• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd want to see Odyssey 2 for the next 3D Mario. Galaxy is my favorite, and I would still be extremely hyped if we ever got Galaxy 3, but I'm not particularly hoping for it because one of the best things about 3D Mario is that the formula always gets some kind of shake up after a couple games. Odyssey only having the one game still has too much potential for me to want them to move on already.

The good things about having a sequel to BotW and eventually Odyssey 2 is that Nintendo had more than enough time to reflect on what worked the most, what should be improved and what shouldn’t be fixed if it is not broken.

Even Majora’s Mask was already improving on OoT in a year and a half : much faster text (and most of it can be skipped), dialogue much better, more animations etc.

I don’t exactly know what I would like in a new 3D Mario / Odyssey aside from having fun exploring worlds. Mario 64 was an eye opener for me : jumping around, exploring these giant levels, always trying to get everywhere, even trying to get behind these pesky invisible walls because « I’m sure there’s something beyond the princess’s palace ! ».

I was young but since I always loved exploring 2D worlds (hello Metroid & Turrican), this made me want to explore even more. Ocarina of Time did it even better but I always wished there was a jump button (« how can I explore everything if I can’t jump ?! »).

I guess the « Moon Jump » codes with the Action Replay / GameShark was invented for people like me ^^’’

Odyssey is great game but IMO its little bland in comparison to other past few 3D Mario games,
personally I would love to see Mario 3D World 2 or new 3D Mario game.

Put me in with the rest of the camp asking for Odyssey 2. Too much potential to not have another spin with the same mechanics, it would be like if we never got Galaxy 2.

I’ll take whatever 3D Mario they give me. They’re all great.
This is the real truth.

I don’t think there’s any 3D Mario Nintendo could announce that I wouldn’t be excited for and purchase. You could tell me the next 3D Mario is called 128, Sunshine 2, Galaxy 3, 3D World 2, or Odyssey 2 and my hype would skyrocket for any of them. Though I guess I’d rank in terms of what I want Odyssey 2>Galaxy 3>Sunshine 2>128>3D World 2.

And of course something new would be great as well.

3D Mario games can't be all good when Sunshine exists.

I'd rather play 64 DS with the touchscreen than that.

Sunshine is a better game than 64 but y'all not ready for that conversation.
I mean...I like it better. Playing them side by side it's amazing to me how much more fun and fluid it is to control Mario in Sunshine.

That being said, I never really had a ton of nostalgia for Mario 64. I was more of a Zelda or even DK 64 guy. It was the perfect game for its time but I don't think that it has aged all that well.

Sunshine 1 without being rushed would already be a lot better than the current situation, sadly only way for that to be fixed would be a remake which ain't happening ever.

FLUDD turns Mario into Banjo/Kazooie and since Banjo is a bad game, it follows th

I believe in May. May is the best month of the year (despite my usual allergies which are kicking of in that month).
May is fresh and comes directly to you.

is it too early to start predictions??? because uhhhh

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
you dropped this

clown-mask.gif

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

you dropped this

clown-mask.gif

is it too early to start predictions??? because uhhhh

I'm gonna have a wild guess and say... more than half of current Switch owners weren't alive when the last 3D F-Zero was launched.

That's not reason to not make a new one but we also need to keep in mind that no one else attempted to keep the genre alive since then. Except Sony.

I do think a new F-Zero is coming to Switch. It just might be next year instead of this one. However, they could have a 30 second teaser here to get the hype train going. (Like a shot of the Blue Falcon in a garage or something and everything lighting up.)

We had a thread earlier today about how effective switching to only one platform has been. I do think this year and next is where we’ll really start to feel it and much of that will be in the form of franchise revivals like Advance Wars and Mario Strikers.

Would they release another racing game while also doing Mario Kart DLC though? They haven't had two racing games side by side in a long while.
I think you definitely can. The market for racing games has room for more than one game. F-Zero also has a wildly different market than the average Mario Kart fan and hasn’t been served in a long while. Same goes for Wave Race.

Would they release another racing game while also doing Mario Kart DLC though? They haven't had two racing games side by side in a long while.
I mean, more like they haven’t had non-Mario kart racing games in a long while. Back when they did there was plenty of overlap because MK always has legs.

So far we’ve seen these old IP’s comeback in some shape

New Pokémon Snap
Famicom Detective
Wii Sports
Advance Wars
Mario Strikers

with Takahashi evoking Wave Race, saying we may see it in the future and with EPD9 being stuck on Mario Kart 8 DLC/Tour ( while being helped by Namco Bandai and DeNa ), I really hope that something is coming this year..

Even with no DLC, F-Zero will always compete with Mario Kart to get sales. In fact having Mario Kart DLC could help F-Zero sales if they do some type of crossover event in one of the circuit packs.

F-Zero almost for sure would be outsourced so it wouldnt take resources from Mario Kart team also.

The fact that a DLC for Mario Kart wich is just porting tracks from a mobile game is now considered a hindrance for a new F-Zero is a new low lol

a new F-Zero could get decent attention if it's treated as "finally a new racing game from Nintendo" , I don't think a DLC for Mario Kart fill that niche, it's not as exciting imo

I also don't agree that MK and F-Zero ever competed in sales, and even if they were having two racing games is not even a good quantity in term of how racing games there are in a console, the Market for racing games definitely is big enough to have two successful franchises at the same time

Guys, are there any big JRPGs currently anounced for Switch?
I know about Xenoblade 3, Pokemon and Live a life (remake, smaller)

But other then that... im blanking. Nothing by squarer, namco, or others.
SMT5 was always a big one, and Octopath, and then Bravely Default, MH Stories 2.

But it seems None of the 3 providers (Square,Bamco, Sega) are having something in their hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom