• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Cold Steel 3 is trash, even as bad as cold steel 2. Too many old characters even have a bad effect on the characterization of Trails series. You can also check the sales of trails series, it is not a good choice for Xeno series to do the same thing as Trails series.
all the more reason they're selling this as a conclusion. Xenoblade 4 or Xeno-whatever is probably the start of a whole new storyline

all the more reason they're selling this as a conclusion. Xenoblade 4 or Xeno-whatever is probably the start of a whole new storyline
But there is no news from Monolith that xc3 is the conclusion of the storyline. They only said xc3 is a brilliant combination of prior games.
For example, you can see a lot of elements from Xenogears.

There's no news about it, but it would make sense. Bring the Klaus-created worlds together and give them a satisfying conclusion. Plus it would make it a nice trilogy.

Takahashi seems to have accepted all of his works will fit into a "Xeno-brand" so it's not like his next "Xeno" series would completely abandon elements from his past works that he likes to reuse and spin in different ways.

Even if there is a conclusion for Klaus-created world. I don't think the main story of XC3 will give the conclusion.
Remember the cover of the season pass? The possibility of presenting the conclusion in a dlc story like future connected and Torna is much higher.

Even there is a conclusion for Klaus-created world. I don't think the main story of XC3 will give the conclusion.
Remember the cover of the season pass? The possibility of presenting the conclusion in a dlc story like future connected and Torna is much higher.
I don't think this is likely. Intuitively, the number of people who've played FC/Torna is likely lower than the number of people who've played the main games (Xenoblade 1 or Xenoblade 2 respectively). If I was Takahashi, I'd prefer to have my definitive conclusion be where the largest number of people would see it. Now, if the goal was to generate sales of the season pass, then what you say would make sense. However, Nintendo generally hasn't operated that way, with them generally adopting a game-dev first approach to publishing and sales.

VG247: On this topic, there's some curious small game-connecting changes in Definitive Edition - like Alvis' necklace being changed to reference Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Is your intent behind changes like this just a nod and a wink to fans, or are these attempts to more deeply and more obviously connect the universes of the games? Do you want to draw these universes closer together?

Takahashi: From the beginning, each entry in the Xenoblade Chronicles series has depicted a single episode within the flow of a larger time and space. So they are, at their roots, closely connected with each other, but we’re flexible with changing the means and ways in which we depict this in each entry.

Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are like two sides of the same coin which might be why it feels like the connection between them seems to be particularly standing out.
Unless this was very mistranslated, X is also connected just not as strongly as 1 and 2 are. Which means XC3 is not the end.

With that said, it's possible to keep them "great standalone but enhanced if you play others", even for XC3, and that's what they should aim for.

The links were expertly done in 2.
There was a smaller jab in Chapter 7, that was also mind blowing given the casual nature of its reveal.

Beyond the goofy premise of this strip...it's interesting that certain memories were of great value to Pyra (conversely, Malos rejected any sort of attachment), and that there was some sort of interface environment where the Aegises could go to access or delete them.
I wonder how the Ouroboros, and perhaps Moebius, are potentially an offshoot of this. The merging of the two worlds has led to several interesting developments, and a bunch of mere mortals have been granted some very specials powers...

Can't read any of that lol.

This: "interface environment they can access", and looking at the visuals:

Sounds like the 'memory world' first established in Xb1.

It's the literal computer memory of the tricore, er trinity processor, in xb1 it was established to contain a calibrated match of the physical world, as described by the placement of ether (revealed to be nano machines in xb2). This was down to the accurate up to date placement of every atom, including those in every being, and the chemical/electrical state of each and every brain. (Why Shulk still 'existed' after dying, and where Alvis pulled the personality/consciousness of the party from to help motivate Shulk to create the new universe). This was necessary to make editing matter with the nano machines possible, if it was not accurately calibrated to a virtual match in computer memory, attempting to edit reality would be like joycon drifting but with atomic/molecular placement. NOT PRETTY. It also contained the scripting code of any monado users, at the beginning of the game this consisted soley of Zanzas pre established harmony of events, which he provided to Shulk to read as his visions. (But as the game went on, Shulk began subconsciously writing his own, and ultimately became the dominant user, to the extent Zanza couldn't even get a read.)

It also contains the exact same data for Alrest. In addition, every blade and titan sends their data in to computer memory. All this data is also fed straight to Klaus, through the pulsating data cables. Klaus is aware of Zanza, and the universe of the Bionis and Mechonis. The reverse does not appear to be true, Zanza seems to be oblivious to his other half and the original universe still existing. My take is he's simply being denied the data.

This physical world and memory world is the blade take on the real word/imaginary world/U-DO concept. It's also a very amusingly sci Fi 'accurate' take, cutting out most all of the mumbo jumbo magic typically associated with the genre, Xenoblade is strikingly clean in this regard. The power of God consists of a computer to process the 'god command's into program code, a computer to run the software for controlling the machine, including offloading to sub processor cores, and a driver (yup) to link the software from the input hardware, to the output hardware (ether/nanomachines). There is exactly one impossible unexplainable device, which is the monolith itself, the conduit, a transdimensional perpetual motion machine, capable of supplying seemingly infinite power, and while much of the high technology of xb2 was the result of generations of ai self design, this power supply is the only thing that made any of these devices, even physically possible.

I don't think this is likely. Intuitively, the number of people who've played FC/Torna is likely lower than the number of people who've played the main games (Xenoblade 1 or Xenoblade 2 respectively). If I was Takahashi, I'd prefer to have my definitive conclusion be where the largest number of people would see it. Now, if the goal was to generate sales of the season pass, then what you say would make sense. However, Nintendo generally hasn't operated that way, with them generally adopting a game-dev first approach to publishing and sales.
If I was Takahashi, the first thing I would do is to ensure that there won't be a block for new buyers in XC3.
Season pass is gift for old fans and new fans who already know the whole timeline of Klaus-created world, though it won't sales as good as the mainstory.
From the mainstory, you will know the story of Noah's team. From the dlc, you will know the conclusion of Klaus-created world. The mainstory of XC3 is for a wider customer base.
Though I'm an old fan of Xeno series, I still think an IP in rising period need to focus more on new comers but not old fan service.

Last edited:
If I was Takahashi, the first thing I would do is to ensure that there won't be a block for new buyers in XC3.
Season pass is gift for old fans and new fans who already know the whole timeline of Klaus-created world, though it won't sales as good as the mainstory.
From the mainstory, you will know the story of Noah's team. From the dlc, you will know the conclusion of Klaus-created world. The mainstory of XC3 is for a wider customer base .

I'm not weighing in on dlc stuff, but I will say we may be putting too much thought Into this.

The Xenoblade series narrative seems to consist of roughly two layers, the narrative story/character layer, which can be summed up by the series of events experienced by the players party, and how they can perceive the world, which is self contained by game; and the world/universe premise/plot that the party is not aware of, but players can pick up on, this is where the games are linked, and it does not appear that Takahashi is too concerned with making sure everyone can pick up on this aspect of the story.

I'm not weighing in on dlc stuff, but I will say we may be putting too much thought Into this.

The Xenoblade series narrative seems to consist of roughly two layers, the narrative story/character layer, which can be summed up by the series of events experienced by the players party, and how they can perceive the world, which is self contained by game; and the world/universe premise/plot that the party is not aware of, but players can pick up on, this is where the games are linked, and it does not appear that Takahashi is too concerned with making sure everyone can pick up on this aspect of the story.
I agree with you. For me, I think the connection between XC1 and XC2 is the best form in this series, just like what you say.
What I mean is that the mainstory of XC3 won't give a conclusion of XC1 and XC2, just like XC2 only give a conclusion of Rex's story.
But in the season pass, I think they will give a common ending for all the three games because of the cover.

It's weird the glowing tree secret area is in Erythia and not the Urayan Tunnels.

Anyways, seems this week's tweets are mostly going to be recapping last week's blog. The next one's probably going to be the fabricator. This might be the time for me to go on media blackout before the reviews hit. I wanted to know more about how gems are equipped, but I don't think they're going to say any more on that in the last week of tweets. I'll find out in 9 days anyway.

It's weird the glowing tree secret area is in Erythia and not the Urayan Tunnels.

Anyways, seems this week's tweets are mostly going to be recapping last week's blog. The next one's probably going to be the fabricator. This might be the time for me to go on media blackout before the reviews hit. I wanted to know more about how gems are equipped, but I don't think they're going to say any more on that in the last week of tweets. I'll find out in 9 days anyway.
Yeah I'm going to be going on blackout now, too, other than probably reading a few reviews. I've done a decent job of staying away from too many details and such, and I definitely want to avoid any actual leaks that'll likely start to pop up soon

Unless this was very mistranslated, X is also connected just not as strongly as 1 and 2 are. Which means XC3 is not the end.

With that said, it's possible to keep them "great standalone but enhanced if you play others", even for XC3, and that's what they should aim for.
that part doesn't mention Xenoblade X, so I dont see why I should think it's connected yet

Aww all the long-timers are leaving. See y'all on the other side!

I'll probably go dark once story spoilers start getting too prevalent, but there's still some mechanics stuff I'm interested in. Might request some info here from people who pay more attention to the leaks

Time to create a spoiler thread? It would be great to quarantine the leak out of this thread.

Time to create a spoiler thread? It would be great to quarantine the leak out of this thread.
I think copies are just getting out so we're probably about a day or so from actual leaks, but a leak thread would be good

How do we think this one will do with critics? I forgot how acclaimed the first game was.

EZDgsq2XsAgMLhB

How do we think this one will do with critics? I forgot how acclaimed the first game was.

EZDgsq2XsAgMLhB

The first game released in the years when a wet fart could get a 89/100 and it had the appeal of being the "hister game for people with exotic tastes". It may get a similar score but it's doubtful even if it is comparatevely a much better game.

that part doesn't mention Xenoblade X, so I dont see why I should think it's connected yet
1) They said "from the beginning, each entry of the XB series", meaning all of them.
2) If the connection between 1 and 2 are "particularly standing out", then its implied there are other connections which doesn't stands out. At the point of the interview (DE release), there was only 1 other Xenoblade game besides 1 and 2, which was X.
3) You can't even suppose they were counting Torna as entry but not X, because Torna has a much bigger connection to 2 than 1 has.

Last edited:
The first game released in the years when a wet fart could get a 89/100 and it had the appeal of being the "hister game for people with exotic tastes". It may get a similar score but it's doubtful even if it is comparatevely a much better game.
...what? It was a genuinely beloved RPG upon release. It helped that it released in a time when large-scale JRPGs were few and far between.

...what? It was a genuinely beloved RPG upon release. It helped that it released in a time when large-scale JRPGs were few and far between.

DE is a much better experience and it rated lower than XC1, that's what I'm saying. The 92/100 of 2011 is not a 92/100 of 2022, and the perception of the series changed too.

As soon as actual copies are out there we're bound to see pirate copies, so yeah don't freak out over just some people selling cases on eBay.

1) They said "from the beginning, each entry of the XB series", meaning all of them.
2) If the connection between 1 and 2 are "particularly standing out", then its implied there are other connections which doesn't stands out. At the point of the interview (DE release), there was only 1 other Xenoblade game besides 1 and 2, which was X.
3) You can't even suppose they were counting Torna as entry but not X, because Torna has a much bigger connection to 2 than 1 has.

Fully agrees, he clearly refered to the entire xenoblade franchise, including X. Monolith does not sees X as a spin-off and it is very annoying that some sites or even reviewers still use this term to refer to X.

Can we post spoilers here or better in other thread?. Not that i have something to share, but if copies are available in ebay there is defenitly some shops that ignore lunch day in my country.

Exactly.

Somehow I do manage to avoid the spoilers on twitter without mute words but maybe that's just who I follow. Hope that doesn't age poorly for me lol.
We’re both screwed. lol

Wish I was cool enough to get an early copy. But I’ll wait… like a chump…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom