• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Direct announced for June 22nd (broadcast over, Expansion Pass confirmed, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is good.

Watching the ensuing panic/rage about it not being a regular Direct will be even better.

Honestly, this caught most of us off guard but this makes too much sense. Xenoblade 2 got a direct around a month before launch.

Though this is great since it means nintendo doesnt have to spend long on xenoblade on the full direct since its getting its presumed last information blowout this week

Excited to see expanded info on the sub systems within the game, really hoping they announce the expansion pass for the game here as well. I just hope it's not super spoiler-y, the last XC2 direct wasn't filled with spoilers if I remember correctly.

I still think we get a general direct next week though

will probably skip, and good to know the main direct will not have a huge segment dedicated to one game.
Im probably in the minority of people who dont care about xenoblade so Im glad this is happening

I know this sounds egoistical but I hope this opens up some more time for BotW 2 next week lol

Me watching the anti Xenoblade/Fire Emblem/JRPG Nintendo crowd malding on Twitter
EVLfr4RUMAIYIxU.jpg

This caught me off guard, but what exciting news! Shame I'll be working.
If this means 20 minutes of boring Xenoblade doesn't clog up the general direct next week, then everyone is happy!
Yeah this is a win win. Hopefully means I get Xenoblade news without people being all "this is boring where's my Donkey Bayonnaise?", and those people don't have to sit through weeb stuff they don't want.

No, don't. I've got no moneyz left
You don't need it lol. But I definitely expect the most spoiler heavy trailer, gameplay, view on the world, side quests, DLC expansion pass and end it with a sexy OLED special edition.

But I think I might skip the Direct because of spoilers. Last time, they spoiled quite a lot in XC2 which I wish I didn't see.

You know that ninja character from Disgaea 2 who’s always ready with a knife at her own throat at the drop of a hat? That’s the Nintendo fanbase.

Anyways, super excited to see more of Xeno 3. The gameplay can’t be any worse than 2. Everything else about it looks fantastic so far.

There's your Direct!

So, will they spoil half the game in this Direct? I'm really not sure if I want to watch. I want to go into the game completely blind, but I also want to see what they'll show.

So next week Partner Showcase or a Mini Direct, mid july to august a Splatoon Direct and the next regular direct with Zelda in September 😜

Last minute prediction: there’s going to be some kind of travel system similar to Skells in this. The little glimpses we’ve seen so far, the world looks way more X and the 1 or 2 in terms of openness and scale.

This means nothing for a general direct, as a Pokemon direct happened a week before the 2019 e3 direct

I feel like it might bode poorly for the chances of a treehouse though

which is a little unfortunate if so because there were also other games I wanted a treehouse for in addition to this

Amazing news. I thought the XC3 Direct would happen in early July, shortly after the main Direct. I guess I was wrong. However this may be a better strategy. Get those Direct-hungry Nintendo fans to watch the XC3 presentation out of sheer despair, then deliver the main Direct.

So this means there won’t be a Xenoblade section in the direct? LET’S GOOOOO!
Wouldn't count on it. At the very least the new trailer will probably be included again in the main Direct, with a mention of the specific Direct that just took place few days before.

The Snitch is useless! :LOL:
his only usefulness is when a video is uploaded to YouTube before it becomes public. he might have something on this tomorrow, tho i doubt leaking something from a xenoblade direct would be very exciting.

Pokémon is pretty much a beast of its own when it comes to advertisement so I wouldn’t use it as an example.
There's also September 2020, where we had a Mario direct, then a partner showcase, then HW AOC all a week apart from each other, when that all could have been a direct mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom