• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the joke is probably meant to be that he just doesn't know video games, but holy shit, that lineup joke was brutal :ROFLMAO:
These late night hosts just aren’t funny is my take on it.

On the power consumption topic, it amazes me that saving electricity is a “culture war” battle now. Like, it saves you money. And even if you don’t believe in climate change, why wouldn’t you want to reduce potential pollution?

To me is more probable that Vagrant Story get a remastered, since we are getting FinalFantasy Tactics Remastered (or at least we should)

Out of the way Zippo, we got a new leaker in town with mega leaks of 2 exclusives.

Call of Zelda and Donkey Party

If Fox News thinks Microsoft is "woke" for slightly reducing their power consumption, imagine how they'd react if they found out the wattage draw of the average Nintendo system 👀

Personally I’m not expecting much from this next direct outside of Zelda.

They will probably reveal at least one unannounced title but it may not even be big. Like I’m fully expecting Nintendo to coast off of Zelda until May. It’s just such a slam dunk that it’s all they really need to do. Hell, they could do a E3 2018 w/ Smash ultimate style direct but with 25 minutes of Zelda instead except this time no one will be mad. It’s that anticipated.

A shame for the 6 people that aren’t interested in TOTK, but I hope expectations for the next direct aren’t too high aside from it.

Imo, E3 is where things will get interesting. The in person show is back. so AFAIC, that’s officially prime 4 territory. Plus fleshing out Pikmin 4 as well as being far enough from Engage for possible Genealogy remake. Plus more possibilities - it’s where we’ll really see the stage set for the final phase of the Switch’s life.

They will probably reveal at least one unannounced title but it may not even be big. Like I’m fully expecting Nintendo to coast off of Zelda until May. It’s just such a slam dunk that it’s all they really need to do. Hell, they could do a E3 2018 w/ Smash ultimate style direct but with 25 minutes of Zelda instead except this time no one will be mad. It’s that anticipated.

A shame for the 6 people that aren’t interested in TOTK, but I hope expectations for the next direct aren’t too high aside from it.

Imo, E3 is where things will get interesting. The in person show is back. so AFAIC, that’s officially prime 4 territory. Plus fleshing out Pikmin 4 as well as being far enough from Engage for possible Genealogy remake. Plus more possibilities - it’s where we’ll really see the stage set for the final phase of the Switch’s life.
Cmon, you can't have two mediocre directs in a row :p

Everything about origami king was great except for the standard battles after a while. Can just avoid them though so not too bad (I know some didn’t like this aspect of it though). Boss battles were next level since it flipped the tactics in its head. Music is one of the best on switch, world is top notch int he series, and story beats are pretty good too. I would give it no score since I don’t care about scores. Good game though.
It's a missed opportunity that they did not evolve the standard battles at all throughout the game. A battle in chapter 1 was the same as one in chapter 6, except the amount of enemies differed. Stuff like they did for the boss battles would have been very welcome as a refresher.

Does the Splatfest give us an indicator maybe? I feel like they'd wanna wait until after the Splatfest to reveal info about the new Splatoon season, so maybe the Direct is after the Splatfest weekend

Does the Splatfest give us an indicator maybe? I feel like they'd wanna wait until after the Splatfest to reveal info about the new Splatoon season, so maybe the Direct is after the Splatfest weekend
I don't think it's indication of anything. For example. There was a Splatfest for Splatoon 2 on March 10th 2018. The Direct happened on March 8th 2018 and it detailed the whole 3.0 update with new gear, stages, rank X. Then they even revealed Octo Expansion. In that Direct they don't even mentionoed that Splatfest was happening in 2 days from the Direct.

I hope we finally get a Xenogears remaster announced at the next Direct. Xenogears 25th anniversary is February 11, and SE loves to announce remasters/remakes at them.

We're getting new Gears figures announced next month, so why not the remaster to go along with it?

Xenogears remaster hopium has been one of my biggest oxygen sources for the last few years.

I know a lot of people want to see Disc 2 fully fleshed out - totally understandable. But personally, I actually really like how it’s formed and laid out. Making that kind of epic JRPG story with an approach almost like a VN makes the sections have this unique vibe to them.

I agree 1000%, I've been thinking the same thing, it will probably be similar to the E3 2018 direct. I think they will open with a new game to release in the summer (June or July) maybe Arms 2? Then as far as first party content goes it will be mostly DLC stuff like Splatoon 3, Mario Kart, Mario Rabbids (I know it's not first party) Xenoblade, and maybe a surprise update for Mario Party or Mario Odyssey. Nintendo should do something to promote that game alongside the movie. Maybe we can get a few pleasant 3rd party announcements and that's it. Hoping for a Feb 1st direct!

Of course people will be mad with 25 minutes of Zelda, it's the internet.
Also they did something similar with the 2017 september direct which had a long final segment dedicated to Mario odyssey and it was 8 minutes long, I could see something like that for TotK.
(Btw no one here should rewatch that direct or they could get an aneurysm from the lack of new game announcement and big final surprise)

I think at least one of Nintendo remastered must be in the first part of the year, probably Advance Wars or F-Zero, or even Prime if Prime 4 is like March 2024 and they want a full year of distance from it

Because i think that the idea that Prime 1 and Prime 4 will be close (like 6 months) is actually wrong

There won't be that much of Zelda and we all know it. There is a huge difference what you need to show with Smash and what you need to show with Zelda. Only way I could see so much TotK in this Direct is trailer and then gameplay. But no way they are showing 20 minutes of Zelda just like here is that and there is that like with Smash.

Also if Nintendo really have so much old stuff, Baten Kaitos, Metroid Prime (that 100% comes with 4 news) and F-Zero

I honestly think F-Zero should be announced next direct, is the weaker of all the remastered and needs have hedlines

Of course most would for Zelda, but the other news will be the return of F-Zero

I actually believe it's better for the Direct to be before the new Splatfest.
This way Nintendo can announce the new update while at the same time promote the Splatfest.

Big January Reveal!!

jeff-goldblum.gif

abc637228103927b9184f9d6b8638e7e_w200.gif
in fact, if you think about it... this reveal is not some kind of nintendo direct
99 MC or its Garbage
99? 100! I haven't played any game yet

Also if Nintendo really have so much old stuff, Baten Kaitos, Metroid Prime (that 100% comes with 4 news) and F-Zero

I honestly think F-Zero should be announced next direct, is the weaker of all the remastered and needs have hedlines

Of course most would for Zelda, but the other news will be the return of F-Zero
Or

OR

The next Nintendo Direct is called "Nintendo Direct: Year of the Gamecube". Full 40 minutes showing all the Gamecube ports and remakes coming up this year. Zelda has a separate Direct in March but is not mentioned until late February. Give me the chaos timeline.

I watched Spawnwave's summary of the Xbox Showcase. Hifi Rush was easily the standout. Of course I would like to play it, but there's not enough games on that system for me to justify a purchase.

They're not going to show off the next Splatoon season before the Splatfest. Either the Direct is on the 15th, or Splatoon skips it.

They're not going to show off the next Splatoon season before the Splatfest. Either the Direct is on the 15th, or Splatoon skips it.

I don't think it's indication of anything. For example. There was a Splatfest for Splatoon 2 on March 10th 2018. The Direct happened on March 8th 2018 and it detailed the whole 3.0 update with new gear, stages, rank X. Then they even revealed Octo Expansion. In that Direct they don't even mentionoed that Splatfest was happening in 2 days from the Direct.

Microsoft down. Sony and Nintendo left
Honestly I want one of them to finally do a "big blowout," event. Microsoft's event yesterday was good (though it only made my concerns about their post-Bethesda-acquisition game output worse), the September Direct was alright, and Sony's State of Plays last year were good as well... but, damn, am I really missing something really big with a lot of stuff to get excited for.

Basically: I miss E3 :(

Honestly, I don't expect a new system until the Switch 2. Nintendo will ride the 64 until the Switch is replaced.
If Switch 2 was 2023 I'd agree, but I kinda expect to see GB/GBC/GBA this year as N64 seems to be naturally winding down at the end of this summer unless Nintendo gets a lot more 3rd parties on board then I'm expecting. Almost every major N64 1st party game will be on Switch by the end of what's currently announced, even if Nintendo gets the rest of the Rare catalogue they're gonna have to announce the next system soon imo.

According to Nintendo YouTubers, Nintendo's ENTIRE 2023 release schedule leaked... without providing any source.

Direct date leaked? I saw videos on how the 2024 lineup leaked.

no @NintendoPrime, they're not making Odyssey 2

Nintendo Prime and Mike Odyssey, the two kings of terrible clickbait YouTube channels

It's hilarious on how in one of these videos there is talk about the "rumored/leaked list" but there is no such thing, isn't not even shown in the video.

It is what it is. Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

The recent trend of patent reporting has become exhausting, as well. Especially when the patent interpretation is wildly off-base. It's not even a good speculation base. It's just... nothing.
Could quote more, but it's mostly just more repeated stuff.

Nate obviously gets it in so much as "don't hate the player, hate the game". TBH, I wish the game didn't work the way it does on YT. As an example, some of my favorite videos I have done recently are:

(actual news with future NSO speculation)

and

(discussion video about switch as a primary vs secondary system)

My favorite content I produce is technically my weekly podcast, but I get few complaints about that. The common theme you see in this stuff is that there is very little viewership of said content. The youtube game to grow and get viewership is kinda disgusting at times. I know, you can point to many of your favorite content creators and point to how "they didn't do this to grow" - but they also did other things that no longer work today. It's life.

As an example, Mike Odyssey is well aware (he's a friend of mine) that I disagree with almost every take he makes on patents. I cover them sometimes too, but I am aware that patents are mostly nothing burgers save some very rare instances. Most of them are stuff that's already been done, or stuff they experimented with and decided not to do. The only two recently have any remote interest to me, one of them around AI upscaling (which isn't big news or anything) and the other showing those wireless VR headsets along with extra phones doing AR all connected to a central device connected to a TV.

IMHO, it's probably just a concept they experimented with behind the scenes and will never release, but it's interesting - at least to me as interesting as the supposed ToTK patent about falling and shooting arrows etc - which may also be a scrapped idea.

YouTube is a silly place. I like to think most of my actual thoughts on stuff, most often expressed on my weekly podcast, are pretty based - but in the end, growing on social media is a bit of a game. And the game calls for extremely clicky headlines/thumbnails - riding out similar concepts and ideas that are trending in a moment - and hoping that in the end you can maybe use doing so, to build towards a longer term form of what you really WANT to do.

Mr Beast even outright - in his hiring stuff - straight up requires new employees to be amazing at clickbait. He's right out in the open about it. That's the largest content creator in the world. I am no Mr. Beast, but it's just... it's what the game is. I wish the game was play differently, or at least played like it was 5 to 8 years ago.

I will be honest and say I wasn't aware of the Blue Shell video before releasing my video. I saw Mikes video, talked to him about it, and decided I could do it myself too, and added some extra rumors in that he didn't have in his video. And yeah, that video got rightfully blasted in the comments by a dozen people and has my lowest like to dislike ratio in 3 months.

Sadly, it also has 9000 views, and gained me 60 subs. 3x the views of talking about real news like Goldeneye 007's date, and 8x the normal amount of sub growth. The game is disgusting.

Of course I am not required to play the game. But I actually DO enjoy making content and such. It's almost become one of those "necessary evils" that I hope one day I grow to a point that I can slowly phase it out. Time will tell I guess. Probably hit 100k this year over this stupid stuff.

That being said, no clue what's coming in the direct. The whole "direct leak" thing is just about restating known rumors that were already talked about previously on the channel basically. Nothing has leaked. January is a month of scraping the barrel.

I am sorry if it upset anyone. I don't really mean any harm. But I do create youtube content for a living. So, it's life. I definitely can't be exactly like Mike Odyssey though. He's a super nice guy, but he can block out all the negativity about it. Instead, I am here on a forum unrelated to my channel talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom