• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Elon Musk and the End of Twitter

So deadnaming and misgendering are 'free speech' but a purely descriptive term is a slur.

Imagine being among the richest people in the world and still being this pathetic.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

edit: codes have been claimed!

Last edited:
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Last edited:

I'm not the only one who can't access the Twitter post, am I? The article suggests that it's implemented recently, so I guess it affected everyone who doesn't sign in. Finding posts was already much more of a hassle because the search function was removed if not registered, and now the website is practically fortified from outside eyes, which is even more unfortunate.

Thank you for reading.

I'm not the only one who can't access the Twitter post, am I? The article suggests that it's implemented recently, so I guess it affected everyone who doesn't sign in. Finding posts was already much more of a hassle because the search function was removed if not registered, and now the website is practically fortified from outside eyes, which is even more unfortunate.

Thank you for reading.
It should be noted that embedded Tweets (such as one's above) still work, but who knows how long that will last.

Well the good news is that, thanks to Rate Limit Exceeded, you also can't view anything on Twitter with an account either.

True equality for all! Never say Musk isn't a man of vision.

Well the good news is that, thanks to Rate Limit Exceeded, you also can't view anything on Twitter with an account either.

True equality for all! Never say Musk isn't a man of vision.
He really is just Wheatley irl

So deadnaming and misgendering are 'free speech' but a purely descriptive term is a slur.

Imagine being among the richest people in the world and still being this pathetic.

He is purposefully pandering to some of the most dangerous hateful and conspiratorial people because these are the very same people that are most likely to buy the blue ticks and engage on this platform. He has no empathy whatsoever for those most vulnerable in any community being targeted by the hateful on his platform, as long as he makes money.

Fz9oSy0WYAEU7wn

This is such a deranged move that I think this is the signal for me to stop visiting Twitter regularly. It's a huge bummer considering it has the best collection of international artists with ease of access (not anymore!) but I don't want to give Muskrat any hits on his trashfire site.

I know they've recently done an invite code dump, and it might not be feasible, but there's probably no better time for Bluesky to try and get people on there.

600 posts. 600 posts! My goodness. Elon is broke. Straight up broke! He has no good way to make money with the terrible purchase he made. He just keeps bleeding money and "good will," firing the people that keep the site working and putting in draconian changes that harm marginalized people. And now the grifter is continuing his grift, once again showing that the emperor truly has no pants.

Couldn't even give Twitter Blue users unlimited posts! Even the bullshit deal he's offering is bad for the people paying! I am astounded, and would probably be more astounded if not for the fact that of course Elon Musk would pull something like this.

It's a huge bummer considering it has the best collection of international artists with ease of access (not anymore!) but I don't want to give Muskrat any hits on his trashfire site.
This is the same issue I have. I only recently got into twitter because I started realizing most of the artists I had followed on DeviantArt for years had moved there. And now it's just like.. ugh.. they're taking away all the easy channels.

What even IS data scraping and why is it such a big issue all of a sudden
It's a thing Elon made up so he can justify heavily limiting views for anyone who doesn't fuckin pay him

well, I browsed for around 10 minutes and then things stopped loading and it says I'm being rate limited

funny how twitter and reddit both decided to jump off a cliff on the same day!

600 is a pitiful amount of posts. Guess I just won’t use the app? Good thing I made plans to leave back in November 🙃

What even IS data scraping and why is it such a big issue all of a sudden
There is probably a somewhat elevated level of bots scraping the Internet right now trying to do legally dubious funnelling of data into machine learning models, but if Twitter is really handling the situation so poorly, that's on them.

You know what advertisers love? Not being able to see their advertisements.

lol, it's entirely possible that the attempt to rate limit things is actually making the situation worse.

It is extremely unlikely to ever actually happen, but what if Twitter and Reddit actually do go under, and the internet reverts to a less centralized hodge podge of smaller sites like the late 90s and early 2000s? That would be pretty wild, and I’m not sure if the benefits outweigh the consequences, but it’s kind of fun and nostalgic to think about.

It is extremely unlikely to ever actually happen, but what if Twitter and Reddit actually do go under, and the internet reverts to a less centralized hodge podge of smaller sites like the late 90s and early 2000s? That would be pretty wild, and I’m not sure if the benefits outweigh the consequences, but it’s kind of fun and nostalgic to think about.
Forums are comin' back!

Back
Top Bottom