• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

I always felt it was more likely to appear in the Direct. After that, well.. we're in big trouble.
Yeah, same here. I mean, it is a Switch console-exclusive and Nintendo has got to be aware of the hype surrounding this game. I have no idea about what goes on behind the scenes, but it makes sense that some sort of communication happened between Nintendo and Team Cherry for an exclusive reveal or something of the kind.

Be it for June, for September, or for later.

Weren’t the Xbox and PS versions of that game outsourced while the Switch one was in-house? Silksong was announced for PC and Switch first, it would be pretty weird if the one time we get more news about the game would be in the Xbox conference. Now this could also just refer to just PC Gamepass but why the green dot? The other leaks are pretty explicit so this clearly points towards Xbox

Either way I hope that there’s no random Xbox timed exclusivity, it would be pretty annoying. How are they finally revealing it on the Xbox stage after it monopolized Nintendo Direct speculation for 3 years. Sure it kind of looked like a game that would release soon back in 2019 so maybe they had time to make it fully multiplatform but still. But yes an E3 season shadowdrop makes sense since that’s how the first dropped on Switch

Weren’t the Xbox and PS versions of that game outsourced while the Switch one was in-house? Silksong was announced for PC and Switch first, it would be pretty weird if the one time we get more news about the game would be in the Xbox conference. Now this could also just refer to just PC Gamepass but why the green dot? The other leaks are pretty explicit so this clearly points towards Xbox

Either way I hope that there’s no random Xbox timed exclusivity, it would be pretty annoying. How are they finally revealing it on the Xbox stage after it monopolized Nintendo Direct speculation for 3 years. Sure it kind of looked like a game that would release soon back in 2019 so maybe they had time to make it fully multiplatform but still. But yes an E3 season shadowdrop makes sense since that’s how the first dropped on Switch
It won't be exclusive to Xbox. They wouldn't go back on Switch buyers like that. It's probably coming to all consoles at the same time.

weird, I would have thought Nintendo had a marketing deal for the game
Eh, it's not surprising. Nintendo's been barely involved with marketing this game in the first place (only got a sizzle reel and Treehouse appearance at E3). Hell, the game was emphatically not announced in a Nintendo Direct (instead being announced literally the day after one). It was arguably kinda weird to expect it to reappear in a Nintendo event, personally I was more leaning towards it getting independent announcements.

It's also not terribly surprising that ol' Phil would throw money at getting Silksong advertising and GamePass rights, that's pretty much his style

They have a perfect track record but watch this be the one they get wrong. If it's true then good for Team Cherry, get that bag.

This guy has a 100% track record. He leaked the entire last State of Play and the Last of Us remake release date. Holy shit.

fghrhwgshrhsheg omg

edit: i wouldn't worry about the game not being on switch at launch

Last edited:
Eh this leak came after the one posted above and it's also likely to be fake and just piggybacking off of the Snitch leak

The Snitch is likely correct though due to their track record.
Yeah, you are right. I don't follow Xbox that closely so I am easily fooled, should have checked the comments more closely first!

The Snitch is probably referring to a day 1 release on gamepass, since the guy has been extremly reliable so far I'm incline to believe him. I don't think switch user will have to wait...and gosh maybe is finally happening.

Eh, it's not surprising. Nintendo's been barely involved with marketing this game in the first place (only got a sizzle reel and Treehouse appearance at E3). Hell, the game was emphatically not announced in a Nintendo Direct (instead being announced literally the day after one). It was arguably kinda weird to expect it to reappear in a Nintendo event, personally I was more leaning towards it getting independent announcements.

It's also not terribly surprising that ol' Phil would throw money at getting Silksong advertising and GamePass rights, that's pretty much his style
It is surprising as it was originally announced to be a Switch console exclusive at launch.

My heart can’t take this anymore. And of course I’ll be at a graduation party tomorrow during the showcase. I guess I’ll be on my phone checking for updates during the whole party.. Sorry, son.

This guy has a 100% track record. He leaked the entire last State of Play and the Last of Us remake release date. Holy shit.

So, are we ignoring that leakers are also people who post opinions and joke like any other person and also that they used the same meme fans use when they say they're hoping for it to appear in a stream despite knowing it won't happen?

F$#@ING YEEESSSSSS! WOOOOHHHHOOOOOO!

It is surprising as it was originally announced to be a Switch console exclusive at launch.
the situation here is a bit different than something like DQXIS for example, where a game is explicitly announced as a launch exclusive, or how in the indie directs half the games are announced as launch exclusive or console launch exclusive. in those situations there's clearly a financial incentive for the devs to announce their games that way. silksong wasn't announced in a nintendo event (in fact, it was announced a day after the february 2019 direct), and it's just that at the time team cherry said they're targeting pc and switch at launch (which makes sense since those platforms have the highest share of HK fans and they are a very small team), with other platforms coming later. nintendo did feature the game in their e3 direct that year, and did a whole live gameplay demo in treehouse, as well as having a demo kiosk for the game at their E3 booth. then back in december 2020 in the edge magazine preview the team talked about the game being planned for switch and PC at launch. tl;dr it was never explicitly stated anywhere that nintendo has any form of marketing rights or exclusivity on this game.

my guess is they've used the time, as well as whatever money they got from MS to port the game to all platforms for launch, which seems like the best move for all fans of HK.

The leak is implying it'll show up tomorrow at the XBox event
Oh, I honestly didn't know the Microsoft presentation is set for tomorrow. Like I just said in the Direct speculation thread, I am always out of the loop when it comes to the stuff other companies are doing.

Tomorrow could be a great day, then!

So, are we ignoring that leakers are also people who post opinions and joke like any other person and also that they used the same meme fans use when they say they're hoping for it to appear in a stream despite knowing it won't happen?

F$#@ING YEEESSSSSS! WOOOOHHHHOOOOOO!
This is one of those temporary leak accounts that pop up for a while, get 100% accuracy on stuff, get caught because it becomes clear how they're getting their stuff (typically access to YouTube or some other company's data), and then disappear.

They're only here to leak events, not joke. For now, at least

Now that it seems actually plausible Silksong is showing up, we need something else to be clowns about

breathes in ok so Leth has said that Silksong probably wouldn't reappear until it was closer to being done and has also noted that Team Cherry doesn't care about reviews and such so clearly a shadowdrop is 100% happening in half an hour

Hahahahaha xD Game pass day one...but not even a hint when xD
Will the actuall release anouncement be in the Direct?

Back
Top Bottom