• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the silence about new hardware I actually don’t think there will be anything this year.
This is good since Nintendo will want to keep the momentum and will rely on Software to push more hardware sales. The line up so far is not for the new adopters (Bayonetta, Splatoon) so a future Direct should have some surprises.
I think everything lines up for a new 2D Mario (Movie, slowing hardware sales) which always pushes a lot of sales. I don’t think a new 3D Donkey Kong could have a similar effect.

Yeah, Gust games actually look pretty good relative to their (I assume?) tiny budgets and short development time. Intelligent Systems themselves already made (imo) one of most visually impressive Switch games with Origami King, so them making the game with some sort of assistance by Gust could definitely end up being among the best looking Switch games, which would obviously be an insane jump from Three Houses, which is probably the worst looking first party Switch game lol. It would also be interesting to see what Gust is capable of when assisting on a game with a significantly higher budget and longer development time than anything they've ever made alone.

Personally, I'm guessing their assistance will be helping with the artstyle, so the next FE will look like a really pretty cel-shaded game.
I think an amazing thing Gust has is a pipeline that allows them such short dev time. And since its almost annually it might be hard to pick up but in Sophie 2 the lighting and models look really nice. So as you said a longer dev time with a bigger budget (plus the gameplay is mostly like done by IS) makes for a compelling title.

The engine probably dint help Three House, but given the scope they needed something akin to the musuo games.

I think an amazing thing Gust has is a pipeline that allows them such short dev time. And since its almost annually it might be hard to pick up but in Sophie 2 the lighting and models look really nice. So as you said a longer dev time with a bigger budget (plus the gameplay is mostly like done by IS) makes for a compelling title.

The engine probably dint help Three House, but given the scope they needed something akin to the musuo games.
Yeah, that crusty Koei Tecmo engine is pretty bad, lol. Given that this upcoming FE game is seemingly? being developed primarily in-house by IS this time, I assume/hope they'll have their own in-house engine, which should hopefully help Gust's contribution to the visuals look even better since I'm pretty sure their own games are also made on the KT Musou engine.

Will a direct be announced in 10 minutes? Almost certainly not. There's not a single reason to expect one at a time like this

and yet

To the people expecting a Direct announcement and “resetting” the “clock” when it’s not even June: please relax. Because it’s not a part of a larger event with a more detailed schedule, it’ll get announced like a day and a half beforehand. And it’s probably not happening until mid-June. So chill

To the people expecting a Direct announcement and “resetting” the “clock” when it’s not even June: please relax. Because it’s not a part of a larger event with a more detailed schedule, it’ll get announced like a day and a half beforehand. And it’s probably not happening until mid-June. So chill
Absolutely agree. No reason for Nintendo to reveal it early if it’s not part of a larger showcase like E3. They’ll treat it like a normal Direct, and reveal it the morning before.

Of course I’d LOVE to be wrong on this one… I certainly wouldn’t complain about knowing a date in advance. I just don’t expect it.

I don't expect one. I agree it's more likely to have a typical announcement timing. Actually, I'm sorta personally in the camp that they may just skip the month altogether, which would be fine, just a bit of a bummer.

That said, I still like to check on the hour every so often to see if they announce it... You never know, after all. I'm not despairing or anything, though

Funnily enough nintendo has been doing weekly MK8D wave 1 tweets for a while and they just tweeted out their 8th and final track today

I'm resetting for pokemon, which can basically happen at any moment now. Direct itself I won't be resetting for for a couple of weeks

Who wants to see an new BS / Fake / 4chan Leak to shorten the waiting time? Nobody...? Well here you have it.. anyway!

Pokemon Presents on June 7th, with an announcement on the 6th.
A Pokémon Presents will air on June 7th at 10:00am EST/7:00am PST. Expect an official announcement on June 6th.

• Pokémon Snap coming to Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack
  • Pokémon GO: Hisuian forms & evolutions will be available beginning June 10th.
  • Pokémon Unite: Blaziken added as a playable Pokémon. Anniversary costumes for Pikachu, Charizard & Greninja will be available between June 7th and August 31st.
  • Pokémon Legends Arceus: Secrets of the Sinjoh (Paid Story DLC)
  • Pokémon Scarlet & Violet Official Trailer

General Nintendo Direct on June 14th, with an announcement on the 8th

• Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
  • Fire Emblem: Three Hopes
  • Trinity Trigger
  • Tetris 99: Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse Port
  • Splatoon 3 Research Footage
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Two Point Campus
  • No Man’s Sky
  • Metroid Prime HD
  • Mario Strikers Battle League: Post-Launch Content
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages & Seasons Remakes (releasing as two separate games)
  • Star Wars Hunters
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 2
  • Bayonetta 3
  • 3rd-Party & Indie Sizzle Reel
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate amiibo Wave 21 (Steve, Alex, Sephiroth)
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate amiibo Wave 22 (Pyra & Mythra, Kazuya, Sora)
  • New N64 games coming to NSO Expansion Pass: Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Tooie, Diddy Kong Racing, 1080 Snowboarding, Bomberman 64, Jet Force Gemini, Super Smash Bros., Pilotwings 64
  • The Legend of Zelda: Curse of the Ancients (Zelda BoTW2)

Last edited:
Who wants to see an new BS / Fake / 4chan Leak to shorten the waiting time? Nobody...? Well here you have it.. anyway!
Can't wait for Zelda: COTA
Thank you for posting these, I'm def not browsing 4chan but they are very entertaining 🛐

A Pokémon Presents will air on June 7th at 10:00am EST/7:00am PST. Expect an official announcement on June 6th.

• Pokémon Unite: Blaziken added as a playable Pokémon. Anniversary costumes for Pikachu, Charizard & Greninja will be available between June 7th and August 31st.

• Trinity Trigger
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Two Point Campus
  • No Man’s Sky
  • Metroid Prime HD
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages & Seasons Remakes (releasing as two separate games)
  • Star Wars Hunters
  • Bayonetta 3
  • New N64 games coming to NSO Expansion Pass: Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Tooie, Diddy Kong Racing, 1080 Snowboarding, Bomberman 64, Jet Force Gemini, Super Smash Bros., Pilotwings 64
  • The Legend of Zelda: Curse of the Ancients aka Zelda Breath of the Wild 2
I may be misremembering but didn't we already get a TETRIS 99 collab for Kirby and the Forgotten Land??

• Trinity Trigger
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Two Point Campus
  • No Man’s Sky
  • Metroid Prime HD
  • Star Wars Hunters
  • Bayonetta 3
  • The Legend of Zelda: Curse of the Ancients aka Zelda Breath of the Wild 2
Scroll downs to the bottom and sees BOTW2 subtitle

Please be fake.

Breath of the Wild 2 title better actually be a spolier-ish title for why it’s not revealed.

Cause a lot of thee fake titles don’t say much either.

Or just be Breath of the Wild 2. The spolier being…it’s Breath of the Wild. Again.

Yeah, that crusty Koei Tecmo engine is pretty bad, lol. Given that this upcoming FE game is seemingly? being developed primarily in-house by IS this time, I assume/hope they'll have their own in-house engine, which should hopefully help Gust's contribution to the visuals look even better since I'm pretty sure their own games are also made on the KT Musou engine.
That is interesting, cause it would seem that it has gotten better since FE. Cause Three Hopes looks way better and Touken Ranbu Warriors has one of the coolest looking shades of purple ever, plus it looks overall great.

June 7th isn't mid June though. The law of jury duty has spoken, we know the date of the direct.

i think Nintendo may continue their E3 format despite it being gone. Announce more ahead of time, Direct + treehouse event

Maybe it’s because even though they were part of E3 last year, it was all virtual so it was pretty much a non factor anyway yet they still chose to do what they normally do there.

If we’re getting Treehouse, I fully expect it to be announced more than just a day in advance btw

i think Nintendo may continue their E3 format despite it being gone. Announce more ahead of time, Direct + treehouse event

Maybe it’s because even though they were part of E3 last year, it was all virtual so it was pretty much a non factor anyway yet they still chose to do what they normally do there.

If we’re getting Treehouse, I fully expect it to be announced more than just a day in advance btw
I can see an announcement coming a week before the Direct if they do treehouse. An announcement only a couple days before a Direct+Treehouse isn’t enough notice at all, since treehouse is at least a couple of hours by itself. Maybe we will get a week notice, in that case we could see an announcement in a week or 2.

I can see an announcement coming in the dead of night, via Miyamoto creeping into everyone's bedrooms and then yelling the time and date of the Direct through a megaphone directly into our ears.

I can see an announcement coming in the dead of night, via Miyamoto creeping into everyone's bedrooms and then yelling the time and date of the Direct through a megaphone directly into our ears.
That's not really Miyamoto's style tho
It's gonna be Koizumi

• Trinity Trigger
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Two Point Campus
  • No Man’s Sky
  • Metroid Prime HD
  • Star Wars Hunters
  • Bayonetta 3
a number of those games already appeared in a Direct and probably won't appear again

• Trinity Trigger
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Two Point Campus
  • No Man’s Sky
  • Metroid Prime HD
  • Star Wars Hunters
  • Bayonetta 3
No Wave Race 64?

SMH

• Trinity Trigger
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Two Point Campus
  • No Man’s Sky
  • Metroid Prime HD
  • Star Wars Hunters
  • Bayonetta 3
Literally nothing new lol

Also Sora Amiibo already confirmed to be not happening.

Untitled-1.jpg

What if Miyamoto crept into everyone’s bedrooms and placed a copy of Super Mario Odyssey 2 on everyone’s game shelf but never said a word. How long till people realised they had it sitting waiting for them!

• Trinity Trigger
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Two Point Campus
  • No Man’s Sky
  • Metroid Prime HD
  • Star Wars Hunters
  • Bayonetta 3
Waaaaaaay too megaton, almost made me cry

Man instead of that garbage 1-2 sequel we’re about to get Nintendo really should’ve done a sequel to Nintendo Land. It would do so good on Switch. Nintendo Land was a really great multiplayer experience and used Nintendo’s IPs.

What if Miyamoto crept into everyone’s bedrooms and placed a copy of Super Mario Odyssey 2 on everyone’s game shelf but never said a word. How long till people realised they had it sitting waiting for them!
He better do this with Pikmin 4. He comes in a Direct and says: oh, you were asking for this game for years, well am happy to tell you that the game is available starting today, check under your pillow. There is a Pikmin 4 game waiting for you.

Man instead of that garbage 1-2 sequel we’re about to get Nintendo really should’ve done a sequel to Nintendo Land. It would do so good on Switch. Nintendo Land was a really great multiplayer experience and used Nintendo’s IPs.
I occasionally still play Mario Chase with my mom and sister, it's really fun

Quick poll, when will next Fire Emblem be release?

Option 1: Q4 2022 (october-december)
Option 2: Q1 2023 (january-march)
Option 3: Q2 2023 (april-june)
Option 4: +Q3 2023
Tought between option 1 and 2 for me, but I'll be optimistic and go 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom