• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that it's a NON-mini Partner Showcase? You know, like just a REGULAR Partner Showcase Direct? Given some of the rumored stuff we're hearing? Doesn't sound like they're going to be doing multiple this year. Maybe this is just a one-off for the year?

If I get Portal shadow dropped, Persona games coming to Switch, Mario + Rabbids it’ll be the best Partners direct for me. If Batman is there that’s great too. I’m skeptical on a NATIVE port of RDR2. Cloud sounds like what we would get and that’s nothing too me.
For me the list is...
Portal Collection
Persona
GoldenEye
Tomb Raider isometric games

I had a dream last night that the direct was in fact a partner direct but with one exception being an open world Mario game set in the Strikers world/aesthetic where you could drive Bowser's car from 3D World.

Not gonna lie been drinking playing Strikers Battle League with a buddy and that fooled me real good.

Something about the phrase "the first" instantly sent me into dread mode.

* deep breath *

Yall.

These fake accounts are gonna give me palpitations, help me out.

It should be clear by now we're getting an Interpretive Dance Direct. Six hours of news relayed through the highly subjective medium of interpretive dance.

If I get Portal shadow dropped, Persona games coming to Switch, Mario + Rabbids it’ll be the best Partners direct for me. If Batman is there that’s great too. I’m skeptical on a NATIVE port of RDR2. Cloud sounds like what we would get and that’s nothing too me.
M&R2 and Bayonetta 3 would seal the deal for me. Anything else is gravy.

FF9 remake would be my jump up and down moment. I just want to know that it's coming to Switch.

I’ll try to have tonight’s Direct Quiz Question up shortly. Sorry for the delay.

Something about the phrase "the first" instantly sent me into dread mode.
metroid-dread-samus.gif

M&R2 and Bayonetta 3 would seal the deal for me. Anything else is gravy.

FF9 remake would be my jump up and down moment. I just want to know that it's coming to Switch.
I still can’t process Square is remaking FFIX. I never thought they’d do it- remake one of the greatest games ever.

End of the World Direct. Nintendo finally doomed for real (along with the rest of the planet)

I still can’t process Square is remaking FFIX. I never thought they’d do it- remake one of the greatest games ever.
Right?!?!?

I personally won't truly believe it until it actually happens. Like, if it's the only thing that doesn't come true from the Nvidia leak, wouldn't surprise me. To good to be true. Don't care how much smoke there is. I need to SEE it.

I don't understand how one reads that tweet and the take away is, "So plans are going to change?"
dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

Edit: But seriously, some people are getting hung up on the acceptance stage of grief. So anything you say is going to be spun to give them some hope for a general direct.

It doesn't really matter what you say. Just you posting is giving them some wiggle room to avoid the likely reality.

Insiders: "Plans change"

Nintendo in the Year 2012: "And for 2022, we shall start with a Nintendo Direct on February 9. Then on a Pokemon Presents on the 27th. We'll then do an Indie World on May 11. In June, we'll have a Xenoblade 3 Direct on on the 22nd. Hopefully the first game does well enough that so we actually make a third game. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Moving on, we'll do a surprise Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase on the 28th. Yes, we'll trick them into thinking the series is dead and we'll drop a new one out of nowhere!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom