• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion According to @Brazil podcast 'X do Controle' Nintendo Switch 2 will release in march 2025 - Summary updated [Eurogamer is corroborating]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guaraná

Paratroopa
I'm still listening to the podcast and will summarize it as soon as possible, but this is what he tweeted:

Podcast:

• Switch 2 talk Starts at min 30
  • He has sources but cant 100% confirm it
  • He believes everything will be clarified in March
  • But although he isn't 100% sure about it, he has a lot of sources saying the same thing, so it's a solid information
  • According to his sources, Switch 2 will release during Q1 2025 (Q1 calendar year)
  • He has more than 3 people that are working with this date in mind: Q1 2025 (Q1 calendar year)
  • Other said that originally it was supposed to be released in 2024 but was delayed to 2025 (Q1 calendar year)
  • NEXT FISCAL YEAR and that's Nintendo's goal
  • He doesn't know why it was decided to be released in 2025 and not in 2024
  • He knows Nintendo won't stop releasing games for Switch 1 and has more stuff set to be released this year
  • But everything set to be released this year are small titles
  • Big releases only for Switch 2 now
  • He reiterates that although he will never be 100% sure until Nintendo states officially, he has A LOT OF SOURCES AND A LOT OF TRUSTED SOURCES saying the same thing: Q1 2025 - Q1 calendar year (BUT NEXT FISCAL YEAR)
  • He is kinda disappointed too but it is what it is.
  • light reveal in March followed by a blowout in June.
END OF SUMMARY

Last edited:
chibi-robo-fire.gif

This is the timeline Dr. Strange tells Iron Man that losing now is salvation for the future.

Switch 1 sacrifice for Switch 2 launch

Counter argument: The just (again) "confirmed" Partner Showcase.

If Switch was Nintendo's only system this year, why would they decide to not have a usual regular General Direct in the beginning of the year, which ususally outlines the schedule well into late summer?

I swear to Naga if this ends up being a misunderstanding between calendar year and FISCAL year.

Nintendo will be in fiscal year 2025 with April 1st, btw.

2025 doesn't make sense, especially if a reveal is supposedly happening in March. Too far out.

Or they're talking about fiscal year 2025?

Summary
Summary (my English is not perfect so, I'm sorry if I write something weird):
  • But although he isn't 100% sure about it, he has a lot of sources saying the same thing, so it's a solid information
  • According to his sources, Switch 2 will release during Q1 2025
  • He has more than 3 people that are working with this date in mind: Q1 2025
  • Other said that originally it was supposed to be released in 2024 but was delayed to 2025
  • Still technically NEXT FY and that's Nintendo's goal
  • He doesn't know why it was decided to release in 2025 and not in 2024
  • He knows Nintendo won't stop releasing games for Switch 1 and has more stuff set to be released this year
  • He reiterates that although he will never be 100% sure until Nintendo states officially, he has A LOT OF SOURCES AND A LOT OF TRUSTED SOURCES saying the same thing: Q1 2025 (still technically NEXT FY)
  • light reveal in March followed by a blowout in June.

END OF SUMMARY

Last edited:
If i were to entertain this, then that would mean Nintendo havent learn their lesson about a smooth transition, but he does say things should be made clear in March, so i hope we still learn about this device that month

• Other said that originally it was supposed to be released in 2024 but was delayed to 2025
If true, what would be the reason for a delay? Changes to hardware? Shortage of materials for production? Developers needing more time?

Summary:
  • Still technically FY 2024 and that's Nintendo's goal
  • He reiterates that although he will never be 100% sure until Nintendo states officially, he has A LOT OF SOURCES AND A LOT OF TRUSTED SOURCES saying the same thing: Q1 2025 (still technically FY 2024)

It seems highly unlikely to me that Nintendo will announce their new system in March 2024 for a release in 2025.

There are too many reasons to list as to why this would be stupid.

Summary (my English is not perfect so, I'm sorry if I write something weird):
  • Still technically FY 2024 and that's Nintendo's goal
  • He reiterates that although he will never be 100% sure until Nintendo states officially, he has A LOT OF SOURCES AND A LOT OF TRUSTED SOURCES saying the same thing: Q1 2025 (still technically FY 2024)

END OF SUMMARY
FY24 ends in 6-7 weeks so I guess this is a typo/error on you part or his part? FY25 would be from April 24 to end of March 25.

That would be bad news. If a 2025 release is going to happen, then I think it would be better to announce the Switch 2 later than March 2024. An announcement of the Switch 2 that occurs too early would negatively impact sales of the Switch 1.

There is no way they are going to another holiday campaign without a new hardware, unless something went really wrong.

I think we can all agree at this point that the situations surrounding the happenings from 2016 were drastically different than today.
I doubt Nintendo wants to emulate the Wii U era. Also considering the general consensus is "Switch 2 is better Switch" they don't need a year to show that concept off

We actually knew more on the record about the NX than we do with the Switch's successor at the same time frame.

And ultimately games drive hardware, if the next Mario Kart, 3D Mario, etc won't be ready for this fall, then the hardware would have to be delayed.

This is a massive failure if true, but I don't believe it is true

Quoted by: Ab
We actually knew more on the record about the NX than we do with the Switch's successor at the same time frame.

And ultimately games drive hardware, if the next Mario Kart, 3D Mario, etc won't be ready for this fall, then the hardware would have to be delayed.

If there was just the slightest possibility that the big launch game from them would miss 2024, then i think they would've acted accordingly early enough.

For example by delaying Mario Wonder, or by making sure they announce enough games for Switch with a general Direct now instead of a "We're contractually forced to do it" Partner Showcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom