• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve heard rumblings that Nintendo have been spotted filming Direct footage at local farms. Word is this Direct will be themed on farming sim games as they feel it’s a niche they need to reach.

TotK is also set to be re-revealed as a farm sim

Any specific reasoning ?
I remember directs always airing after a game released. Splatoon 3 being a recent example
they need to cover March —> June and they should announce something way before the release date, also similar pattern with last year direct following Kirby and the forgotten land release

At this point we already know the release schedule until May. If E3 is indeed back in June, I have a hard time imagining Nintendo making the major announcements we've been waiting for before E3. I mean, announcements like a hypothetical new Mario game, anything about the Metroid Prime series, or a hypothetical new DK game seem absolutely perfect for an event like E3.

I'm not necessarily saying that the February direct is going to be replaced by something else (e.g. a Mario Movie Direct, a Totk Direct, a game announced for June in the upcoming Pokemon Presents), but it's a possibility I'm thinking about.

Any specific reasoning ?
I remember directs always airing after a game released. Splatoon 3 being a recent example
They aren't waiting until end of the month when Kirby remake releases, not to mention that at this point Direct would be in March.

ToTK marketing will start ramping up, Splatoon 3 new season announcement are just a few examples as to why we are looking into early to mid February Direct.

They aren't waiting until end of the month when Kirby remake releases, not to mention that at this point Direct would be in March.

ToTK marketing will start ramping up, Splatoon 3 new season announcement are just a few examples as to why we are looking into early to mid February Direct.
It could have been a risk a direct in early September, also general directs never air during July/August, i consider the Splatoon 3 Direct an isolated case. Said this, I also think they should even hurry up with ToTK Marketing, so in two, or three weeks we might will see something

God Day Famiboards, here are some new BS 4Chan Leaks, I just found!

So the next Nintendo direct is next month. Here is some of the stuff that will be in it:
TOTK gameplay trailer
Super Mario Galaxy 2 HD- Launching on eshop same day for $20
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD- Coming this April
Metroid Prime 4- short teaser, "more coming soon" tease aka Nintendo next gen
Advance Wars 1+2- releasing in March
GB/GBC coming to NSO, GBA coming to NSO+
Fire Emblem, Pokemon and Mario Kart 8 DLC stuff
Bayonetta Origins trailer
FF Pixel Remasters trailer
Dragon Quest 1-8 releasing on Switch between March-June

Mario Kart 8 DLC wave 4
Starfox 1+2 Relaunched
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom gameplay trailer
Mario Party 3 N64 online
Gameboy on NSO
Gameboy Advance on NSO Expansion Pass
Dragon Quest: The Zenithian Saga
Fire Emblem: Engage DLC
Kirby RtDL Deluxe reminder
Metroid Prime 4 teaser. No gameplay, but shows Sylux ambushing Samus' ship and making her crash land on a planet

February 15th, 3pm PST
Big Brain Academy 2 - Basically a DLC update but released as a whole new game. New puzzles and features not much added but at least has more variety. July 7th 2023

Advance Wars 1 + 2 - Will shadow drop on eShop same day with a demo, physical release will be April 7th, 2023, nearly 1 year after its original planned release date.

Tomodachi Life Switch - Uses same engine as Miitopia on switch with same level customization. Not much added besides new events, items, etc. May 19th 2023

Pokémon SV DLC - Expansion pass is announced. Includes 3 waves of content. Wave 1 will be new islands added off the eastern coast. 5 new Pokémon are added, and a handful of new water types from previous games are brought in. Pokémon Home compatibility is added in this update. Wave 2 is teased as being similar, but nothing shown off. Wave 3 is shown as ??? but will be Kalos. Wave 1 releases April 17th, Wave 3 given a release deadline by end of 2024.

Xenoblade 3 DLC - New Hero is shown off. Design is pretty much unchanged from the datamined image. New challenge mode stuff has references to Xenogears and Xenosaga (unshown in direct). Basically, just new fights added and costumes that reference characters from Xenoblade 1, 2, and X (i.e., similar color schemes and more obvious details such as Sena getting Brighid clothes). March 10th, 2023.

Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe - New minigames are shown off. Online multiplayer is confirmed for an update releasing in March, no date for update is given. Base game releases February 24th, 2023.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Cloud Version - It's as hilarious as it sounds. Only single player is playable, no multiplayer seen anywhere. Likely just a marketing scheme to show Microsoft is fine with multi-platform COD stuff. February 24th.
Custom Robo Remaster - Remaster of the GameCube version of Custom Robo. Pretty faithful to the original, i.e., not much is changed or added. There is an online multiplayer mode added and the battle mode is somewhat overhauled, but generally seems to be the same. June 2023.

Bayonetta Origins - Practically the same trailer from The Game Awards is shown off, just with Direct voiceover talking about the game. Very little is shown off, more of a reminder it exists. March 17th, 2023.

Fire Emblem Engage Expansion Pass Wave 2 - New Emblem Bracelet is Ryoma and Xander from Fates. New Divine Paralogue map is added, character unlocked through it is Chrom from Awakening. February 17th, 2023.

GBA NSO Emulator announced, part of the NSO Expansion Pack. Launch games include Castlevania Aria of Sorrow and Circle of the Moon, Drill Dozer, F-Zero Maximum Velocity, Golden Sun 1+2, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Mario Party Advance, Metroid Fusion, etc. 29 total for release. Mother 3 is confirmed to be in the Japanese version but not any other region at launch. April 21st, 2023.

Sizzle reel at the end shows off Tales of Symphonia, Octopath Traveler 2, Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, Atelier Ryza 3, Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star (March 3rd release confirmed), Minecraft Legends (Q2 2023), Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, Dokapon Kingdom, Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection, Silksong is shown, but same trailer as before.
TloZ TotK - shows off new features, characters, and locations. Dungeons are confirmed. Ends with new amiibo announcement and a reminder of release date. A direct is planned for April before it's released but won't be mentioned at this direct.

Final announcement is a new trailer for Pikmin 4. Showcases the 4 new playable characters (2 of which are descendants of Olimar and Alph). Game has a in-game deadline to beat, much like the original had a 30-day cap, and a difficulty mode that removes the deadline. Many features from Pikmin 3 Deluxe return, such as challenge modes, Bingo Battle, and co-op story mode. 1 new Pikmin is shown off, but 3 total new types are planned. New type is ice Pikmin. There are new ice areas that normal Pikmin can't walk across quickly, but the ice types can. They are light blue in color and will also survive in water like blue Pikmin. Releases August 10th.

Last edited:

So the next Nintendo direct is next month. Here is some of the stuff that will be in it:
TOTK gameplay trailer

February 15th, 3pm PST
Big Brain Academy 2 - Basically a DLC update but released as a whole new game. New puzzles and features not much added but at least has more variety. July 7th 2023

Advance Wars 1 + 2 - Will shadow drop on eShop same day with a demo, physical release will be April 7th, 2023, nearly 1 year after its original planned release date.

Tomodachi Life Switch - Uses same engine as Miitopia on switch with same level customization. Not much added besides new events, items, etc. May 19th 2023

Pokémon SV DLC - Expansion pass is announced. Includes 3 waves of content. Wave 1 will be new islands added off the eastern coast. 5 new Pokémon are added, and a handful of new water types from previous games are brought in. Pokémon Home compatibility is added in this update. Wave 2 is teased as being similar, but nothing shown off. Wave 3 is shown as ??? but will be Kalos. Wave 1 releases April 17th, Wave 3 given a release deadline by end of 2024.

Xenoblade 3 DLC - New Hero is shown off. Design is pretty much unchanged from the datamined image. New challenge mode stuff has references to Xenogears and Xenosaga (unshown in direct). Basically, just new fights added and costumes that reference characters from Xenoblade 1, 2, and X (i.e., similar color schemes and more obvious details such as Sena getting Brighid clothes). March 10th, 2023.

Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe - New minigames are shown off. Online multiplayer is confirmed for an update releasing in March, no date for update is given. Base game releases February 24th, 2023.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Cloud Version - It's as hilarious as it sounds. Only single player is playable, no multiplayer seen anywhere. Likely just a marketing scheme to show Microsoft is fine with multi-platform COD stuff. February 24th.
Custom Robo Remaster - Remaster of the GameCube version of Custom Robo. Pretty faithful to the original, i.e., not much is changed or added. There is an online multiplayer mode added and the battle mode is somewhat overhauled, but generally seems to be the same. June 2023.

Bayonetta Origins - Practically the same trailer from The Game Awards is shown off, just with Direct voiceover talking about the game. Very little is shown off, more of a reminder it exists. March 17th, 2023.

Fire Emblem Engage Expansion Pass Wave 2 - New Emblem Bracelet is Ryoma and Xander from Fates. New Divine Paralogue map is added, character unlocked through it is Chrom from Awakening. February 17th, 2023.

GBA NSO Emulator announced, part of the NSO Expansion Pack. Launch games include Castlevania Aria of Sorrow and Circle of the Moon, Drill Dozer, F-Zero Maximum Velocity, Golden Sun 1+2, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Mario Party Advance, Metroid Fusion, etc. 29 total for release. Mother 3 is confirmed to be in the Japanese version but not any other region at launch. April 21st, 2023.

Sizzle reel at the end shows off Tales of Symphonia, Octopath Traveler 2, Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, Atelier Ryza 3, Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star (March 3rd release confirmed), Minecraft Legends (Q2 2023), Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, Dokapon Kingdom, Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection, Silksong is shown, but same trailer as before.
TloZ TotK - shows off new features, characters, and locations. Dungeons are confirmed. Ends with new amiibo announcement and a reminder of release date. A direct is planned for April before it's released but won't be mentioned at this direct.

Final announcement is a new trailer for Pikmin 4. Showcases the 4 new playable characters (2 of which are descendants of Olimar and Alph). Game has a in-game deadline to beat, much like the original had a 30-day cap, and a difficulty mode that removes the deadline. Many features from Pikmin 3 Deluxe return, such as challenge modes, Bingo Battle, and co-op story mode. 1 new Pikmin is shown off, but 3 total new types are planned. New type is ice Pikmin. There are new ice areas that normal Pikmin can't walk across quickly, but the ice types can. They are light blue in color and will also survive in water like blue Pikmin. Releases August 10th.

There was a datamine for Fire Emblem DLC. It makes some of these leaks already false lol

But even then, they weren’t trying as hard. Expect the third one tried a bit.

Everybody here quoting Nate wondering if he now knows when the Direct will air and if he knows the content of It, when we should ask ourselves what he would buy with that 5$ gift. Be Better than this Fami.

TOTK gameplay trailer

Mario Kart 8 DLC wave 4
Starfox 1+2 Relaunched
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom gameplay trailer
Mario Party 3 N64 online
Gameboy on NSO
Gameboy Advance on NSO Expansion Pass
Dragon Quest: The Zenithian Saga
Fire Emblem: Engage DLC
Kirby RtDL Deluxe reminder
Metroid Prime 4 teaser. No gameplay, but shows Sylux ambushing Samus' ship and making her crash land on a planet

February 15th, 3pm PST

interesting a common thread here of the fake predictions is NSO GBA or GB dropping.

The 3rd prediction with cloud version CoD i think makes it sound false. DF themselves think the single player campaign may be what we end up with if Activision is forced to port to Switch, but it's entirely possible to do the MP warzone on mobile or really do put the pedal to the metal and do a proper port of the entire game to Switch. More likely the CoD deal is for future platforms. The deal was just announced.

Okay, we are entering direct territory!
Put your hype belts darlings, we are leaving the DOOMPOSTING airport now!!!
We are not sure when we will land.Turbulence is guaranted!
Lightning strikes trice!

Direct season is almost upon us.
ff34a8f41b939b11b2bbf97bab7de0e723662250.jpg

Lmao at people thinking they're going to announce the Pokemon DLC at any time other than Pokemon day
I believe Sw/Sh DLC was announced at a time other than Pokemon Day. I think it was announced a month or so before. Definitely weird tbh so I think you are right in that DLC for S/V should be announced on Pokemon Day. I can foresee a Pokemon direct where they announce not just the dlc but this planned patch for S/V
Any specific reasoning ?
yeah but it is a kirby remake. It's slightly different haha.

Mario plunging into new depths.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I believe Sw/Sh DLC was announced at a time other than Pokemon Day. I think it was announced a month or so before. Definitely weird tbh so I think you are right in that DLC for S/V should be announced on Pokemon Day. I can foresee a Pokemon direct where they announce not just the dlc but this planned patch for S/V

yeah but it is a kirby remake. It's slightly different haha.
I’m pretty sure the reason the 2020 Pokémon Direct was so early in 2020 was because they also needed to announce Pokémon Rescue Team: Rescue Team DX, which launched on March 6, 2020 (two months after it was announced).

working on a Direct post. um, can someone tell me some rumored/plausible third party announcements? I have Batman and Katamari. maybe @9-Volt?
Plausible?

Dragon Quest 3 2D-HD remake is shown again, global launch 2023

Something new for Ace Attorney, a new entry or another collection

A new Fortune Street or a remaster of the wii entry (we just got Dokapon Kingdom remaster)

Nightdive Studio is doing another retro shooter revival that's coming to Switch. If I have to guess it'll be another Turok remaster, either Rage Wars or Shadows of Oblivion.

Not for this direct, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Tales of the Abyss (or another Tales of) remaster in 2024.

Someone took a chance and is localizing Momotaro Dentetsu.

Dark Souls 2 remaster

Final Fantasy Tactics Remake/Remaster revealed

Final Fantasy 9 Remake revealed

working on a Direct post. um, can someone tell me some rumored/plausible third party announcements? I have Batman and Katamari. maybe @9-Volt?
Right away.

Currently rated, but not announced:
Borderlands 3
Humankind
Ghost Trick
Anno 1800
MLB The Show 14 (may not be a Direct announcement)
Trek to Yomi

Trademarked:
SaGa Emerald Beyond
We Love Katamari Reroll
Tales of Arise (may not be a game)
Baten Kaitos

Retail listings (these have tendency to be false):
Batman Arkham Collection
Biomutant

Teased by devs:
Gothic II remaster

Expected stuff:
Nier Replicant
Soul Hackers 2
One Piece Odyssey
Pac-man World 2 remake
Final Fantasy Tactics remaster
New Mana game
More Star Wars remasters from Aspyr
Nvidia Lightspeed's next ports (either Half Life or Metal Gear Solid)
More Tales games
More Suikoden games
THQ Nordic late ports (Destroy All Humans 2, MX vs ATV, Wreckreation)

Man, so many people are willing this into existence, From needs to take notice. It needs to happen. Or Nintendo, I have this big suspicion that DS1 port was Nintendo's idea.
Yeah, I think Nintendo specifically wanted to get a lot of beloved "core" games like Skyrim, Doom, Dark Souls, etc and I'm pretty confident that they'll try to again with games like Elden Ring for Switch 2.

Almost definitely a pipe dream, but if other games from From's recent output gets ported, I hope they fix the audio situation in the DaS1 port. Shit sounds abysmal and I would get it if fixed

Any plausible rumours of Mass Effect trilogy? I remember the devs not ruling it out completely
Nothing so far. The devs did want it to happen, but at the moment there seems to be an EA-sized blockade on that road.
Yeah, I think Nintendo specifically wanted to get a lot of beloved "core" games like Skyrim, Doom, Dark Souls, etc and I'm pretty confident that they'll try to again with games like Elden Ring for Switch 2.
Indeed that was apparently a thing, and the idea of a bunch of Nintendo execs making a list of necessary third party ports (not unlike the kind of thing we do around here on a regular basis) is pretty funny: "Ok, guys we need Skyrim, and NBA 2K, and FIFA... oh! And something from Rockstar, write it down, just in case! And Street Fighter! Can't forget Street Fighter!"

I'm still amazed that Valkyrie Elysium skipped the Switch. I don't see Sony being involved in this game at all and since the game failed I can't see it being ported to the Switch in the future.
Another missed opportunity from Square.

Real talk

If you re going to do a fake 4chan leak about prime 4 at least be more creative.

Dont make the "footage" be a rehash of the opening of the first two prime games. This is Prime 4 after all, not Prime 3.5

Be cool if Nintendo push for a Street Fighter 6 port for the next console, by then it would be the Super Turbo All In Championship Edition as well

This is Prime 4 after all, not Prime 3.5
We don't necessarily know that.
After all, Tears of the Kingdom has been in development for almost as long and people are still saying it's "Breath of the Wild 1.5"

*runs away*

I'm still amazed that Valkyrie Elysium skipped the Switch. I don't see Sony being involved in this game at all and since the game failed I can't see it being ported to the Switch in the future.
Another missed opportunity from Square.
That's the shittiest part of not getting Switch ports day and date with the other consoles: seeing a game that could potentially come to Switch but isn't currently planned for the system is like "Damn, I hope this game does well on those systems I don't own so the publisher concludes there's money to be made by putting it on a console I do own."

Yet another reason why the "late port strategy" is a load of bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom