• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gotcha. Yeah starting to worry it won't actually be shipped until launch, rather than being shipped so it gets here by launch...

Same. And I switched to GameStop because I got tired of best buy not even shipping it until release day.

My card has been processed, but it says it won't charge until it ships, and the status says 'awaiting availability'

Quoted by: SiG
I really feel like the title of this thread should be changed now that we’re getting leaks.

Thread regulars will know, but it could easily be read by someone who doesn’t frequent the thread a lot as open spoilers being allowed for XC3
I agree, there’s a way to do it? I’d appreciate to know that there will be a Xenoblade thread in the next few weeks that I can check out without the risk of some serious spoiler.

I lied. I can’t stay away from this thread lol. But I’m still going to be super cautious about spoilers. Seems like all the people who’s got the game early has been pretty respectful to not spoil the game for everyone else.

I agree, there’s a way to do it? I’d appreciate to know that there will be a Xenoblade thread in the next few weeks that I can check out without the risk of some serious spoiler.

I’ll ask a mod to change the title. In the mean time, someone else should make a containment thread for spoilers/leaks.

AHHHHH IT'S DOWNLOADED ON MY SWITCH <3

What's the deal with this anyway?
This is the first game I pre-ordered on Switch, and it downloaded and appeared on my homescreen immediately. Like. Weeks ago. At least two weeks ago. Whereas everybody else is just getting it today? Obviously, I couldn't actually PLAY it, but I could see that it was, like, 13.something gig or whatever.

The DLC, on the other hand, downloaded itself today.

I was actually curious about that, because if I was the nefarious kind, surely I could have modded my Switch and got early access? idk.

The irony is that after it appeared, I decided that I wouldn't play it at launch anyway. Like the other person mentioned on here, dipping out of the game and then back in for the DLC waves doesn't sound appealing to me. I won't be able to remember how to play the game. Luckily, I play games very slowly, so it's probably going to take my five months anyway, and I don't care about taking a break from the main game and the "extra story DLC". So it's only the third wave DLC that's the problem. It says April, I figure they'll probably have it out around February, so I can't really start playing the game until around, hmm, September at the earliest.

mines still says processing
Oh gotcha. Yeah starting to worry it won't actually be shipped until launch, rather than being shipped so it gets here by launch...
Same. And I switched to GameStop because I got tired of best buy not even shipping it until release day.

My card has been processed, but it says it won't charge until it ships, and the status says 'awaiting availability'
Same boat. My card has already been charged and the transaction already processed/approved but it still says "Processing".

What's the deal with this anyway?
This is the first game I pre-ordered on Switch, and it downloaded and appeared on my homescreen immediately. Like. Weeks ago. At least two weeks ago. Whereas everybody else is just getting it today? Obviously, I couldn't actually PLAY it, but I could see that it was, like, 13.something gig or whatever.

The DLC, on the other hand, downloaded itself today.

I was actually curious about that, because if I was the nefarious kind, surely I could have modded my Switch and got early access? idk.

The irony is that after it appeared, I decided that I wouldn't play it at launch anyway. Like the other person mentioned on here, dipping out of the game and then back in for the DLC waves doesn't sound appealing to me. I won't be able to remember how to play the game. Luckily, I play games very slowly, so it's probably going to take my five months anyway, and I don't care about taking a break from the main game and the "extra story DLC". So it's only the third wave DLC that's the problem. It says April, I figure they'll probably have it out around February, so I can't really start playing the game until around, hmm, September at the earliest.

The Nintendo eShop doesn't actually charge before 7 days of the launch for preorders so I don't know how you could have downloaded the game days ago. What eShop region are you using?
Also eShop downloads are impossible* to crack and play even with a modded Switch, the actual piracy happens with people dumping the games from early physical copies.

In the past, you were charged as soon as you pre-order the game, then you could download it as soon as it was made available on the eShop (often 1 month from release).

Then, Nintendo was sued in EU over not allowing people to cancel pre-orders, so now they only charge buyers and let them download 7 days from release (you still can't get a refund after they charge you though). This was applied beyond EU, but apparently wasn't for your country.

I won't be able to remember how to play the game.
In XC3, you can access all previous tutorials and even re-play the battles you learned the mechanic, so you should be able to get up to speed even if you take a break for a good while and forget how to play.

I lied. I can’t stay away from this thread lol. But I’m still going to be super cautious about spoilers. Seems like all the people who’s got the game early has been pretty respectful to not spoil the game for everyone else.

I’ll ask a mod to change the title. In the mean time, someone else should make a containment thread for spoilers/leaks.

Pictured: Artist rendering of the Xeno containment thread:
8395911_orig.jpg

Thanks it’s already changed 😍😍😍

The Nintendo eShop doesn't actually charge before 7 days of the launch for preorders so I don't know how you could have downloaded the game days ago. What eShop region are you using?
UK. Whole thing was kinda weird.
I ordered it on the 23rd of June via browser. I got a confirmation email. Then half an hour later, i got an email saying my "download code" was ready to use. Clicking the redeem on that is what triggered the download to my console I believe (but I can't say for sure - it was on my homescreen next time I booted it, but I don't know when that was)
Whereas every other time I've bought from the eShop, it's downloaded transparently without needing a code or anything.

My bank statement shows the payment going to Nintendo of Europe on the 24th of June.

Weird. Low key sad I couldn't manage to exploit whatever weirdness happened for my own benefit llolol

I watched a recap of Xeno 1 & 2 from Nintendo World Report, felt a bit nostalgic watching all this ^^.

It doesn’t spoil anything from Xeno 3 but I strill recommand NOT watching the last segment because since the person who did the video finished the game for the upcoming review, his questions MIGHT unvolontary spoil or tease something (glad I stopped the video quickly enough).

6 days remaining !

A big thing about Xenoblade 2 was about Memories.

So ill be pretty disappointed if Nia doesn’t mentioned Dormarch at all.

Hell. Don’t need Rex or Pyra mentioned. Dormarch is where it’s at.

One week left! I got excited just seeing the thumbnail pop up on my switch today lol. This next week is going to be so slow.

The game looks absolutely amazing and it feels unreal how close it is. I'm trying to keep my expectations in check and I definitely have a fair share of concerns (lack of towns, more grounded/plainer less fantastical environments, darker story, ouroboros balancing, simplified equipment/gems), but overall I'm just so hyped! I don't know if I'll love it more than 1 - my favorite game - but I think it could be pretty close and I can't wait.

I'll probably not spend too much time in this thread even with the separate spoiler thread just to go in as fresh as possible. I don't even really want to see the remaining tweets or reviews. I remember they revealed KOS-MOS during 2's last week of tweets.

What's going on Spain? 30? Why can't you be more like your siblings, Italy and Germany?
1/3 of the top30 are -90% discounts and other 5 games are evergreens, but yeah I agree… pretty bad taste over here since forever, Spain is Sony/FIFAland after all :p

I'm not usually huge into reviews, but man I really can't wait for reviews for this, lol. I just want to see a lot of mostly spoiler-free reactions while also getting a few more details pre-launch.

On one hand having XC3 preloaded feels surreal, and I can hardly believe it’s only a week out. On the other, having that icon taunting me for an entire week and unable to play it is cruel and unusual.

This is probably spoiler question territory but I really didn’t want to ask in that thread since I have no idea what people will leave there:

Do we know if there’s any form of traversal other than on foot and boat?

I guess it would be great to be surprised, but I kind of want to set expectations. I’d hoped the Ouroboros form would be used, but it seems like it’s combat oriented and timed.

I just finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2!! I don’t have any real issue with chapter 4 where I fell off it the first time around, but from like the end of chapter 5 and on things really pick up, and from Chapter 8 to the end was next level. Anyway I love Morag and zeke and also Finch might be my favorite blade. The combat also clicked a lot more this time around and was great.

Even more excited for 3 now, I’m going to play Torna now and spend the rest of my free time wrestling with the decision to go back to 1 or to jump into 3 straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom