• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
God of War fans knowing they're probably gonna be eating this week even if the Direct doesn't deliver.

161_T13A7379.jpg

So I probably need someone to reel me back to being reasonable since what I am about to suggest is justifiably crazy. Since Nate has noted June 28th is a partner direct and with mentions of Mario Rabbids 2 being shown next week, I have myself a conspiracy theory based on the fact the Brazalian source and the girl who noted June 29th may also somehow still be right also?

Note I'm likely crazy but is there a slim possibility that Mario Rabbids 2 shows up on the 28th in the partner and also shows up in another form on June 29th as some other people on twitter were noting they were hearing?? Like hear me out, is there any chance that we get the partner direct on 28th and then a Mario-specific direct showing Mario Rabbids 2 and other Mario game updates in a standalone direct on the 29th (i.e. Mario Kart DLC wave 2, a tease of new character in Strikers, etc etc)? Since it'd fit the bill of a 3rd party focused direct on 28th like Nate suggests but if some other big figures hearing that Mario Rabbids has something being shown on the 29th is in some other nintendo focused showcase (like a mario direct) they do on the 29th where both ends could be right... Since to me, if Mario Rabbids 2 isn't in the partner showcase and instead is only shown on the 29th, then I'd be entirely baffled. So I want to think there has to be some chance that we get a Mario Rabbids direct or a Mario direct period on the 29th (which would still fit the bill of what some other industry people have posted on twitter that they have been hearing of something on the morning of the 29th)...

It'd come down to being one of the most insanely weird Nintendo moves possible. Since we had the Super Mario 35th anniversary direct one week then a partner showcase like 1 week later (which I think was the one with MH and Ori revealed in it).

Someone please send help. I feel I am on too much hope noting the weirdest theory I have probably ever thought of to date... I think I need to go to therapy after this because this isn't good for me I feel lol

So I probably need someone to reel me back to being reasonable since what I am about to suggest is justifiably crazy. Since Nate has noted June 28th is a partner direct and with mentions of Mario Rabbids 2 being shown next week, I have myself a conspiracy theory based on the fact the Brazalian source and the girl who noted June 29th may also somehow still be right also?

Note I'm likely crazy but is there a slim possibility that Mario Rabbids 2 shows up on the 28th in the partner and also shows up in another form on June 29th as some other people on twitter were noting they were hearing?? Like hear me out, is there any chance that we get the partner direct on 28th and then a Mario-specific direct showing Mario Rabbids 2 and other Mario game updates in a standalone direct on the 29th (i.e. Mario Kart DLC wave 2, a tease of new character in Strikers, etc etc)? Since it'd fit the bill of a 3rd party focused direct on 28th like Nate suggests but if some other big figures hearing that Mario Rabbids has something being shown on the 29th is in some other nintendo focused showcase (like a mario direct) they do on the 29th where both ends could be right... Since to me, if Mario Rabbids 2 isn't in the partner showcase and instead is only shown on the 29th, then I'd be entirely baffled. So I want to think there has to be some chance that we get a Mario Rabbids direct or a Mario direct period on the 29th (which would still fit the bill of what some other industry people have posted on twitter that they have been hearing of something on the morning of the 29th)...

It'd come down to being one of the most insanely weird Nintendo moves possible. Since we had the Super Mario 35th anniversary direct one week then a partner showcase like 1 week later (which I think was the one with MH and Ori revealed in it).

Someone please send help. I feel I am on too much hope noting the weirdest theory I have probably ever thought of to date... I think I need to go to therapy after this because this isn't good for me I feel lol
Heh heh...I wish 🥲

God of War fans knowing they're probably gonna be eating this week even if the Direct doesn't deliver.

161_T13A7379.jpg

I doubt there's gonna be anything in the partner/mini direct that's on media reception of GOW

Actual disregard I misunderstood

Last edited:
Whether it happens or not as part of the presentation next week, I made a thread for your final Wave 2 predictions for the Mario Kart 8 DLC so we can have it all in one place with the whole Fami community! Come hang out, discuss, and vote in the poll!

Incidentally, I'm still nearly 20 pages behind on this thread, but I'll catch up tonight! Love the passion and emotional rollercoaster lol.

You're not crazy! I believe we've heard that we should expect a Partner Showcase on Tuesday, and then more Mario + Rabbids gameplay in its own thing on Wednesday

Whether it happens or not as part of the presentation next week, I made a thread for your final Wave 2 predictions for the Mario Kart 8 DLC so we can have it all in one place with the whole Fami community! Come hang out, discuss, and vote in the poll!

Incidentally, I'm still nearly 20 pages behind on this thread, but I'll catch up tonight! Love the passion and emotional rollercoaster lol.
Awesome! :)

You're not crazy! I believe we've heard that we should expect a Partner Showcase on Tuesday, and then more Mario + Rabbids gameplay in its own thing on Wednesday
Note I still think I'm crazy in general but like I want to feel that there is some small but weird possibility we see Mario Rabbids vaguely in a partner direct on the 28th with an announcement for a specific direct going into more detail on Mario Rabbids for the 29th (for 9am the following day which would fit the information several other industry people were suggesting on twitter).

Like unless there is a large swath of industry people all being fed the information about something on the 29th, I seriously want to think that it ain't just garbage incorrect info being spread to almost everyone but Nate (since several others are all still suggesting on 29th like the Brazilian source was suggesting 9am June 29th and Alanah Pearce hearing a direct was happening on 29th could just be a Mario Rabbids direct that they assumed was the main direct for summer 2022)... I want to believe that Nate got a specific set of information and the people hearing the 29th could both be right here since we're all assuming is conflicting info but what if the information isn't conflicting and we have a 3rd party focused direct on the 28th that announced a specific deep dive direct on Mario Rabbids for the 29th (which also could line up with Jeff Grubb mentioning he was hearing Nintendo was spreading over their stuff over a larger time period this summer as Nintendo put a Xenoblade focused direct last week, is having a 3rd party focused one on 28th apparently and I feel having a bigger segment specifically for Mario Rabbids in the partner direct would face the same backlash as people who would've been angry if we had a long Xenoblade segment or any specific game having an extremely excessive segment in the partner direct plus being not really the appropriate time to do a long showcase in my view).

Like I want to think this is a scenario where Nate has constantly heard information about only the direct on the 28th but just wasn't didn't receive information to suggest made aware of the fact Nintendo might do a direct focused on detailing Mario Rabbids in more depth akin to the Xenoblade direct we had this past week.

Also since I remembered this, if people recall, the September 2020 partner showcase started with the 2 new MH games revealed and announced there would be a MH direct following that direct. Nintendo isn't afraid of announcing series focused directs in their directs. We also had the Animal Crossing Direct announced in the September 2021 direct to happen sometime in October 2021. I genuinely think this might be a scenario where the people that were hearing the 29th are confusing the Mario Rabbids event as the main direct showcasing the titles which I might be wrong but I think Nate was making this point that the people saying 29th are possibly confusing information assuming the rest of the showcase is happening at the same time but is still possibly a game focused direct or mario focused direct happening by itself on the 29th due to the nature of people usually having incomplete information that usually leads people to make assumptions.

I’ll be happy with my little tiny cozy direct next week.
Yeah same! The only thing I’m keeping my fingers crossed for is the word “yakuza” to be said. Otherwise I’m just happy to see what they’ve got.

I bet we see Portal shadow dropped.

Actually I'm gonna go overboard with my speculations now. I think we see a Mario Direct on June 29th for Mario Rabbids 2 full in depth showcase and also will get a Fire Emblem Direct sometime soon (probably in July or August) detailing what I figure is the likely to happen Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes expansion pass announcement and teasing the next new fire emblem game that the Three Houses developed (which I think Nate and Emily have suggested seems to have been finished last year and is being sat on now). Since we all figure now that the reason the new Fire Emblem hasn't been revealed was Nintendo wanting to not overshadow Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes prior to launch. And with it now released, I feel we can see a Fire Emblem direct of Nintendo just showcasing Fire Emblem stuff. And maybe throw in a tease of IS's remake that I think has been noted is also in development if Nintendo really tries to steal our wallets lmao.

I have had the Fire Emblem 1 timed released sitting in my back catalog since November 2020 but haven't gotten around to it and probably won't for a while. Damn you Xenoblade for sucking up all my free time these past few months lol

What's on the drink menu for today?
I made some “super juice” which is a fancy way to say I did some food chemistry to extract flavor from the peels pull the oils out while st the same time reducing the oxidization of the juice itself. Anyhow. I yield about 7-8x the juice form one lime. I made mai tais with this and real likes and my wife thought the super juice was the real lime. So success. I will be using that and the homemade coconut cream to make some tropical drinks this weekend since it is into the 90s.

I’m sure this was for Nate but thought I would share.

If I get Portal shadow dropped, Persona games coming to Switch, Mario + Rabbids it’ll be the best Partners direct for me. If Batman is there that’s great too. I’m skeptical on a NATIVE port of RDR2. Cloud sounds like what we would get and that’s nothing too me.

me: (owns Yakuza 0 on 3 different platforms already)

also me: hope Nintendo announces Yakuza 0 for Switch so I can buy it again
Since I ordered this PS5, I wishlisted every Yakuza game I could find to make sure it’s on the list. I’m ready to play that Toylet game.

In all honesty though, I will probably just get PS plus if I keep this order and play all the PS4 games I never played for $60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom