• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought, maybe. You know. It could work.

😅

3-B54-A980-54-DE-4-C9-F-852-B-8-F258-A7213-F4.jpg
I don’t think I’ve ever not tried this with a preorder.

Maybe this time it’ll work…

I'm going crazy knowing there's a whole ass thread on this site with Xenoblade 3 spoilers

I need to go into this game without any spoilers!!!!
I know. I just want a spoiler thread that follows my very specific spoiler threshold, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK

I couldn't resist the spoilers for a little while, but I finally put the thread on ignore and am keeping it that way. Caught the first wave of spoilers, but I wanted out before things really started getting spoiled now that people are actually playing the game.

Certainly helps that I got some of the OST to tide me over for the time being.

I couldn't resist the spoilers for a little while, but I finally put the thread on ignore and am keeping it that way. Caught the first wave of spoilers, but I wanted out before things really started getting spoiled now that people are actually playing the game.

Certainly helps that I got some of the OST to tide me over for the time being.
That’s all the leaks I want 😭

Booted up YouTube and saw a couple of thumbnails… no spoilers, just a close up shot of one of the party members.

Didn’t read the video name and just backed out of the app.

I’ve got to leave it behind haven’t I? I thought to myself as a I caught a glimpse of the thumbnail ‘they’ll get you, no matter what, if you keep looking at YouTube, you can’t escape’.

I’m out pretty much all day tomorrow. So it’s Tuesday through Thursday. Those days are my virtual everests.

Booted up YouTube and saw a couple of thumbnails… no spoilers, just a close up shot of one of the party members.

Didn’t read the video name and just backed out of the app.

I’ve got to leave it behind haven’t I? I thought to myself as a I caught a glimpse of the thumbnail ‘they’ll get you, no matter what, if you keep looking at YouTube, you can’t escape’.

I’m out pretty much all day tomorrow. So it’s Tuesday through Thursday. Those days are my virtual everests.
Yeah, it’s so frustrating that anytime you open up YouTube it just throws recommendations in your face sometimes containing spoilers for games in your watch history. I use YouTube a lot and so navigating this week will be very difficult.

Yeah, it’s so frustrating that anytime you open up YouTube it just throws recommendations in your face sometimes containing spoilers for games in your watch history. I use YouTube a lot and so navigating this week will be very difficult.
YouTube is basically my TV. I watch it all the time, either intently or in the background.

I know, I know… get the world‘s smallest violin out - but it is, alongside games themselves, probably my go-to form of entertainment.

I’m trying to avoid Twitter and Reddit as well, two places I visit daily.

I’m still going to avoid all this come Friday too, but at least I’ll have the game in my hands and that’ll take over for a bit.

I live in quite a rural place, I have a dog I walk, I go to the gym… but so much of my life is online.

I can live off the internet for a week, I’m not that weak. But it’s an inconvenience. lol

YouTube is basically my TV. I watch it all the time, either intently or in the background.

I know, I know… get the world‘s smallest violin out - but it is, alongside games themselves, probably my go-to form of entertainment.

I’m trying to avoid Twitter and Reddit as well, two places I visit daily.

I’m still going to avoid all this come Friday too, but at least I’ll have the game in my hands and that’ll take over for a bit.

I live in quite a rural place, I have a dog I walk, I go to the gym… but so much of my life is online.

I can live off the internet for a week, I’m not that weak. But it’s an inconvenience. lol
Use this. works great so far.
https://famiboards.com/threads/xeno...aks-early-copies-not-allowed.1938/post-331461

I've been lucky enough not to get any XC recommendations recently, since I've been putting "not interested" on any recs that do show up (like trailers and such, typically)

I do need to remember to watch reviews in incognito though to avoid messing that up at the finish line

I just downloaded Klonoa to give myself something to play after work this week instead of browsing YouTube. I liked the Klonoa game I played on the GBA a long time ago, so hopefully I enjoy this one too.

Just stroke me that the game should be tonally close to something like Final Fantasy X, since in both games, the main characters are charged to make the dead's souls "cross the bridge".

I'm expecting a much darker game than the previous two entries and I'm definitely not ready for the total MESS I'll be when I'll finish the game

Still can't believe the game is coming out this week.
It just sounds so absurd, even more so than xenoblade 2 coming out in December 2017 after anyone knew that it would get delayed

I’m definitely looking forward to the mature tone. XC2 had some fantastic themes that got buried by the sporadic anime garbage, while XC1’s tone was wasted on a story that didn’t really interest me thematically. Hope XC3 can be the best of both worlds.

Metacritic saying reviews dropping at 9am Eastern/6am Pacific on Tuesday.

Nice to have this confirmed. I think if I had to pick a MC I'd go with 88. I feel like it'll make the upper 80s, but won't crack 90.
79 would be VERY low IMO considering what we know and the early impressions. With the performance issues mostly fixed and the character designs significantly toned down, as long as the game is solid and at least relatively on par with other Xeno games I don't see how it could score less than XC2 (which already felt pretty low to me).

It sounds incredibly unlikely that XC3 will crack 90 on paper, but XC1 scored an 89 with modern critics. We know that critics are willing to score these games very highly, so if XC3 is better (which it certainly could be), then it's by default a 90+ title.

You know, since XC3 will probably be the end of the current "saga" (I like to call it the Klaus Saga), should XC4 be in the same multiverse, or a new universe altogether?

I'm personally hoping they'll pull a Final Fantasy and start making each Xenoblade game it's own distinct continuity with some shared elements (i.e. the conduit/zohar, ether, nopon, etc.)

Maybe they can come back to this continuity after a while, but if they're planning on making Xenoblade a franchise beyond just "Xeno", it'd be the best thing they could do for allowing them maximum creative freedom and minimum baggage.

You know, since XC3 will probably be the end of the current "saga" (I like to call it the Klaus Saga), should XC4 be in the same multiverse, or a new universe altogether?
i would say it depends:
  • It wouldn’t shock me if he tried to finish the six part series of Xenosaga
  • Continue the cliffhanger ending of XCX
  • They could do a new universe since they did mention all the pitches they’ve shown to Nintendo

i would say it depends:
  • It wouldn’t shock me if he tried to finish the six part series of Xenosaga
  • Continue the cliffhanger ending of XCX
  • They could do a new universe since they did mention all the pitches they’ve shown to Nintendo

XCX seems realistic as remaining a "secondary" series.

Continuing Xenosaga will require Bamco's cooperation, though Bamco is good with working with Nintendo anyway.

I'm actually hoping that they start a new universe altogether for XC4 though, since I'm starting to realize that these continuous long running universes (like and especially the DC and Marvel universes) don't really work all too well. They always end up adding some very unnecessary lore and plot points along the line AFAIK.

XCX seems realistic as remaining a "secondary" series.

Continuing Xenosaga will require Bamco's cooperation, though Bamco is good with working with Nintendo anyway.

I'm actually hoping that they start a new universe altogether for XC4 though, since I'm starting to realize that these continuous long running universes (like and especially the DC and Marvel universes) don't really work all too well. They always end up adding some very unnecessary lore and plot points along the line AFAIK.
What I mean by continuing Xenosaga is that Takahashi through XC basically completed his goal of doing a trilogy like what he wanted to do with Xenogears. And, while Bamco is good, to a degree, with Nintendo the last time Harada spoke on this probably means it is not going to happen.

That’s a problem long running universes tend to run into. But, people absolutely enjoy them especially if they do big crossovers with a decently written story. While they could do a new universe I’m not gonna be surprised if it ties back into XC1-3 in some form or fashion.

What I mean by continuing Xenosaga is that Takahashi through XC basically completed his goal of doing a trilogy like what he wanted to do with Xenogears. And, while Bamco is good, to a degree, with Nintendo the last time Harada spoke on this probably means it is not going to happen.

So while the Klaus saga will be just three games long, the saga after that can be six games long? I could get behind that.

That’s a problem long running universes tend to run into. But, people absolutely enjoy them especially if they do big crossovers with a decently written story. While they could do a new universe I’m not gonna be surprised if it ties back into XC1-3 in some form or fashion.

Yeah, but if they want to cross over the Klaus saga and the next Xenoblade saga, I think an explicitly non-canon crossover like a Koei Musou game could work just as well.

So while the Klaus saga will be just three games long, the saga after that can be six games long? I could get behind that.
With Xenosaga he wanted to do a sextology of games which is why they had ‘Parts’ in their subtitles. I could see them either continuing with 3 games to complete it or starting a ‘new’ trilogy that would complete it. Either way I suspect there will be callbacks and the like in the any new game, not XCX themed, in the future.
Yeah, but if they want to cross over the Klaus saga and the next Xenoblade saga, I think an explicitly non-canon crossover like a Koei Musou game could work just as well.
Technically they already did a big crossover in XC2 which worked out wonderfully for them. I could see them trying again with more characters in another game in the future.

Last edited:
Idk how to make justice to this game without spoiling, just its verywell made, game progression its super good, combat its adictive as hell with alot of options, animation for specials scenes are ultra good quality, facial animation in english are totally fine. The nopons are funny and not annoying. You guys that are taking Friday to monday I recommend taking a few more days, you all will love it.

Idk how to make justice to this game without spoiling, just its verywell made, game progression its super good, combat its adictive as hell with alot of options, animation for specials scenes are ultra good quality, facial animation in english are totally fine. The nopons are funny and not annoying. You guys that are taking Friday to monday I recommend taking a few more days, you all will love it.
STOP IT I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE

So I made the mistake of watching this Xenoblade Chronicles X video from Digital Foundry:

This game looks incredible and I had no idea. Never played it back during the Wii U era. Why the hell hasn't Nintendo brought this to Switch? I swear it looks better then the new stuff in a lot of ways including scope of the land itself. Even seems to perform better lol and that's on old hardware. Weird. Now I want this on Switch so I can play it. :(

Also currently working my way through Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (and eventually Torna) and I'm excited for Xenoblade Chronicles 3. :)

Xenoblade X was such a great game and truly one of a kind, flaws and all. Too bad it died before it got the appreciation it deserved.

So I made the mistake of watching this Xenoblade Chronicles X video from Digital Foundry:

This game looks incredible and I had no idea. Never played it back during the Wii U era. Why the hell hasn't Nintendo brought this to Switch? I swear it looks better then the new stuff in a lot of ways including scope of the land itself. Even seems to perform better lol and that's on old hardware. Weird. Now I want this on Switch so I can play it. :(

Also currently working my way through Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (and eventually Torna) and I'm excited for Xenoblade Chronicles 3. :)

There's only so much Monolith can do. We've gotten a new Xenoblade game in 4/6 years of the Switch's lifespan, and that number will likely jump to 5/7 if the XC3 story expansion matches Torna in scope.

Xenoblade Chronicles X will get its chance eventually. There just hasn't been room for it yet.

There's only so much Monolith can do. We've gotten a new Xenoblade game in 4/6 years of the Switch's lifespan, and that number will likely jump to 5/7 if the XC3 story expansion matches Torna in scope.

Xenoblade Chronicles X will get its chance eventually. There just hasn't been room for it yet.

Yeah that's fine. I can wait. I'm working my way through the Switch offerings currently so I have plenty to keep me occupied for now and worse case scenario I have a Wii U copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X in case it never comes to Switch.

It is one of the most impressive looking games ever. And the world literally hasn't ever been done at this great of scale. The game was larger than Skyrim, and the Witcher 3 at its time.

Flying in Skulls was incredible.

Unfortunately, it was an extremely expensive game to make too. The online connectivity didn't help either too, as it likely is still incurring cost to this day. I could see why they want to back away from it. It probably led to Xenoblade 2 not having as many resources as it needed too.

It had pretty uneven progression, pacing problems, and lacked the polish of the first game. Also, the story wasn't as good as the first.

If they shaved off some rough edges, that are pretty easy to fix, it would easily be an amazing add for Switch though. I have been thinking about playing it again, but some parts of the game was so rough. For example, Locking your party members whenever you are doing a side quest, meaning that you cannot do a separate side quest, or continue the main story until you finish it.

As a heads up, if anyone is looking at this thread and the pre-release thread on the old forum- avoid going into the pre-release forum over there- someone has just dropped a major spoiler in there.
Yep. Just a casual massive spoiler in the first three words of the post making it basically unavoidable even just casually reading the clearly non spoiler thread 😕

Yep. Just a casual massive spoiler in the first three words of the post making it basically unavoidable even just casually reading the clearly non spoiler thread 😕

yeah, super pissed about it. there was a pretty decent discussion going on there prior to that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom