• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Metroid Prime Remastered |ST| Prime Prophecy Fulfilled

I have to be honest, if the rumors are true that Prime 2 and 3 Remastered will just be simple up-reses, it will be the biggest disappointment the Metroid series has had in years. After I've seen what these remasters are capable of with Metroid Prime Remastered, there's no way I would want to take a step backwards like that.
Maybe it’s just blind optimism, but after the glowing reception to this, I just can’t see Nintendo walking back for 2 & 3.

Other M of all games gave Samus a couple of good outfits that provided alternatives to the Zero Suit. Always had a soft spot for her civilian get-up in the ending.

Anybody else get an estimated delivery date for the physical?
Amazon's saying March 27th for me. Say sike rite now

Anybody else get an estimated delivery date for the physical?
Amazon's saying March 27th for me. Say sike rite now
oh snap, i thought my email said february 27th. but you’re right, it says march. that’s gotta be a mistake.

BROKE: "Waaah, give me Metroid Prime 2 and Metroid Prime 3 Remasters!"

WOKE: "Please, kind madam, can I have one Metroid Prime Pinball Remaster?"

I really like the "new" Samus they've gone with here. It feels true to her design in the original Prime, while smartly modernized. In fact, I think this is one of my favourite portrayals of her to date.
It's a little touch, but they way they've added her blinking in the remaster makes her feel that much more alive.

It's quite interesting seeing a realistic human in a Nintendo game, in modern-ish graphics. It's not something we've really seen from them before.
That's one of the things I really like about Metroid actually, that it's so different from most other Nintendo franchises, being dark and grounded as opposed to lighthearted and colourful.
Much like Xenoblade, really diversifies their first party lineup in an awesome way.

I really like the "new" Samus they've gone with here. It feels true to her design in the original Prime, while smartly modernized. In fact, I think this is one of my favourite portrayals of her to date.
It's a little touch, but they way they've added her blinking in the remaster makes her feel that much more alive.

It's quite interesting seeing a realistic human in a Nintendo game, in modern-ish graphics. It's not something we've really seen from them before.
That's one of the things I really like about Metroid actually, that it's so different from most other Nintendo franchises, being dark and grounded as opposed to lighthearted and colourful.
Much like Xenoblade, really diversifies their first party lineup in an awesome way.
I absolutely love it. I think nintendo needs a more visually realistic ip. They re too used to the anime people.

I mean there’s a reason people would say Retro should be Nintendos Naughty Dog. They wanted to see realistic games from them since Nintendo made none.

I'm nervous as hell now. I didn't get a preorder for the physical version and now it looks like it's sold out everywhere. Is this a super limited release or something?

Edit: managed to grab a preorder online at Gamestop. Luckily I have it digitally, so not concerned about getting it on launch day or anything.

Last edited:

Absolutely. I love her design here. Much prefer it to her being another "anime babe" in the later games. Hope they keep this design for Prime 4.

Putting this in spoiler tags because idk what constitutes a spoiler, but a question about the face reveal at the end in the remaster:
Was the little moment where she closes her eyes and looks down mournfully new? I don't remember it. Maybe I'll go check. I really like it. It's a small moment that builds on her history.

Absolutely. I love her design here. Much prefer it to her being another "anime babe" in the later games. Hope they keep this design for Prime 4.

Putting this in spoiler tags because idk what constitutes a spoiler, but a question about the face reveal at the end in the remaster:
Was the little moment where she closes her eyes and looks down mournfully new? I don't remember it. Maybe I'll go check. I really like it. It's a small moment that builds on her history.
Bro samus has to look good and smile she cannot be a human otherwise it offends me

Got the ice beam and grav suit tonight. Going from the ice beam all the way to the grav suit and back is actually a bit boring. I get why you‘re dumped right at the frigate after ice beam, because metroidvanias gotta show you the wall and you have to figure out how to get past it. But this is a bit tedious. How far in the game am I? It’s been nearly twenty years since I played it last, so I don’t remember how long the game is. Grav suit has to mean I’m over half way probably, yeah?

I think I’ll put the game down for the night and press on some more tomorrow.

Got the ice beam and grav suit tonight. Going from the ice beam all the way to the grav suit and back is actually a bit boring. I get why you‘re dumped right at the frigate after ice beam, because metroidvanias gotta show you the wall and you have to figure out how to get past it. But this is a bit tedious. How far in the game am I? It’s been nearly twenty years since I played it last, so I don’t remember how long the game is. Grav suit has to mean I’m over half way probably, yeah?

I think I’ll put the game down for the night and press on some more tomorrow.
I would say you're about 60% - 65% of the way done.

Going from the ice beam all the way to the grav suit and back is actually a bit boring.
Yeah not gonna lie I think for the most part the game does a surprisingly good job as a 3D game of telling the player where to go but this part is just bad

It's clearly bait too since there's a flag telling you you need an upgrade and where to get it once you're at the jump you can't make

I want to talk about the final boss but I don’t know how to spoiler tag anything. All I can say is that I died during the last phase and it sucked

And fuck fission metroids

[edit] I quite literally cannot get back to refight the final boss because the room before it is another tall room filled with tiny platforms. Only it’s time it‘s filled with fission Metroids that are impossible to dodge and take 10 years to kill. And they infinitely respawn so I can’t just kill all of them and move on. I hate it here. I can’t just ignore them because they cannot miss and keep knocking me down and I have to climb back up again. WTF do I do????

Last edited:
1676524037670.png

Friends: uh oh

Okay I beat the final boss on my second try. Now I’m confused as to how I had so much trouble on my first try because I didn’t have much trouble with either phase on my second run. Oh well. I finished it.

There’s quite a lot I really like about this game, but also a lot that annoyed me. I may need a second playthrough to really flesh out how I really feel about this game. But as a Metroid fan I can say I’m glad I played this.

Never finished the game back in the day. Never had a chance to own it, so was constantly renting it, meaning I made basically no progress. So its status as one of the best games ever isn’t something I’ve been able to personally weigh in on. But now that I’m almost done with it, I gotta say, it does deserve its reputation. There’s a lot to love here, and I wish more modern games had this kind of structure and trust in the player.

But that trust is a two way street, and this game does have a lot of issues. Especially in the back half when the combat ramps up, the save station frequency goes down, and the stupid color-coded enemies show up. However it does make me really excited for prime 4. Because the good thing is, most of this game’s annoyances likely won’t be there in prime 4 because they’re very much of the older era. But it’s a fun game. And I’ll likely play it again soon.

Last edited:
I won’t stand slander against the vibey dive through Phendrana’s Edge for the grav suit :(

It’s so atmospheric
Absolutely! It’s a bit backtrack-y, sure, but Phendrana is one of my favorite game areas of all time so it’s more of a bonus that I get to go back there. And the elevator by Thardus is pretty well-positioned for traveling around.

I was livid when they changed her face in Prime 2 and Prime 3 to be more cartoony. I like Nintendo having this one franchise that is realistic, gloomy, darker, and more serious. It's a good change of pace and I hope they keep a realistic, human face and not that barbie from Prime 2 and 3.

Also, with all these delays, glad I can get it from a local spot--and for cheaper!

I want to talk about the final boss but I don’t know how to spoiler tag anything. All I can say is that I died during the last phase and it sucked

[edit] I quite literally cannot get back to refight the final boss because the room before it is another tall room filled with tiny platforms. Only it’s time it‘s filled with fission Metroids that are impossible to dodge and take 10 years to kill. And they infinitely respawn so I can’t just kill all of them and move on. I hate it here. I can’t just ignore them because they cannot miss and keep knocking me down and I have to climb back up again. WTF do I do????

I just ran passed them after a bit to be honest, they aren't that good at tracking you, and they are a pain.

I got this email as well. Not sure what's going on with Amazon.

Demand for the game is through the roof and it seems like Nintendo in underestimated just how many people were in the market for physical copies. Which is a shame, obviously, but if it takes that long to produce a significant new batch, dunno what else they can do.

(Real suffering is waiting for the restock of Bayo1 in Europe, nearly half a year and counting, without so much as a preorder page)

Boy, i forgot that there's legit a few parts of the game where save rooms are very rare.

Not that i need them because i fear losing progress, i need them because i have little game time and that not always allows backtracking several rooms (especially not enemy infested ones but "parkour" ones with enviromental hazards that annoy you). ^^

Omega Pirate done. I get why people don’t like it but I love the way it’s set up. Stuff is INTENSE.

The struggle of forgetting where you were supposed to be at each moment and diving into the wrecked frigate without the Gravity suit and having to go back up, without the gravity suit.

The struggle of forgetting where you were supposed to be at each moment and diving into the wrecked frigate without the Gravity suit and having to go back up, without the gravity suit.

Did you watch me play yesterday? Like ... for real?

Because that is exactly what happened at my session yesterday.

Did you watch me play yesterday? Like ... for real?

Because that is exactly what happened at my session yesterday.

Maybe? Everything was foggy and blurry because I didn't have the Gravity suit, so maybe I was in fact watching you 🤔

I just tried to run from them on my second attempt (when I was hearing their charging sound, I was just turning into morphball). And yeah, I died on the last phase too, so I can give one advice (if you need it):
When the Metroid Core spawns Phozon with fission metroids, just turn into the morphball and use powerbomb, fission metroids will die instantly

Last edited:
Maybe? Everything was foggy and blurry because I didn't have the Gravity suit, so maybe I was in fact watching you 🤔

You need to freeze those fish enemies, it stops being foggy and blurry and only is slow then!

Imagine, a multiplayer modus in this part would be funny. You proceed to go down the drowned ship only for someone to climb back up and say ".... You too, huh?". ^^

Imagine, a multiplayer modus in this part would be funny. You proceed to go down the drowned ship only for someone to climb back up and say ".... You too, huh?". ^^
It would be hilarious if they implemented the message mechanics from Souls games: after spending 30 minutes in the drowned ship trying to find the right path, you stumble across the player message, that just saying "First time, huh?".

Maybe it’s just blind optimism, but after the glowing reception to this, I just can’t see Nintendo walking back for 2 & 3.
Either way, the train is already rolling. I don't think they were waiting for any reception. I also believe we've all been talking about someone's poor interpretation of circumstances and events (like so often) but because they sometimes know about marketing plans early, we're giving it much more time of day than it's worth. What we've heard from that Belmont guy's post back in 2021 is also what makes the most sense, Retro setting the bar with the first game themselves and then having another studio (you'd think it'd be Iron Galaxy who was trained on the job with this one already) take primary for the other two with obvious oversight from Retro/NCL to the spec of what the first one was like, freeing up Retro for the new one while not impacting continued reworks of the older two.

The only thing I hope the reception is making them do is revise the decision to not have the OG devs in the credits and update those and avoid that same drama with 2 & 3 and also maybe look into getting the beam lights back in there or back in there stronger since that was such a beloved thing.

Last edited:
Demand for the game is through the roof and it seems like Nintendo in underestimated just how many people were in the market for physical copies. Which is a shame, obviously, but if it takes that long to produce a significant new batch, dunno what else they can do.

(Real suffering is waiting for the restock of Bayo1 in Europe, nearly half a year and counting, without so much as a preorder page)
I'm not so sure about that. I preordered the game as soon as it was available last week. You would think Amazon would send out the first batch of preorders before the game sold out.

I'm not so sure about that. I preordered the game as soon as it was available last week. You would think Amazon would send out the first batch of preorders before the game sold out.

Same. I kept an eye out and leapt on the chance. I would have expected a delay to Feb 27th or March 1st but March 27th is more than a month away. If there weren't enough copies available I would have expected Amazon to have not let me pre-order, and they did show out of stock messages at some point.

Just fought meta ridley for the first time last night. This is my first time playing metroid prime I have played 2 and 3 and completed both. I think I'm enjoying my time with this more than I did with 2 or 3(2 had the best boss battles of the games imo and Quadraxis is still one of my top 3 favorite boss battles in gaming) Overall I definitely see why people considered this the best of the metroid prime games. I have to agree despite my preference for the boss battles in MP2. I currently have 75% items and 90 % Scans not sure if I will attempt to get 100% on items now or on a 2nd playthrough

Just fought meta ridley for the first time last night. This is my first time playing metroid prime I have played 2 and 3 and completed both. I think I'm enjoying my time with this more than I did with 2 or 3(2 had the best boss battles of the games imo and Quadraxis is still one of my top 3 favorite boss battles in gaming) Overall I definitely see why people considered this the best of the metroid prime games. I have to agree despite my preference for the boss battles in MP2. I currently have 75% items and 90 % Scans not sure if I will attempt to get 100% on items now or on a 2nd playthrough

Just as a warning. If you've gotten that far, there's a handful of permenantly missable scans and there's a fair chance you'll have not seen some of them. If you decide to go for 100% on that file, I recommend looking them up before you start to make sure.

Just as a warning. If you've gotten that far, there's a handful of permenantly missable scans and there's a fair chance you'll have not seen some of them. If you decide to go for 100% on that file, I recommend looking them up before you start to make sure.

go to VIII. Limited-Time Scans

or just ctrl+f "ID#300"

Use the wave buster on the drone
And every wave she broke was
Hallelujah 🎶

ts9YF52.gif

Crazy how effective that is! I got back to that room in much better shape the second time too, so much breezier all around! Appreciate the tip.

Went off to collect the X-ray visor, and now it's lookin' like it's back to the mines. I've found 4 of the artifacts so far just poking and prodding around, but I guess it couldn't hurt to look at the hints and specifically try to track a few down

Finished the game last night.

I had been playing it non stop since the direct and I’m surprised at how utterly modern the game feels. When I first booted it up, I was thinking ‘yeah, this is how I remember it looked like back in 2002 but more modernized’ and then I watched the Digital Foundry video and I was like ‘holy crap, they did a lot of work!’ Retro did such a good job remastering it, honestly.

I’m really hoping they do the same with Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

It's pretty easy to just run past them actually. They may hit you once or twice but they don't really drain health that quickly, you can just bomb them then keep running.

I use power bombs to eliminate Fission Metroids easily.

Back
Top Bottom