• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how the mod announcements use a triangle with an exclamation mark in the corner, which is very similar to what Super Smash uses for new challenger approaches videos.

Uuugh I can't decide if I bet on Feb 1 or Feb 8, both are the most likely dates now... 4 DAYS to the direct announcement or the last clock reset for sure, right?

In 2030, people will talk of the Switch era like the good old days and say stuff like "I miss the snap they did before a trailer" or "remember the headline voice guy?".

I think in general some people* go way too hard on the Wii U nostalgia and don't realize what a special time 2017 onward is/was right under their eyes. I predict, as a random example, heavy heavy nostalgia for the Smash Ultimate hype cycle in a few years time.

*I say some people because it's still a minority but god damn they're persistent on twitter.

the rules don't say a dog can't announce the direct!
YsTVhwU.gif

I think in general some people* go way too hard on the Wii U nostalgia and don't realize what a special time 2017 onward is/was right under their eyes.
*I say some people because it's still a minority but god damn they're persistent on twitter.
Also persistent here. Me. I'm one. LOL

Announcing it via the same background but just with different numbers is so boring. It should always come with the video like: Hi. This is Miyamoto. There is Direct tomorrow. Bye.

Oh yeah I’m surprised we haven’t had a Pokémon Presents with SV DLC yet. I guess it’s usually late feb for those?
They're still patching the base game (I believe the next patch is slated for late February). I doubt we get DLC news until a decent amount of bugs/framerate gets fixed.

Oh yeah I’m surprised we haven’t had a Pokémon Presents with SV DLC yet. I guess it’s usually late feb for those?
They usually do something on Pokemon Day every year, February 27th.

For Sword and Shield they announced the DLC in January, but it looks like they're waiting for February this time out. This is only the second time we will be getting paid DLC for Pokemon so we don't have a solid precedent.

Popcorn story:

I was popping with some corns inside a pot with a plate on top. Let it pop. Looked out of my window, contemplating life, until I felt the smell of something burning. The popcorns was burned to crisps, and there was massive smoke in the pot. I took it off the stove ASAP and showered it in cold water. Meanwhile, the underside of the plate had been burned, but the burn had left this incredibly beautiful pattern, like some kind of abstract, avant-garde fresco artwork.

Wish I had a picture to take.

I really want something from Nintendo this year that isn't just TotK.

With Baten Kaitos I would be satisfied, but I want a new IP from Nintendo.

And with a new 3D Mario I will be fine.

Open world Luigi's Mansion sounds good.

In 2030, people will talk of the Switch era like the good old days and say stuff like "I miss the snap they did before a trailer" or "remember the headline voice guy?".

I think in general some people* go way too hard on the Wii U nostalgia and don't realize what a special time 2017 onward is/was right under their eyes. I predict, as a random example, heavy heavy nostalgia for the Smash Ultimate hype cycle in a few years time.

the directs do have some great production quality, I never regret watching them even when I don't care about the stuff that gets announced

I feel the same way about Microsoft's E3 shows the past few years, just a nice well paced show even if I don't end up caring about whatever is inside of it

Ahhh 2020. Those were the days
oh yeah, waiting so long for a General but we've got AC one in late February and then covid

If I could rate things it will be like:

January Mini 2018>June 2022 Partner and then whole summer>early 2020>early 2019 when first we've got was Sakurai presents and then Pokemon Direct, it seemed like trolling when there was something each week but not a Direct.

Announcing the January 2024 Direct 11 months ahead of time, to make sure we're really prepared.

nah the January 2023 Direct

they really wanted to have it in January but they just forgot and now everything they wanted to talk about will be delayed to next year so they can still do it in January

If the Direct is on February 1st, that's still basically January, and the announcement tweet will be in January, so Team January wins. Sorry not sorry, Team February chumps.

Given that we are 2 days from the 2nd anniversary (Jan 29) of Buddy Mission Bond (a nintendo first party game!), what are the chances they bring it over? They did it with FCDC (great games btw) so there is a precedent of 1st party vn adventure games.

Maybe the sells of FCDC weren't enough? Funny enough its Ruby Party's first home console game (Touken Ranbu Warriors was in 2022).

I don't care about games or announcements. I just care about watching an actual Direct presentation.
I don't care about Direct presentations. I actually just want to have the feeling of looking forward to something in life.

They’ve made Odin Sphere, Muramasa, Dragon’s Crown, and 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. One of my absolute favorite developers with Odin Sphere being my favorite PS2 game of all time. Their name comes from wanting their games to be as beloved and timeless as vanilla ice cream.
Now if only these games get ported to the Switch!!!! 1 down, 3 to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom