• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? Fire Emblem Engage and Warioware were pretty well received? Paper Mario is the only one that got mixed reception.
Origami King has an 80 on MC while WarioWare has a 76 if we're being annoyingly semantic lol, sorry! But yeah, it feels like all three of these had a generally positive response.

Why paper Mario though? Maybe try a Zelda or donkey Kong franchise instead.
I.S. doesn't do those games, and I doubt Nintendo would put them on it if it meant that other series would become absent. It's Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, and WarioWare from them and that's about it.

Paper Mario games have usually been about 4 years apart, but they have never put more than one out per console. Perhaps within the first year of Switch 2, like Super? Origami King I have mixed feelings on, but they improved quite a few things and are at least heading in the right direction imo, plus AlphaDream are gone so who knows what the next PM game will be like now that there is no Mario RPG series to differentiate themselves from.

I don't think we'll get another Paper Mario on Switch. It's not a huge tentpole, if anything we're due for a 2-D Zelda and Grezzo's last project was Miitopia.
Maybe they're doing Tomadachi Switch. but it's such a talented team to go to waste taking 2 years to remake a 3DS game.

I don't think we'll get another Paper Mario on Switch. It's not a huge tentpole, if anything we're due for a 2-D Zelda and Grezzo's last project was Miitopia.
Maybe they're doing Tomadachi Switch. but it's such a talented team to go to waste taking 2 years to remake a 3DS game.
Grezzo also has another project. They're probably working on a new IP and Tomodachi Life.

I wonder what IS' Paper Mario team is doing. Have they been linked to anything since Origami King? Could assume that a brand new Paper Mario game is being made but my copium says a TTYD remake lmfao.

TTYD Remake will be the ultimate monkey paw

Origami King has an 80 on MC while WarioWare has a 76 if we're being annoyingly semantic lol, sorry! But yeah, it feels like all three of these had a generally positive response.
i disagree, generally. Origami def certainly didn't feel as attacked as colour splash was but it still had a big load of criticism from what i saw, and engage... well its revieweing lower than i expected.

I didn't like wario yeah i was memeing on it.

"but raccoon miitomo is the third tomodachi game"

tumblr_33caa6fa2d9060d1ebf32b7f13a3bf38_59ae975d_1280.jpg

It's always darkest before the dawn
This is actually pretty true when it comes to Direct threads. The most doomposting/“I’m over this shit”/“it wasn’t today so Directs are canceled forever”/<insert random attack on people for no reason>/bans/etc. kind of stuff always seems to happen right before the Direct is actually announced. Especially seemed like it back in the old place.

(Note this is not me saying that’s a way to summon a Direct, please don’t do that!)

I think you mean "ultimate dream result"

Ultimate dream result for TTYD remake:
  • Improved level design to smooth out excessive backtracking (cut General White from the game!)
  • Bonus content featuring Luigi's adventures
  • Epilogue that focuses on Grodus' whereabouts to tease a sequel
Most likely scenario:
  • Everything is paperfied
  • Most designs (especially toads) are significantly altered
  • No bonus/improved content

Ultimate dream result for TTYD remake:
  • Improved level design to smooth out excessive backtracking (cut General White from the game!)
  • Bonus content featuring Luigi's adventures
  • Epilogue that focuses on Grodus' whereabouts to tease a sequel
Most likely scenario:
  • Everything is paperfied
  • Most designs (especially toads) are significantly altered
  • No bonus/improved content
Agreed on both lol

Origami King is one of the best Switch games to me. It was so good.
I'm pretty sure it's in my top 7 or 8 games in the Switch's library, and this is coming from a fucking SUPERFAN of the first two PM games. Couldn't believe how consistently the game had me cracking up, how gorgeous it was, how compelling exploration was, how it has one of the best OSTs in any Nintendo game in the past decade, and how I cried twice. Boss fights went dummy hard too

Origami King is one of the best Switch games to me. It was so good.
Agreed it tries something new with the battle system and it has fun writing and nice level design. Like i wish you still got level ups and stuff but combat is fun enough that i could ignore that

This is actually pretty true when it comes to Direct threads. The most doomposting/“I’m over this shit”/“it wasn’t today so Directs are canceled forever”/<insert random attack on people for no reason>/bans/etc. kind of stuff always seems to happen right before the Direct is actually announced. Especially seemed like it back in the old place.

(Note this is not me saying that’s a way to summon a Direct, please don’t do that!)
Let me add to the doom posting. With all the twitter drops this week and last with perhaps more to come, I'm almost a bit concerned we may only get a mini direct... in march.

What if the new 2D Mario is a platforming Paper Mario?

All fanbases would explode :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I mean...Super Paper Mario with no RPG-lite BS, better platforming and a decent narrative involving all 4 members of the main cast (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser) would actually be the dream for me.

OK deserved 88-92 score tbh. Feels like the media just bought in the hate train for the gameplay and just gave it an average score. It is well executed in every way... the only complaints i can see is the battle system which in itself isn't horrible. As much as people wish for the old one, it was also tiring and i felt like skipping battles even more in the first game than in OK.

OK deserved 88-92 score tbh. Feels like the media just bought in the hate train for the gameplay and just gave it an average score. It is well executed in every way... the only complaints i can see is the battle system which in itself isn't horrible. As much as people wish for the old one, it was also tiring and i felt like skipping battles even more in the first game than in OK.
Writing, exploration, boss battles, and visuals/performance necessitate at least an 85 imo, even when taking the fairly shallow combat into account

I'd just otherwise rain on the TOK lovefest rn but I'm happy everyone else is still enjoying the Paper Mario series! It's just moved on without me and I accept that.

I like Origami King a lot, but I wouldn't say it deserved an 88-92 necessarily, nor that the media just "bought into the hate train for the gameplay" (which is such a silly thing to say about a game where most of it constitutes gameplay). The game was great, but it had a fair amount of issues and in the end I think what made it so special was that it was just an easy game to chill to, not that it was exceptional in every way. 80 does feel too low in my opinion, but, if only because of how it compares to other Switch exclusives .... feels like a lot of other games got away with a fair amount of faults and still scored in the 82+ range.

I hope we finally get a Xenogears remaster announced at the next Direct. Xenogears 25th anniversary is February 11, and SE loves to announce remasters/remakes at them.

We're getting new Gears figures announced next month, so why not the remaster to go along with it?

Everything about origami king was great except for the standard battles after a while. Can just avoid them though so not too bad (I know some didn’t like this aspect of it though). Boss battles were next level since it flipped the tactics in its head. Music is one of the best on switch, world is top notch int he series, and story beats are pretty good too. I would give it no score since I don’t care about scores. Good game though.

I hope we finally get a Xenogears remaster announced at the next Direct. Xenogears 25th anniversary is February 11, and SE loves to announce remasters/remakes at them.

We're getting new Gears figures announced next month, so why not the remaster to go along with it?

I want full remake with the ending actually completed. Won’t happen but can hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom