• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Elon Musk and the End of Twitter

I had to turn off my phone, unfortunately the software we use has twitter integration to create and attend tickets based on mentions / DM and of course this is fucking up and agents / users can't get responses. I was getting hammered with support tickets and calls and just said to the CTO "I'm out, it's your responsability to notify users twitter fucked up and we are not responsible for that"

worst part for me is twitter was great for keeping up with Japanese entertainment news, particularly tokusatsu which has almost no English reporting. Losing all of that is gonna suck.

I know they've recently done an invite code dump, and it might not be feasible, but there's probably no better time for Bluesky to try and get people on there.
Bluesky got mega slow earlier because of the influx of refugees.

Looks like I did get another code, though, if anyone wants it.

I still don't think anyone can compete with twitter yet, it will probably survive if the dipshit can fix this....eventually.....

I’m alternating between bluesky, cohost and tumblr right now. Still rate limited on Twitter.

Found out I am locked out of Twitter for the day.
Was just scrolling looking at my artists/Wario64 deals and then seen a post about switching to bluesky. Then seen the Elon post through someone’s mocking of him(have him blocked).
Tried to look at replies and got “Rate Limit Exceeded”

GG Elon. You blocked engagement for both those that were looking at engagement at the regular users that don’t want to pay. Can’t even look at old posts now. Wario64 for me (I like following for deals) is completely blocked…

What about those emergency Twitter accounts that use it for posting about emergency situations…Elon had no thought with this plan

Honestly I’m so ready to leave Twitter forever. I’d love to check out Bluesky but I am clearly not cool enough to be let in yet haha

Maybe I'll check out Tumblr (though I've signed up for the bluesky waiting list), I do wonder where we'll all end up though. Doesn't seem like anything yet is poised to take the crown.

lmao is the rate cap per device rather than account? I switched to my phone after getting rate limit exceeded on my laptop and it worked again. At least until I presumably hit the cap again as now I'm just getting errors.

it's bs, tweetdecks is still working
Nice find. Twitter is still utterly useless if you need Tweetdeck now for the most basic functionality = reading tweets. Also, how long until that also disappears?
What is supposed to rescue Twitter? Some far-right billionaire with more money to burn than Musk-Rat for permanent life support?

theoffice-disgusted.gif

lmao is the rate cap per device rather than account? I switched to my phone after getting rate limit exceeded on my laptop and it worked again. At least until I presumably hit the cap again as now I'm just getting errors.
Might be. I hit my cap on mobile, then later on desktop. Still locked out after ~3 hours. Had to switch to my alt just to find my friend posting their social media.

I will say, if he's telling the truth and these measures are temporary, this'll just be another thing we look back on in a few months as a "remember when" moment.

I will say, if he's telling the truth and these measures are temporary, this'll just be another thing we look back on in a few months as a "remember when" moment.
There are several straws piling up on that camel’s back. If Meta even somewhat has it together with their competitor, they’ll take the crown. Otherwise maybe Blue Sky wins out if it’s not a temporary life boat like Hive.

I was rate limited for 4 hours, managed to load like 10 more tweets, than got limited again. No idea how anyone is posting at all with these restrictions.

Pretty much all social media is going to deteriorate eventually as long as it functions as a for-profit utility.

I now feel somewhat vindicated having an active Tumblr account for the last 10 years (it still has the best tagging system imo)

this shit + being run by the dumb cryptobro who let nazis onto twitter to begin with is why i'll never touch bluesky since it'll inevitably be the same shit again when the high is gone
the purpose of the control is to allow you to filter any posts involving the topic, not posts from hate groups.

I now feel somewhat vindicated having an active Tumblr account for the last 10 years (it still has the best tagging system imo)
I’ve had a Tumblr account since 2012 but for most of my interests it feels pretty dead and the mobile app is unusable now.
But I still have all my tags nice and organized!

They'll revive their Tumblr account.
I actually checked Tumblr's Twitter account for giggles, and Nintendo Of America still follows it. The shortlived era of corporate accounts on Tumblr was an odd one.

its the next day and it still doesn't let me view tweets, so he's lying about the reason for sure
Still locked out of mobile but I can read it on desktop now, so I doubt this is working anywhere near as "intended."

Back
Top Bottom