• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Your Final Predictions/Dreams For Mario Kart 8 BCP Wave 2! Plus Last(?) MK64 Track Poll!

What Is The Final(?) N64 Track In The BCP?

• Luigi Circuit

• Moo Moo Farm

• Koopa Troopa Beach

• Kalimari Desert

• Frappe Snowland

• Mario Raceway

• Wario Stadium

• Sherbet Land

• Bowser's Castle

• DK's Jungle Parkway

• Banshee Boardwalk

Results are only viewable after voting.

xghost777

Magical Girls <3 #TeamJRPG #TrustTheProcess
With a heavily rumored Nintendo Presentation coming this week, I wanted to reach out to the full Fami community and ask what you think are the eight courses for Wave 2 of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's Booster Course Pass. To be clear here, there's no guarantee that Wave 2 will be announced and/or released on Tuesday and Wednesday, however if Nintendo has a regular schedule for the BCP (say every 4 months which would end the pass in November 2023) an announcement and release should be coming in the next few weeks at worst.

Despite my thread title and poll (which I'll explain in the spoiler tag), I'd like to say upfront you can answer the general question here however you'd like; what are the 8 tracks of Wave 2 that fill the Turnip and Propeller Cups? Pick your 8 dream courses or make use of as much dataming information as you'd like to predict your eight picks and give us some insight into some of your selection so this isn't just a list thread (an extra sentence or two is fine if you don't want to go all out). There are no winners here, except all of us sharing our love of Mario Kart and the fun of both dreaming big and predicting well. I'm throwing behind the datamine info behind a spoiler tag to keep the OP clean, but in it I'll be quoting two posts from the Mario Kart 8 Booster Course Pass ST (an awesome thread y'all should visit if you haven't!) that contain awesome charts made by @MondoMega . I'll throw my own answers behind a second spoiler tag. Have fun Fami!

As for the datamined course prefixes, here they are:

szt0tsq.png
The upcoming Bangkok Track for Tour appears to be on the leaked banner as well.

Also I made a breakdown post if you want to see how courses cover the leaked banner image vs how many open spots are left for speculation!

From me:

SNES, 2 tracks, Mario Circuit
N64, 1 track
GBA, 4 tracks, Sunset Wilds
GCN, 4 tracks, Waluigi Stadium
DS, 3 tracks, Waluigi Pinball
Wii, 5 tracks, Mushroom Gorge, DK Summit, Koopa Cape, Maple Treeway
3DS, 2 tracks, Rainbow Road
Tour, 12 tracks, New York, London, Vancouver, LA, Berlin, Sydney, Singapore, Amsterdam, Bangkok
???, 7 tracks, (Sweets???)

That leaves then for unaccounted for tracks by platform as:

SNES 1 Track
N64 1 Track
GBA 3 Tracks
GCN 3 Tracks
DS 2 Tracks
Wii 1 Track
3DS 1 Track
Tour 3 Tracks
???, 7 tracks

The only thing I want to explain here is that if the dataming info is accurate for the platform breakdown, then our final N64 track is in this wave. Now this isn't a fully set conclusion for two reasons, namely the datamine breakdown of platforms for courses could change (the ? spots could morph into more straight retro tracks or the platforms could just shift entirely) and there is potential that Remix courses from Tour could come and add another track that way. If that latter scenario happens alone, well that still means only 1 pure N64 track is left to be added. If nothing else, we got a fun poll here for the most requested/predicted N64 track!

For my picks I'm rolling with:

Turnip
Tour: London Loop
SNES: Mario Circuit 2
N64: Sherbet Land
DS: Waluigi Pinball

Propellor
Tour: Vancouver Velocity
Super Circuit: Sunset Wilds
Wii: Koopa Cape
???: New Sweets Track

I have no experience with Tour, so the two city tracks I'm not terribly committed to, but I do think they'll want to space out the Ice / Snow tracks a bit and I believe Vancouver has snow and I'm expecting Merry Mountain in Wave 3 so I picked it for here (New York has to be in Wave 3 also in the Power Moon Cup)). Waluigi Pinball is definitely a fan favorite so I think that's a solid closer for a cup and I expect to see the new leaked Sweets track show up sooner or later and fill in our first ? track. Koopa Cape I'm now committed to. It just showed up in Tour and it's my favorite Wii track so yeah let's get it in here.

I gotta say though, I've been on #TeamSherbetLand for a while, but I'm getting cold feet. It's a great track, but I'm starting to believe the Vanilla Lake camp might be on to something and that's the second of the two NES tracks. I'm sticking with it for now, but if we got Bowser's Castle N64 instead I'd be over the moon happy. Incidentally, I picked Mario Circuit 2 over 1 (despite the banner image) since I love the jump in the course. Expecting to lose out here, but oh well.

Finally I'm not terribly committed to Sunset Wilds, but it leaked so why not throw it in early. Apparently the leaked banner image contains a Wave 6 track already if the platform breakdowns are accurate (we have 4/5 Wii courses leaked, the last one has to be Rainbow Road is my guess), so just because it is in the image, doesn't mean it will show up soon. But eh, why not.

Uh my poll evaporated, I'll re-add that now. Edit: Ok it's in for real!! Have fun!!

Turnip Cup:
  • Tour Berlin Byways
  • SNES Mario Circuit
  • N64 Kalimari Desert
  • DS Waluigi Pinball
Propeller Cup:
  • Tour Los Angeles Laps
  • GBA Sunset Wilds
  • Wii Koopa Cape
  • NSW Sweet Speedway (original track from leaked banner)

Turnip Cup:
  • Tour Amsterdam Drift
  • SNES Mario Circuit 1
  • N64 Koopa Troopa Beach
  • DS Waluigi Pinball

Propeller Cup:
  • Tour Los Angeles Laps
  • GBA Yoshi Desert
  • Wii DK Summit
  • 3DS Wario Shipyard

I really want Amsterdam Drift, and I could see NY and London dropping in wave 3, wit Vancouver in wave 4, already taking us to the 2021 cities at least, but I have my doubts about this one making it now, especially since there’s clearly another route to be added, I would LOVE to see it though. Yoshi Desert is here as while we know it’s coming to Tour, it hasn’t yet, similar to Coconut Mall and Shroom Ridge last wave. I think the blank prefixes are accidental, furthermore, I think we see another 3DS track, since despite Tour having nearly every 7 track, we’re supposedly only getting two more in 8 deluxe, and that’s a bit odd. I made sure to have as little theme overlap as possible, and I think I did a pretty good job, with Koopa Troopa Beach and LA both being beach themed as the only exceptions.

Turnip Cup:
Tour Los Angeles Laps
SNES Mario Circuit 1
N64 Kalimari Desert
DS Waluigi Pinball

Propeller Cup:
Tour London Loop
GBA Cheep Cheep Island
Wii Koopa Cape
NSW Ice cream / sweets track (new one, which will come to Tour after)

It's either Kalimari Desert & Cheep Cheep Island, or Koopa Troopa Beach & Sunset Wilds. I'm going with the former since I feel like Kalimari Desert would be the more popular AND unique track. I predict Kalimari Desert to combine Kalimari Desert 1 & 2 from Mario Kart Tour into one track.

With Waluigi Pinball and Koopa Cape we have two tracks that will hype up a lot of people, and the new ice cream/sweets track from the banner will keep people interested. That track will come to Tour later on. Or maybe like the release week or something. I believe that (almost) every pack will have one "original" track. Last wave it was Ninja Hideaway, next one will be the ice cream track, and wave 3 will have Merry Mountain, I think.

I’ve expressed by distrust in the datamine information in the past, but since I’ve got time to kill I might as well throw a prediction together. Don’t feel confident in it in the slightest, but that’s just the nature of these predictions.

Turnip Cup:
  • Tour New York Minute
  • SNES Vanilla Lake 2
  • N64 Kalimari Desert
  • DS Airship Fortress

Propeller Cup:
  • Tour London Loop
  • GBA Cheep Cheep Island
  • Wii Mushroom Gorge
  • GCN Waluigi Stadium
Feels weird to not have a 3DS track, but I can’t imagine we go two waves without any GCN representation.

Slight bump to this thread, but I've been dragging on doing some predictions for Wave 2 and I finally sat down and did mine:

Turnip Cup:
1. Tour New York Minute
2. SNES Mario Circuit 1
3. N64 Kalamari Desert 1 & 2
4. DS Waluigi Pinball

Propeller Cup:
1. Tour Los Angeles Laps
2. GBA Bowser Castle 1 & 2
3. Wii Koopa Cape
4. Unreleased Tour track???

Had to do some MK Tour research for a couple of these.

Turnip Cup:
1. Tour London Loop
2. SNES Mario Circuit 1
3. N64 Koopa Troopa Beach
4. DS Airship Fortress

Propeller Cup:
1. Tour Los Angeles Laps
2. GBA Cheep Cheep Island
3. Wii Mushroom Gorge
4. NEW Sundae Circuit

Back
Top Bottom