• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion According to @Brazil podcast 'X do Controle' Nintendo Switch 2 will release in march 2025 - Summary updated [Eurogamer is corroborating]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary
  • Summary (my English is not perfect so, I'm sorry if I write something weird):
    • Switch 2 talk Starts at min 30
    • He has sources but cant 100% confirm it
    • He believes everything will be clarified in March
    • But although he isn't 100% sure about it, he has a lot of sources saying the same thing, so it's a solid information
    • According to his sources, Switch 2 will release during Q1 2025
    • He has more than 3 people that are working with this date in mind: Q1 2025
    • Other said that originally it was supposed to be released in 2024 but was delayed to 2025
    • Still technically NEXT FY and that's Nintendo's goal
    • He doesn't know why it was decided to release in 2025 and not in 2024
    • He knows Nintendo won't stop releasing games for Switch 1 and has more stuff set to be released this year
    • But everything set to be released this year are small titles
    • Big releases only for Switch 2 now
    • He reiterates that although he will never be 100% sure until Nintendo states officially, he has A LOT OF SOURCES AND A LOT OF TRUSTED SOURCES saying the same thing: Q1 2025 (still technically NEXT FY)
    • He is kinda disappointed too but it is what it is.
    • light reveal in March followed by a blowout in June.

END OF SUMMARY

Last edited:
    clarification from Brazil
  • Thank you for the summary, Guaraná!

Just to clarify one particular point, though: at no point have I ever had, and certainly don't currently have, knowledge of the entire line-up of upcoming Nintendo games, so I don't claim to know for a fact that it's all smaller games from now on until the Switch 2 is out. The games I do know about, though, are all what you'd call smaller titles.

As for the main headline, though... yeah. Even though this is far from official - and thankfully it seems like we'll get more info soon -, the fact that I've had unrelated sources from multiple regions tell me the same thing over the past few weeks was enough to push me to publish this as a follow-up to our story about backwards compatibility from last week.

Hopefully, with the info now being out there, more sources will pop up elsewhere in the coming days or weeks.

Until there is official confirmation I think people should take this info with a grain of salt.
    Absolutely, and naturally.

Andy Robinson from VGC corroborates

• Since publishing this story, VGC has heard from multiple sources who said Nintendo has told publishers its next console will now launch in Q1 2025.

According to the sources, third-paty game companies were recently briefed on an internal delay in Nintendo’s next-gen launch timing, from late 2024 to early the following year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Back
    Top Bottom