• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Metroid Prime Remastered |ST| Prime Prophecy Fulfilled

Samus.png

I like what they did. Looks more human because of better technology but also it's not an incredibly pretty face.
This is interesting. I wonder how Sakamoto feels since he's made numerous comments about Samus's beauty mark on her cheek.

Hopping in to ask two things before I start my first ever playthrough of Prime tomorrow:

1) For a newcomer to Prime, with no nostalgia or muscle memory for any control scheme, which scheme do we recommend?
2) I have a 65" OLED TV, and an OLED Switch. Can anyone please weigh in on whether docked or handheld is superior? I don't care about resolution or specific specs - which looks better to your eye?

The more of you who help me decide, the better haha. I absolutely can't wait!
Don’t feel educated enough to comment on the second, but default should be fine with controls! You can get a feel for that and then add gyro if you want it

Otherwise, have fun with the GOAT!!

Samus.png

I like what they did. Looks more human because of better technology but also it's not an incredibly pretty face.
this really shows just how bizarre the varia suit shoulders are. there’s no way a human person could get their arms into the arms of that power suit.

I like the music style. It really adds the atmosphere. Good that it isn't changed. It's perfect.
The menu is a banger, that's for sure. Electronic tracks are mostly fine, but everything that's supposed to be orchestral sounds grating to my ears. I think Wind Waker HD did a great job updating it's soundtrack without changing the character, as a positive example.

Samus.png

I personally think they’ve used a model that’s aiming to be literally as pretty as the original MP1 one, just far more human looking. Would have been nice to see her even a little disheveled as one might after wearing a helmet and fighting baddies.

Regardless it’s still a massive improvement over the Barbie they’d been using recently.

Soon Prime 4, Fusion, and Zero Mission will be here too.
it's goofy that they can't list Fusion yet because they decided it had to go in the "coming soon" list of GBA NSO titles instead of the launch batch lol

Once Metroid Prime 4 releases, all of the Metroid holy grails will have released so I won't know what to beg for in Directs and Game Awards anymore.
The Switch 2 if it doesn't get announced by 12/31/2023

So, if this is how Prime looks like, I can’t imagine how good Prime 4 is going to look 👀
This set a pretty have bar and unless Prime 4 is cross gen how are they going to squeeze 1080p 60fps ?

I assume remaster isn't pushing Switch quite to the max so thry ca push it plus maybe 720 to 900p dynamic with some sort of FSR upscaling would help it push more complexity at 60fps. Don't know if I want a 30fps Prime 4

This set a pretty have bar and unless Prime 4 is cross gen how are they going to squeeze 1080p 60fps ?

I assume remaster isn't pushing Switch quite to the max so thry ca push it plus maybe 720 to 900p dynamic with some sort of FSR upscaling would help it push more complexity at 60fps. Don't know if I want a 30fps Prime 4
There is no chance of Prime 4 being 30 fps.

Prime Remaster is 900p. I expect Prime 4 to be 900p dynamic targeting 60 FPS. I'm not doubting Retro at this juncture.

Is there a way to instantly perform a Charge Shot without shooting first? Other than in the end lag of something else like firing a missile.

At this point, betting against Retro Studios making a high quality game is like betting against James Cameron making a box office success.

For anyone that has played the game so far, are the machine gun turrents bullet spounges like they were in the Wii Trilogy? That was my one pet peeve with Prime 1.

Quoted by: LiC
Holy fuck

Being a (neophyte) Metroid fan feels incredible rn

While this wasn't as insane as the Dread reveal, it's pretty incredible how this announcement still got such a reaction. It's good to be reminded that Retro is amazing (and likewise, the support studios also did a great job on this too).

I know it isn't nearly as big to talk about, but getting Metroid II yesterday (and a confirmation of Fusion in the future) was also pretty nice to see. They basically doubled the number of Metroid games on the Switch. This makes me very happy, because the less I need to bust out the Wii U, the better.

I can't get over how good this game is. I played it 20 years ago when it first released, but haven't played since, and I truly forgot how great it is. It has stood up to the test of time more than I ever thought possible.

For anyone that has played the game so far, are the machine gun turrents bullet spounges like they were in the Wii Trilogy? That was my one pet peeve with Prime 1.
I don't know that any enemies have been adjusted. In the case of the turrets specifically, two missiles will take them out.

It feels so f---ing good to have Retro back after so long.
It's like seeing a childhood friend again after many years.

Well, as a self-proclaimed veteran, I can say I feel the same way.

It just feels so good to see Metroid being treated so well.

While this wasn't as insane as the Dread reveal, it's pretty incredible how this announcement still got such a reaction. It's good to be reminded that Retro is amazing (and likewise, the support studios also did a great job on this too).

I know it isn't nearly as big to talk about, but getting Metroid II yesterday (and a confirmation of Fusion in the future) was also pretty nice to see. They basically doubled the number of Metroid games on the Switch. This makes me very happy, because the less I need to bust out the Wii U, the better.
As soon as Dread was announced, I went and played every 2D Metroid in the following order:

Super Metroid (SNES Online)
Metroid: Zero Mission (emulator)
Metroid: Fusion (emulator)
Metroid: Samus Returns (borrowed a friend's 3DS)

I beat all of them with two weeks to spare before Dread, and what I got in return was, in my humble opinion, a masterpiece. And the worst I would call any of these games is "very good" (looking at you, Samus Returns).

To now have an incredible-looking Prime Remastered at my fingertips a year and a half after becoming a Metroid fan is a thing of beauty :')

Easily the best looking Switch game and it's not even close. The way they kept the original style while updating every little asset to such a degree is amazing. Absolutely amazing

Samus Returns Remastered
Legitimately a remake of it with improved controls and visuals would be fantastic. I played Samus Returns on Fusion difficulty in the lead up to Dread. very glad I did too. It would be hard to return to after playing Dread, it's so much of a improvement over SR to play.

Not played through this game since the Gamecube despite liking it a lot. It was my 2nd favourite game of the generation behind RE4.

How often do people use the scan visor? I’m scanning everything I can but it makes me feel like I’m slowing the game down too much and missing out of the visuals due to the visor covering them up.

30fps/60 fps discussion is useless now. It's pretty clear that Retro is still the genius of optimization they were 10 years ago. The only way mp4 will be 30fps is it if they let you toggle it otherwise it will be 60fps and somehow it will look even better than mpr.

Called GameStop just now and they have the date of release for the physical version as Monday, February 13th. I guess Nintendo just decided to move it up?

Called GameStop just now and they have the date of release for the physical version as Monday, February 13th. I guess Nintendo just decided to move it up?
Lmao holy shit, yeah I was about to say, Target and Amazon are the same!

While Metroid Dread might be my favorite in the series, it's so good to replay a Metroid game with a ( amazing ) soundtrack lol

OP has been updated to look a bit more presentable for a game of this magnitude. I'll continue to update it further, when I have time.

So, English is not my primary language, and I have a doubt. When you scan something important, does it say:

• Recording to log book
  • Recorded to log book

Loving the rema(ke)stered version. It looks and plays superb on this potato of a system.

I pray that MP4 is 900p/60fps also. I can't do 30fps gaming anymore...

OP has been updated to look a bit more presentable for a game of this magnitude. I'll continue to update it further, when I have time.
Very nice, looks great!

The wait for the physical version on 3rd of March has already become difficult 1 day into the wait lol. I started playing through Prime 1 for the first time on WiiU (Prime Trilogy) a few years ago and really enjoyed the first couple hours that I played. But then rumours of an imminent remaster came out and I thought I'd wait to play through that instead. The wait ended up being just slightly longer than I thought... But it looks great, can't wait for it!

Back
Top Bottom