• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When it’s chaotic af like involving 6 enemies? YES, and you can’t even understand wtf is going on when that enemies are big one.
Good, good

A XC game without chaotic nonsensical battle dialogue would be an entirely forgettable experience. I don't think I could take that. I'd be done with the series at that point

Man, i'm listening Xenoblade 1 soundtrack during work this days.

Shimomura is incredible, for me at the same level as Uematsu, the entire soundtrack of Xenoblade 1 is amazing.

She even did some of the most iconic songs from Street Fighter 2, Live A Live, Kingdom Hearts and FFXV soundtrack, wihich we can say a lot of divisive things aboute the game, but not from the soundtrack.

Mitsuda is a genius, specially after what he made with both Chrono games and Xenogears, but Xenoblade 1 soundtrack plays in another league compared to it's sequels.

Watched some reviews and the Digital Foundry tech review yesterday, that got me hyped and I was pleased to see that the game is a technical leap forward (not that XC2 or XCDE were by any means unplayable or anything). Bring on Friday!

Who has two thumbs and just got his Xenoblade 3 shipping notification from Amazon.de?

Bone Kelso.

Normally, one would think a early morning shipping on wednesday means it's coming home on thursday. But after it took Amazon's own delivery service three days to deliver my physical Live A Live game to me, i call it a win if it's here on friday. The best part was that Live A Live was idling in the "last process station" for two days .... which is 20 minutes by car from where i live.

Never seen such an unreliable delivery service.

You can change the formation of characters in the menu

second tweed is for the navigation function in case you don't know where to go.

I wonder what will be the new memables battle quotes in Xeno3.

Aside from the obvious ones, my favorites in previous games :

Xeno 1 :
Reyn : You can’t have a rainbow without Reyn !
Melia : Dunban, I think you need to have a talk with Reyn.
Dunban : No, let’s just pretend this never happened.

Reyn : Just goes to show, brawn is better than brains.
Sharla : Oh no, I can’t let that one slip by.
Melia : The head ! Shoot him in the head !
Reyn : What ? What did I say ?

Xeno 2 :
Nia : We’ll bash ya up propar next time I sweer !

(and obviously : « Think you can take me ? DON’T FORGET ME ! »

I think I'm going to rush story on easy mode. It was surprisingly challenging doing that on DE when skipping all optional fights, so I should have a good time as well.

Then I will use NG+ with level down to have a completionist playthrough on hard. Level down is just so good to have as much challenge as I want.

My main concern is only if there are things which levels up automatically and I can't unequip/reset.

How did I go 2 years after Future Connected's release and not get spoiled on
Tyrea being in the game
up until now?! I popped off when I saw her

I was up way to late last night. Doing side quests. In a Xeno game. And not just Hero quests (which are great btw), but actual side quests. You know, the filler stuff. The stuff that drains the fun away.

But in XC3, they introduce really cool incentives (both gameplay and story) for engaging in that stuff and it's really got me excited to get off the beaten path. The pace and how they introduce that content really helps in that regard (I won't spoil).

I have some complaints (mostly technical - the load times can get really bad btw) and some concerns (the antagonists), but honestly Fami this might end up being the best Xenoblade yet. It's refined in all the right places, and the world/narrative/cast really gets its hooks in you and doesn't let go.

Edit: I forgot to mention the battle system, which I really think might end up being the best in the series. But I'm only on Chapter 3, so to early to say anything definite.

Last edited:
I wonder what will be the new memables battle quotes in Xeno3.

Aside from the obvious ones, my favorites in previous games :

Xeno 1 :
Reyn : You can’t have a rainbow without Reyn !
Melia : Dunban, I think you need to have a talk with Reyn.
Dunban : No, let’s just pretend this never happened.

Reyn : Just goes to show, brawn is better than brains.
Sharla : Oh no, I can’t let that one slip by.
Melia : The head ! Shoot him in the head !
Reyn : What ? What did I say ?

Xeno 2 :
Nia : We’ll bash ya up propar next time I sweer !

(and obviously : « Think you can take me ? DON’T FORGET ME ! »
Xeno 2:
Dromarch: Make haste and retrieve it!
Rex: We'll beat them with the power of friendship!
Morag: This is the culmination of yeeeears of training!

part 2 of the Ask the Developer is out:

Tired: using midi instruments for all of the music of the game

Wired: Creating custom, real life instruments that are the exact instruments found in the game, that is used in presumably all of the music, with a uniquely distinct sound for both of the main protagonists.

Wow they really made the actual flutes in the game and used them in the game's music. They really are a passionate bunch.

Fuck someone just accidentally put a spoiler image in a meme comment thread in a forum I visit, and even tho it was something obvious it seemed late game too, like ending scene type of stuff

Fuck someone just accidentally put a spoiler image in a meme comment thread in a forum I visit, and even tho it was something obvious it seemed late game too, like ending scene type of stuff
Was it a photograph

Are the military uniforms from the opening able to be used as transmog/glamor options

Eventually you can change back to the military uniforms without changing your selected class. As far as combining outfits go, it is not currently an option 3 chapters in.

Man, i'm listening Xenoblade 1 soundtrack during work this days.

Shimomura is incredible, for me at the same level as Uematsu, the entire soundtrack of Xenoblade 1 is amazing.

She even did some of the most iconic songs from Street Fighter 2, Live A Live, Kingdom Hearts and FFXV soundtrack, wihich we can say a lot of divisive things aboute the game, but not from the soundtrack.

Mitsuda is a genius, specially after what he made with both Chrono games and Xenogears, but Xenoblade 1 soundtrack plays in another league compared to it's sequels.
Shimomura only did a few songs of the enormity soundtrack (most of them were ACE+ and Kiyota). They’re amazing tracks yeah but the soundtrack is not hers as she only had a small role.

Random question:

Has anyone commented much on the difficulty yet? I assume I’ll play it on normal since that’s what I usually do, but if it’s on the easier side I might want to bump it to hard.

Random question:

Has anyone commented much on the difficulty yet? I assume I’ll play it on normal since that’s what I usually do, but if it’s on the easier side I might want to bump it to hard.

I've seen a couple of comments that recommend starting on Normal and not switching to Hard until you've got a larger party/the battle system opens up more.

Random question:

I'm playing on normal and chapter 3 was the first time I felt any pushback. I'm currently leveling up for a certain side quest cause I hit a boss roadblock there. Haven't decided if I will switch to hard or not.

Off-topic, but changing everyone to attacker classes just to grind is super fun.

I'm playing on normal and chapter 3 was the first time I felt any pushback. I'm currently leveling up for a certain side quest cause I hit a boss roadblock there. Haven't decided if I will switch to hard or not.

Off-topic, but changing everyone to attacker classes just to grind is super fun.

I remember my first playthrough in xb1, I was smoking everything from the get go and felt confidently over leveled from farting around and exploring, and I was tearing through sword valley, until I got to a certain point where a bunch of fresh Mechon slapped me and told me to learn how to use gems and skill links.

Does it feel anything like that?

Trying to blast through future connected only doing story beats and ended up severely underleveled for the Gaelgar fight even on casual lol

Maybe I’ll just watch cutscenes

Trying to blast through future connected only doing story beats and ended up severely underleveled for the Gaelgar fight even on casual lol

Maybe I’ll just watch cutscenes

Just burn the fuel of your mortal soul and stay up playing for the next 72 hours straight.

Im so freaking excited to play this tomorrow at midnight... To be honest i thought nothing could beat Elden Ring as my Game of the Year but seeing how much i loved Xenoblade 1 and specially 2 this one might beat it for me.

I can't wait to play this game, sadly it won't arrive Friday probably so I'll have to wait for next week to play it.

I remember my first playthrough in xb1, I was smoking everything from the get go and felt confidently over leveled from farting around and exploring, and I was tearing through sword valley, until I got to a certain point where a bunch of fresh Mechon slapped me and told me to learn how to use gems and skill links.

Does it feel anything like that?

Somewhat.

This particular quest, I was pretty underleveled. Even still, I able to get through the opening of the quest because I changed almost everybody to shield/tank. But this technique wasn't able to get me through the last boss when it hits a certain stage. Once my healer was down, it was over.

It's really fun mixing and matching classes, plus switching characters mid-battle. It's something I gotta get accustomed to though, because sometimes the quick switches mess up my break/topple/daze/launch combos or I just forget what class is assigned to who 😂

Anyways, I took a break and went to level up and progress the main story. I will try and tackle the quest again tonight!

Any patch note for version 1.1.0 yet?
Was posted yesterday
An update just got pushed. I will restart the software and check it out. See if I notice any major differences and report back.

Edit:
Version 1.1.0 patch notes:

- Added support for Expansion Pass (DLC volume 1 available now)

- Fixed several minor issues to improve gameplay.

Edit 2:

I don't spot any major changes in resolution or performance.

My order is still processing, but now it shows up as Missing Product Image

QpDE1ur.png

I was one of the people who snuck in the first wave. I hope this isn't a bad sign lol

My order is still processing, but now it shows up as Missing Product Image

QpDE1ur.png

I was one of the people who snuck in the first wave. I hope this isn't a bad sign lol
I'm in the same boat as well, but I was one of those people who got in the second wave, second round.

I’ve stayed out of threads for the most part so I haven’t kept up with user impressions anywhere from early players, are they generally positive as well?

Work was super busy today, which kind of sucked, but on the positive side time flew by and now I am officially on vacation through the weekend! Wooooooo

Now I just have to survive tomorrow. DawnoftheFinalDay.jpg

So… Theoretically my digital copy will begin to work in less than 19 hours… anxiety

24 hours and 47 minutes for us in the US... I started keeping track a few hours ago lol. Tomorrow is going to be agonizing, but I have to say the past week blew by.

The UK M.N.S. has shipped my order, as of 10pm-ish on Wednesday. Looks to be a 'within 48-hours' service via Royal Mail, so I doubt that it will arrive a day early.
Midday Friday is my estimate for that lovely standard edition to drop through the front door's letterbox.

A dude has had the game available for over two hours in a store nearby, and I didn't realize until now, 10 minutes before he closes. That's some real bad luck, but I'll go tomorrow and buy it after work.

Watching the tracking of my game is very funny.

It arrived in a processing center that is about 40 mins away from here yesterday evening. Today, it was shipped to another one, the "final" one, which actually is 30 minutes further away by car than the previous one. There's actually a "final" one in a city less than 20 minutes by car away from me.

All that so that they don't deliver it early. This is a useless waste of resources, shipping stuff around randomly just for the sake of it.

Now watch it coming late evening / almost night tomorrow, if not on saturday when the same happens that happened for my Live A Live shipping, delayed for "reasons". Yes, that was actually the term they used. And deactivated the tracking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom