• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion According to @Brazil podcast 'X do Controle' Nintendo Switch 2 will release in march 2025 - Summary updated [Eurogamer is corroborating]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not convinced that a delay of up to 12 weeks or whatever is proof that a company can’t be trusted to run a hardware business. After 40 years in the business and on the back of unprecedented success following consolidation of their hardware and software pipeline to enable that success. 🤷

I remember when we had actual software droughts and failed hardware rather than a week’s delay of an advert and a few months delay on a hardware device that isn’t even announced yet. Meanwhile it hasnt been an easy few years for anyone.

Not convinced that a delay of up to 12 weeks or whatever is proof that a company can’t be trusted to run a hardware business. After 40 years in the business and on the back of unprecedented success following consolidation of their hardware and software pipeline to enable that success. 🤷
wrong

they’re doomed

Considering Nintendo is the most profitable first party console manufacturer and their current device is the 3rd best selling gaming hardware of all time

No, that's just an awful take. They delayed because the hardware wasn't ready, you apparently want them to rush and have another half baked OS?

You can always update an OS. The chose to keep it basic on the Switch for 7 years.

Also it’s not like steam guarantees all legacy content lol. Other companies are just as slow with their own updates if not outright ignoring it

I will say something feels off about all of this. Switch is running out of games, seemingly no General Direct is coming and we are suppose to believe Switch 2 isn't coming until sometime next year? So are we just going to have a very empty and lame year for Switch and nothing more? Surely something more will be announced. Even if it's just more ports. I can't imagine Nintendo's lineup of games for Switch is coming to an end almost an entire year before Switch 2 is released. I don't know. Wish Nintendo would update us on this shit but we already know they won't and we will all be left in the dark for god knows how many weeks/months before answers are had.
Nintendo's second best selling game of 2023 wasn't announced until 4 months from launch. We already have enough announced to get us to June, have a general then that details 2nd half 2024 software and Nintendo will be fine.

Their software is what keeps them not only afloat but a booming success. Everything else they do is mediocre at best (opinion). Nintendo makes some of the best games in the industry but their hardware and feature set is a very very low priority to them and then generally just ignore fans complaining about it year after year lol.
The Switch hardware and featureset was absolutely a priority to them after the failure of the Wii U which is why they deployed one of the best mobile SoCs on the market into a sleek tablet and developed technology like joy-cons to work in a hybrid form factor, and consolidated their development onto one platform. Hardware means more than 'raw power'.

I said it in the hardware speculation and I'll say it here:

If they don't have new Star Fox out before 2025, then they have no fucking business continuing to be a First Party because they clearly can't handle all the necessities of being a major platform holder. It's not just whether or not their hardware has been lacking, it's also the implication that their subpar handling of Star Fox IP has zero excuses.

Steam is free and yet it's a thousand times more functional than the Switch's garbage OS and NSO.

Come on guys, I think we're better than this. We all trust insiders but ONLY when the information given pleases us? It sucks to wait until early 2025, but it can very well happen. Delays happen. Nintendo isn't releasing this thing without a killer lineup.

If 3D Mario isn't ready for launch late 2024 or Mario Kart isn't ready to come in the first 3 months or so, they aren't releasing it.

Remember, 2016 was an absolute dire year for Wii U and for 3DS outside of Pokémon Sun and Moon(which Switch might have an equivalent in Black/White remakes or Legends 2), and they still delayed Switch from holiday 2016 to March 2017.

And thank God they did!! Had BotW not been delayed for a second time and Switch delayed as well, we'd have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as the launch title(since that's what was ready by late 2016) and months of nothing until ARMS and Splatoon 2 came, and the other certain blockbuster wouldn't come until the holiday season with Odyssey.

Everyone was happy with a potential March reveal, everyone was trustful with Direct date and being a Partner, but now we disregard information because... It's not what we want to hear??

Of course, it can happen that things change and either the games being developed targeting early 2025 end up coming after the hardware and the console still comes this holiday, but we'd have to wait and see anyways.

I think there's another side to this coin though...

Does information and insider reports become more believable because it's more negative? I would argue that there's already a sense of distrust and doom in the news cycles as it stands. See: Xbox is Dead.

Right now, I have not a clue what will be announced when but we have heard many rumblings about a March reveal so unless those same sources come out and say there has been a shift in the REVEAL timeline, then I'll be disappointed. But until then, this report and other reports I'm weighing equally until I've heard the release date directly from Nintendo themselves.

So I'm guessing now is when we are just going to see the typical game of a bunch of people chiming in and pretend to have been in the know when someone first makes a claim and then walk it back and say they couldn't confirm it and that's why they didn't report on it first when it doesn't actually happen or claim victory and say see my vague corroborations were correct when it does. You just can't lose.

If they don't have new Star Fox out before 2025, then they have no fucking business continuing to be a First Party because they clearly can't handle all the necessities of being a major platform holder. It's not just whether or not their hardware has been lacking, it's also the implication that their subpar handling of Star Fox IP has zero excuses.

Steam is free and yet it's a thousand times more functional than the Switch's garbage OS and NSO.

You speak the truth!

Considering Nintendo is the most profitable first party console manufacturer and their current device is the 3rd best selling gaming hardware of all time

No, that's just an awful take. They delayed because the hardware wasn't ready, you apparently want them to rush and have another half baked OS?
Nintendo has had 7 years to work on their next OS and online network, especially with how barebones the Switch OS and NSO has been. If that's not enough time for a good OS then what the fuck are they doing with that time.

If they don't have hardware out before 2025, then they have no fucking business continuing to be a First Party because they clearly can't handle all the necessities of being a major platform holder. It's not just whether or not their hardware has been lacking, it's also the implication that their subpar handling of NSO has zero excuses.

They just sold 140 million systems

Still revealing it in March? Yeah ... nah lol This doesn't sound right at all. One year from announcement to release? lol

And if it wasn't a planned thing. And it's been delayed then why would they still announce it in March.

This doesn't add up to me.

Last edited:
GGe1Og8XMAAbbmp

How is this not journalism? "We'd heard something similar but couldn't confirm it" is giving a pretty open and honest report of what they know.
imo journalism consists of corroborating and giving information when you already have confirmed it by several sources. When you report a rumor without being very sure from your own sources that the information is good...

And if you're still not sure, you have to publish your info later. I know everyone does that because you have to be fast to get views, but it's sad.

ah, the birth of a new forum meme

you love to see it

The Switch hardware and featureset was absolutely a priority to them after the failure of the Wii U which is why they deployed one of the best mobile SoCs on the market into a sleek tablet and developed technology like joy-cons to work in a hybrid form factor, and consolidated their development onto one platform. Hardware means more than 'raw power'.

Yeah I honestly just wish we could move on from Switch. I use to play the system a lot but now I barely touch it and find myself playing more PS5 stuff these days. The hardware is just way to dated for me but that's absolutely a personalized thing. I have a nice big OLED tv and great sound and so I gravitate towards playing games more on PS5 these days. I still play some Switch stuff but a less frequent. I get Switch was a huge success but it still bums me out that Nintendo seems to be really stretching the Switch lifecycle. Would love to see Nintendo's IP with more modern visuals. It's something I've wanted badly for years now and it's just not happening. Bums me out and judging by these forums, a lot of people feel the same way. :(

Do you know for a fact they "chose" to keep it "basic", and didn't have unforeseen technical challenges that stopped them?

I find it hard to believe that they couldn't have implemented folders in a better way. Or that you can't even message someone.

If they don't have new Picross 3D out before 2025, then they have no fucking business continuing to be a First Party because they clearly can't handle all the necessities of being a major platform holder. It's not just whether or not their hardware has been lacking, it's also the implication that their subpar handling of the Picross IP has zero excuses.

Steam is free and yet it has thousand times more nonogram games than the Switch.

It does feel weird that as well as they have handled Switch they would suddenly have its last year be a Wii like year of failure

Yeah I honestly just wish we could move on from Switch. I use to play the system a lot but now I barely touch it and find myself playing more PS5 stuff these days. The hardware is just way to dated for me but that's absolutely a personalized thing. I have a nice big OLED tv and great sound and so I gravitate towards playing games more on PS5 these days. I still play some Switch stuff but a less frequent. I get Switch was a huge success but it still bums me out that Nintendo seems to be really stretching the Switch lifecycle. Would love to see Nintendo's IP with more modern visuals. It's something I've wanted badly for years now and it's just not happening. Bums me out and judging by these forums, a lot of people feel the same way. :(
I play retro games all the time, my ps5 has been the biggest waste of money in my gaming library. It'll FINALLY get some use with 7R coming out, but then it's back to collecting dust.

Andy Robinson from VGC corroborates

Since publishing this story, VGC has heard from multiple sources who said Nintendo has told publishers its next console will now launch in Q1 2025.

According to the sources, third-paty game companies were recently briefed on an internal delay in Nintendo’s next-gen launch timing, from late 2024 to early the following year.

This 2025 release speculation might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew they haven't said anything about release timing but the hype they created with no General Direct in February made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew the whole planet is expecting late 2024, they should've release it regardless of if it's ready or not.

Dring joining this conversation reminds me of when he did the same thing on how "There won't be any major games after TOTK".
Then, Mario Wonder got announced. He refused to simply to admit he was wrong (he still does) and came up with the ridiculous "C team" argument, which is now a meme.

Nintendo will be fine, they have stuff in their back pocket they can use to get them through this year

- Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD, these were released on a console with a max audience of 13mil. Releasing them on Switch with over 100mil customers means they’ll sell a heck of a lot more than the Wii U version.

- Price drop, if they dropped the Switch Lite to £99/$99 this Christmas they’ll move a ton of units I bet.

I might be in the minority of Fami/Switch enthusiasts but I’d honestly be happy with a year with remasters/makes of the best Nintendo legacy titles. They don’t want to rush this and have a flop.

Every month that passes we're closer to how things were with the Nintendo Wii at the end, everyone was hungry for an HD Nintendo game back then. Now we're hungry for cleaner visuals yet again. Nintendo does need to get its shit together a bit on this matter.

Boy this is gonna be a shitstorm if this is true lol

I’m not in a rush to be honest, but the speculation cycle being so drawn out is funny remembering how some were adamant a successor was coming as soon as early 2023

Sick. So my plans for this year involving a Nintendo console are: Put Switch in box. Remove Switch from box to play TTYD. Put Switch back in box until 2025. Sounds like a blast.

It does feel weird that as well as they have handled Switch they would suddenly have its last year be a Wii like year of failure
last year had new award winning and sales record setting zelda, mario and pikmin games. they're allowed one slower year before moving to a new platform.

Since publishing this story, VGC has heard from multiple sources who said Nintendo has told publishers its next console will now launch in Q1 2025.

According to the sources, third-paty game companies were recently briefed on an internal delay in Nintendo’s next-gen launch timing, from late 2024 to early the following year.

Amazed this site is still working

Look, if Nintendo is going to ask for forgiveness by giving us a Super Mario Galaxy 2 remake this Fall, who am I to argue?

What's most puzzling about this and I'm seeing no discussion about is why would they delay it to Q1 in the first place? Switch was delayed from a holiday 2016 launch because, as far as we know, the games weren't ready. Is the first year lineup once again just not ready? Something else going on?

I'm guessing that we get those "back pocket" games coming this year then if this bears out. Wind Waker/Twilight Princess, FE4 Remake, Prime 2/3. Maybe some of the rumored games like F-Zero GX remaster or Bandai's 3D action remake (Kid Icarus? Although I would prefer that for new hardware). Sucks.

From "My own sources can't corroborate to the delay" to "multiple thirds now definitely time me suddenly", huh?

I don't believe this anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom