• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the deal with this anyway?
This is the first game I pre-ordered on Switch, and it downloaded and appeared on my homescreen immediately. Like. Weeks ago. At least two weeks ago. Whereas everybody else is just getting it today? Obviously, I couldn't actually PLAY it, but I could see that it was, like, 13.something gig or whatever.

The DLC, on the other hand, downloaded itself today.

I was actually curious about that, because if I was the nefarious kind, surely I could have modded my Switch and got early access? idk.

The irony is that after it appeared, I decided that I wouldn't play it at launch anyway. Like the other person mentioned on here, dipping out of the game and then back in for the DLC waves doesn't sound appealing to me. I won't be able to remember how to play the game. Luckily, I play games very slowly, so it's probably going to take my five months anyway, and I don't care about taking a break from the main game and the "extra story DLC". So it's only the third wave DLC that's the problem. It says April, I figure they'll probably have it out around February, so I can't really start playing the game until around, hmm, September at the earliest.
Since fall 2020, the eShop doesn't charge for preorders until a week before release, but if you somehow get a download code, it's still possible to preload earlier than that.

Also, my understanding is that the security on the preloads is pretty cryptographically sound. It's not something you can break.

The spoiler threads are now officially here. We all knew it was going to happen, but to actually see them and know they house forbidden knowledge…

… it’s going to be a long week.

Worse still, they’re already beginning to get populated on here, Era and elsewhere.

Which means people know stuff I don’t, and that hurts! :p

Yep, I spotted that a large slice of the soundtrack got ripped and then dumped onto Youtube. The recommendation algorithms are going to make avoiding spoilers quite tricky for the duration of next week.

The Nintendo UK Store has taken payment for my standard physical copy pre-order.

Havent ignored spoiler thread because I want to be mentioned for one thing I asked about in there and I’m not sure if ignoring will cancel a mention out, but every time I open this site and see it at the top of the screen I feel jumpscare-d.

I'm taking a day off work Friday exclusively to play this game from midnight to Monday. I may also take Monday off...
Got Friday and Monday off myself. Can’t wait. I’ve got a pretty naff week ahead though (and am working this weekend), so it can’t come round soon enough.

I just finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2!! I don’t have any real issue with chapter 4 where I fell off it the first time around, but from like the end of chapter 5 and on things really pick up, and from Chapter 8 to the end was next level. Anyway I love Morag and zeke and also Finch might be my favorite blade. The combat also clicked a lot more this time around and was great.

Even more excited for 3 now, I’m going to play Torna now and spend the rest of my free time wrestling with the decision to go back to 1 or to jump into 3 straight away.

Fantastic, great to hear when people pick 2 back up and finish it. I love Finch too even though Finch is objectively the worst blade lol. Dromarch is another one I love despite his.... ineffective Affinity Chart.

"Next level" is exactly how I'd describe the ending of the game. Something about starting the game at (cloud) sea level while always seeing your goal in the distance was really cool, and makes the eventual upward traversal fee epic and climactic.

Torna is 10/10 Xenoblade imo, and a perfect ~35 hour 100% completion. Feels like a complete game in a small box.

I'm taking a day off work Friday exclusively to play this game from midnight to Monday. I may also take Monday off...
Me too. Been a while since I took time off for a game release, feels good. Just have to ignore that spoiler thread and let reviews in a couple days tide me over.

Once again, to avoid spoilers install the chrome extension Spoiler Protection 2.0 and add the whatever info you need. I suggest
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Name of every main character + some heroes
  • Ending and Final Boss
Thanks for this. Now I have big red bars everywhere and the spoiler threads ignored.

Probably the first time I've ever gone this hard to avoid spoilers...

Accidentally just posted this in the Spoilers thread thinking it was this one. Dodged a bullet.

Anyway:

I managed to finish up my Xenoblade 2 replay in time to jump into Live a Live before Xenoblade 3. Couple of things:

1. I still adore it so SO much
2. Yes, the designs for the female characters are bad. But I find myself so drawn to the game that I can look past it.
3. Unpopular opinion: I love Rex and think he's great.
4. Ultimately framing the story as a "Boy meets girl" -type love story is such a strong choice, and really sets it apart from both the first game and the rest of the JRPG genre. Gives it such a unique flavor that I love.

Anyway, onto Xenoblade 3! I can't fucking wait. 1 and 2 are truly GOATs in my eyes, and I love what I've seen from 3 (although, excitingly, I really don't know much aside from Nia and Melia returning).

Fantastic, great to hear when people pick 2 back up and finish it. I love Finch too even though Finch is objectively the worst blade lol. Dromarch is another one I love despite his.... ineffective Affinity Chart.

"Next level" is exactly how I'd describe the ending of the game. Something about starting the game at (cloud) sea level while always seeing your goal in the distance was really cool, and makes the eventual upward traversal fee epic and climactic.

Torna is 10/10 Xenoblade imo, and a perfect ~35 hour 100% completion. Feels like a complete game in a small box.
Finding out finch was not a good blade was so sad for me, still used her a lot though. At the start of chapter 8 waking up in Morytha I was like woah and then it kept escalating. Also during chapter 8 when I went to Mor Ardain to buy some items before continuing and seeing the Indol vs Torna fight in the sky was a neat little extra I really liked. That part honestly gave me big X vibes with the mecha fight, the klaus flashback and then Elysium I immediately thought of Neo Tokyo. Also when Mikhail has the robot transformation bit I thought it was the main mechon from early on in the original.

I’ve been playing Torna all day so far and it’s been a lot of fun, I really like the changes they made to the battle system. Plus seeing all these characters in different ways is neat like watching Mythra become the Mythra we knew in 2 or Jin and seeing hints of how Lora reigns him in knowing what will happen. Obviously Jin is the main character in Torna but after sitting on 2 a bit more I really feel like he’s the emotional crux of the Torna/2 story like his character and ideals feel like the most central theme of the plot. A great foil for Rex as he develops and as we learn more about Jin. Basically Jin is probably my favorite character. I also love the implication that Lora and Jin doing the sword swapping is the reason for why drivers and blades fought the way they did in 2.

Anyway I also think Torna looks better than 2 did and somehow I’m getting more excited for 3. I also dug out my new 3DS and booted up the first game just to see how far along I was and I’m getting ready to fight the Telethia in the Jungle, so from what I remember on the Wii I’m gearing up to get to the story that’ll probably be most important for 3. We’ll see how that goes, don’t want to burn out before Friday.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that the Torna battle theme is so so good

Last edited:
still don't have tracking details on my special edition order, don't fuck me nintendo
Same. Has anyone gotten their tracking yet btw?

When you preorder from the My Nintendo Store, does it normally come close to release date?
I have 0 faith in my special edition version arriving on time, so I have a digtial copy as well. I suggest doing the same or trying to pick up a physical copy from a local store if you can on release day and just selling the copy from Nintendo when it arrives.

I'm really considering buying a second copy while the Nintendo order arrives. I hope we see tracking details before the 29th
hqdefault.jpg

My Nintendo Store order still says processing, so no movement yet. I don't want to have to buy a copy Friday, but I will. With the leak it's already torture enough....

Whenever I've ordered My Nintendo rewards from them it takes about 6 days to get them, so I'm not hopeful about getting it on time :(

Quoted by: SiG
You know what would be an amazing feature for Collectors Editions of big games (that they would never implement in a million years for obvious reasons)? Including a download code to get the game digitally on launch day even if your shipment is delayed. Think of it like some book publishers do, they give you a free ebook download when you buy the hardcover.

I’ve held strong for now…

Not sure if anyone else does this but, I visit sites such as YouTube and Twitter, half hoping I see something I shouldn’t. :p

I don’t want to be spoiled, but I have urges that are difficult to quell. I won’t search spoilers out but if I were to see them on my internet travels, would it be so bad?

Of course, it all depends on what spoilers you see. Again, I’m not actively looking for them, but there’s some stuff that wouldn’t ruin my enjoyment of the game.

I hear the ending and other stuff is already out there though.

I’m trapped in my house nearly all week doing the on-call shift, I’ve just given up playing Genshin (on a daily basis anyway) and I have not much to do outside of using the internet.

I need a miracle to avoid this stuff. I need to cut my usage right down… but then I won’t be able to upvote the ‘Daily Mai’ post on Reddit… it doesn’t bear thinking about…

They said as much on Twitter last year, but it's still hard to believe.

I'm curious how Takahashi/Monolith Soft manages to convince Nintendo to allocate so much budget into the music.

While the Metroid franchise is still MIDI, we have MS pumping out one of the biggest soundtracks in a single game.

I've listened to the (beautiful) full version of the Direct trailer vocal song on YouTube yesterday, but now apparently it's not there anymore. There is one other vocal theme that's still available though.

My Nintendo Store order still says processing, so no movement yet. I don't want to have to buy a copy Friday, but I will. With the leak it's already torture enough....

Whenever I've ordered My Nintendo rewards from them it takes about 6 days to get them, so I'm not hopeful about getting it on time :(
Yeah, it's still processing on my end as well. I'm tempted to go for a digital copy in addition to the SE.

The Nintendo Store really needs to get their logistics together better.

I'm curious how Takahashi/Monolith Soft manages to convince Nintendo to allocate so much budget into the music.

While the Metroid franchise is still MIDI, we have MS pumping out one of the biggest soundtracks in a single game.
Screen_Shot_2017-05-02_at_2.43.53_PM.png

Dissing midi these days is weak. Diss the sampling at least. You can do some amazing shit with midis thanks to modern processors.

That won't save Dread's mediocre soundtrack tho 😏

Yo. I just heard the full version of “The Weight of Life”.

Nintendo/Monolith soft really didn’t gives us the best part of the song when they posted it lol

I was looking for the Xenoblade Direct on YouTube just to get my fix until Friday and I realised people are already uploading cutscenes so I had to leave lol. At least they’re a bit respectful by not showing major stuff on the miniature images or video titles so far… but oh well :( I’m sure it’ll get worse in the coming days so watch out!

Could someone say if the impressions are positive? I don't want to spoil myself. Thanks!
No spoilers here:

I'm going crazy knowing there's a whole ass thread on this site with Xenoblade 3 spoilers

I need to go into this game without any spoilers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom