• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Work almost over for me (in Asia). Then I workout, play Three Hopes, and very, very excitedly wait for X3 reviews. I haven't been this stoked since probably Mario Odyssey or Metroid Dread.

The future for this series is quite exciting. Maybe Takahashi-san can finally go beyond 3 games.

Yokota:

So, by “culmination”, you don't mean that it brings closure to the series, but rather that it rounds out the trilogy thematically.

Takahashi:

Yes, that’s right. I guess you can say that this is like a summary for moving on to the next step in the future.

Takahashi: I also wanted to convey to young generations nowadays, through my story, that they can create their own path however they want and that they should not give up on their dreams and goals.

I like this a lot. Takahashi interviews can be so wholesome sometimes.

Takahashi: This time, I wanted to depict the feelings of the six main characters equally, so I tried to keep the word count of the dialogues as even as possible.

Of course, the central figures Noah and Mio have a few more lines, but compared to the first and second titles, which focused on the hero and heroine, you will notice that the other characters are also strongly involved in the story.
I can see why this might be the biggest campaign of any Xenoblade yet, can't wait to dive in.

I finally jumped into Future Connected and Nene is my favourite nopon since Riki, what a wholesome pink puffball

I've been trying to stay away but couldn't resist looking at reviews. It's nice to finally see how gems are equipped. It's about what I expected, three slots just like accessories. It does look like there are only 20 different gems and when you get one, everyone can equip it rather than needing multiples. Like you only make one HP up gem and then you can put it on all six characters without making five more, it's kind of weird. Sorry if this old news to people who have been keeping up since the leaks happened.

I updated the arts list with new arts I've seen in the reviews so far. With the leaks and data mining going on, I'm sure there's a complete list out there so mine might be useless now lol.

But yea, reviews look good aside from some bugs and freezes mentioned. Several are saying it's the best combat in the series and sure looks like it could be to me. Can't wait for thursday night!

I was expecting to play this game around a hundred hours like I did 1,2,and X but reading some reviews I feel like it'll probably end up closer to 200

That last music track they previewed in the Digital Foundry video is nutty. Sounds unlike any other track from a Xenoblade game. Cannot wait for this soundtrack.

To all the people living in Paris: the stores between Republique and Oberkampf are already selling the game. My boyfriend and I got it and we’re fucking loving the beginning. It’s amazing <3

how about you all get nintendo to ship my CE instead
I tried.
giphy.gif

Enjoy! I hope it exceeds your expectations.

This may have been answered already, but I’m curious to know if there are defined chapters like in Xenoblade 2 and X or hidden like Xenoblade 1.

Just to follow up on this, there is a definite pattern at the end of each chapter, along with the save file reflecting what chapter you are actually in. But it doesn't tell you outright with a title screen or anything like that.

Just to follow up on this, there is a definite pattern at the end of each chapter, along with the save file reflecting what chapter you are actually in. But it doesn't tell you outright with a title screen or anything like that.
Interesting, so more like XC1 than XCX and Cc2 then…

There's some interesting mechanical details hidden in some of the reviews that I'm pretty curious about. There's one interesting bit of class info mentioned in some of the reviews that I find pretty interesting

There's a class alluded to in a couple different reviews that seems to be significantly more complex than any other in the game, to the point of having its own set of separate tutorials. It seems to be a lot more customizable than other classes, so maybe it's like a Poppi equivalent? Which might point to it being the Mysterious Raider from the Direct. One review in particular mentioned you could get abilities for it by killing powerful monsters, which sounds like a pretty cool concept (not sure if it'll be any monster or a specific group). The class is optional, apparently, but since it seems quite a few reviewers found it hopefully it's not too tricky to find. If it is a mechanical Poppi equivalent I wonder if the systems for it will be carried over to the first DLC Hero, who also seems mechanical in nature

There's also some interesting info about Talent Arts

NintendoLife's review makes a reference to "Noah's Lucky Seven Talent Arts", which is pretty curious. We've seen Noah's Ouroburos switch Talent Arts after using one, and Noah has the curious Talent Art "Infinity Blade" that seems to behave somewhat differently than normal Talent Arts. I wonder if this is like a series of Talent Arts, where using your Talent Art upgrades it to the next level. I also hope that this mechanic isn't limited to Noah and other characters get their own unique Talent Arts to play around with

There's some interesting mechanical details hidden in some of the reviews that I'm pretty curious about. There's one interesting bit of class info mentioned in some of the reviews that I find pretty interesting

There's a class alluded to in a couple different reviews that seems to be significantly more complex than any other in the game, to the point of having its own set of separate tutorials. It seems to be a lot more customizable than other classes, so maybe it's like a Poppi equivalent? Which might point to it being the Mysterious Raider from the Direct. One review in particular mentioned you could get abilities for it by killing powerful monsters, which sounds like a pretty cool concept (not sure if it'll be any monster or a specific group). The class is optional, apparently, but since it seems quite a few reviewers found it hopefully it's not too tricky to find. If it is a mechanical Poppi equivalent I wonder if the systems for it will be carried over to the first DLC Hero, who also seems mechanical in nature

There's also some interesting info about Talent Arts

NintendoLife's review makes a reference to "Noah's Lucky Seven Talent Arts", which is pretty curious. We've seen Noah's Ouroburos switch Talent Arts after using one, and Noah has the curious Talent Art "Infinity Blade" that seems to behave somewhat differently than normal Talent Arts. I wonder if this is like a series of Talent Arts, where using your Talent Art upgrades it to the next level. I also hope that this mechanic isn't limited to Noah and other characters get their own unique Talent Arts to play around with
You can actually see the Lucky Seven talent art in a screenshot in RPG site's review. Noah has it equipped while in the Incursor class:
Xenoblade-Chronicles-3-Review_03.jpg

As for your first point, the outfit Lanz is wearing through most of the IGN review is clearly a consul's outfit. The arts he has have names in line with enemy arts. Aquaball is usually a brog art and Dig was used by Riiks. His talent art says it increases damage per soul hack. It seems like you get a consul hero and his gimmick is basically a blue mage where he can 'soulhack' to take an enemy ability. I have no idea how you perform a soulhack though or if the arts are only temporary.

I'm really excited for a hero with a complex gimmick like that. I've been thinking the only thing missing is a class with an interesting gimmicky moveset that plays differently from others in line with Melia or X's Mastermind class with the mind control and servant sacrifice.

And I just notices there's an anchor icon status effect in that screenshot. Maybe nullify reactions like Reyn's anchor chain?

edit: Oh, I just noticed Eurogamer posted a screenshot with an unrevealed hero. Watch out if you're trying to avoid stuff like that.

Last edited:
You can actually see the Lucky Seven talent art in a screenshot in RPG site's review. Noah has it equipped while in the Incursor class:
Xenoblade-Chronicles-3-Review_03.jpg

As for your first point, the outfit Lanz is wearing through most of the IGN review is clearly a consul's outfit. The arts he has have names in line with enemy arts. Aquaball is usually a brog art and Dig was used by Riiks. His talent art says it increases damage per soul hack. It seems like you get a consul hero and his gimmick is basically a blue mage where he can 'soulhack' to take an enemy ability. I have no idea how you perform a soulhack though or if the arts are only temporary.

I'm really excited for a hero with a complex gimmick like that. I've been thinking the only thing missing is a class with an interesting gimmicky moveset that plays differently from others in line with Melia or X's Mastermind class with the mind control and servant sacrifice.

And I just notices there's an anchor icon status effect in that screenshot. Maybe nullify reactions like Reyn's anchor chain?

edit: Oh, I just noticed Eurogamer posted a screenshot with an unrevealed hero. Watch out if you're trying to avoid stuff like that.
You're talking about that girl Fiona? They did reveal her in the Xenoblade direct.

You're talking about that girl Fiona? They did reveal her in the Xenoblade direct.
Nah, that image is from RPGSite, not Eurogamer

Eurogamer did reveal a Hero we haven't seen before, though we have seen their weapon before on another character

unnamed-(4).jpg

Specifically, Miyabi, the Dual Fan Wielding Hero

Sorry, it was an unrelated thought to a different screenshot, not the one I posted. I was looking at Eurogamer after I made that post and no one else had posted since my last one so I just edited it on. It's a different hero than Fiona, it's the one Nabiscofelt posted above. And it's also different from the one DF spoiled. IGN also spoils who another hero could be by a costume on Lanz.

An update just got pushed. I will restart the software and check it out. See if I notice any major differences and report back.

Edit:
Version 1.1.0 patch notes:

- Added support for Expansion Pass (DLC volume 1 available now)

- Fixed several minor issues to improve gameplay.

Edit 2:

I don't spot any major changes in resolution or performance.

Last edited:
We got first person mode back from X!

And a new song

Plus other stuff

Thank you for the tweet compilationsss! I don't remember the first person mode from XCX but it looks so slidey and cool, I'm loving every little crumb of info from this game, though I'm avoiding spoilers like the plague. Sadly my copy from nintendo wont be here until early next week... ;-;

I haven't clicked the spoiler, but the Digital Foundry video did spoil one early hero
Ok.....I was going to mention it at first but decided against it.

I'm guessing this is who was blurred out of the Direct footage where they showed the list of heroes. It isn't too surprising in my opinion though.

Ok.....I was going to mention it at first but decided against it.

I'm guessing this is who was blurred out of the Direct footage where they showed the list of heroes. It isn't too surprising in my opinion though.
Yeah, it's not too surprising that they join though the marketing was honestly sufficiently misleading about when they'd join. I knew Ethel would be a Hero as soon as she was shown (or rather, I knew she'd be whatever a 7th party member, since we didn't actually know the term Hero or how they would work at that point). Plus, she was leaked at least 3 times by Nintendo themselves.

However, I was pretty adamant about her not being the first Hero we got for a number of reasons, so the marketing pulled the wool over my eyes pretty well on that one. Though DF (or one of the many other reviews that spoiled it, though DF is the one that gets us the best look at exactly how early she joins) wasn't what spoiled that for me. It became a bit more obvious around preview time once the other likely option (Vandham) for the first Hero was confirmed to die, and then I think NintendoLife leaked it first with a random promo image.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not too surprising that they join though the marketing was honestly sufficiently misleading about when they'd join. I knew Ethel would be a Hero as soon as she was shown (or rather, I knew she'd be whatever a 7th party member, since we didn't actually know the term Hero or how they would work at that point). Plus, she was leaked at least 3 times by Nintendo themselves.

However, I was pretty adamant about her not being the first Hero we got for a number of reasons, so the marketing pulled the wool over my eyes pretty well on that one. Though DF (or one of the many other reviews that spoiled it, though DF is the one that gets us the best look at exactly how early she joins) wasn't what spoiled that for me. It became a bit more obvious around preview time once the other likely option (Vandham) for the first Hero was confirmed to die, and then I think NintendoLife leaked it first with a random promo image.
I had a pretty good hunch Vandham would die after showing the main cast a glimpse of "the true nature of their world" and give them to incentive to go to Swordmarch. That was mostly because in the bits of footage Nintendo showed us plus some of the previews we really didn't get much outside of that for him.

I do agree Ethel was misleading but she was my only guess as the first hero.

Any reports of people getting their US Special Edition copies shipped?
Yes, actually. Just in the past several hours. But it still sounds like they're doing standard shipping so it's not going to make it by Friday.

I haven't got mine yet but I'm hopeful for tomorrow.

I've got a non spoiler question: are the voice lines annoying with all the people on screen? During some bigger fights in XB2 all you could hear were voice lines on top of each other

I had a pretty good hunch Vandham would die after showing the main cast a glimpse of "the true nature of their world" and give them to incentive to go to Swordmarch. That was mostly because in the bits of footage Nintendo showed us plus some of the previews we really didn't get much outside of that for him.

I do agree Ethel was misleading but she was my only guess as the first hero.
Oh yeah Vandham was the most telegraphed death in the history of telegraphed deaths, but my twisty logic there was that it meant it'd be a hell of a twist if he survived and thus a valid reason to censor the first Hero. Combined with what seemed to be mid-to-late game scenes of Ethel in an antagonistic role (misinterpreted on my part, it seems. Guess we haven't actually seen Ethel fighting the party that late, only her mech fighting Cammuravi's, which could mean a lot of different things), and the fact that Cammuravi, positioned as Ethel's counterpart, joins waay later (he seems to be the second to last Hero to join, maybe the last in the main story), I figured Vandham was the more likely choice.

In hindsight though, it was pretty silly to assume they'd let a Vandham survive to throw a curveball that would only be effective to those who watched pre-release marketing

I've got a non spoiler question: are the voice lines annoying with all the people on screen? During some bigger fights in XB2 all you could hear were voice lines on top of each other
When it’s chaotic af like involving 6 enemies? YES, and you can’t even understand wtf is going on when that enemies are big one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom