'd like to join you. I'm an irl surgeon and not everyday you come across with a game that makes your job... fun. 5 games and Atlus's done with it? Nah that can't be true. Switch is waiting for its own entry in the series.

and none of those options are a brand new 2D Zelda game 🥲
I'm really hoping one is in the works. Link's Awakening did 6 million in a little over 2 years, which for a none-BotW Zelda, is excellent. There's obviously demand for the style, so I hope Nintendo capitalise on it.

I'd like to join you. I'm an irl surgeon and not everyday you come across with a game that makes your job... fun. 5 games and Atlus's done with it? Nah that can't be true. Switch is waiting for its own entry in the series.
That's what I like about Trauma Center, it's really something special and it's clearly one of the most original series out there. I'd even take a port/remaster at this point but I imagine Atlus is prioritizing Persona 6, Persona 3 Remake, Project Re:Fantasy and Etrian Odyssey for the next few years...sigh...

Would be cool if we got a remaster of this lost gem for switch:

e33c05f1ecb7f99482049a293db25c48.jpg
Absolutely! But it clearly won't happen because of Sega.. I'd like Platinum to return to this kind of comics artstyle one day.

When it comes to 2023 releases I would currently guess:

• Advance Wars, Metroid Prime, F Zero GX join the re-release pile
  • HAL release a non-Kirby eShop title
  • Nintendo publish an original IP of some sort, though small in scale, perhaps even eShop only
  • Detective Pikachu finally surfaces
  • either 2D Mario or 2D Donkey Kong release
  • in the event a new console releases this year, so does 3D Super Mario
  • NdCube, Syn Sophia, Grezzo, and Good-Feel launch new games

Kid Icarus Uprising HD, 3D Mario, 2D Zelda, Yoshi's Woolly World port, Holy War remake or Paper Mario remaster, Pokemon Gen 5 remakes, DK, Astral Chain 2, new IP action game from MonolithSoft, Tomodachi World for 2024

Let's gooooo

Unless surprise Mario Sluggers is in the works I think the most likely Obligatory Mario of the year is TTYD HD
I feel like Nintendo keep Paper Mario on the four year cycle. It is a little weird figuring out the Mario titles next year; 2D and 3D both feel due, but I doubt Nintendo use both in the same year, unless there's a successor. Paper Mario isn't due, and judging by production cycles on Switch, Camelot and NdCube might not have their next Mario spin-offs ready (2018 to 2021 for both studios when going Tennis to Golf, Super to Superstars).

Now that I've had a gin and tonic, I can safely ascertain that next year's Mario titles are going to be 2 or 3 out of the following list:

• New Mario Paint
  • New Mario & Luigi from Nintendo and some indie RPG studio
  • New Mario vs DK from NST
  • Mario Dentistry

I thought you were saying worse then the previous as in worse then the last entry in each series

Ie

Battle League is worse then Strikers Charged
Super Rush is worse then World Tour
Aces is worse then Ultra Smash

Which is very clearly not true.

The curse being mario baseball would be better then the prior sluggers games as "all the switch mario sports were worse then the last (in their series)".

Eh...game itself was fine but since they doubled down on the issue with Black Baron, I'm not sure I want to see this franchise again.

I vaguely remember the game, I know I had it for wii and enjoyed myself. What was the issue with the Black Barron? I believe he was the game show host but I can’t recall to much of the game… I know it was super violent and over the top.

I thought you were saying worse then the previous as in worse then the last entry in each series

Ie

Battle League is worse then Strikers Charged
Super Rush is worse then World Tour
Aces is worse then Ultra Smash

Which is very clearly not true.

The curse being mario baseball would be better then the prior sluggers games as "all the switch mario sports were worse then the last (in their series)".
yeah, I just meant every switch mario sport being worse than the last (switch mario sport)

my apologies for the confusion

I feel like Nintendo keep Paper Mario on the four year cycle
I don’t think that can realistically apply for rereleases though, otherwise we’d never get ports/remasters of older Paper Mario games.

It’s not as if Nintendo is unwilling to release remasters and new entries in close proximity to each other either, considering Return to Dream Land Deluxe is only releasing 11 months after Forgotten Land.

I vaguely remember the game, I know I had it for wii and enjoyed myself. What was the issue with the Black Barron? I believe he was the game show host but I can’t recall to much of the game… I know it was super violent and over the top.
Well...he's not black. It's one of the last jokes in the game and while the source is admittedly questionable the fact that it is thrown out the kind of puts a whole bad taste in my mouth.

I don’t think that can realistically apply for rereleases though, otherwise we’d never get ports/remasters of older Paper Mario games.

It’s not as if Nintendo is unwilling to release remasters and new entries in close proximity to each other either, considering Return to Dream Land Deluxe is only releasing 11 months after Forgotten Land.
Kirby has a pretty regular release cadence though, and always has, and is partially controlled by HAL. I don't think the comparison with Paper Mario, which appears every four years or so, is relevant.

Plus, I can't help but wonder if Intelligent Systems are currently putting more resources into Fire Emblem, meaning less available for Paper Mario, which results in a remaster or remake for the latter series.

RIP my gaming time starting tomorrow, hope I'll still somehow be able to finish Pokémon and Dragon Quest this month. Tactics Ogre and FF VII between February and Zelda would be great too, thanks

This talk about third party Wii games is reminding me that, other than a 2016 mobile port, Bully hasn't been ported to anything since it released on the Wii. Someone ought to put a stop to this situation.
I never played Detective Pikachu on the 3DS, was it good ? People seem excited for Detective Pikachu 2.
I think the general sentiment was that while it wasn't a masterpiece, it was much better than almost anyone expected (so kinda like the live-action movie, I guess).

Super Mario Speculation Version
Super Mario Shitpost Version

Fans complain it's a near identical release artificially split into two games by Nintendo

Kid Icarus Uprising HD, 3D Mario, 2D Zelda, Yoshi's Woolly World port, Holy War remake or Paper Mario remaster, Pokemon Gen 5 remakes, DK, Astral Chain 2, new IP action game from MonolithSoft, Tomodachi World for 2024

Let's gooooo
I’m a firm believer we get DK this year.

I hope they announce a Fist of the North Star Special Edition which includes a Kenshiro costume so I can play the game properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom