• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
they're probably boosting switch production to use them as drink coasters at the toad cafe
They are going to do something similar to the DS Systems as a guide/ordering service that they had at Mariners games. Switches checked out upon entry to the park and a labo VR system so you can explore the map.

I knew it, you're Jon Cartwright
6c9.gif

we should probably care about that instead...

I'm gonna be honest the constant misuse of the word over there just makes me instantly sigh at it being brought up.

Nintendo does a couple of definitely anticonsumer things like the entire Joycon situation. The problem is people suddenly conflating "I don't like this practice" with it being anticonsumer. See also: discussing amiibo piracy in Era is legal because "physical locked DLC is anticonsumer because we said so". Or "selling pokemon double packs is anticonsumer"

All throwing words around does is increase the signal to noise ratio and end up hiding the legitimate issues. It benefits no one and is born of a weird need to have personal opinions turned into "objective" facts due to wider general insecurities.

Why's it so quiet? The direct is probably in the next two or three weeks. You'd think this thread would be more active.
It's the weekend + there's nothing to really talk about until Monday and there's some excitement to build on + Fire Emblem Engage just came out

I'm gonna say the Direct is on February 1st or 2nd.

I have a doctor's appointment those days and Nintendo always has something for me to talk about whenever I do.

Worst case scenario is it ends up on February 23rd since I also have an appointment scheduled for that day as well.

it must be fun to have friends who like mario party, because lmao...

Playing online sucks. Like...its the most boring experience ever if i cannot talk to the other person.

Well i guess by each iteration the games have been getting better at handling multiplayer so i guess by the next MP it will support voice and chat, i hope so.

i completely forgot abut it since there would be no starfield
Im personally really stoked to see more forza but yeah, lol starfield is a whole other thread derailing bag of worms. Ill say i expect a delay to the holiday season, but who knows! Zelda could get delayed to then too for all we know

I think the direct will be on the 9th. Two days after their 9 month earnings release, the first full week of Feb, and two days before the three months mark from Zelda.

I think the direct will be on the 9th. Two days after their 9 month earnings release, the first full week of Feb, and two days before the three months mark from Zelda.

This is the most logical guess I'm ever seen.

Which means it's probably wrong.

What are the chances of Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Rare Replay coming to Switch or its successor?
Rare Replay I could believe; maybe if they swapped out Viva Pinata and threw StarFox Adventures into the mix. Halo MCC...Nate and Zell both hinted at it respectively, but at this point whatever motions were being made clearly stalled years ago.

Even if it was just the first Halo game I would have paid full price just to have a damn FPS multiplayer shooter on Switch, but alas I don't think we'll ever know how far along the project got before the wheels fell off.

Important update from Sakurai-san!!!!

it's a kitty!

I was about to ask if it's the same cat Sakurai put into Super Smash Bros Brawl all those years ago, but apparently he already disproved the claim as false 😞

Idk still looks like the same kitty to me

Feb 8th is my guess because Wednesday directs in February have been the most common for the last while.
Yeah, exactly. Wednesday directs (of any kind) are the most common anyway, unless there's a reason for the day of the week to be shifted. Directs in the beginning of the year and game-specific events don't have any schedule considerations per se, so they go on Wednesday. Meanwhile, E3 directs are usually on the weekend or earlier in the week to coincide with the show floor and September directs try to be close to Tokyo Game Show (but not too close)

Something nice I randomly thought about. In this constant purgatory of waiting for Nintendo news, May is probably the longest month where nothing usually happens while we wait for E3. But with TotK stratigcally placed there, it should make the wait much better. Between the previews and the marketing ramp up, then the reviews, then the actual playing of the game, that's the entire month sorted out for Nintendo content. And then early June will be there before we know it.

That's assuming of course that they have something for June.

That would be hell boring even for Nintendo standarts to have it on the same day as last year. But again (September 13th Direct in 2017,2018 (that was after delay) and in 2022.

8th however sounds better, and it will be in Japan on the 9th (if they go back to previous airing hours).

That would be hell boring even for Nintendo standarts to have it on the same day as last year. But again (September 13th Direct in 2017,2018 (that was after delay) and in 2022.

8th however sounds better, and it will be in Japan on the 9th (if they go back to previous airing hours).
I think it’ll be on the 1st/2nd in order to have the final Octopath 2 trailer and demo announcement. The last several final demos for Asano games were out 22ish days beforehand, so it lines up perfectly. Either that or it’s just dropped by itself, but still that week.

I think it’ll be on the 1st/2nd in order to have the final Octopath 2 trailer and demo announcement. The last several final demos for Asano games were out 22ish days beforehand, so it lines up perfectly. Either that or it’s just dropped by itself, but still that week.
That could really be it, but again Nintendo is not publishing it this time (but the fact that it was revealed in the Direct seems like they want to promote it heavily).

I'm glad the poll closed so people can clearly see what 16 people end up being right again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom