• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon still hasn’t shipped my copy yet. Much prefer physical, but if it isn’t on the way by the end of today I’m just gonna go digital.

Amazon still hasn’t shipped my copy yet. Much prefer physical, but if it isn’t on the way by the end of today I’m just gonna go digital.
Same with my copy, I'll just wait though.
Patience is the virtue of the strong.

MM_Dawn_of_the_Final_Day.png

At the same time, we have taken on a variety of new challenges in this work, and I believe that we were able to implicitly share a glimpse of what MONOLITHSOFT wants to achieve in the future. I think imagining what MONOLITHSOFT’s future games will look like while playing this title would be another way to enjoy it.
🤔

I mean, the game looks already massive with all the systems and the world size. And now that story DLC has the size of Torna.

Monolithsoft continues to be one of the best things Nintendo ever opened their warchest for. At this point, i assume (or rather hope) that the teams over there have a large freedome of choice what projects they wanna do without Nintendo dictating (too) much.

Are there any heroes locked behind side quests or are side quests rewards the standard money and exp rewards that I can pass on

In the developer interview it’s stated that only a third of the heroes are encounters in the main story. Plus the hero quests apparently unlock level caps for hero classes

I don't know if I should post it on this thread or not but can someone tell me if there are some environments in the game that were not showed in the trailers, without spoiling me anything (just say yes or no, xD).

Last edited:
Maybe just maybe SE Partners with Monolith for an HD-2D Xengears Remake that completes the game

The only way i could see Nintendo allowing Monolithsoft to work with SQEX (or Bamco for Xenosaga) on something like this is when it would be a Switch exclusive.

If i'm not wrong, the reason why the Collection of Mana is Switch exclusive is because Nintendo gave SQEX the Trials of Mana SNES source because SQEX lost it.

So, if they already require a game to be exclusive due to them providing (lets call it) assets, you can absolutely expect them requiring the same if a whole dev studio of theirs is involved.

How hand holdy is the story or world map

Up until chapter 3, I would say it's a similar setup to X2 in that regard, but at what seems like a quicker pace.

Chapter 1 is narrative and combat introduction

Chapter 2 is combat tutorials with freedom of exploration (to a point)

Chapter 3 is a gameplay mechanic tutorial with more freedom to explore and do hero quests (to a point)

Obviously your characters and narrative are progressing during all of this. But, the actual purpose of those chapters is to introduce a new mechanic. Which is line with the rest of the series. Though I will say combat fully opens up much quicker here than in X2.

Maybe just maybe SE Partners with Monolith for an HD-2D Xengears Remake that completes the game

What I wouldn't do for this.

I don't see hd-2d being viable though, Xenogears was 3d environments, so their are no pixel tiles for hd2d to play off of, and being actual 3d was central to the game design functionality, as the player has to rotate and move the camera around to look around corners and into lofts and explore nooks and crannies to find paths to go and treasures. Set gears a million miles apart from squares other offerings, as I was vastly let down by and large in the fifth gen, as I found the standard pre rendered jrpg design standard of the time all style and little substance where interacting with the map was concerned, a step back in functional map design from where the last gens heights left off, I quickly grew tired of skating on top of a bitmap. Even all the way back then, the roots of monolithsofts flair for engaging environment design was visible.

Kojima: We've created many colonies, but there are quite a few you wouldn't encounter if you proceeded with the main story as guided. In fact, many of the "Heroes" can be found in these detours... We, therefore, strongly encourage you to take a detour and explore.
🤤 🤤 🤤

Are there any heroes locked behind side quests or are side quests rewards the standard money and exp rewards that I can pass on
Just to add a bit to the other answers, I believe Hero Quests are specifically marked? You might need to do other sidequests to unlock them though, not sure on that

Made the hard decision to wait until September to get XB3. My daughter is with me for the summer and I’ve been mostly playing games with her (she’s currently making me replay Undertale on genocide run lol), and I want to dive into this game at full attention. As badly as I want say, fuck it, and play in bed after her bedtime lol

I should also really finally play Torna before starting this. By the time it came out I was wrapped up in so many other Switch games it ended up backlogged to hell.

I have had this thread in ignore and will keep having it until I finish this game in a couple of months but I hope all of you have fun playing XC3 :D

Despite the name, HD-2D uses 3D environments, they just didn't implement camera rotation on Octapath Traveler. But they did for Triangle Strategy, since the game required it.

Here's someone messing around with the camera in game:

It's named because it converts the imagery of 2d tile based backgrounds, into 3d, with little cubes representing the pixels of each tile, a new supremely polished take on the visuals of voxel pixel retrographics.

Xenogears, actually being 3d polygons and texture environments to begin with, and not 2d tile based raster graphics, won't work with this process. The look can't be carried over authentically into this style, because it was never there to begin with.

Less than seven hours here… but I won’t stay up to play, so tomorrow is go time for me.

We’re… finally here.

i'm hyped enough for this that I seriously considered pulling an all nighter for it but honestly i've done it before for stuff and always regret it when I do

maybe it's just me getting old but it always just leads to me putting less hours in over the course of a weekend or whatever than if i'd just went to sleep at a normal time instead

There's a difference between this and a HD-2D remake not being viable. But nevermind, since either way, it's very unlikely to happen.

That's true, but my point was never about viability, you can remake any game into the hd-2d engine.

It was about purpose. The entire point of the hd-2d engine was evoking, or directly transferring the visual appeal of those tile based 2d games, into 3d, while authentically keeping their visual tile based pixel style.

Xenogears never had that style, it was 3d. It would essentially be an hd demake.

They would need to take Xenogears, demake it from a 3d polygonal, game, Into a 2d tile based game, and then convert that demake into a 3d hd remake. Could be neat, but completely inauthentic to the original assets, to the point of being a completely different version of the game.

It's interesting in the interview, Kojima says he's not involved with the story DLC. Looks like they're giving a new director a chance or possibly using the directors from DE.

I also agree with Crusters that the tiled diorama look of HD-2D doesn't match Xenogears's aesthetic well.

Just to add a bit to the other answers, I believe Hero Quests are specifically marked? You might need to do other sidequests to unlock them though, not sure on that
I mean like does it show you where everything is on the map? Like chests, main story, quests, how much does it do? I forget what xeno 2 map is like exactly

I've been playing this game since Thursday and I desperately wanna talk about it (10hs so far).
Like how it gives me a specific Final Fantasy vibe.

Collectors edition is gone from my order history WTF?

Same here. Took the money and ran. I have a feeling we ain't getting it and I won't be surprised if the orders don't get canceled and we have to fight to get our money back. Nintendo is the worse at everything possible except for great videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom